It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Meadow's End 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"It" is used for animals and inanimate objects. However, if the book is about an animal, they usually refer to other animals as "he" and "she".

Last edited by Thunder_dude7 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It was a joke. You forgot to capitalize the first letter in your sentences by the way.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes you did, end of discussion.

Thank you. :/

Good job on your fic, elite. I think everyone noticed you've improved. Keep it up. ;)

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Look at the post. I didn't

Stop spamming this thread. >:O

I like it, it's a good change from The Adventures of Mudkip. It has a good flow to it, nice work.

7/10. :)

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've been away for a while, since there's so many posts, the bottom preview doesn't have my 2nd Part in it and I'm having trouble writing Part 3. :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 3

As the Budew frantically began apologizing and running around in discontent, Turtwig continued watching the strange spikes jutting from the Budew's bud. It seemed to remind him of one of the Elders... Roserade! But what did this pawn-like Pokémon have to do with Elder Roserade?

While he pondered about his realization, Elder Whiscash was thumping himself to the usual meeting spot. Having spotted him, Flygon and Roserade promptly arrived. After hearing him out, Flygon concluded that, "there seems to be more than one Pokémon with the potential to evolve."

"Another me...", said Roserade dreamily. Flygon was about to shoot Roserade a look when he caught glimpse of Whiscash suddenly frowning. All knew that when Whiscash suddenly frowned from smiling, it meant he had discovered something bad.

Suddenly Whiscash strategically threw himself into Roserade, knocking both of them on to Flygon's tail. All having developed some sort of extra-sensory powers to each other in case of drastic action for the meadow, Flygon sweeped them onto his back and hovered up just in time. The Elders were under attack!

Pokemon Diamond:
Name: Quincy
FC: 4553-8854-9459

The Rating Centre CAN'T be dead... can it??

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 4

Flygon watched the Infernape land on the ground in their wake, his body creating a multitude of sparks. The grass caught fire, and a torrent of flame and chaos began. Rapidash and Flareon rushed around smoke erupting in their wake. Soot blew everywhere as the meadow burned down.

The air rapidly heated, but not for long, as Flygon swooped downing, fanning the air away from the Meadow's inhabitants. As he did this dust rapidly built up, allowing the Pokémon to hide from the preadators. The Fire Pokémon reeled in pain as Roserade rapidly sniped them with poisonus thorns.

Meanwhile, Turtwig had already encountered the attackers before they went for the Elders, and was wrestling with a Numel. Seeing the leaf on Turtwig's head the Numel wisped a few embers at Turtwig, knocking him away. Before Turtwig could retaliate, however, he was butted by Grovyle, who was pursuing the Charizard making away with a Pokémon. The opposing Numel almost rocketed away Turtwig, but the bold Budew blasted the Numel with a rapid sucking of fluids. The Numel, so surprised that the Budew even knew how to attack, fell down in a submitting stance.

Suddenly the rapid dust cloud came towards them. Seeking for companionship and looking up to them for their courage, many Pokémon scurried over and cuddled with them. Altogether, snuggling in a slight indent in the ground, they huddled through Flygon's attempts to drive away the intruders. Numel, seeing the brilliant hospitality to the needy in their wonderous land, went over to them to wait the storm out with them. Together they all knew they'd be alright.

Pokemon Diamond:

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Triple-posting... pseudo-necromancing... at least no writer's block! :)
And checking my work besides after I post it is still something to get use to. >:)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Fire Pokémon steadily receded as they retreated back into the rougher and remote regions of the meadow. Pokémon cried with joy and relief as the Elders descended back onto the charred grasses, more-or-less alive. Flygon then soared into the skies once again to catch up with Grovyle and rescue Charizard's captive. Whiscash and Roserade soon started consoling the startled survivors, and soon they began restoring their homes.

Turtwig noticed that Numel had been huddling with them while they were waiting out the sandstorm. Seeing Numel's guilty expression and recognizing his brave resolve, Turtwig walked over to him, and headbopped him in a playful greeting. The other Pokémon's uncertainties faded away, and they all befriended their previous adversary, with Numel shying away with joy and embarassment.

