will pokemon EVER end 

will pokemon EVER end
Yes 54%  54%  [ 13 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 24

will pokemon EVER end 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think instead of adding new pokemon, they'll change the plot, characters, and interface.

Im pretty tired of the "young boy who sets sails on becoming a pokemon master, and his rival lives right next door. Then as he's getting these badges, he discovers a huge evil conspiracy, and single handly takes them down, just so that damn guy in the road will move. He then goes on to be the first one to EVER go 10 minutes inside of a cave and discover (insert legendary). It then ends with him saving the universe, and being one of the first trainers to ever beat the Elite Four."

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, the storyline is getting a bit played. Maybe someday your character won't be a ten-year-old either. It makes teenagers/older players feel dumb playing it. I'M NOT TEN DARN IT! :mad:

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lol, yea thats how i felt when i found out that im only 4'8" and weigh 83lbs.

Sounds like the average hero to me.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They shouldn't stop until they make eevee evolutions for the remaining types. I would love to see eevee's of every type. There are also lots of Dinosaurs that haven't been made to pokemon that we can have.

They do need to spice up the story lines a bit. Something like Colosseum and X D: Gale of Darkness. They really gave a kick to the Pokemon series. They would have to keep the league battles with the badges and all, but make them different and challanging like the PBR Colosseums.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

personaaly i dont really know whether pokemon will ever end because it depends on the people making the pokemon names, and the games and the attacks.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:33 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

The other day I was playing silver version, and after battling a pokemon my aerodactyl gained 666 exp points.. and I was like woah....I dont think Ive ever seen that number in a pokemon game... and it got me thinking.... Game Freak and the people that make Pokemon games purposely try to keep that number out of the game (for obvious reasons).. the programmers/producers try their hardest to make sure that no that no stat or exp gained (including the exp beeing directly divided by 2-6 pokemon and directly multiplied by boosts) and all other numbers in the game will ever be 666. The way that my aerodactyl got that many exp points was that I was battling a trainer owned garveler lvl. 31 which gives out 888 exp points. I happened to use two pokemon to fight it so that would divide it into 444...BUT my aerodactyl I got through trade so it had the 1.5X exp boost and 444x1.5 = 666.

Back to the topic and my point... Game Freak will probably never make a pokemon with the number 666 and well, they cant skip a number cause people would clue in... so they will probably end pokemon before that number (probably not too close to it or it would be a little obvious).. Each new generation comes with about 100 new pokemon, and well when generation 5 comes out with lets say 107 pokemon that would bring the count to an even 600. Now after this thy cant release a 6th generation with just 50 or so pokemon, that would probably anger players... so that will be the end.... (of the RPG games at least, there still might be stuff like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon and XD, Colosseum, Revolution etc.) Maybe for generation 5 theyll release about 150 new pokemon, you know start it with 150 and end it with 150, that would bring the total to about 650 and there would be nothing weird about

So to sum up, as I see it, generatiion 5 will be last for Pokemon RPGs (unless NIntendo becomes cheap and makes a new game with a new region/gyms but no new pokemon..better not happen)

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

But look at how many final fantasy games there are. I lost count at 13. But they've done that game some times, including rehashes, handhelds, and sequels.

It seems like that game is still as popular is as ever, so i don't see pokemon ending any time soon.

My Shinies: {victreebel} {chikorita} {ralts} {bellossom} {slakoth} {shedinja} {meditite} {cacturne} {deoxys} {shinx} PM Me Anytime For Trades

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This topic has been locked once, I am not sure why the same author would do this again. sN0wBaLL locked it calling it a "cloned" topic and gace the link to the original one...

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This topic has been locked once, I am not sure why the same author would do this again. sN0wBaLL locked it calling it a "cloned" topic and gace the link to the original one...

I think this is the correct one. The author made 2, one without the poll, and the one that was locked was the one without the poll.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2