It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

And this Little bit edited Skarmory set.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
Evs: 188 Spd 252 Hp 68 Def
-HP: Ground
-Spikes
-Roar/Drill peck
-Rest

This outrun any Standard Magneton. Hp ground also kills other electrics that try to harm you. Because this isn't nearly as defensive Standard, You would want to run Drill peck instead of Roar; you can't take much hits.

Sun May 11, 2008 9:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{shiftry} quiet nature@lefties , chlorophyll
leech seed(breeding with roselia)
sunny day (seedot)
synthesis (seedot)
solar beam (tm)

start off leech seed (leftus and drained hp give nice amount of hp each turn) , then activate sun (activate ability , sythesis heals more (full health together with lefties and leech seed) no more recharge for solar beam) i think you know what to do after it

Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Checkit Buyakasha!

Esper @ focus band
Timid; Synchronize; 252 spd 252 spA 4HP

Yawn (egg)
Dream eater (tutor in RSE or TM)
Protect
Dbl Team
or

Yawn
Dream eater
Calm Mind
Baton Pass--to get away from nasty darks

which would be better, though they both rock

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What's the point of Double Team?
Dream Eater relies on them being asleep, so your speed is needless, Protect goes first regardless & Yawn makes them sleep the next turn.
Put on Morning Sun over it, and I don't see the point of Protect.

I find it strange that Critisol isn't a large speculation but here goes;

Absol @ Scope Lens
Super Luck / Adamant
252 Atk | 252 Spd | 6 HP
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

EDIT: Zapheres; I posted a Dusknoir like that, I put on Mean Look to ensure they don't switch or something.

Last edited by Prof. Dom on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Here's one my friend has and that I'm trying to get. No specific natures or EV pointage, but...

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
-Double Team
-Protect
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic/Curse

How my friend has killed me several times. The idea is to use Confuse Ray first, then alternate between Protect and Double Team for, say, six turns, then drop either Toxic or Curse on them, all the while confusing them if they happen to snap out of it. Toxic is good, but Curse, while risky, seems to work better. If you have Leftovers, I'd lean toward Curse, since it'll regenerate in 8 turns. The only flaw in this marvelous plan is if the opponent knows Swift, Shadow Punch, Shock Wave, etc. Even then, they'll be Confused and you'll be protecting, but if they do begin to use with one of these moves, it's imperative that you have a high Sp. Defence and Defence so that Leftovers can compensate for the loss. Also, since Dusknoir has Pressure, it'd take 10 turns for any one of these moves to run out, and the chances of them having another are slim.

If anyone can think of how to improve on this, it'd be a welcome suggestion. =]

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Esper @ focus band
Timid; Synchronize; 252 spd 252 spA 4HP

Yawn (egg)
Dream eater (tutor in RSE or TM)
Protect
Dbl Team
or

Yawn
Dream eater
Calm Mind
Baton Pass--to get away from nasty darks

which would be better, though they both rock

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think my Milotic has an interesting move set.

Milotic Male @Shell Bell
Ability: Marvel Scale
-Capitvate
-Attract
-Waterfall
-Thunder

The idea is to use Attract at the beginning of the battle then spam the Captivate. Then I use Thunder and Waterfall :D

Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This might have been mentioned already, but what about an entirely baton-passing mew?

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold/Careful - Synchronize
252 HP, 129 Sp. Def., 129 Def.
~Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
~Rock Polish
~Baton Pass
~Substitute/Recover/Aura Sphere/Earthquake

Basically have a very defense-oriented Mew that can max out its stats (either Sp. or Phys. Attack and Speed) then Baton Pass to any Sweeper and let them run amok. Substitute will help Mew dodge status effects and recover will, obviously, let it keep its health up. Aura Sphere is there to be used if using Bold nature and Nasty Plot while Earthquake works with Careful and Swords Dance. It may take a while to set up, and Ninjask could probably do this better, but I haven't seen anything like it on a Mew before.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Taunt totally ruins that.

A Machamp that I have been using on Shoddy with Great succees. It's edited on One of Smogon's bulky sets, I call It "TankChamp"

Machamp @ Lefties
Adamant | No Guard
252 Hp 20 SpDef 176 Def 56 Att
-Dynamic Punch
-Ice Punch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Whille the set is pretty much same, this has few nice points. This will always survive Modest max SpAtt Life Orb Draco Meteor, and can OHKO back with Ice Punch. (Stealth Rock makes this sure)At same time, this can also survive an Jolly YacheChomp Earthquake after SD, and Ice Punch him for lots of damage (With Yache, OHKO is not sure). This still packs lot of punch in form of 339 Attack stat, and nevermissing always confusing attack.

