It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

MasterChef wrote:
Also, I cant find the pancakes anywhere... :oops:

As with all Rating Centers here, there are some rules that you have to follow so that we don't have problems. Any teams that do not follow these rules will not be rated. So just make our lives easier and follow them, m'kay good ol' chum?

THE RULES

1. You may only post a team here if:
:arrow: You have been registered at these forums for at least two (2) weeks
:arrow: You have a post count that exceeds twenty-five (25)
:arrow: You do not have any of the Shame Ranks (Probation, Illiterate, Fails at life, etc)

2. All standard Psypoke Forums and Battle Forum Rules apply - no spamming, vulgar language, etc.
2a. Bad Spelling or Grammar throughout the entire post will not be tolerated. Can't spell? Spell Check exists for a reason. Use 1337speak throughout and your whole team will be deleted on the spot if I happen to notice it. Also, only Raters may use colors, bold/italic/underlined font, etc. No excessive use of smilies - try to keep it to only using the {pokemon} one when you are listing your team info. Sentences such as "My {heatran} counters your {scizor} " are annoying and will be removed.

3. The format for posting a team is as follows:

Your team should look like this wrote:
A short introduction of the team. This includes mentioning:
:arrow: what kind of battling environment the team will be used in (WiFi, Shoddy Battle, PBR, Battle Tower, etc) so that the raters know what limits you have, like accessibility to FRLG/Emerald/Platinum move tutors, Hidden Power types, and the works. If the team is for Shoddy or some other pokemon simulator, you do not have to mention these things; otherwise tell what other games you have access to and how willing you are to breed for Hidden Power, etc. Only post teams that are meant to be competitive - if you cant defeat Cynthia for whatever reason, train your in-game team more.
:arrow: What tier you wish to use this team in - Overused, Underused, Ubers, or no tier at all. Tiers are according to the Psypoke Tier List found here
:arrow: How well this team has performed for you in the past - we don't want to rate a team that hasn't been used before - try it out and see what problems you run into, if any. Heck, if the team does well enough for you that it doesn't need to be rated, that's fine by us. Be sure to mention any specific pokemon you have problems with, the more detail the better.

Pokemon {pokemon} (please do not mention nicknames, its really kinda annoying) @ Item
Nature - EV Spread
Ability
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

A short description of the pokemon - I would suggest aiming for about 5 sentences, but anything from about 3-10 is fine (1-2 sentence descriptions are unacceptable). Here, describe the purpose of the pokemon - why did you choose this specific pokemon, with this specific moveset, over the other 492 pokemon there are? Mention what the Pokemon's role in your team is - for instance, is your pokemon a Lead, designed to set up entry hazards like Stealth Rock or Spikes? Is it an Attacker, intended to hit the opponent hard with attacks to weaken them? Is it a Baton Passer, giving the key stat boosts to another pokemon on your team that it needs in order to sweep the foe? Is it a Tank, or a Supporter, or a Spinner, or any of the other various roles a pokemon can have? Mention if your pokemon is intended to counter any specific pokemon (for instance, say how Magnezone is your number one Skarmory counter), or if there are any specific pokemon that counter yours (like how your Skarmory's number one fear is Magnezone).

<Repeat for each pokemon in the team.>

For an example of an excellent RMT post, I present to you a UU team by FrozenVirus. This is the perfect amount of effort I want to see put into your posts.

FrozenVirus wrote:
So I got bored of the OU environment, and started thinking about a UU team. I've tried this out on Shoddy and I've been beating a lot of OU teams, which is a great sign. The team really shines in UU battles though.

{scyther} @ Choice Scarf / Scouter Lead & Physical Sweeper
Jolly / Technician
112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spd
Aerial Ace
U-Turn
Pursuit
Quick Attack

Sure, Scyther does have a quadruple weakness to Stealth Rock, which limits its ability to switch in. It may not be as powerful as its evolved form, Scizor, but in the UU environment, Scyther may as well take the title of the most fearsome Bug pokémon around. With its blinding speed, decent defenses, and respectable attack power, it makes a great lead. Hitting 465 speed with a choice scarf and 144 speed EVs, it can outrun just about anything (even Ninjask, but only on the first turn) that isn’t scarfed. STABed U-Turn can definitely hurt a ton, especially with so many Dark and Psychic types around. I’ve noticed that U-Turn is Scyther’s primary source of offense, as it permits Scyther to inflict massive damage without even taking a hit. Before evolving into Scizor, Scyther had Flying-type characteristics, so it would make sense to have a flying-type move on the set. With Scyther’s ability Technician, and the STAB boost, Aerial Ace’s base power reaches 135 (that’s pretty powerful for an attack that never misses). Brick Break is there fore coverage reasons, as it hits Rock, Steel, Normal, and Ice. However, it is unlikely that Scyther will even be staying in when up against Rock, Steel, and Ice-type opponents, because it fears a Stone Edge or Ice Beam/Ice Punch. I was thinking of replacing it with Quick Attack, which has a base power of 60 with Scyther’s Technician boost. It may not be Scizor’s Bullet Punch, and it may not have the coverage, but it is Scyther’s only priority move, and can be used to finish off weakened opponents. Pursuit is used in the circumstance where a Psychic type fears an X-Scissor or U-Turn and switches out.

{gallade} @ Life Orb / Physical Sweeper
Adamant / Steadfast
64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Close Combat
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak

Okay, so it’s in the Limbo Tier. At least it’s not OU. It may not have the speed of the majority of OU physical sweepers, but its awesome movepool and coverage, along with its ability to take special hits makes up for this. It has access to Fighting, Dark, Bug, Rock, Ice and Grass-type moves; it can even learn Earthquake (not that anyone actually uses it). Add that to its beastly attack stat and you get one dangerous and unpredictable foe to face. While it has a weakness on the physical side as its defense stat is only 65, it will have plenty of opportunities to set up at least one Swords Dance because of its bulky base 115 special defense. It can pretty much switch into any special attack that isn't Shadow Ball or Air Slash. Being part Fighting, Gallade also gains a very important neutrality to Dark-type attacks. Plus, many pokémon fear it in the first place because of its versatility. Close Combat's power and STAB boost obviously earns its spot on Gallade's moveset; not a lot of things will enjoy taking a Close Combat from something as beast as Gallade. I was debating between X-Scissor and Night Slash; X-Scissor hits Dark and Psychic types, while Night Slash hits Psychic and Ghost types. Psycho Cut is also an option on Gallade, as it provides a secondary STAB move. However, it doesn't have very good coverage, and Night Slash also OHKOs Gengar and can hit other would-be Ghost-type counters. Ice Punch gives Gallade even better coverage, as it hits Ground, Grass, Flying, and Dragon-types. It completely owns Gliscor as well, which is a common switch-in to Gallade. Wheras Swords Dance Gallade is extremely fearsome, giving it so much power is kind of excessive. Gallade is without a doubt slow for a sweeper, so it may need a priority move to surmount this weakness. Shadow Sneak, although not STABed, is enough to finish off any damaged Gengars, Mismaigiuses, and Alakazams who think they'll get the first strike.

{blastoise} @ Leftovers / Rapid Spinner & Physical Wall
Bold / Torrent
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Toxic

Let's all admit it; Blastoise is a tank. I mean, come on. What other pokémon have cannons on their back? Well, there is Magmortar of course, who has cannons as arms. Anyways, Blastoise serves as a Rapid Spinner because of its high defenses, and overall bulkiness. It's my answer to all of the fearsome Dragon-types out there, like Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite, and Garchomp. Lanturn packs Ice Beam as well, but unlike Blastoise, it's not designed to take physical hits. With Earthquake being such a popular choice on Dragon-types, Lanturn really can't stay in to unleash an Ice Beam. Surf serves as a STAB move that can be used to handle Infernape, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and can wear down Metagross pretty fast. Toxic has 85% accuracy, which isn't that bad for a status-inducing move that takes away your opponent's life. Although it doesn't have the anti-sweeping capabilities as Thunder Wave does, the damage from poison can really start to accumulate if the other team doesn't have an Aromatherapist. Finally, being a Water type, Blastoise is weak to Electric and Grass-type attacks. It serves as perfect bait to allow Lanturn to restore HP from Electric attacks. Grass Knot is probably the most common Grass-type attack; it seems like all special sweepers carry it, and it really doesn't do too much damage to Lanturn anyways.

{lanturn} @ Leftovers / Special Sponge & Tank
Calm / Volt Absorb
120 HP / 136 SAtk / 252 SDef
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt / Discharge
Thunder Wave

At first glance, Lanturn looks like a horrible choice for a wall, as it only has a special defense stat in the high 70s and an HP stat of 120. However, it is one of the only pokémon that resist the ubiquitous Bolt-Beam combination, and it resists Flamethrower and Surf as well. In other words, this little fishie walls the HELL out of Starmie and its it back hard with STABed Thunderbolts or Discharges. Starmie may pack Grass Knot, but Lanturn barely takes any damage from it because the thing weighs literally nothing. Although less common on Starmie, Psychic, although STABed, will not do much to Lantrun as well. Lanturn actually likes the move Trick; if Starmie Tricks a Choice Specs onto Lanturn, it becomes even more of a tank because its Special Attacks skyrockets to over 300. A Choice Scarf speed boost may even come in handy as well. However, I don't think anybody would be senseless enough to Trick a Choice Specs onto a Lantrun. Althogh known for its ability to sponge special attacks, Lanturn can even take physical hits fairly well, because of its high HP. However, if it takes too many hits or if the physical attack is called Earthquake, Lanturn won't be around for very long. Some special attacks EVs were invested into Lanturn's spread to maximize the effectiveness of Lanturn's STABed special attacks. I love it when Dragon-types like Salamence and Dragonite go up against Lanturn; they think they can freely set up a Dragon Dance on it, but then Lanturn ends up oblieterating them with its Ice Beam. Thunder Wave is an obvious choice on Lanturn, as it cripples fast sweepers that would otherwise outspeed my team. It's also so obvious that people will be switching into ground types like Gliscor, Rhyperior, and Donphan just to dodge the Thunder Wave. This gives me the opportunity to outpredict them and give them a nice Surf or Ice Beam as switch-in gift.

