It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 THE ADEVNTURES OF TOTODILE! Psyches teaches how not to write 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MIND THE SPELLING MISTAKES I'M IN A HURRY

THE ADVENTURES OF TOTODILE

Totodile was the next pokemon to be selected by an illetrate FOOL and used in a poorly written and disgustingly monotnous fan fiction. The little blue pokemon seemed to sense that some stupid IDIOT was writing a story about him and already the pokemon's heart was sinking. Totodile sighed as it looked at the pimply faced LOSER filling his story with utter garbage.

It seemed the writer of this extremely amateur story was deluded enough to think that people were viewing the fan fiction out of entertainment and appreciation for the artwork but this, however was clearly not the case.

Totodile watched as peopel came to view the story written about him and laughed at the sickeningly low standard of grammar, the vile use of monotony and the overuse of exclamation marks and rare pokemon. The story was ridiculously unbelievable and poorly spelt. Totodile started to cry, knowing that he had now been tarnsihed forever by anyone who read this emabrassment of a fan fiction that made he and everyone else starring in it look like pokemon of three year olds.

Finally, Totodile could bear it no longer. As the fan fiction continued to grow in views, the little pokemon made a decision. The only people looking at the fiction were those that were laughing at the pathetic juvenille writing style. The only comments were those from other juvenille underachievers or from alternate accounts the STUPID writer had made.

Totodile made a quick phone call, speaking to a Meowth at the other end of the line who understood his launguage and relayed it to the humans.

It was then, as the DUMB writer of "THE ADVENTURES OF TOTODILE!!!!!!!!! READ IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" went to add his next chapter depicting the end of the Universe because a Magikarp looked at a Goldeen twelve times on a Tuesday and then exploded into a giant cheesecake that sat on the Universe and ended all life that psypokes went offline.

An announcement boomed...

"We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are experiencing technical difficulties... Moreso, we are experincing no technique whatsoever. Until users start to write with grammar, punctuation, continuity, actual plot, relative theme and simply don't write bad stories, psypokes will be offline. This way we will save our reputation from being tarnished by your stupid, ridiculous, three-year-old story which in all honesty should have been deemed a pile of excrement long ago and deleted. Whilst your enthusiasm is noted, it has never been appreciated. You are an idiot. A bogan idiot. Please die..."

Totodile smiled along with Mudkip and Torchic, both having escaped the same fate. Finally, they were free...

IF ONLY THIS WERE A TRUE STORY

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Last edited by Psyches on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 pm
Okay I read it. Do you plan on making more of that story? It's awesome! Try not to cause cursing about my favorite pokemon {totodile} it makes my blood boil! :evil:
Oh it's a parody! my bad

Last edited by Totodil13 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Bravo! I love it Psyches, the perfect parody. This warms my soul.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
OMG I can't stop laughing! Crimson's right; the perfect parody.

My favorite part wrote:
"We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are experiencing technical difficulties... Moreso, we are experincing no technique whatsoever. Until users start to write with grammar, punctuation, continuity, actual plot, relative theme and simply don't write bad stories, psypokes will be offline. This way we will save our reputation from being tarnished by your stupid, ridiculous, three-year-old story which in all honesty should have been deemed a pile of excrement long ago and deleted. Whilst your enthusiasm is noted, it has never been appreciated. You are an idiot. A bogan idiot. Please die..."

^^^^ That looks like something I would see in the Hitch Hiker's guide to the Galaxy series. *applauds*

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I second that, thanks again psyches.
8D

Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Let's lol, but... when was Torchic in this horrible fate?

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Totodile smiled along with Mudkip and Torchic, both having escaped the same fate.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, i keed i keed

Loved it. :p

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow, I lol´d pretty hard while reading this, it just makes a perfect parody for one of the most popular stories around here. Congrats Psyches, 10/10!! :lol:

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I recall ages ago seeing a Torchic abomination of the same name and was delighted when it ended. Unfortunately Mudkip (Which is one of my favourites) is still being abused grossly.

Hopefully the author will either...

A) Be banned from the fan fiction section for having so skill whatsoever.
B) Be discouraged enough from finally having a story made to point out that they and their story are a laughing stock and thus stop writing.

Seriously, the story in question really aggrevates me. It's not a story, it's not funny, it's not even a joke anymore, it's just there. Like a piece of poo that no one has ever bothered to wipe off the floor.

Last edited by Psyches on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I whole agree, it's popular not good. There's a drastic difference that people need to learn. I wish it'd be locked, it's an embarassement to all of the decent stories our forum had. It doesn't even deserve being called a story.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I never bothered to look at that fanfiction. I did just now.