The better one, playtested, and neverfailed Deoxys-E lead:

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Timid | Pressure
80 Hp / 252 Spd 176 SpA
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Thunderbolt / Ice beam / Psychic / Shadow Ball / Hp Fire
-Thunderbolt / Ice beam / Psychic / Shadow Ball / Hp Fire

The idea is, that you either Taunt or Stealth Rock. You should now which leads support or attack first. Bronzong and other lead Deoxyxses are clear cases, Taunt. But If there's Gengar or Azelf you might need prediction: You can Taunt if you know that your opponent is beginnerish (They Hypnosis, usually they don't predict Taunt). But If you are against experienced palyer, it can be tricky. You can set up Rocks instantly, predicting that your opponent predicts Taunt. Or then you can Taunt, if your opponent predicts that you predict Shadow Ball.

Max speed is needed, otherwise you can lose to other Deos, and this also outspeeds Modest ScarfGars, Jolly ScarfChomp, and Electivire after Motor Drive.
The SpAtt EVs are to OHKO 4 Hp / 0 SpDef Chomp with Ice beam. The rest are pumped to Hp to maximize defense against weak assaults such as U-Turn.

The attacks are to act Anti-Lead; Thunderbolt decimates Leading Gyaradoses and Aerodactyls, and helps against waters, Ice beam OHKOs Yacheless Garchomps and other Dragons, Psychic does plenty of damage to Gengar, while Shadow Ball is more effetive to leading Azelfs. Hp Fire is just for Bronzong. While it is somewhere around 3HKO - 4HKO, it can assist things like CBTar to come in.

This is from my experience in Shoddy, the best (Anti)Lead that can lay Rocks. Deoxyses ability to Outspeed nearly any pokemon, bar Very Fast Scarfers (With this I mean things like +Speed 110s, 125 and faster Scarfers). It has also fantastic Support movepool. It can also, if it survives to Lategame, act as the best Revengekiller ever made (Speed and decent special attack + Fantastic offensive movepool). It has also decent defenses to survive some weaker attacks.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Machamp@choice band
jolly nature
no gaurd
-dynamic punch
-stone edge
-close combat
-cross chop
252 attack/speed 4hp

{charizard} @ leftovers
jolly
-belly drum
-earthquake
-flare blitz
-dragon claw
252 hp 126 atk/spd

Pretty self explanatory. I have something use wish, switch in, then belly drum, so HP is automatically restored. then simply sweep away.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:20 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How About this Breloom ive Just Thought of?

Breloom @ Toxic orb
Poison heal/Adamant
252 atk/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
Leech Seed
Seed Bomb
Drain Punch
Substitute/Stone edge/Rock Slide

Its a Physical Sweeper but Could be used as a drainer Through leech Seed and Drain punch. It could also last long in Battle using leech seed followed by substitute as it gains 1/4 of health back each turn. If you have noticed a bad point or a problem please comment.

And how about this drapion set?

Drapion @ Razor Claw
Sniper/Adamant,Jolly
252 atk/129 spd/129 def
Cross Poison
Slash (egg move)
Night Slash (egg move)
Swords dance/substitute

Ok So its not Going to score as many critical hits as a critiken but it might work? Any comments on this?

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, i played at Shoddy, and it was a tight match. But the best part was after it. We talked about perfect counter to Chomp, and our minds get in Glaceon. We discussed about this about 45 minutes, and i have long log about our talks. (If you want to see it, it is LONG, over 10 word pages) Well, over the time we designed This Glaceons set, it has been playtested.

[img]http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/glaceon.png[/img]
Glaceon @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Timid / Modest | Snow Cloak (Timid with Scarf, Modest with LO)
4 Hp 252 Spd 252 SpAtt
-Ice beam
-HP Fighting / Hp Electric
-Shadow Ball
-Sleep Talk
Glaceon is one of the few pokemon that has the amazing ability to OHKO YacheChomp with Ice beam, and carry Speedboosting nature. Glaceon also has great defense paired with fantastic SpAtt. Ice beam is the general attacking move. Timid Glaceon with 248 EVs (Who uses that little?) in SpAtt guarantees OHKO to 4 Hp / 0 SpDef YacheChomp. With Modest this is clearer. Hidden powers type is important: With Hp Fighting, modest And LO You can 2HKO 252 Hp / 4 Spdef Tyranitar in Sandstorm. This is THE main reason to us LO and Modest. Hp Electric is your most powerful tool against Gyarados and other Waters that come in excepting an Ice beam.