{mesprit} @ Leftovers / Stealth Rock Set-up & Physical Wall
Bold / Levitate
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SAtk
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave

Some people say that having a pokémon that is too balanced is a bad thing, but in Mesprit's case, it gives it an advantage over its counterparts Azelf and Uxie. With its base 105 defenses, it's a lot bulkier than Azelf, and it can take a lot more hits, and at the same time it can hit a lot harder than Uxie with its base 105 offensive stats. Mesprit is my answer to Gyarados and Infernape. Wheras Lanturn packs Thunderbolt as well, it won't be staying in because of the Earthquake that will without a doubt OHKO it. Plus, it will be quite obvious that Lanturn packs Thunderbolt in the first place. Mesprit dodges the EQ completely. and can surely do serious damage to Gyarados with Thunderbolt. Psychic is there for fighters like Infernape and Machamp, but especially Infernape (Machamp can learn Payback, which can hurt Mesprit). Close Combat and Dynamicpunch are easily walled by Mesprit anyways. It does have a problem with handling special attacks, but with Bug-type being primarily physical, and Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball being the only two common Dark and Ghost-type special-based moves, Azelf will find a way to stay around.

{shaymin} @ Choice Specs / Special Sweeper
Timid / Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Seed Flare
Earth Power
Air Slash
Hidden Power (Fire)

I mean, come on. This little green hedgehog is cute AND awesome. This Shaymin-L here tries to pull a Shaymin-S because Shaymin-S is banned in UU according to smogon [ =( ]. Anyways, Shaymin-L is bulkier, so it's all good. Seed Flare is IMO the ownagest Grass type attack ever, and it is after all, Shaymin's signature move. Earth Power and Air Slash are awesome coverage options. Earth Power nails Heatran (which I will obviously paralyze beforehand, in case it's Scarfed), and Air Slash kills Apes that wan to switch in. HP Fire is a Scizor killer. muahahahaha.

4. Do not post incomplete teams. If you chose 5 pokemon by yourself, you don't need us to find you a 6th. Same goes for items, nature, EVs, moves - if you can't think of a fourth move to put in, pick one out that looks decent. If on the other hand you cannot decide between two moves, feel free to mention both in your moveset listing.

5. Do not complain if your team is not rated after only a short time. The raters have lives that consist of things that don't involve rating your team.
If your team appears to have been skipped (if teams posted after yours have been rated even though yours has not been), then you may make a post pointing this out to the raters, who will either get to it ASAP or explain why it was skipped (if it did not follow an important rule). Otherwise, there shall be no "When will my team be rated?" posts.

6. If you posted a team in the original Rating Center that has not yet been rated, you will need to post it again here to get it rated.

7. Do not post more than one team per month. I don't care if they're different. Posting multiple teams just causes more backlog, which is exactly what we want to avoid with making a new center.

8. The raters have authority to deny rating a team to any poster who does not follow any of the above rules, or for any reason not listed above. They also may add, delete, and change rules at their discretion.
8a. If you are not Rater, do not critique or say anything about another person's team. The test to become a rater is here. If you want to talk about other people's teams, take the test and hope you pass.

9. Rules are subject to change.

Current Team Raters
conman2k8
koipen
MasterChef
Volke
EvilPenguin

And you can now start posting your teams :)

edit: rofl 1000 post

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:20 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This team is for PBR. it has so far performed mediocrely, due to silly mistakes(my prediction sucks). i have pokemon firered, in case anyone wantded to know that. im not that interested in breeding for hidden power, due to laziness.

Salamence@choice specs
intimidate
hasty
evs: 252 spatk 252 speed 6 hp
dragon pulse
fire blast
hydro pump
dragon dance.
Salamence is one of my special sweepers. Dragon pulse is for (obviously) other salamence and dragons. It can come in usually for revenge kills, as it is a very fast variation. What should I do with dragon dance?

Articuno@ leftovers
pressure
quiet
evs: 252 hp 126 sp. Def. 126 sp.atk 6
water pulse
ice beam
roost
u-turn
Articuno is my wall. Obviously, the team is named after this pokemon just becasue its my favorite. Can take a lot of hits, even fire typed ones. I originally had reflect to cover the teams poor defense, but decided to go with water pulse for fire types.

Sceptile@rose incense
overgrow
modest
evs: 255 sp.atk 255 speed
detect
energy ball
giga drain
hidden power water
Originally, I needed a grass type for quagsire/swampert. Sceptile fits the job. being fast by nature, it can come in energy ball the opponent. giga drain is for healing. hp is for fires.

Blaziken@life orb
blaze
mild
evs: 252 atk 252 sp.atk 6 speed
bulk up
focus blast
blaze kick
brave bird.
This is my mixed sweeper. Bulk up on switch and fire away. should i go with sky uppercut for accuracy? i wanted to do that but then it would have no spec. moves.

Azelf@focus sash
Levitate
Calm
Evs: 252 spatk 126 speed 126 atk 6 hp
Psychic
Stealth rock
Shadow ball
Explosion.
Azelf is my lead. Psychic is for common gengar leads and STAB. i was thinking of replacing shadow ball for uturn. Suggestions? Set up stealth rocks. Hammer away and let focus sash do it’s job. Explode when done.

Electivire@expert belt
Motor drive
Adamant
Evs: 255 atk 255 speed
Thunder punch
Ice punch
Cross chop
EQ
My phys. Sweeper. this is a bit predictable since its nearly omnipresent. Provides great type coverage.

oh, this is for PBR. my fc is 2706 8858 1442

The Soulja Boy dance was the hot dance craze of '07. Announcers were playing it at basketball, every one had it on their ipod. Then everyone figured out what "superman that h**" meant -my health teacher

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lugia>>>you wrote:
This team is for PBR. it has so far performed mediocrely, due to silly mistakes(my prediction sucks). i have pokemon firered, in case anyone wantded to know that. im not that interested in breeding for hidden power, due to laziness.

Salamence@choice specs
intimidate
hasty
evs: 252 spatk 252 speed 6 hp
dragon pulse Earthquake
fire blast
hydro pump Outrage
dragon dance. Draco Meteor
Salamence is one of my special sweepers. Dragon pulse is for (obviously) other salamence and dragons. It can come in usually for revenge kills, as it is a very fast variation. What should I do with dragon dance?
With Hasty nature, I suggest that you would use either Specsmence or DDMence. I would suggest DDMence because your team kinda lacks physical force if Electrivire is gone. But Specsmence could also work. If you decide to use Specsmence, just switch Dragon dance to Draco Meteor. Specsed Draco Meteor is one heck of force. If yo decide to do Dragon Dance, switch special moves to Earthquake, Outrage and Fire blast. Evs revsed to 252 Att, 252 Spd and 6 hp. I would point that both sets can work just as well, none is inferior to the other. Switch item to Life Orb, if you are using DDMence.

Articuno@ leftovers
pressure
quiet
evs: 252 hp 126 sp. Def. 126 sp.atk 6
water pulse Reflect
ice beam
roost
u-turn Roar
Articuno is my wall. Obviously, the team is named after this pokemon just becasue its my favorite. Can take a lot of hits, even fire typed ones. I originally had reflect to cover the teams poor defense, but decided to go with water pulse for fire types.
Articuno is currently out of the game, because one thing: Stealth Rock. Articuno takes whopping 50% if it switches in and Rocks are out on field. I don't know how much there are Stealth Rocks in PBR though. Switch Water pulse to Reflect. Since this Articuno would work best by supporter, use these EVs: 252 Hp, 96 Def, 96 SpDef and 64 SpA. Switch then U-Turn to Roar. I think then this would be good supporter for this team.

Sceptile@rose incense
overgrow
modest
evs: 255 sp.atk 255 speed
detect Dragon Pulse
energy ball
giga drain Leaf Storm
hidden power water Focus Blast
Originally, I needed a grass type for quagsire/swampert. Sceptile fits the job. being fast by nature, it can come in energy ball the opponent. giga drain is for healing. hp is for fires. Modest sceptile can be great sweeper. EVs are just good (Well, those six remainings could go to Hp). Almost any time you can say that Incenses are items not to be used. Swith it to Life Orb. For the moves, switch Detect to Dragon pulse, Giga drain to Leaf Storm and Hidden Power to Focus Blast. This way you have fast sweeper with diversity and force.

Blaziken@life orb
blaze
mild
evs: 252 atk 252 sp.atk 6 speed
bulk up Swords Dance
focus blast Sky uppercut
blaze kick
brave bird. Earthquake
This is my mixed sweeper. Bulk up on switch and fire away. should i go with sky uppercut for accuracy? i wanted to do that but then it would have no spec. moves. Blaziken works as mixed sweeper, but you would need alot of tutor moves from Emerald (And breeding). I would use Physical set, although it is hindered by the nature. Switch Focus Blast to Sky Uppercut, and Bulk up to Swords Dance. Then siwtch Brave bird to EQ, so you can attack opposing Fires.

