It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks, guys. :oops: I had another idea. (Run away!)

{aggron} @ Chesto
Sturdy, Impish/Careful Nature
EVs: 252 Hp, 189 Sp. Def, 69 Def.
Counter
Thunderbolt
Attract
Rest

Rather different set for Aggron. Counter is there for any fighting or ground moves (i.e, BrickBreak, Earthquake) which are very common moves. Thunderbolt is there for any water types that may Surf this guy to death, Attract to help preserve it a bit longer, and Rest to help it heal damage when Attract is in effect. EVs are spread to maximize Hp (to help it withstand attacks), boost the lousy Sp. Def (to help it last against water moves), and keep the high Def. for which Aggron is famous (helps Aggron last long enough to use Counter). You might want to change the last two moves, and I know that Aggron has lousy Sp. Attack, so Thunderbolt won't be very effective. *shrug* Make of it what you will.

EDIT: Thought of another one, this time for Espeon. Ready? Okay!

{espeon} @ King'sRock/Lefties
Synchronize, Modest nature
EVs: Sp. Attack 252, Sp. Def. 129, Def. 129
Psychic
Bite
Reflect
LightScreen

Espeon's one of the few pokemon able to learn both Screens, and since it has both physical and special weaknesses, those moves cover both. It's fast enough to put them in effect. It might have been better to give it Lefties to hold, but I like the King'sRock since you can have it Bite. With Espeon's high Speed and Sp. Attack, it can put to good use Bite, and that move is totally unexpected from an Espeon. Opponent sends out ghost, Espeon uses Bite, ghost goes byebye. Psychic is there for sweeping. This guy would run into some major trouble against a Regice or Blissey though.

EDIT: And another one. The creative juices are really flowing today.

{volbeat} @ ChoiceBand
Swarm, Adament Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, 129 Speed, 129 Hp
Trick
SignalBeam
Swagger
PsychUp

Use Trick right away to give the opponent the ChoiceBand. If they use either a stat-boosting move or a not very effective move, then use Swagger, then PsychUp. SignalBeam is there to make use of that, and to confuse the foe on occasion. Fairly straightfoward.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Aggron: I still doubt anyone will stick around longer if they see Counter once. They'll just switch to water, and use a much faster Surf to get you. Just too slow to work.

Espeon: Amazingly, I attempted at Espeon a while ago with almost the same set. Only difference was Calm Mind for Light Screen. It would work better, but it didn't make the HoF anyway. Sorry.

Volbeat: The ChoiceBand thing doesn't work if you're slower than the opponent. They'll probably switch and kill the strategy. I don't think it'll work, but I'll test it.

You (Skytune) can test the Ludicolo and I'll test your Volbeat.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Criticalchamp :shock:
Machamp (M) @ Scope Lens
Trait: Guts
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Focus Energy
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rest

Might need a little tweaking with the Evs.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Dont forget Criticalzor (my fave since I submitted it lol)
Criticalpedo! LOL
{sharpedo} Scope Lens /Rough Skin
Adamant/Jolly, Evs: 252 Spd 252 Attack 6 HP
Focus Energy
Slash
Attract
HP Ghost
Attract first to stall, then set yourself up for Super Critical Smackdown! Probably wont live more than 3-4 turns, maybe even 2. HP Ghost for those mean ghosties. (LOL, hits them, takes advandtage of Attack, and super effective w/ high critical hit!)
Might need a lil' tweaking....

-Gardevoir~

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:45 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I find it funny when people push the trend of one or two successful HoF-ers to "That one can learn it, too. Post!" I mean, this is seriously pushing the whole "Creative" thing. If it is, then they probably won't be tested, but that's up to Snow.

Machamp: Rest makes you fall Asleep, and that lets your opponents take full advantage. I seriously doubt it would have enough lasting time anyway, so you'd take off Rest and use an attacking move. Probably Rock Slide or something.

Sharpedo: Also looks seriously vulnerable. Attract won't do much at all to help with this strategy. I'd also suggest Jolly.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aggron: I still doubt anyone will stick around longer if they see Counter once. They'll just switch to water, and use a much faster Surf to get you. Just too slow to work.

Volbeat: The ChoiceBand thing doesn't work if you're slower than the opponent. They'll probably switch and kill the strategy. I don't think it'll work, but I'll test it.

You (Skytune) can test the Ludicolo and I'll test your Volbeat.

Then make the nature on the Volbeat Jolly, switch the EVs from Attack to Speed, and try it then. For the Aggron, that's why I put Surf on there. If the opponent doesn't have a brickbreaking or earthquaking pokemon, then use Thunderbolt, as they'll probably switch to a water type. If they do know either of those moves, it will probably hurt Aggron more than half, and then there goes their pokemon with Counter. I know it's got problems, but it might work. If you've time, will you test in anyways?

I'm on the Ludicolo. I'll report tomorrow (if I can get on Netbattle. It was screwy today).

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:40 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Thanks S_S and tiger10x. That's what I think as well. I had the Primeape set added in, and the next was a Scizor, similar in concept (Scope Lens and all), and it went in as well, but now it's getting repetitive, and the originality is disappearing :?