It took a little bit of adjustment, but the Grass Pokémon and the two Elders left got use to Numel milling around the meadow. After much searching and failed persuasion from Turtwig and Budew, Numel decided to live near the delta of Whiscash. A soft groove of sand and dirt cushioned by reeds made it the home of Whiscash's new "mudmate".

The aerial chase ensued. Flygon pursuited the fleeing Charizard, with Grovyle innumerably trying to glide and snag the captured Pokémon from Flygon's back. Tiring, the Charizard slammed onto the ground, allowing Flygon to zip forward from momentumn and it to lumber another way. Feeling an oozing, exhausted feeling in its captive-holding hand it decided it would try to save energy on the way.

Charizard never noticed the spores nor the tokucaso mushrooms leeching vitality from in the claw sockets. Nor did it notice that the captive's mushrooms were beginning to fuse...

Pokemon Diamond:

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Great... my 4th entry in a row.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PART 6

The tiny Paras felt sensations of mental conflict as the mushroom parasite took over it. Its mind wanted to make friends with the Charizard as all Pokémon should to each other, while its parasitic opponent desired simple destruction for safety. Finally after a frenziful struggle, the Paras' mind was suppressed and the Parasect watched the spores suck vitality from their new host.

Charizard reeled as blood slowly dripped from where his skin met other organs. Roots dug into his flesh, slowly unearthing what felt like his claws and his... somewhere he didn't want to know. Roaring and writhing Charizard slammed down on the ground in defeat, its cyan but slowly bloodshot eyes beginning to cloud over.

At that moment, Paras' mind ripped through its controller's sadistic thoughts. Out of pure will Paras came and started yanking the now-mushrooms out of Charizard's skin, and accumulated them on itself. Charizard, even with his veined cataracts, saw the valorous deed his captive had just done. As Charizard slowly recovered, the Parasect slowly broke down back into its cruel intentions. He knew it was risky, but it was worth a try.

Closing his eyes in fright Charizard impaled the tumorous tokuchaso mushroom's, what seemed to be a pulsing centre.

Paras immediately snapped back into control, hopefully permanently. Watching Charizard incinerate the evil fungi he trooped behind the Charizard and clambered in front of his line of sight.

"I'm sorry I did that...", Paras said dejectedly, but Charizard's alto reply raised his spirits.

"You are also brave, both for that... leeching technique, as well as being bold enough to free me of it." He said that devoid of plain flattery. "Your land and its people seems... desirable. If I could make an accomadation there?"

His bold question pounded on Paras' now mushroom-free head.

"Why not?" he replied with a welcoming grin. In a swift movement Paras was bounced onto Charizard's head as he joyfully began soaring back to his new home-to-be.

Roserade was [obviously] a little reluctant, but all agreed that there was aplenty of room for their now-second Fire-type resident. Charizard would sleep in some of the grassland expanses near Flygon. After all, who would care about an imposing repitilian dragon with bat-like wings and a flaming tail in their peaceful meadow?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that sums up part 6! The ending ties into the next part, something about the *COUGHHUCKWHERETHEFIREPOKEMONLIVEKOFFKOFFWHEEZ*, but you'll have to see next time.

And please review and rate! Thanks for reading and R+R!

Pokemon Diamond:

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dead in 4 days! :frustrated:

If I'm motivated enough I'll edit in the next chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 7

Pokémon hustled in and out of the craggy terrain. Dust was kicked everywhere as the Fire Pokémon sprinted about on their ignited energy. The clouds were nothing but dust and smoke but they occasionally provided sufficient cover from the Sun's overheating rays.

Today was especially busy, with Infernape's failed attempt to seize the Meadow and two of their agents having switched sides in return for a supposedly more hospitable home. Infernape looked down on the ground of the cleft he was sitting on, observing the numerous plans he had scratched into the sediment. Speaking of ground he observed his few recons trying to make allegiance to their rocky neighbours, the Rock, Ground, and some Steel Pokémon. He was determined to seize the meadow's property and -- His higher-ups hadn't really told him that much, little more than a accept or die command. He shuddered, remembering the intimidating stature of his bosses, their raw power, their evil terrorfulness.

Quote:

"Seize the meadow, Infernape.", his first boss had ferally growled.

"Their power cannot be unleashed.", said his high-perched second boss.

"Now.", stated his landlocked third boss.

Then all went black as Infernape was thrown into a vision of incomprehensible oblivion.