Azelf@focus sash
Levitate
Calm
Evs: 252 spatk 126 speed 126 atk 6 hp
Psychic
Stealth rock
Shadow ball Taunt
Explosion.
Azelf is my lead. Psychic is for common gengar leads and STAB. i was thinking of replacing shadow ball for uturn. Suggestions? Set up stealth rocks. Hammer away and let focus sash do it’s job. Explode when done. Good. The nature is meh but otherwise good. Youw ould want to max out speed. I would also strongly suggest Taunt in place of Shadow Ball, so Stealth Rocks won't get laid down, because really hurt Articuno.

Electivire@expert belt
Motor drive
Adamant
Evs: 255 atk 255 speed
Thunder punch
Ice punch
Cross chop
EQ
My phys. Sweeper. this is a bit predictable since its nearly omnipresent. Provides great type coverage. Standard. Good.

Overall, I can see this team working well. Just make sure that Rocks won't get laid down, because then Articuno can't really wall anymore. Hope you have succes.

oh, this is for PBR. my fc is 2706 8858 1442

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:06 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

thanks koipen. much better than the serebii rating. oh, out of all my 560 pbr wifi matches, ive seen sealth rock ONE TIME rofl

The Soulja Boy dance was the hot dance craze of '07. Announcers were playing it at basketball, every one had it on their ipod. Then everyone figured out what "superman that h**" meant -my health teacher

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok this a single wifi battle team please rate team. I do not have any of the previous games...I can do HP breeding, but if it can be avoided I would prefer that. It is a no uber enviorment (garchomp is allowed though). It has been a pretty good team, but I am just curious as to what could be improved or what may be a big weakness.

Swampert @ leftovers
Quiet - Torrent
HP: 252 - D: 216 - SpA: 52
~ Stealth Rock
~ EQ
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam

He has a simple job Leadoff, set up some rocks and inflict as much damage as possible. I went with the mixed variety just to switch it up a bit and also making it so burn does not kill my tanking ability totally

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Impish - Keen Eye
HP - 252 D - 156 A - 96 Speed - 4
~ Drill Peck
~ Toxic
~ Spikes
~ Roost

This is my main defensive wall. Skarm comes in and drops some spike for more pain upon entry for the opponent, then we can get off some toxic and roost away to stall them out. I also have drill peck just incase I need to cause some damage, is a good counter for that annoying Breloom that people love.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm - Swift Swim
HP - 204 SpD - 124 Speed - 104 SpA - 76
~ Rain Dance
~ Leech Seed
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot

Ludicolo, my special wall/Rain dance set up. He can take any special attack pretty well and keep on trucking, start some rain then drops some seeds it tends to get annoying for the opponent. I did not put surf on here simply because I have 2 other poke that are allready dealing out stab water attacks so I went with the stab grass and ice beam to cover flying types that may come in.

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Modest - Swift Swim
SpA - 252 Speed - 164 HP - 92
~ Rain Dance
~ Yawn
~ Surf
~ Dragon Pulse/draco meter?

Kingdra comes in after ludicolo and tries to kill as much as possible before death. I am not sure what item would work best, currently I went with leftovers but I have been switching it with Life Orb as well as Lum berry. Pretty simple set that can be brought in without the rain allready going, just yawn out the counter and then rain dance myself and move along.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid - Synchronize
SpA - 252 Speed - 252 HP - 4
~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Charge Beam

Kazam tends to be my end game play when he can come in and sweep the feild, he is very effective especially if the opponent didnt use any entry hazards and he keeps his sash in tact, he can take out any pokes that used speed enhancing moves because he will take their hit and KO back.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant - Steadfast
A - 252 Speed - 252 HP - 4
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Crunch
~ Extreme Speed

My main attacker, his job is simple...kill blissey! But other then that he is standard, X speed for the finishing touch on any scarfed poke with low health and to give the team a priority move. Crunch can take down incoming ghosts. I also tend to send him out with Kazam at the end of the game.

Well that is all, please let me know what you think of the team and anything that may look off to you or maybe a certain poke that I missed that will give me trouble. Thanks

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

TheWarlock187 wrote:
Ok this a single wifi battle team please rate team. I do not have any of the previous games...I can do HP breeding, but if it can be avoided I would prefer that. It is a no uber enviorment (garchomp is allowed though). It has been a pretty good team, but I am just curious as to what could be improved or what may be a big weakness.

Swampert @ leftovers
Quiet - Torrent
HP: 252 - D: 216 - SpA: 52
~ Stealth Rock
~ EQ
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam

He has a simple job Leadoff, set up some rocks and inflict as much damage as possible. I went with the mixed variety just to switch it up a bit and also making it so burn does not kill my tanking ability totally

Looks alright, I'd go with a lum or chesto to keep sleep leads from taking advantage of swampert. Also beware of lead taunters when using SR, or even give SR to skarm and replace it with roar to keep BP chains from getting off.

TheWarlock187 wrote:

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Impish - Keen Eye
HP - 252 D - 156 A - 96 Speed - 4
~ Drill Peck
~ Toxic
~ Spikes
~ Roost

This is my main defensive wall. Skarm comes in and drops some spike for more pain upon entry for the opponent, then we can get off some toxic and roost away to stall them out. I also have drill peck just incase I need to cause some damage, is a good counter for that annoying Breloom that people love.

Leftovers is nicer on a stall set as lum just ends up giving him an extra spike turn or free switch in before status is thrown again. Shed shell can be used as well for fleeing magnezone. As you have nothing else for causing switches on your team aside from yawn, whirlwind can go over toxic do get rid of walls as well as grabing spike/SR damage.

TheWarlock187 wrote:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm - Swift Swim
HP - 204 SpD - 124 Speed - 104 SpA - 76
~ Rain Dance
~ Leech Seed
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot

Ludicolo, my special wall/Rain dance set up. He can take any special attack pretty well and keep on trucking, start some rain then drops some seeds it tends to get annoying for the opponent. I did not put surf on here simply because I have 2 other poke that are allready dealing out stab water attacks so I went with the stab grass and ice beam to cover flying types that may come in

Looks good, just beware of fire and steel types who wall both ice+grass.

TheWarlock187 wrote:

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Modest - Swift Swim
SpA - 252 Speed - 164 HP - 92
~ Rain Dance
~ Yawn
~ Surf
~ Dragon Pulse/draco meter?

Kingdra comes in after ludicolo and tries to kill as much as possible before death. I am not sure what item would work best, currently I went with leftovers but I have been switching it with Life Orb as well as Lum berry. Pretty simple set that can be brought in without the rain allready going, just yawn out the counter and then rain dance myself and move along.

Wow, this set looks almost the exact same as mine :cry: Draco meteor or ice beam in the last slot, both kill other dragons effectively (though DM gets other kingdras) but ice beam doesn't have the s.atk drop and smacks a few other types better. Leftovers work well, though Haban berry can help him live other dragon attacks. as well as mystic water can help surf reliably OHKO Gengar and similar pokes.

TheWarlock187 wrote:

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid - Synchronize
SpA - 252 Speed - 252 HP - 4
~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Charge Beam

Kazam tends to be my end game play when he can come in and sweep the feild, he is very effective especially if the opponent didnt use any entry hazards and he keeps his sash in tact, he can take out any pokes that used speed enhancing moves because he will take their hit and KO back.

I can't recommend the sash for late game, Life orb if you don't think zam will take a hit or twistedspoon (bringing psychic to 165 base power after STAB, as his other moves are really only for those who resist psychic anyways) or choice specs if you want him to revenge KO.
Sped EV's can be dropped to 236 and still outspeed everything, but loses his tie with other alakazam, sceptile and dugtrio and those EVs can go into HP to help insure weak to mild priority hits don't OHKO. but not enough to be worth re-breeding.
Shadow ball can be taken out for signal beam to hit psychics and dark types who are to risky to smack with focus blast. Calm mind can also go over charge beam if you can bring him in on a weak s.atker but CM usually works best with sub.

TheWarlock187 wrote:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant - Steadfast
A - 252 Speed - 252 HP - 4
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Crunch
~ Extreme Speed

My main attacker, his job is simple...kill blissey! But other then that he is standard, X speed for the finishing touch on any scarfed poke with low health and to give the team a priority move. Crunch can take down incoming ghosts. I also tend to send him out with Kazam at the end of the game.

Yup, looks standard. Inner focus would probably be better against togekiss since you still lose a turn with steadfast and speed boosts aren't a huge issue with exspd.

TheWarlock187 wrote:

Well that is all, please let me know what you think of the team and anything that may look off to you or maybe a certain poke that I missed that will give me trouble. Thanks

Looks quite good, I see a slight weakness to special attackers like Starmie and Azelf should they get past Ludicolo. Also sleep could be hurtful without a sleep talker or a rest-user to hold away sleep with the clause up. But that's not a huge deal or anything.

EvilPenguin wrote:

YAAYYY PANCAKES!!! Om nom nom :lol:

lugia>>>you wrote:
thanks koipen. much better than the serebii rating. oh, out of all my 560 pbr wifi matches, ive seen sealth rock ONE TIME rofl

Yeah in PBR's 3vs3 arena traps are rare to non-existant unless the team has a major focus on them. **plays PBR wifi to test movesets**

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't Wi-fi battle much anymore. I'm right now working towards the highest possible Battle Tower chain I could get, so here's a little team I want help on for the Battle Tower:

{bronzong} @ Occa Berry
Nature: Careful
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP 129 Def 129 Sp. Def
~ Hypnosis
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Earthquake ( :? )

(Yeah, I suck at Bronzong movesets) SR helps screw up Focus Sashers and Occa Berry defends against fire-attackers. Hypnosis puts opponents to sleep, and the other moves are offensive. I had no idea what other move I should have instead of Earthquake. It can't be Explosion, because if I use that and the next Pokémon is a Weavile I am SCREWED.