Because the lack of movepool, Sleep Talk is in the last slot. This makes this like Special version of STalker Hera. You can now absorb Sleep with this.

Is often advisable to pass some speed to Glaceon, because it has lacluser basespeed of 65. But scarf can fix that. Timid is needed, because otherwise even Timid Gengar will be faster. This reaches 376 speed, enough to outspeed +nature base 120, and standard Modest ScarfTran (This is tight, Heatran with Modest Max speed has 253 Speed stat before Scarf, Glaceon has 251, but Heatran will usually not max this, due to the fact even with lowering speed EVs, he will outspeed base 120s). Ninjask is great tool to pass speed. It attracts ice moves, which are the ones that Glaceon resist.

Glaceon can survive Jolly YacheChomps Outrage and OHKO back with Ice beam.

Counters: Steeltypes, who resist Glaceons STAB moves and Shadow Ball. The main goodness is Lucario. it can come in to everything bar Hp Fighting, and threatena KO with Close Combat or Bullet Punch. Or even worse, it can swords Dance if it switches to Ice beam.

Blissey will wall this, no matter what. (CritHax freeze is really the only way)

[b]Pictures from arkeis.com![/b]

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay.

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Jolly, 252 Hp & Att
Spore
Belly Drum
Recover
Extereme Speed

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ok this one could be a special sweeper or a physical

Kingdra@Razor fang/Razor claw
Sniper

Modest 252Spd, 6Hp, 252SpAtt
-Focus Energy
-Surf
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-HP Fire/HP Ghost/Substitute

Adament 252Spd, 6Hp, 252 Att
-Focus Energy
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance/Substitute

I made this cuse there seemed to be no sets that utalised a 3x STAB outrage or 3x Stab waterfall (for the physical) but since Kingdra has even SpAtt and Att base stats it could go either way. If you see an issue please tell me and i'll try to fix it.

Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Item: Muscleband

EVs: 252 attack, 129 defense, 129 SP. defense

Moveset: Meteor Mash
Belly Drum
Moonlight
Drain Punch

Nature: Adamant

Abilitie:Magic Guard/Cute Charm

Start off with Belly Drum, Heal with Moonlight and take them down in one or two hits.
I put the EVs in it's defenses so it doesn't faint after using Belly Drum.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
alright hows this one

garchomp
w/quickclaw
ability: sand-veil

atk252 spd252 def252

draco-meteor
stone-edge
giga impact
outrage

teamed up w/ my tyranitar

ability: sand stream
item:lax incence

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't know if this Houndoom set was already posted but I'll still try...

Houndoom @ Lefties
Taunt
Torment
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower/Crunch

This is actually an Anti-Tank that I use because my friends tend to bring tanks when we battle. Use Taunt, Torment, WoW then see their tank be crippled in fear. Very simple tactic...

I hope this set wasn't posted yet...

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aerodactyl w/ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature, 252 Speed, 252 Defence, 6 HP
Aerial Ace, Roar, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave
Used first, opening up with Stealth Rock. Focus Sash stops an OHKO by any Bullet Punchers. Roar can be used to switch out any opponents, and with Aerodactyl’s awesome speed, it’ll be hard to run it out. Of course, each time an opponent switches in, they’ll get hurt by SR, so it’s mainly for weakening enemies. Thunder Wave is there to immobilize any opponents that might be particularly dangerous, whilst AA is there for any Fighting types or the aforementioned Bullet Punchers.

Not saying that it's any better than the moveset already up, but I just think it's handy.

`Charlie

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here's mine. It's designed to make catching Pokemon a cinch.

Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Steadfast | Nature: Adamant (+ATK, -SP ATK)
EVs: 252 ATK, 252 DEF, 6 HP
~Mean Look
~False Swipe
~Thunder Wave
~Hypnosis

Start with Mean Look to prevent your prey from escaping and immobilize it with either Thunder Wave (Paralyze, 100% Acc) or Hypnosis (Sleep, 70% Acc). Take down it's health with False Swipe until 1 HP remains, or close enough to that, and barrage it with Pokeballs.