Updated the Test List.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 100 HP / 200 Spd / 208 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Punch
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Say hello to Feraliboah!

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, one last moveset before the creative juices dry up...

{noctowl} @ Leftovers/Chesto
KeenEye/Insomnia, Modest nature
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 189 Def, 69 Sp. Def.
Psychic
FaintAttack
MudSlap
Rest/LightScreen

Just a special version of Noctowl. Mudslap is for electric types, while FaintAttack is for any psychics/ghosts and Psychic is for any fighters/poisoners. MudSlap will also be supereffective against any steel or rock types. Like it?

PS. On the Aggron, change Attract to Thunderwave. If the opponent might switch, use Thunderwave. Then your Thunderbolt will be before their Surf.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok I think I hit the jackpot on this one.

Image@Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
Modest Nature.
Super Power-Swagger-psyche up-Iron Defense

Swagger your opponent than psyche up. Use super power once or twice than Iron defense, Swagger, psyche up, Super Power, and repeat. I went with Defense Deoxys so it doesn't get KO'd when its defense gets too low

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Feraligatr: I think it might be okay. I do doubt it though. With the extra Speed, you won't be able to pull off a SubPunch as well, and no defensive part to it. If you have EVs in HP, that barely helps any. If they attack you with Electric or Grass, it's just going to get you anyway. I suppose worth a test though.

Noctowl: Just not powerful or quick enough to pull off that set, I would think. Mud Slap would do practically nothing to Electric's anyway. No.

Deoxys: Even though it still has awesome defenses, if you Swagger them before Iron Defense, you're just helping them. Totally useless against Ghosts, who'd benefit from Swagger and then murder it. It also has a whole in the Special Defense. You've also got the Nature wrong. It should be Careful. Basically though, Toxic-ers, Poisons, Ghosts, etc. could easily take care of this. Not sure where to go on it, although I'm leaning towards no.

I've my own ideas, too, but I'm just formulating them now. I might edit one in along with the next results.

Edit:

Bad news: Volbeat can't learn both Silver Wind and Trick on the same set. Invalid Egg moves. :(

A set of mine:

{slowbro} @ Leftovers
Timid / Own Tempo
EVs: 129 Defense; 129 HP; 252 Speed
- Counter
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Psychic

Simple strategy really. I know it might be pushing the Creative thing a little too much, too, as it's Counter there instead of Flamethrower of the Standard. But it is a different strategy. It could also work as:

{slowbro} @ Leftovers
Timid / Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP; 129 Speed; 129 Spec. A.
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Surf

Same thing with the low HP problems, though. If that becomes an obstacle, replace Psychic with Rest. (The first that is)

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry, I couldn't test mmmj's Ludicolo. I couldn't get connected to Netbattle. :( As for the Volbeat, was that SilverWind or SignalBeam? I think I had it on SignalBeam... If I can, I'll test out your Slowbro tomorrow too.

PS. Why aren't they Slowking? Just curious.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh... sorry. I misread Signal Beam for Silver Wind. :P I guess I still have to test it.

The reason why it's Slowbro is because it's Defense is better than Slowking, as Counter is the main strategy. Slowking's the opposite with higher Spec. Def.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:57 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm fine with the Feraligatr, so do test it. I'm leaning towards a no for the Deoxys as well, but I think it might be worth some testing, albeit with tweaking in EVs, Natures and such.

Slowbro... Well, kinda standard indeed, because the main strategy is still to special sweep, with Counter as an alternative strategy :?

I'll wait for Skytune's comment ;[

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, I finally got back onto Netbattle. MMMJ's Ludicolo did alright. The problem was that when I used SunnyDay, the opponent either switched to a flying/dragon/bug/poison/etc. type, or just went to a fire type, and usually with FlashFire as an ability. That made FirePunch worthless, and SolarBeam didn't do enough damage. Synthesis didn't work, as Ludicolo wasn't fast enough to use it in time. Sorry, but it just didn't work very well. :(

sNOw or tiger10x, could you send me a copy of the rating system? I'll get the official record of this guy taken care of.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Giga drain
Sunny day
Solarbeam
Razorleaf
Gyarados:
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Surf
Dragon Rage

I am using my Sunny Day Combo and Rain Dance Combo.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:30 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

ShinyVenusaur, you might want to check out the Creative Movesets Hall of Fame & Rules, especially the section called "Before You Post". This thread isn't just for any movesets that you think are effective; they have to be creative as well :?