{jumpluff} @ Heat Rock???
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd 252 HP 6 Att
~ Sleep Powder
~ Sunny Day
~ Subsitute
~ U-Turn

While the opponent is asleep, I switch in Jumpluff and set up a sub. Then I use Sunny Day to max out my speed. By then the opponent wakes up, knocks out my sub. Then I sleep powder the foe and u-turn to:

{salamence} @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Att 252 Spd 6 HP
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang

A few notes: I'm not switching to Jolly and never will, because this Salamence has been in my team since Emerald and I will never replace it. NEVER!!!!! Anyway, this guy has incredible IVs, (HP Flying power 65-ish). Don't bother replacing Fire Fang with Fire Blast, because I won't do it. I've tried it with Fire Blast before, and it doesn't work in the Battle Tower.
Jumpluff uses Sleep Powder, then switches to Salamence, who uses Dragon Dance and then sweeps the foe all the way to Hell Tower Apex 20F.

This is Battle Tower, and this is Diamond, so I can't have Outrage and prediction doesn't work. Otherwise, thanks in advance.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AKART wrote:
I don't Wi-fi battle much anymore. I'm right now working towards the highest possible Battle Tower chain I could get, so here's a little team I want help on for the Battle Tower:

{bronzong} @ Occa Berry
Nature: Careful
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP 129 Def 129 Sp. Def
~ Hypnosis
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Earthquake ( :? )

(Yeah, I suck at Bronzong movesets) SR helps screw up Focus Sashers and Occa Berry defends against fire-attackers. Hypnosis puts opponents to sleep, and the other moves are offensive. I had no idea what other move I should have instead of Earthquake. It can't be Explosion, because if I use that and the next Pokémon is a Weavile I am SCREWED.

Well, if you want to stick with physical moves EQ is probably your best only option. Confuse ray or psychic could be other options seeing how battle tower is a world without switches, heck dream eater may even be viable. :shock:

AKART wrote:

{jumpluff} @ Heat Rock???
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd 252 HP 6 Att
~ Sleep Powder
~ Sunny Day
~ Subsitute
~ U-Turn

While the opponent is asleep, I switch in Jumpluff and set up a sub. Then I use Sunny Day to max out my speed. By then the opponent wakes up, knocks out my sub. Then I sleep powder the foe and u-turn to:

I don't quite understand the jumpluff, it just seems to be stalling and at best giving salamence a boost to his fire fang. Also sunny day is kinda hurtful to bronzong. If you want to stick with jumpluff the set looks ok. though if I can recommend

{roserade}
Nautral cure @ Weather rock/Leftovers
Timid 252spd 252S.atk or HP
-Sleep powder
-Sunny Day/Rain dance/Leech seed
-Weather Ball/Substitute
-Leaf storm/Sludge bomb

Come in after bronzong's sleep, set up sun/rain, blast with weather ball and leaf storm/sludge bomb OR set up a sub seed cycle while keeping the opponent asleep with sludge bomb/leaf storm for damage. as well you can switch bronzong back in to sap from the seed.

Also Crobat can pull the same set as the jumpluff above with better stats, no 4x ice weakness and without the need of Sday to boost speed.

AKART wrote:

{salamence} @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Att 252 Spd 6 HP
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang

A few notes: I'm not switching to Jolly and never will, because this Salamence has been in my team since Emerald and I will never replace it. NEVER!!!!! Anyway, this guy has incredible IVs, (HP Flying power 65-ish). Don't bother replacing Fire Fang with Fire Blast, because I won't do it. I've tried it with Fire Blast before, and it doesn't work in the Battle Tower.
Jumpluff uses Sleep Powder, then switches to Salamence, who uses Dragon Dance and then sweeps the foe all the way to Hell Tower Apex 20F.

Well, all my options you kinda already got the drop on... Life orb over sash if you want more power at the cost of insurance, and if you use the roserade with rain hydro pump is an option.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello, I love battling with personal favorites, and I lean toward the defensive side. My philosophy is: An attacking pokemon must have defenses to support its attack. I am an OU battler which works fine because I win about 2/3 games. : ) I like battling without too many restrictions (such as sleep clause because I think those types of things can be fair), so I'm just a wi-fi battler.
I DO NOT HAVE A SPECIFIC LEAD POKEMON. This team I use mostly for singles.

Togekiss@King's Rock
Bold, 252 hp, 252 Speed (can't remember evs too well)
Serene Grace

~~~
Roost
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Air Slash

I love Togekiss!!! This set works so amazingly well for me. : ) First, T-wave then air slash unless it's a bulky rock/steel/etc... then I use Aura Sphere. I use roost when I'm low on hp. This para-flinch make the opp. 30% likely to attack, unless the king's rock works with the air slash, then 25% about. Para-flinch speical sweeper, but mostly the flincher.

Mamoswine@Choice Band
Adamant, 252 att, 252 Sp.D
Oblivious

~~~
Avalanche
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Facade/Body Slam

Physical Sweeper, pretty much. I've fixed him up to look like this. I'm undecided between body slam and facade because I wasn't sure if he would be afflicted with a status problem. Facade has a 105 bp (choice band) and Body slam has about a 127 bp. He works well, but I didn't want to use stone edge because Smogon has that, and I want to have a less predictable team. If I always follow smogon can make pokes predictable. My philosophy (see first paragraph) gets in the way because he has 173 hp and 95 def. 1 supereffective hit usually brings him down.

Dusknoir@Lefovers
Impish, Not sure about Evs. 252 hp for sure and equal amounts in speed, and defenses.
Pressure

~~~
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp

I was debating, WoW or Toxic?... Offensive tank! Wait for lowish hp, then pain split. Wow if facing a physical attacker. Confuse Ray maybe, then night shade if not facing a normal type. Basic Strategy. Dusky is great and my favorite pokemon!!! He works well in anyone's team. : )

Metagross@Shell Bell (crappy item)
Adamant, 252 attack, 252 Sp.D
Clear Body

~~~
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Agility
Substitute

Physical sweeper. Sub, agility, then attack. I wasn't sure about the item. Maybe a stat booster? Choice items might work if I had a solid attacking set. He does get STAB on the attacks (base 140 on ZH and base 150 on MM). The shell bell is pretty suckish it seems.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold, 252 Def, 252 hp
Natural Cure

~~~
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Blissey works very well. She's my second favorite offensive tank. T-wave then seismic toss or ice beam depending on opponent. She has close to max defense and hp. Yayyyy! It's nice that I get to go first because of the slowing down caused by the T-wave. The Status curing by natural cure has really come in handy for toxic and paralysis.

[Edit] I changed Milotic's set, so I deleted the one above (which you won't see because I've deleted).
Milotic@Petaya Berry
Bold, 252 PlateDef, 252 Sp.A
Marvel Scale

~~~
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Sleep Talk
Rest

Milotic has a great ability! You can take advantage by resting when you're low on Hp and maybe even, since high defenses, activate the berry. I get a sp.A boost AND defense boost. He does a great job in the battle tower. I've started using him as my starter which works nicely. The only con is that sleep talk sometimes summons rest which sucks when you're sleeping, for it doesn't work. :wink:

Last edited by Jeneus on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I can finally submit my team lol.

This team will be for wifi (Although I've never actually played in it before). I don't have accessibility to Hidden Power, nor Platinum/XD/FRLG/RSE tutors.
Whenever I will wifi battle, it will be in the OU tier.
I expect the team to be fine, since I've spend literally days watching recorded wifi battles and looking at pokemon variations.

{bronzong}@Leftovers
Sassy - 252 HP 86 ATK 80 DEF 92 SpD
Levitate
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball

Bronzong serves as my lead. Setup SR, and possibly switch to Gengar to mess up with a possible rapid spin. If the opponent's lead doesnt have a rapid spin variation, I suppose I'll hang in there Gyro Balling speedy anti-leads instead of setting up SR. I'm open to switch explosion for earthquake but two other pokes already use it.

{gengar} @Expert Belt
Timid - 252 S. Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Levitate
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Gengar is my special sweeper and rapid spin-absorber. Hypnosis switch-ins, and pokes neutral to his attacks. I know Life Orb is better, but I gave it to Infernape. Facing psychic or dark I'll switch to Weavile. Bronzong is a better option for the common frail psychics (Alakazam/ Azelf)

{weavile} @Choice Band
Adamant - 40 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Pressure
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Shard

Weavile is my revenge killer and supports Gengar. 40 HP EVs let him survive Modest Azelf Flamethrower and a Modest SpecsStar Surf. Ice Shard over ice punch because of Aerodactyl outspeeding it and Dragons that are scarfed or used DD. Pursuit over Night Slash for those switches. Aerial Ace is open to switch to something else because fighting types arent much of a problem for the rest of my team. Facing Fighting, switch to Gengar, Gliscor, or Gyarados. Facing steel, switch to Bronzong, or Infernape and Gyarados if Bronzong is gone. Facing Rock is a problem but my best bet is to switch into gliscor or bronzong. I lol' at bugs and switch to maybe ANY of the other pokes. I chose Adamant over Jolly because it carries priority.

{gyarados} @Leftovers
Adamant - 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gyarados is my physical sweeper. It supports alot of my other pokemon so I try my best to keep it alive(Namely Weavile which Gyarados resists 4 of weavile's weaknesses). Against his weaknesses I'd switch to Gliscor.

{gliscor} @Leftovers
Impish - 252 HP 252 Def 4 Atk
Hyper Cutter
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gliscor is a possible lead, but most of the time a physical wall. As a lead, its speed, hp, and def allow it to tank Gyro Balls from common leads such as Forretress and Bronzong. I wanted Sand Veil as an ability, but this one's IV's were pretty good, so i kept it. Ice Fang gives it an opportunity to kill dragons along with Gyarados and Weavile.

