+Great Attack
+Creative Flail
+Good Spcl Defense and Attack
+Can pull off an ok Curse

Cons
-Low Defense and speed
-some-what Limited move pool

Flareon
Flareon tends to be ignored a lot due to its low stats and limited movepool but what a lot of people don

[13:57] <jordanw> mine is 4897 4813 7695
[13:57] <Gabe_> Mine is ***-***-**** :D
[13:57] <Gabe_> :| oops wrong number

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Flareon is REALLY hard to work in due to its Water, Rock, and Ground Weakness...however. With Vappy/Lapras + Flygon/Claydol support..this thing can eventually save the day.

Also, CB Flareon isn't something to just toss to the wind.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Flareon is REALLY hard to work in due to its Water, Rock, and Ground Weakness...however. With Vappy/Lapras + Flygon/Claydol support..this thing can eventually save the day.

Also, CB Flareon isn't something to just toss to the wind.

yes that is a good point but its speed and defense is something thats going hurt the set

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's ignored becuase it's the least valuable of the Eevolutions. Vaporeon is almost unbeatable to anything that isn't super effective against it, Espeon is a sp. sweeper, jolteon is a speed demon, and Umbreon is...well, Umbreon.

Flareon is the physical sweeper of the Eevolutions. Unfortunately, its best physical moves are Iron Tail, Return/Frustration, Shadow Ball, and a good HP type. Seriously, it can't even learn Aerial Ace. What kind of P. sweeper can't know Aerial Ace? Even Dugtrios can learn Aerial Ace and that doesn't even make sense.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's ignored becuase it's the least valuable of the Eevolutions. Vaporeon is almost unbeatable to anything that isn't super effective against it, Espeon is a sp. sweeper, jolteon is a speed demon, and Umbreon is...well, Umbreon.

Flareon is the physical sweeper of the Eevolutions. Unfortunately, its best physical moves are Iron Tail, Return/Frustration, Shadow Ball, and a good HP type. Seriously, it can't even learn Aerial Ace. What kind of P. sweeper can't know Aerial Ace? Even Dugtrios can learn Aerial Ace and that doesn't even make sense.

{umbreon} is a tank.
I agree, {flareon} is meant for sweeping, yet it makes a terrible job out of it.
so lets hope the D/P generation help this guy ({flareon}) out.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There are a lot of pokemon D/P needs to do justice to. I'd go into this more, but this is a thread for flareon discussions.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Flareon indeed needs some help with its moveset, as well as about half the other Fire Types.

In honesty, with Parasupport(which I've determined is a must in UU/BL), this guy can be just as feared as Trapinch.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Flareon @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 68 HP / 15 Atk / 251 Def / 176 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Curse
- Return
- Shadow Ball

I think, it is the best option. Flareon doesn't need fire type attacks because its Special attack is quite low. flareon has good attack so you should go with normal type attacks.
My moveset for Flareon:
-Curse
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Baton Pass or Protect
Better don't use as weak attack as Quick Attack. They are weak so better use something stronger.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Flareon @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 68 HP / 15 Atk / 251 Def / 176 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Curse
- Return
- Shadow Ball

I think, it is the best option. Flareon doesn't need fire type attacks because its Special attack is quite low. flareon has good attack so you should go with normal type attacks.
My moveset for Flareon:
-Curse
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Baton Pass or Protect
Better don't use as weak attack as Quick Attack. They are weak so better use something stronger.

I see what you mean but with Curse Everything goes faster than you. now lets say you return a heracross and it endured. now it has salac boost and it can reversal its way to a win. Quick Attack ends that right there ending that once and for all so the opponent cannot attack.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:35 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Flareon doesn't need fire type attacks because its Special attack is quite low.

Base 95 is nowhere near low. Nobody except Ninjask uses Protect and Baton Passing Curse with Flareon sucks. First of all, you need White Herb on whoever you're Passing to, or the receiving Pokemon will eat that -(whatever) Speed mod. Second of all, Flareon will probably die before it can fully Curse up because it's weak to two of the most common attacks in the game, Surf and Earthquake. Therefore, Overheat can be used as an accpetable fourth move on Flareon; 95 base SA + STAB gives it one really good shot.

Baby Lapras wrote:

Curse/Quick Attack is also an acceptable combo for the reasons Geno already described. QA alone is a decent choice because Flareon is slow and it will knock out the Endure/Salac/sweepers out there such as Heracross before they can own the rest of the game. Besides, Flareon's movepool is shallow enough that he can use the QA/Curse combo in lack of anything better. He's supposed to be a Physical Sweeper but he doesn't get Physical moves besides Return, Shadow Ball, and HP. I guess with Overheat, that can kind of work in UU, but the defense and speed also hurt him overall.

Still looks badass, though, I don't think that our current Flareon icon does its badassness justice. It's just too bad Flareon is the least useful of the Eevee family, (besides Eevee itself, of course); it's probably my personal FAVORITE of the family.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In the first instance, Flareon does not have low stats. Its stats are equal to that of the other Eeveelutions, they are simply distributed differently. Flareon is the Dexoys-E of the Eeveelutions, it has the same stat TOTAL as its fellow Eeveelutions but the distribution is lackluster compared to its kin.

Observe:

HP: 65
Attack: 130
Defense: 60
Speed: 65
SA: 95
SD: 110

CB Flareon works fine with either Fire Blast or Overheat as the 4th move. Nobody likes eating 95 Base STAB Overheat unless they have Flash Fire or Fire resist.

Flareon is weak to Surf, but otherwise with Wish it makes a decent special sponge, and it can also Wishpass with that less than perfect speed.

HP Fighting and Shadow Ball can score a nuetral hit on everything, and STAB Flamethrower is never a bad option.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:22 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

In my opinion flareon lacks the speed to be like most good physical sweepers. If I used him it would be because of the Overheat + Physical attack set. But there are pokemon that can do thi much better, such as {arcanine} or {blaziken} .

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]