Your sets aren't too effective. Venusaur has three Grass type moves, Giga Drain, Solarbeam and Razor Leaf. On the other hand, your Gyarados has two Water type moves. The strategies involved are also rather standard: sweeping. I'm afraid you'd have to try harder than that to get a moveset into the Hall of Fame :/

Try again, and good luck :wink:

Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{slowbro} @ Leftovers
Timid / Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP; 129 Speed; 129 Spec. A.
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Surf

Same thing with the low HP problems, though. If that becomes an obstacle, replace Psychic with Rest. (The first that is)

I've used this in my Summer Freedom team (UU) and it did absolutely wonders. Once you gave away the fact that you have Counter, they really can't do much about it, because you just can rest and Amnesia away. STAB surf will hurt many things not named Mantine and other absorbers. I would say put some EV's into defense since when you rest , even Golem can come in and EQ you to death. That's why I used this in combo with Meganium/Vileplume. This set needs some support, but it does work.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:01 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Okay, Volbeat results. NetBattle had more Server Registry down-time, so I couldn't get on for a few days.

Didn't do too well. It worked quite rarely, as some Swagger-Psychs do. I got to Psych Up a few Jasks and even got one to use Sub after it was CBed. :P A major problem was the CB itself though. I was forced to used Trick to get it off, and that did you leave open anyway. And the fact that they get to hit you harder doesn't help either. Nope, just not good enough.

And the Slowbro. Just change the Nature to Bold or switch the EVs from 129 Speed to 129 Def.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:15 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Er, that is your Slowbro set, tiger, and Cless was commenting on it. I didn't find that set creative enough, so I'm waiting for Skytune's opinion :P

Once again, updated the Test List by removing the Volbeat :cry:

Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's alright about the Volbeat. I was just selecting random pokemon and trying to think creativly. On the Slowbro, I think it is different enough to be rated. It only shares one move in common with the standard set, has an entirely different nature, and a different emphasis on the EVs. I think it's creative enough to be rated.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:45 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Alright, test the second Slowbro moveset then, Skytune; the one that Cless quoted. *Updates the Test List*

Edit:

I thought of an alternative moveset for Umbreon, different from the standard, and hopefully different enough from the set already in the Hall of Fame, but I'm not sure how effective it might be, or even how creative it is :?

Umbreon @ Lefties | Synchronize | Impish Nature
EVs: 252 Def 129 Sp Def 129 Spd
Swagger - Screech - Mean Look - Rest/Wish

Woah, no offensive moves. Trap the foe so he can't switch out from Swagger, and then Screech away.

Heh, this set looks worse typed out than imagined in my mind :?

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, I knew that was my Slowbro he commented on. I just remarked briefly how to change its Defense, like Cless said.

For Umbreon, I think it should be creative enough. I'm not quite sure it'll do well though, as once they snap out of confusion, you're as good as gone. I'd also go with Rest, too, because if they're confused, they might not get to attack you, which is better protection for Rest. You gave it 129 Attack EVs though, by accident I hope, so that should be either HP or Spec. Def. Bold lowers Attack as well instead of Impish lowering Spec. Attack, so I'll switch that, too. I'll test it and mess around with the EVs and Nature if it doesn't work well enough.

I have another idea, a slightly different idea of Dunsparce. I searched through previous Dunsparces in this topic and some got quite close to it, but not the full idea.

{dunsparce} @ King's Rock
Modest / Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def. 129 Speed; 129 HP
- Calm Mind
- Bite
- Water Pulse
- Thunder Wave

The reason why I think this is more creative than it may look is that practically all Haxsparces are Physical, even though Dunsparce can learn Calm Mind and only has 5 Base Sp. A. less than Attack. You could also switch the Item for Scope Lens if you prefer more damage. Paralyze, Confuse, Calm Mind up, and Flinch. I would think that most people would switch once they see a Dunsparce, however, so it probably won't do too well.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I thought of an alternative moveset for Umbreon, different from the standard, and hopefully different enough from the set already in the Hall of Fame, but I'm not sure how effective it might be, or even how creative it is :?

Umbreon @ Lefties | Synchronize | Impish Nature
EVs: 252 Def 129 Atk 129 Spd
Swagger - Screech - Mean Look - Rest/Wish

Woah, no offensive moves. Trap the foe so he can't switch out from Swagger, and then Screech away.

Heh, this set looks worse typed out than imagined in my mind :?

I'm not so sure it'd work that good, I've gone up against a set similar to that in Stadium 2.

If you Confuse with Swagger most people will switch, and due to Umbreon's Speed being like 200 max, they'll basically get a free turn to hit you after they switch in. And if you start with Mean look, they'll get a turn to hit you too (Perhaps even with a Sleep or another move, though it'd also hit them due to Synchronize.)

I also got beaten badly by a Milotic in Colosseum, though we aren't allowed to use Movesets from those games even if they are Creative, right?

Anyway the moveset was,

{milotic} @ Leftovers/Quick Claw
Calm or Careful Nature (+Def/ Sp. Def, - Sp. Atk)
EVs - 252 Special Defense, 128 (or whatever the half max EV is) Defense and 128 Speed/HP.

Toxic
Confuse Ray
Wrap
Recover

This one was a huge pain, since it's defenses are really high, even if you hit it with a T-Bolt it would only take away around a Fourth of it's max health. Start with Confuse Ray and then Wrap, even if they switch Wrap will trap the new one. Toxic is to cause most of the Damage and Recover if there to restore Health.

I really had trouble going up against this one.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 58  Next