{infernape} @Life Orb
Naive - 64 Atk 252 Sp Atk 192 Spe
Blaze
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Infernape is my late game mixed sweeper. Close Combat for flamethrower switch-ins like Blissey and Heatran. Yet, I suppose i may switch Close Combat for Vacuum Wave, which will destroy weakened scarfpokes that are already out. But if i do this, those atk investments will have to be reset and flamethrower will turn to fireblast to try and 2HKO blissey. Salamence resists these attacks, so ill have to get rid of him with Gyarados/Gliscor/Weavile before i switch nape in.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
Jeneus wrote:
Hello, I love battling with personal favorites, and I lean toward the defensive side. My philosophy is: An attacking pokemon must have defenses to support its attack. I am an OU battler which works fine because I win about 2/3 games. : ) I like battling without too many restrictions (such as sleep clause because I think those types of things can be fair), so I'm just a wi-fi battler.
I DO NOT HAVE A SPECIFIC LEAD POKEMON. This team I use mostly for singles.

Togekiss@King's Rock
Bold, 252 hp, 252 Speed (can't remember evs too well)
Serene Grace

~~~
Roost
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Air Slash

I love Togekiss!!! This set works so amazingly well for me. : ) First, T-wave then air slash unless it's a bulky rock/steel/etc... then I use Aura Sphere. I use roost when I'm low on hp. This para-flinch make the opp. 30% likely to attack, unless the king's rock works with the air slash, then 25% about. Para-flinch speical sweeper, but mostly the flincher.

Is togekiss your lead? There are quite a few other leads that'll disable it with sleep before it can attack. Also king's rock doesn't increase the flinch rate of moves that already flinch, though I'm not sure if serene grace will give a boosted flinch rate on aura sphere. I'd say use a lum berry. It'll keep sleep leads away and prevent kiss from being ruined by paralysis himself. EV wise if your 1st priority is paralyzing speed EVs aren't terribly needed and can go into def/Sdef for more bulk or S.atk for more damage.

Jeneus wrote:

Mamoswine@Choice Band
Adamant, 252 att, 252 Sp.D
Oblivious

~~~
Avalanche
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Facade/Body Slam

Physical Sweeper, pretty much. I've fixed him up to look like this. I'm undecided between body slam and facade because I wasn't sure if he would be afflicted with a status problem. Facade has a 105 bp (choice band) and Body slam has about a 127 bp. He works well, but I didn't want to use stone edge because Smogon has that, and I want to have a less predictable team. If I always follow smogon can make pokes predictable. My philosophy (see first paragraph) gets in the way because he has 173 hp and 95 def. 1 supereffective hit usually brings him down.

Looks good, those Sdef EVs can go into HP for more general bulk *though make sure the HP stat is odd for SR). Body slam I feel would be the better option as togekiss will love the paralysis as well as the rest of your team, since you have nothing terribly fast here and blissey and mitotic seem to absorb status well enough.

Jeneus wrote:

Dusknoir@Lefovers
Impish, Not sure about Evs. 252 hp for sure and equal amounts in speed, and defenses.
Pressure

~~~
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp

I was debating, WoW or Toxic?... Offensive tank! Wait for lowish hp, then pain split. Wow if facing a physical attacker. Confuse Ray maybe, then night shade if not facing a normal type. Basic Strategy. Dusky is great and my favorite pokemon!!! He works well in anyone's team. : )

I say WoW but use ice punch/brick break or Protect/Sub instead of confuse ray with it. Speed is pointless on him so perhaps 126 in each def for a mixed wall or lean into def as you have some good special walls already.

Jeneus wrote:

Metagross@Shell Bell (crappy item)
Adamant, 252 attack, 252 Sp.D
Clear Body

~~~
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Agility
Substitute

Physical sweeper. Sub, agility, then attack. I wasn't sure about the item. Maybe a stat booster? Choice items might work if I had a solid attacking set. He does get STAB on the attacks (base 140 on ZH and base 150 on MM). The shell bell is pretty suckish it seems.

You could run a sub+leichi berry on him for boosted attack (in which his HP will need to be divisible by 4) or leftovers. Move wise I'd keep one of the attacks and ditch the other for EQ or Thunder punch for better coverage. Meteor mash is probably the better one to keep, but Zheadbutt's flinch ain't bad on a agility set.

Jeneus wrote:

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold, 252 Def, 252 hp
Natural Cure

~~~
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Blissey works very well. She's my second favorite offensive tank. T-wave then seismic toss or ice beam depending on opponent. She has close to max defense and hp. Yayyyy! It's nice that I get to go first because of the slowing down caused by the T-wave. The Status curing by natural cure has really come in handy for toxic and paralysis.

Looks good.

Jeneus wrote:

[Edit] I changed Milotic's set, so I deleted the one above (which you won't see because I've deleted).
Milotic@Petaya Berry
Bold, 252 PlateDef, 252 Sp.A
Marvel Scale

~~~
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Sleep Talk
Rest

Milotic has a great ability! You can take advantage by resting when you're low on Hp and maybe even, since high defenses, activate the berry. I get a sp.A boost AND defense boost. He does a great job in the battle tower. I've started using him as my starter which works nicely. The only con is that sleep talk sometimes summons rest which sucks when you're sleeping, for it doesn't work. :wink:

Looks nice, but you may have trouble getting the berry activated, Leftovers or mystic water(216bp hydro pumps for the start are impressive) may suit it better. And yes this is a much better starter than togekiss.( though Lum is still a good option on him.)

Heracrossfan1337 I'll rate you tomorrow if no one beats me to it.Sorry, life has smacked me with a speeding ticket and more homework then I though I had, hopefully Thursday I'll have enough time to rate you. (though your team looks quite good at a glance)

Heracrossfan1337 wrote:
I can finally submit my team lol.

This team will be for wifi (Although I've never actually played in it before). I don't have accessibility to Hidden Power, nor Platinum/XD/FRLG/RSE tutors.
Whenever I will wifi battle, it will be in the OU tier.
I expect the team to be fine, since I've spend literally days watching recorded wifi battles and looking at pokemon variations.

{bronzong}@Leftovers
Sassy - 252 HP 86 ATK 80 DEF 92 SpD
Levitate
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball

Bronzong serves as my lead. Setup SR, and possibly switch to Gengar to mess up with a possible rapid spin. If the opponent's lead doesnt have a rapid spin variation, I suppose I'll hang in there Gyro Balling speedy anti-leads instead of setting up SR. I'm open to switch explosion for earthquake but two other pokes already use it.

I have to wonder about two users of hypnosis a bit, Gengar benefits from it a bit better as most people make their leads capable of handling sleep. You could always change that to a screen to help set up yourself post-explosion. Reflect would likely be the better of the two for your team.

Heracrossfan1337 wrote:

{gengar} @Expert Belt
Timid - 252 S. Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Levitate
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Gengar is my special sweeper and rapid spin-absorber. Hypnosis switch-ins, and pokes neutral to his attacks. I know Life Orb is better, but I gave it to Infernape. Facing psychic or dark I'll switch to Weavile. Bronzong is a better option for the common frail psychics (Alakazam/ Azelf)

Expert belt is ok, but it may benefit better from life orb. Or if you really want hypnosis to work a wide lens would help. Everything else is good.

Heracrossfan1337 wrote:

{weavile} @Choice Band
Adamant - 40 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Pressure
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Shard

Weavile is my revenge killer and supports Gengar. 40 HP EVs let him survive Modest Azelf Flamethrower and a Modest SpecsStar Surf. Ice Shard over ice punch because of Aerodactyl outspeeding it and Dragons that are scarfed or used DD. Pursuit over Night Slash for those switches. Aerial Ace is open to switch to something else because fighting types arent much of a problem for the rest of my team. Facing Fighting, switch to Gengar, Gliscor, or Gyarados. Facing steel, switch to Bronzong, or Infernape and Gyarados if Bronzong is gone. Facing Rock is a problem but my best bet is to switch into gliscor or bronzong. I lol' at bugs and switch to maybe ANY of the other pokes. I chose Adamant over Jolly because it carries priority.

Like the HP EVs. Can't really do much else on a choice band set over AA aside from ice punch/night slash. You could scratch the choice band for a expert belt and use swords dance there... or even use instead of the expert belt a nevermeltice to make ice shard 72BP (including STAB) for a faux SDlucario set :lol:

Heracrossfan1337 wrote:

{gyarados} @Leftovers
Adamant - 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gyarados is my physical sweeper. It supports alot of my other pokemon so I try my best to keep it alive(Namely Weavile which Gyarados resists 4 of weavile's weaknesses). Against his weaknesses I'd switch to Gliscor.

Looks good, good switch plan.

Heracrossfan1337 wrote:

{gliscor} @Leftovers
Impish - 252 HP 252 Def 4 Atk
Hyper Cutter
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gliscor is a possible lead, but most of the time a physical wall. As a lead, its speed, hp, and def allow it to tank Gyro Balls from common leads such as Forretress and Bronzong. I wanted Sand Veil as an ability, but this one's IV's were pretty good, so i kept it. Ice Fang gives it an opportunity to kill dragons along with Gyarados and Weavile.

I'd stick with bronzong for the lead spot, taunt isn't gonna help much with gliscor's so-so speed.(and you just just switch him in on the above leads and still pull taunt off well.) Since you already have ice on two others (with one being priority) you could use stone edge there for just as good coverage, more power, and still smack dragonite/salamence well.