For EV's and Nature: Attack is priority in stats so you can take down it's health with False Swipe as quickly as possible. Keeping the Gallade alive is second priority, in case Paralyzing or Sleeping the target isn't effective. Gallade already has good Special Defense, I went with a Defense boost, with a little HP with the remaining points. Speed isn't really an issue since Gallade already has a decent amount of that and your target will hopefully be immobilized.

This is a pretty tricky one to make so ask me in a PM if you want to know how I did it.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

if you think these pokemon are weak, then you must not know how to play.

Spiritomb/Lv:100/WonderGard/Spooky Plate
Dark Pulse
Curse
Toxic
Ominus Wind

that one reqires a hack. people without that kind of acces can use this:

Shedinja/Lv:100/WonderGuard/Focus Sash
Areial Ace
Bug Buzz
Dig
Shadow Ball

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have two Baton Passers but I'm not sure of how good they are, I'd appreciate your input:

GLACEON @Lax Incense
Abbility: Snow Cloak | Nature: Timid (+SPD -A)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SPD, 6 SD
Hail
Double Team
Baton Pass
Blizzard

GLISCOR @Lax Incense
Ability: Sand Veil | Nature: Jolly (+SPD -SA)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SPD, 6 SD
Sandstorm
Double Team / Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Earthquake

The strategy in both of them is more or less the same:

-Lax Incense lowers the foe's accuracy.
-Hail/Sandstorm boosts user's evasion while inflicts dammage on the foe.
-Double Team boosts evasion even more.
-Baton Pass when ready
or
-Use Blizzard (with 100% accuracy) or Earthquake if needed.

If they are both used in the same team, Glaceon can Baton Pass evasion boost and Gliscor can have Swords Dance instead.

I am not entirely sure about the EVs, though.

So, what do you think?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Nature and Ability: Modest (Attack -, Sp. Attack +) and Levitate
EV's: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
Moves: Giga Drain
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Sludge Bomb

Gengar's a special sweeper of sorts, designed to take out multiple types quickly and efficiently. Giga Drain takes out Water, Rock, and Ground Types and increases the variety of pokemon I can take out while allowing health regen. Shadow Ball is a great move in general because of it's high special attack rating and the stab bonus, and Psychic is a great move as well for dealing with other poisin or fighting types. And Sludge Bomb is amazing because of it's great power rating and the stab/poisin bonus. And all this gets a nice bonus from the Wise Glasses which boost these special moves

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Nature and Ability: Adamant (Attack +, Sp. Attack -) or Impish (Defense +, Sp. Attack -) and Sand Stream
EV's: 252 Attack, 100 Defense and Sp. Defense, 58 Speed
Moves: Avalanche
Payback
Stone Edge
Fire Fang/EQ

Tyranitar's a Avenger Battle Tank of sorts, focusing soly on surving an initial assault then using double up moves and High Attack to pay back in full. Tyranitar's Focus Sash will Keep it alive hopefully long enough for it to use Payback or Avalanche for some serious damage with it's Attack Stats. Thaty'll help it deal with grass type or psychic type sweepers of any sort. Stone Edge is great for dealing against flying types with the stab bonus and high critical and Fire Fang deals with pesky steel types. EQ also does the job and can be interchanged, though it does have more effect thanks to sand stream.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

[quote="robbydebry"]alright hows this one

garchomp
w/quickclaw
ability: sand-veil

atk252 spd252 def252

draco-meteor
stone-edge
giga impact
outrage

teamed up w/ my tyranitar

ability: sand stream
item:lax incence[/quote]

Since you already have EV's poured into Garchomp and it already has a decent speed rating base anyway, why not just change the Quick-Claw into another item. Like the Berry that reduces Ice Type attacks? And also, you can't have over 510 EV's anyway, so remove one of those categories

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Empoleon
@Life Orb/Salac Berry
24 Def / 232 SpA / 254 Spe

Substitute
Brine
Ice Beam/Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

The idea is to switch in on a weak attack and set up Stealth Rock. Then use Substitute or attack with Ice Beam/Grass Knot so that Torrent activates. This combined with Brine's doubled power/salac berry, allows Empoleon to sweep well in late game, although entry hazards are paramount.

Other viable options to fill in for Stealth Rock are Rain Dance, for rain teams or just to aid Brine, Agility to make sweeping easier if you don't have a Salac Berry.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58