And things are apparently starting to get slightly out of control.

At first I thought it would be a good idea to let it be just to set as an example of what you shouldn't do.

But yeah, I should lock before things start to get worse.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
I found Mudkip's adventure very entertaining before it started to die, I don't know why people hate it so much.

As for this story I think I would like it if it didn't give me the impression of a thinly veiled insult at another writer put into story form.

Voting for him to be killed also has me leaning toward the possibility that this is a giant piece of flame.

If it isn't supposed to be then please say so.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The reason most of us hate The Adventures of Mudkip so much is that it's practically an insult to good stories and writers who work hard to improve. There are so many issues with it that most readers and the author just brush off and that irritates the rest of us to no end. It is a parody off of The Adventures of Mudkip, so I suppose you could consider it an insult. But, it's warranted. Think about it, would you want some slap-shod poet or essayist start posting there work and they become praised for 3 minute work as if it's a masterpiece (even though it's horrible) when you, possibly, put hours into your latest poem/essay? It's very disscouraging even if you're writing for yourself. Everyone wants to get comments (good or bad) even if it's not their first priority. It's kind of like, "All that time and effort was wasted; I didn't need to work so hard on it." And that's not a view I, and I'm sure most people, strive for.

Last edited by Crimson on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
Ah, thank you for explaining it Crimson. Your right, that's very discouraging. But he was still writing a good comedy story, I agree that he should have put more time and effort into it but that's not reason enough, in my view, to create an entire story flaming and nay-threatening him*. I'm also sure he didn't mean to insult you good hard-working writers.

*Under the possibility that this thread was made for that purpose.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This too.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ah, thank you for explaining it Crimson. Your right, that's very discouraging. But he was still writing a good comedy story, I agree that he should have put more time and effort into it but that's not reason enough, in my view, to create an entire story flaming and nay-threatening him*p. I'm also sure he didn't mean to insult you good hard-working writers.

*Under the possibility that this thread was made for that purpose.

It's not just the fact that it's not had any time or effort put into it, it's that when people have attempted to critique the story and point out why good writers (like Psyches and Crimson) take such a disliking to it, he dismisses it and continues with ever more randomness and over punctualisation (hooray for making up words.)

So, I think this is completely warranted, and hilariously written. And if it seems like it was an attempted flame, then I'm sure the two mods that have posted in this topic would have locked it. ;)

And I've just noticed I didn't actually post in this topic when I first read it. One word: Hilarious. And brilliant. Yes, it deserves three words. :P Perhaps there should be a 'Parody Thread...' :P

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You are more than free to write funny stories and parodies without needing to include things like the following:

"and then there was a pack of {rayquaza} {magikarp} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking} {seaking}"

"and so he dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

"and his face looked like :D :) :( :o :lol: 8-) :? :shock:"

and other annoyiances like no paragraphs, no spaces and no capital letters.

A fiction can be entertaining with a good structure, you don't have to ruin it with that garbage. A story is not just being this or that, structure counts a lot. That's also what we're trying to work on.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Definitely, that sort of thing isn't funny. Once again, popularity is just how many people are willing to accept the work, not how good (quality wise) it is in reality. The thing I find most disturbing is the large amount of people willing to do that, people read real books, good ones like The Giver or The Westing Game. They're short fast reads, so even the people who never read can get through them.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dear milk of a milktank (x3), The adventure of mudkip stung my eyes. Makes me also wonder who would make such a fool out of himself like that?
-shrugs- it takes me days to improve my story, To Get it exactly i think my readers would want it. Then that? o_o Thank god it has been locked..

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I like the adventures of Mudkip.

This too.

I no longer like the Adventures of Mudkip. This world doesn't need another parody - parodies on Pokemon make me sick.
I didn't even want to bother reading past the first sentence. Seeing the title and the startoff wants to make me vomit.
You don't like my opinions, that is your problem, not mine.

- DNA

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sad. Nobody even bothered to tell me earlier that my ff was dropping.

Well, now what happens in this fic?

Pokemon Diamond:
Name: Quincy
FC: 4553-8854-9459

The Rating Centre CAN'T be dead... can it??

Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Now that your stupid fanfic has been stopped this story has a happy ending.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Now that this fic has ended thanks to me, what are you going to do with your failed life?

Pokemon Diamond:
Name: Quincy
FC: 4553-8854-9459

The Rating Centre CAN'T be dead... can it??

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next