Heracrossfan1337 wrote:

{infernape} @Life Orb
Naive - 64 Atk 252 Sp Atk 192 Spe
Blaze
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Infernape is my late game mixed sweeper. Close Combat for flamethrower switch-ins like Blissey and Heatran. Yet, I suppose i may switch Close Combat for Vacuum Wave, which will destroy weakened scarfpokes that are already out. But if i do this, those atk investments will have to be reset and flamethrower will turn to fireblast to try and 2HKO blissey. Salamence resists these attacks, so ill have to get rid of him with Gyarados/Gliscor/Weavile before i switch nape in.

I'd keep him mixed, as most will run for their special walls when nasty plot is used. Otherwise that's about the best option for a NP Infernape. (unless you really want to breed for a good HP ice <.<)

Team looks pretty good, but you may want to try and pull something to absorb status somewhere. SR can be hurtful but you got 4 pokes floating so spikes are no big issue.... and why isn't there a heracross here?!?!

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mono-Psychic team because I can. This team is for Shoddy and is an OU team. Unfortunately, I haven't played in so long, so I know little about the current metagame.

Madonna {jynx} (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Typical Jynx opener. Lovely Kiss because 75% chance to sleep is always nice. Then I set up with Sub + CM and then Ice Beam until she faints.
---
Shuriken {starmie} @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

My Rapid Spinner, with enough in defense and HP to survive some stuff. No Psychic attacks yet because I really don't need everyone to have it and would like some type coverage, especially T-Bolt to take care of Gyarados.
---
Mai Husbando {alakazam} (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Don't like Choice items, so I gave it Life Orb instead. This is my main Special Sweeper. Might change Signal Beam since Xatu has U-turn.
---
Dude, I Can See The Air {xatu} (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/44 Def/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Wish
- Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Heat Wave

Jirachi-Wannabe. Wish to heal, U-turn to give it to someone or if things start to go bad, and Heat Wave for type coverage and a "surprise" move. Can't decide on Psychic or Zen Headbutt, though.
---
The Berlin Wall {bronzong} @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis

EVs set to it has a low Speed as possible. My Stealth Rocker, and Hypnosis as a bonus as Jynx will likely be gone by now. Earthquake and Gyro Ball because...well yeah, it's kind of obvious.
---
I Miss The Rains Down In Africa {gallade} (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

My Physical Sweeper, and something so Dark Types don't destroy me team. Ice Punch for Salamence/Garchomp, and Life Orb for some extra damage incase of Intimidate from said Salamence. Night Slash for some more type coverage, because I just love type coverage.

I'm sure my team has its flaws. I don't have a Hazer/Phazer, and I don't have a solid revenge killer other than my physical and special sweeper.

Last edited by Sneaky Sneasel on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks Chef, and you're right about the status absorb. And the reason for no Heracross is that when I made mine I was too lazy to IV breed and now my Heracross has bad IVs. Sad Face.(Weavile has 31 Atk/Spe, Gyarados 31 spe and 30 spd, etc)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Woah... It's been a while since I've been on this site, and I come to find the Rating Thread completely cleaned. Nice idea, since it was up at around 50 pages before... but darn, they put up a new Rating Test too. Oh well, here's a team I've been working on. >_>

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly 6hp/252atk/252spd
Taunt
Protect
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Whenever I make a team, I always start with thinking up the lead instead of the finisher, and for this team I decided on Aerodactyl. Here, it's a prototypical suicide lead with Focus Sash to get my rocks in. However, the bit of originality I have with this set is forgoing an attack for Protect. Taunt just can't stop Choice Scarf-Trick leads, and Protect really, well, protects me from Trick and potential Choice users in general. Protect also gets me the upper hand against Fake Out leads. However, Taunt is just as crucial as Protect, stopping slower leads from setting up rocks, substitutes, etc. On turn 2, I'll most likely set up my own rocks and Aerodactyl's job is basically finished.
If my opponent is apparently scarfed and intends to stay in, I’ll just protect the 3rd turn. The last move is just for damage purposes just in case my opponent has a sashed user, which is still intact at this point. However, I’m a bit undecided on that attacking move: Stone Edge gets wonderful STAB and can really put a dent in anything before Aerodactyl leaves the battle, but Rock Slide has higher accuracy, and thus has a higher chance of breaking my opponent’s Focus Sash. Any other option that would be superior is welcomed too.
A wonderful surprise awaits if my opponent is locked into Trick. In this case, it is obvious that Aerodactyl won’t be able to lay down rocks. For now, I’ll just say that I would switch to Gengar. :)

Skarmory@Leftovers/Shed Shell
Sturdy
Impish 252hp/240def/16spd
Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

I tried putting a twist on the generic Skarmory, but unlike Aerodactyl, I just couldn’t find any other alternative moves that would fit my team better. There is almost absolutely nothing to explain this Skarmory: my main Physical Wall, Phazer, and Spiker. You can’t change much because these options in Roost, Spikes, and Whirlwind really makes Skarmory stand out.
Shed Shell is for Item Clause, so I do intend on keeping Leftovers as its primary item.

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
Sassy 240hp/52spAtk/216spDef
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Roar

I was able to put a twist on the usual Swampert however, and that comes in the form of its nature and EVs. Very few opponents would think about a specially-defensive Swampert, but that just makes the usual threats like Heatran, Gengar, and Grass-Knot-less Starmie look a lot less intimidating. This one can switch into fire and electric attacks thrown at Skarmory with impunity, assuming that those fire attacks are of the Special variety. Swampert also serves as my secondary phazer on this team to rack up Spikes and Stealth Rock damage. Having your main walls as phazers as well will cause some headaches in my opponent.
Without any form of healing, Swampert will go down quicker than I would want to. That is pretty much my problem with this right now.

Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant 32hp/252atk/224spd
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Brick Break

It’s odd to see a third scout on a team, but this is what I have in Scizor. I remember having X-Scissor in the third slot instead of U-Turn, but that means I absolutely have to save this until late game. However, U-Turn allows me to bring Scizor in midgame without revealing it as a Swords Dancer. I’ll most likely get a look at my opponent’s main Scizor counter, and I can U-Turn to an appropriate counter. Assuming that my opponent would be vulnerable to Scizor eventually, I can bring this back in late game and finish things up with Bullet Punch/Brick Break.

Gengar@Black Sludge
Levitate
Timid 6hp/252spAtk/252spd
Destiny Bond/Focus Blast/Substitute/Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Trick

Remember how I said I would switch in Gengar if Aerodactyl scouted out a Trick user? Well, here it is, and it can potentially screw up my opponent if they Trick their scarf onto me. Black Sludge will instantly screw my opponent, since none of the common Trick users is of the Poison type. With scarf in hand, Gengar can proceed to sweep with Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt, while still having the option of tricking that scarf back onto my opponent’s Blissey. However, this is just the best case scenario for Gengar, and will not happen more times than I would want to.
The next best case is nothing to scoff at either: having Blissey lose damage via Black Sludge isn’t as fatal as Choice Scarf, but it will greatly hinder its walling abilities.
I have some issues with the first move, however. With Scarf in hand, I can use Destiny Bond to pick off any offensive threat, while Focus Blast can provide me with extra type coverage. If I happen to get Leftovers from Blissey or just stick with Black Sludge, using Substitute on the switch can potentially get me out of a Pursuit-er. Your opinions?
And oh, this is also my Anti-Spinner. Yes, I know, Gengar isn’t the best choice for that, but it can counter Starmie nicely and, if I choose Energy Ball, Donphan as well.

Dugtrio@Choice Scarf
Arena Trap
Adamant 88hp/252atk/168spd
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash
Aerial Ace

The main purpose of Dugtrio was to get rid of Magnezone at first, but the idea of Choice Scarf made me wonder about the endless possibilities it can revenge kill, namely scarfCross, scarf-Heatran, scarf-Infernape… you get the rhythm. I probably won’t KO Tyranitar (haven’t ran damage calculations after rocks and 2 layers of Spikes), but Scizor is free to come in afterwards.

Some final comments on my team: no EQ weak, no Stone Edge/Stealth Rock weak [well, Aerodactyl is meant to die anyways]. Fire attacks can set me back a bit, but Dugtrio and Swampert can do a fine job to counter/revenge kill them. However, I do see some problems against teams that would carry more than one Fire type, which isn’t that rare. Special mention goes to Infernape, who can kill at least one of my team members before getting revenge-killed by Dugtrio. My team, even with Gengar and Dugtrio, is a bit slow for my liking. On paper, it also looks like I have a bulky-Water weakness. Any advice to patch these up is more than recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:
Mono-Psychic team because I can

Add a description for each poke and where you plan to use the team (wifi,shoddy,OU,UU). And I'll rate for ya.