The three strict statements of his vague bosses vibrated through his head. The Meadow was very strong, much stronger than their calm natures showed, and their Elders even more so. And then there were the little menaces that convinced two of their numbers to join the supposedly more comfortable territories. Who would prefer mere trees and delta to yellow-hot lava and ragged ground?

He knew that his bosses would not tolerate him giving up. Standing up, he swung off the edge of his cleft and sprinted off towards the recons.

Pokemon Diamond:

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this is really, reeeeally old, i say... Anyway, i think it would be better if someone please lock it, since this topic doesn't seem to be alive. Anyways, If you still coming here elite, good job, even without a finish to the story, i liked what i read. Very better than the good-on-start-weird-at-the-finish adventures of mudkip. It's definitively an improve. 9.9|10 (I would give 10|10 if it had a finish).

Sat May 10, 2008 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Don't let it die its really good! but i agree Afonso, they should just lock it.

Sun May 11, 2008 12:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

While Necromancy is against the rules, it's kind of hard to avoid in the FanFic forum. So, I don't think too many have an issue with it here, that's why you hardly see any locked threads.

Sun May 11, 2008 12:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't know about necromancy, but if i had ways to do it i would like to do some pyromancy in this topic... The story was so good... I wish he continue, but i don't think he will...

Mon May 12, 2008 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I couldn't tell you if he is going to finish it or not. Some stories fade away before the author suddenly posts a new chapter after months and months of inactivity. That's partially why people don't get overly upset if old threads are suddenly have a new post in this forum.

Mon May 12, 2008 4:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, I haven't seen other people's posts here for a while! :lol:
I only kinda write for people to read and enjoy or boo it (as well as enjoying it myself), so... hmm...

-------------------------------------------

PART 8

"Hurry!"

Seconds later, two Sunkern came back carrying a smoldering third Sunkern on their leaves. This had been the third surprise attack of the week, and they had always been without warning and without trace. The Elders discussed what they had seen, primarily toed tracks, flames and the occasional monkey. The mood got darker when they saw the latest victim of the Fire Pokémon's attacks.

"..........I'm scared." said Roserade. The other Elders understandingly sagged a bit more as they tried to revive the scorched Pokémon. There was no sign of life in the Sunkern's eyes but the diminishing ashes of a soul once there.

Turtwig and Budew watched from afar, a gentle breeze bringing the slightest smell of ash. Budew sneezed, and instead of releasing regular yellow pollen, it was red and blue, and at least from Turtwig's perspective, pretty big! The small but visible puffs danced around them lazily, some of them catching onto the small twigs on Turtwig's back. The puffs flew over to the Elder's site, and only Whiscash acknowledged thief with a hollow yet warming smile only one who had endured pain throughout their life and masked it deep within from others could give.

Speaking of Turtwig's twigs, they seemed to growing slightly larger all the time. Other Pokémon thought it unusual; the Elders only smiled the best they could in these grim times. Budew's strange bud-spikes also grew larger, though now they were softer and a bit less intense in tint. Budew was also somewhat noticeably larger than other Budews, approaching Elder Roserade in size. It still retained its habit of bumping into other Pokémon, and with its new crown-like development this proved enjoyably common.

Looking back only once to find his view obsured by his twigs, Turtwig turned around and descended the hill. Budew timidly followed it, teetering back and forth out of an attempt on balance. It was getting dark anyway, and the comfy grasses were growing.

Pokemon Diamond:

Last edited by elite42 on Fri May 16, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 13, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yay for updates!

hope u continue to post and not let this die

Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my idea was good! I pmed him asking to continue. :mrgreen:

Well Done, elite! It's really good!

EDIT: er... HEY!!! Don' forget writing it!! You revived! Now let it live!

Wed May 14, 2008 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry Afonso... didn't have enough time to write these days. Hope for the best.

PART 9

Whirrrrr.... CRACK! A boomerang-like leaf whizzed and cut right through the tree banch.

Turtwig watched the branch fall with triumph. This had been his third direct hit. He wondered when their training might come in handy, as he prepared to sling another leaf. Budew had been creating leaves as well, yet its were shiny and moved quite a bit slower. They had the special side-effect of homing in which, Turtwig found highly valuable, and Budew quite useful.