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
Woah... It's been a while since I've been on this site, and I come to find the Rating Thread completely cleaned. Nice idea, since it was up at around 50 pages before... but darn, they put up a new Rating Test too. Oh well, here's a team I've been working on. >_>

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly 6hp/252atk/252spd
Taunt
Protect
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Whenever I make a team, I always start with thinking up the lead instead of the finisher, and for this team I decided on Aerodactyl. Here, it's a prototypical suicide lead with Focus Sash to get my rocks in. However, the bit of originality I have with this set is forgoing an attack for Protect. Taunt just can't stop Choice Scarf-Trick leads, and Protect really, well, protects me from Trick and potential Choice users in general. Protect also gets me the upper hand against Fake Out leads. However, Taunt is just as crucial as Protect, stopping slower leads from setting up rocks, substitutes, etc. On turn 2, I'll most likely set up my own rocks and Aerodactyl's job is basically finished.
If my opponent is apparently scarfed and intends to stay in, I’ll just protect the 3rd turn. The last move is just for damage purposes just in case my opponent has a sashed user, which is still intact at this point. However, I’m a bit undecided on that attacking move: Stone Edge gets wonderful STAB and can really put a dent in anything before Aerodactyl leaves the battle, but Rock Slide has higher accuracy, and thus has a higher chance of breaking my opponent’s Focus Sash. Any other option that would be superior is welcomed too.
A wonderful surprise awaits if my opponent is locked into Trick. In this case, it is obvious that Aerodactyl won’t be able to lay down rocks. For now, I’ll just say that I would switch to Gengar. :)

Wow, looks great. Between rock slide/stone edge I'd have to go with slide. Being his only attack, having edge's 8PP and 80% just sounds troublesome if you have to bring him in later in the game. Also with slide you can somewhat pressure stall with protect+flinch. You could also use Brick break to stomp TTar or Fire fang to hurt abamasnow (who isn't common but will blizzard+hail you for a quick KO)

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Skarmory@Leftovers/Shed Shell
Sturdy
Impish 252hp/240def/16spd
Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

I tried putting a twist on the generic Skarmory, but unlike Aerodactyl, I just couldn’t find any other alternative moves that would fit my team better. There is almost absolutely nothing to explain this Skarmory: my main Physical Wall, Phazer, and Spiker. You can’t change much because these options in Roost, Spikes, and Whirlwind really makes Skarmory stand out.
Shed Shell is for Item Clause, so I do intend on keeping Leftovers as its primary item.

Looks good. (is it me or are people slowly making their skarmorys faster and faster?)

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
Sassy 240hp/52spAtk/216spDef
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Roar

I was able to put a twist on the usual Swampert however, and that comes in the form of its nature and EVs. Very few opponents would think about a specially-defensive Swampert, but that just makes the usual threats like Heatran, Gengar, and Grass-Knot-less Starmie look a lot less intimidating. This one can switch into fire and electric attacks thrown at Skarmory with impunity, assuming that those fire attacks are of the Special variety. Swampert also serves as my secondary phazer on this team to rack up Spikes and Stealth Rock damage. Having your main walls as phazers as well will cause some headaches in my opponent.
Without any form of healing, Swampert will go down quicker than I would want to. That is pretty much my problem with this right now.

Like the S.def spread. You could make him a rest-talker to wall better as well as giving your team a way to take status better, however it will limit his versatility quite a bit.

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant 32hp/252atk/224spd
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Brick Break

It’s odd to see a third scout on a team, but this is what I have in Scizor. I remember having X-Scissor in the third slot instead of U-Turn, but that means I absolutely have to save this until late game. However, U-Turn allows me to bring Scizor in midgame without revealing it as a Swords Dancer. I’ll most likely get a look at my opponent’s main Scizor counter, and I can U-Turn to an appropriate counter. Assuming that my opponent would be vulnerable to Scizor eventually, I can bring this back in late game and finish things up with Bullet Punch/Brick Break.

Looks ok, so long as you can get his counters and pokes that resist bug/fight/steel (Gyarados, Zapdos, Rotom-A, Shedinja) out of the way he'll do great late game.

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Gengar@Black Sludge
Levitate
Timid 6hp/252spAtk/252spd
Destiny Bond/Focus Blast/Substitute/Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Trick

Remember how I said I would switch in Gengar if Aerodactyl scouted out a Trick user? Well, here it is, and it can potentially screw up my opponent if they Trick their scarf onto me. Black Sludge will instantly screw my opponent, since none of the common Trick users is of the Poison type. With scarf in hand, Gengar can proceed to sweep with Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt, while still having the option of tricking that scarf back onto my opponent’s Blissey. However, this is just the best case scenario for Gengar, and will not happen more times than I would want to.
The next best case is nothing to scoff at either: having Blissey lose damage via Black Sludge isn’t as fatal as Choice Scarf, but it will greatly hinder its walling abilities.
I have some issues with the first move, however. With Scarf in hand, I can use Destiny Bond to pick off any offensive threat, while Focus Blast can provide me with extra type coverage. If I happen to get Leftovers from Blissey or just stick with Black Sludge, using Substitute on the switch can potentially get me out of a Pursuit-er. Your opinions?
And oh, this is also my Anti-Spinner. Yes, I know, Gengar isn’t the best choice for that, but it can counter Starmie nicely and, if I choose Energy Ball, Donphan as well.

I see two issues with the trick switch-in. 1. Personally I've never seen a person attempt trick twice consecutively, usually they just switch out and give you the haunt of knowing you can't set a wall on them throughout the battle. 2. Using Black sludge for trick-bait can backfire later on, as I'm sure your swampert will not like it being tricked on him either. Tricking the sludge on to something like blissey is fine, but a toxic orb could do better esp. when pokes do aim to OHKO 4HP gengar sets, making sludge kinda pointless on him. (but the orb isn't great trick bait either and screws you when tricking a poison/steel >.>) For moves I'd go with focus blast for coverage and to hit magnet rise magenzone.

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Dugtrio@Choice Scarf
Arena Trap
Adamant 88hp/252atk/168spd
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash
Aerial Ace

The main purpose of Dugtrio was to get rid of Magnezone at first, but the idea of Choice Scarf made me wonder about the endless possibilities it can revenge kill, namely scarfCross, scarf-Heatran, scarf-Infernape… you get the rhythm. I probably won’t KO Tyranitar (haven’t ran damage calculations after rocks and 2 layers of Spikes), but Scizor is free to come in afterwards.

Looks great, maybe pursuit over night slash to get gengar and other levitaters as they run.

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Some final comments on my team: no EQ weak, no Stone Edge/Stealth Rock weak [well, Aerodactyl is meant to die anyways]. Fire attacks can set me back a bit, but Dugtrio and Swampert can do a fine job to counter/revenge kill them. However, I do see some problems against teams that would carry more than one Fire type, which isn’t that rare. Special mention goes to Infernape, who can kill at least one of my team members before getting revenge-killed by Dugtrio. My team, even with Gengar and Dugtrio, is a bit slow for my liking. On paper, it also looks like I have a bulky-Water weakness. Any advice to patch these up is more than recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Overall you team looks very good, A rest-talk or wish vaporeon over swampert may help with water types while still being a good tanker, and dugtrio can come in on his electric weakness easily. Can't really recommend much for infernape other than trying to kill it quickly :lol:

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have devised a team for my DS WiFi team. It has performed well, but I don't really know how much was skill, luck, or just really crappy players. It is also meant to play in the OU tier.
Yanmega@Wise Glasses
Speed Boost
Modest Nature Ev's 4 Defense /252 Special Attack /252 Speed
Protect
Air Slash
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power [Ground]

My lead, I protect to get in a speed boost and to see what my opponent does. Then I proceed to attack them with everything Yanmega has to offer. I am thinking about switching Wise Glasses for Life Orb or Focus Sash to try and get more bang for my Yanmega Buck.

Infernape@Life Orb
Blaze
Naive Nature Ev's 64 Attack /252 Special Attack /192 Speed
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Hidden Power [Ice]

Just a standard all out attack MixApe. I like to use him on most pokemon such as Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Salamence because with Close Combat scoring 4x weakness on T-Tar, and Hidden Power Ice deals with the dragons. Also Grass Knot is there to deal with the likes of Swampert and Rhperior. Flamethrower is there to deal with pesky Skarmorys and Scizors. Also destroys Blissey with relative ease. (by that I mean destroys the sucker)

Skarmory@Sharp Beak
Keen Eye
Impish Nature Ev's 252 HP /64 Attack /176 Defense /16 Speed
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

First off I know I know what am I thinking with the Sharp Beak!?!?!?! The answer is I don't really know. Anyway my physical wall lay down a layer of spikes (or possibly two if I can) and whirlwind away to cause damage to my opponents other pokemon and call in a switch at times when it is necessary. I like to use Roost because it gets rid off Skarm's nasty Electric weakness for a turn. Brave Bird is there for when Skarmory must attack when it falls victim to a taunt or something like that.

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Guts
Jolly Nature Ev's 252 Attack /6 Defense /252 Speed
Megahorn
Close Combat
Night Slash
Stone Edge

Just basically a revenge killer, outspeeds most things can tear down Blissey, she has helped me out alot in my past battles and I can't think to have a team without her. Megahorn is there for STAB (though ripping through Alakazam and Azelf is an added bonus) Close Combat deals with T-tar, Blissey, Weavile and the likes. Night Slash is to handle those pesky ghosts like Gengar, and Rotom. Stone Edge is there for Gyrados, Salamence, and anything else weak to rock type moves.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold Nature Ev's 188 HP /252 Defense /68 Speed
Wish
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect

I won't necessarily call this thing my special wall, because its Defense and Special Defense are about the same. This is some wish support for some of my pokemon that I can switch and know will be able to survive the hit I am sending them into, also to stall for time, and wish support some of my weaker pokes if my prediction skills are correct. Surf deals with some common fire and ground types. Plus being quite bulky and not super weak to grass knot is an added bonus.

Electivire@Expert Belt
Motor Drive
Adamant Nature Ev's 4 HP /252 Attack /252 Speed
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

A physical sweeper I generally like to switch this guy into an electric attack to take advantage of motor drive, expert belt boosts the power of the moves that are super effective (some of which are 4x weak to some moves and they are quite common). Thunder Punch is there for standard STAB and deal with those weak to it. Ice Punch is there for Dragons and OU bugs such as Yanmega and Ninjask. Earthquake to deal with Fire, and Steel types. I opt for Brick Break instead of Cross Chop just in case my opponent decides to use reflect on me, plus I like to go for accuracy over power.

I also have two other pokemon that I like to switch into my team every now and then to take the place of Yanmega, and Electivire. It is also a strategy that MasterChef is familiar with.