They had begun training the day right after they had seen the Sunkern incident, away from other villagers as not to harm them with their undeveloped skills. Turtwig and Budew were managing accuracy well enough, even managing to pluck some tasty apples off the small tree they targeted.

Naturally, the Elders and Charizard eventually caught them in training. The Elders kept it to themselves; Charizard joined in and, with Numel, made unfortunately quick work of the training arbor. From then on, they decided they'd need to work on another aspect of the battle ahead.

Infernape watched the four Pokémon walk away, disgusing himself as embers on the smouldering tree. Taking in energy from the embers around him, he blew a gigantic fireball at the petty warriors-in-training.

Charizard was the first to feel the heat from behind. He looked behind him, and was instantly engulfed in colossal flame. The sheer magnitude downed him instantly, paralyzed to watch their attacker try again.

The somewhat loud SLAM brought the other Pokémon's attention to their pseudounconscious peer. Realizing immediately what the fire on their tree really was, Budew launched three leaves, laced with their shiny, magical power. One, surviving the opposing the Fire Pokémon's attempts to defend itself, struck true on its forehead. Their hot-headed opponent was out cold. Just before it touched the ground, the entity burst into white flames before fading suddenly.

From above, a powerful being watched two Pokémon tend to the downed third, while the small, fourth looked surprisedly at their "training arbor". No doubt the smallest one had seen through everything. And the one with the sticks, the one of the Egg. It was definitely growing stronger. Its will had not developed quite yet, but it was growing, oh yes, it was growing. The being throught ruefully if his three servants had figured out his true intentions. Dark, they were, yes. But sane.

Not like the being who laughed mirthlessly at its creation, its Pokémon of the Tainted Egg.

END OF PART 9

Whew! I can't believe I finished a part! And I just had to put some dark matter somewhere... :P
Stay tuned! Thank you for reading!

Pokemon Diamond:

Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

great! I really like it specially because it has a little bit of almost everything. Keep going!

EDIT: Sorry me, :oops: I didn't wanted to rush you. Keep going, but don't do it in rush!

Mon May 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

PART 10

Infernape continued to watch the Pokémon from afar. They had managed to strike through his illusion. Not bad.

The event of four Pokémon defeating an illusion of yet another malignant Fire-type Pokémon spread quickly throughout the meadow. By now Roserade was becoming positively worried, while Flygon and Whiscash even in those times gave the occasional chuckle. All were, however, waiting for a possible call for a counsel of war. Even the Sunkern were swinging their leaves around and practicing intimidating expressions in training.

Turtwig and Budew were proudest of all, founders of the training. Turtwig's twigs had thickened into branches; Budew's crest had grown larger, its bud enlarging. Both could nail targets from quite a distance. They knew that they needed to do this, for self-defense, all that "cool" stuff that none knew much about.

"You are running out of time." "Its power need be collected!" "You don't want to die, do you?"

That was not a pleasant reconversation with his bosses. Sitting down on his usual spot Infernape began drawing plans in the sandy soils again.

Shoot, he thought. What's the use; I'll never take over their meadow. Those Elders... uggghh. I don't want a piece of them.

Then don't, a voice in his head said.

Infernape couldn't believe he had forgotten.

END OF PART10

Pokemon Diamond:

Last edited by elite42 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

getting out of ideas? try focusing. Meditate about the story. Maybe you get some ideas.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm baaaaaacckkkk~~ for now.

Charizard awoke in the early dusk. A sun blazed up from the horizon ahead. Daylight was beginning to bathe him from behind. Suspecting nothing of malignant sort the dragon returned to slumbering.

A Quilava scraped off into a thrush. That traitor, Charizard, had seen him, or at least his trademark, sharp wisps of dust and flame he'd left behind. Eyes gleaming jeeringly, it listened. A spash of water. A Pokémon feigning sleep. A chuckle. A soft hum.

Quilava already knew he was trapped, but he tried to speed out anyway. Muddy water swept in, knocking him over and setting the grass ablaze. Smoke was rising. The Elders knew that was the signal. Whiscash gave another chuckle as he watched his captee struggle under the heavy mud. Soft enough to bend, but hard enough to stay. A regular Whiscash-esque, solidus mud trap.

GTG for now

Pokemon Diamond:

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2