Ninjask@Liechi Berry
Speed Boost
Bold Nature (I know very silly) Ev's umm I can't remember its been so long and I usually wright them down lol.
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Substitute
Protect

This thing is to just to set up for my last pokemon. I use substitute to activate the Liechi berry. I use protect to ensure a couple of speed boosts. Throw in a swords dance if I can and then baton pass to my last pokemon.

Garchomp (lovingly referred to as Garchump)@Focus Sash
Sand Veil
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang

With the attack and speed boosts from Ninjask this thing is God. Crunch tears through psychichs. Dragon Claw is there for STAB and rips through its fellow dragons and any other pokemon that doesn't resist it. Earthquake you know what its there for. Fire Fang likes to mess up pesky skarmorys.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

MasterChef wrote:
Sneaky Sneasel wrote:
Mono-Psychic team because I can

Add a description for each poke and where you plan to use the team (wifi,shoddy,OU,UU). And I'll rate for ya.

Whoops, sorry about that.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:30 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry, Life been a bit hectic lately, shinashu taji I'll get yours either later today or tomorrow morning.

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:
Mono-Psychic team because I can. This team is for Shoddy and is an OU team. Unfortunately, I haven't played in so long, so I know little about the current metagame.

Madonna {jynx} (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Typical Jynx opener. Lovely Kiss because 75% chance to sleep is always nice. Then I set up with Sub + CM and then Ice Beam until she faints.

I don't see Jynx working as a lead in OU unless it has either has a scarf, (which it can trick) or a focus sash. Sub can be nice if your faster then the opponent's lead but CM is kinda wasted on just one attack and with a frail 35 def stat. Counter(with sash) or Trick(with scarf) will do well. Or you can try copycat to set up a surprise SR or Sub+copycat ninjask's baton pass..

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

---
Shuriken {starmie} @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/156 Def/216 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

My Rapid Spinner, with enough in defense and HP to survive some stuff. No Psychic attacks yet because I really don't need everyone to have it and would like some type coverage, especially T-Bolt to take care of Gyarados.

Looks good.

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

---
Mai Husbando {alakazam} (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Don't like Choice items, so I gave it Life Orb instead. This is my main Special Sweeper. Might change Signal Beam since Xatu has U-turn.

Looks ok, you got two sleepers than can help set CM up, HP fire may be better over signal beam to ruin scizors and deal a chunk to metagross on a switch in. Also a Ghost-resist berry can allow him to set up a CM on about any un-boosted ghost attack and can help with your team's blatant weakness to it.

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

---
Dude, I Can See The Air {xatu} (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/44 Def/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Wish
- Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Heat Wave

Jirachi-Wannabe. Wish to heal, U-turn to give it to someone or if things start to go bad, and Heat Wave for type coverage and a "surprise" move. Can't decide on Psychic or Zen Headbutt, though.

I'd stick with zheadbutt over psychic. Though since you have so many leftovers here you can opt for an expert belt or even a choice band to deal more damage as it's un EV'd attack is kinda laughable.

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

---
The Berlin Wall {bronzong} @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis

EVs set to it has a low Speed as possible. My Stealth Rocker, and Hypnosis as a bonus as Jynx will likely be gone by now. Earthquake and Gyro Ball because...well yeah, it's kind of obvious.

Yup, it's a Bronzong. Surprised it's not the lead though.

---
Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

I Miss The Rains Down In Africa {gallade} (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

My Physical Sweeper, and something so Dark Types don't destroy me team. Ice Punch for Salamence/Garchomp, and Life Orb for some extra damage incase of Intimidate from said Salamence. Night Slash for some more type coverage, because I just love type coverage.

Looks standard. Perhaps a salac+sub over LO and night slash to make him a bigger stat boosted threat with a bit less coverage.

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

I'm sure my team has its flaws. I don't have a Hazer/Phazer, and I don't have a solid revenge killer other than my physical and special sweeper.

Yup, but most mono-teams do. I think latias is OU now w/o souldew. She's the only psychic that can learn a Roar/whirlwind move and can replace xatu. Latias also gets psycho shift which can help you team deal with status.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shinashu taji wrote:
I have devised a team for my DS WiFi team. It has performed well, but I don't really know how much was skill, luck, or just really crappy players. It is also meant to play in the OU tier.
Yanmega@Wise Glasses
Speed Boost
Modest Nature Ev's 4 Defense /252 Special Attack /252 Speed
Protect
Air Slash
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power [Ground]

My lead, I protect to get in a speed boost and to see what my opponent does. Then I proceed to attack them with everything Yanmega has to offer. I am thinking about switching Wise Glasses for Life Orb or Focus Sash to try and get more bang for my Yanmega Buck.

What power is HP ground? if it's above 60 it should be good, otherwise mud slap may be preferred(low damage but accuracy drops can be nice w/ protect.) Life orb could do you better but only if the HP is powerful. Rest is good.

shinashu taji wrote:

Infernape@Life Orb
Blaze
Naive Nature Ev's 64 Attack /252 Special Attack /192 Speed
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Hidden Power [Ice]

Just a standard all out attack MixApe. I like to use him on most pokemon such as Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Salamence because with Close Combat scoring 4x weakness on T-Tar, and Hidden Power Ice deals with the dragons. Also Grass Knot is there to deal with the likes of Swampert and Rhperior. Flamethrower is there to deal with pesky Skarmorys and Scizors. Also destroys Blissey with relative ease. (by that I mean destroys the sucker)

Once again since this is wi-fi I have to ask the strength of HP ice. If it's strong then the set is good otherwise use stone edge to smack flyers and dragons.

shinashu taji wrote:

Skarmory@Sharp Beak
Keen Eye
Impish Nature Ev's 252 HP /64 Attack /176 Defense /16 Speed
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

First off I know I know what am I thinking with the Sharp Beak!?!?!?! The answer is I don't really know. Anyway my physical wall lay down a layer of spikes (or possibly two if I can) and whirlwind away to cause damage to my opponents other pokemon and call in a switch at times when it is necessary. I like to use Roost because it gets rid off Skarm's nasty Electric weakness for a turn. Brave Bird is there for when Skarmory must attack when it falls victim to a taunt or something like that.

Sharp beak ain't horrible if your playing by item clause, but shed shell has a better use. Otherwise leftovers go there. The rest looks good. I'm now waiting for someone to now post a 20spd skarmony :lol:

shinashu taji wrote:

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Guts
Jolly Nature Ev's 252 Attack /6 Defense /252 Speed
Megahorn
Close Combat
Night Slash
Stone Edge

Just basically a revenge killer, outspeeds most things can tear down Blissey, she has helped me out alot in my past battles and I can't think to have a team without her. Megahorn is there for STAB (though ripping through Alakazam and Azelf is an added bonus) Close Combat deals with T-tar, Blissey, Weavile and the likes. Night Slash is to handle those pesky ghosts like Gengar, and Rotom. Stone Edge is there for Gyrados, Salamence, and anything else weak to rock type moves.

If only it didn't have choice scarf... :frustrated:

Megahorn, despite being stab has only 85%acc and night slash covers everything is does outside the uncommon grass. You could use Pursuit there to catch pokes trying to escape or sleep talk to let it catch sleep moves and activate guts.

shinashu taji wrote:

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold Nature Ev's 188 HP /252 Defense /68 Speed
Wish
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect

I won't necessarily call this thing my special wall, because its Defense and Special Defense are about the same. This is some wish support for some of my pokemon that I can switch and know will be able to survive the hit I am sending them into, also to stall for time, and wish support some of my weaker pokes if my prediction skills are correct. Surf deals with some common fire and ground types. Plus being quite bulky and not super weak to grass knot is an added bonus.

Looks good, no problems here.

shinashu taji wrote:

Electivire@Expert Belt
Motor Drive
Adamant Nature Ev's 4 HP /252 Attack /252 Speed
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

A physical sweeper I generally like to switch this guy into an electric attack to take advantage of motor drive, expert belt boosts the power of the moves that are super effective (some of which are 4x weak to some moves and they are quite common). Thunder Punch is there for standard STAB and deal with those weak to it. Ice Punch is there for Dragons and OU bugs such as Yanmega and Ninjask. Earthquake to deal with Fire, and Steel types. I opt for Brick Break instead of Cross Chop just in case my opponent decides to use reflect on me, plus I like to go for accuracy over power.

Good, Only thing I can suggest is perhaps quick attack over BB, as at least one priority move is good on a team and infernape is unwise for the job due to life orb. You get complete coverage from the first three moves anyways.

shinashu taji wrote:

I also have two other pokemon that I like to switch into my team every now and then to take the place of Yanmega, and Electivire. It is also a strategy that MasterChef is familiar with.

Ninjask@Liechi Berry
Speed Boost
Bold Nature (I know very silly) Ev's umm I can't remember its been so long and I usually wright them down lol.
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Substitute
Protect

This thing is to just to set up for my last pokemon. I use substitute to activate the Liechi berry. I use protect to ensure a couple of speed boosts. Throw in a swords dance if I can and then baton pass to my last pokemon.

Jolly nature or really any plus speed nature. 80spd, enough HP to make it divisible by 4, rest into atk.

Looks good for setting up, Sub+protect is a little much and leaves ninjask without an attack. however both together does give both status and trick protection.... hmm

shinashu taji wrote:

Garchomp (lovingly referred to as Garchump)@Focus Sash
Sand Veil
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang

With the attack and speed boosts from Ninjask this thing is God. Crunch tears through psychichs. Dragon Claw is there for STAB and rips through its fellow dragons and any other pokemon that doesn't resist it. Earthquake you know what its there for. Fire Fang likes to mess up pesky skarmorys.

Looks good for getting ninjask's boosts.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My Yanmega's Hidden Power Strength is 60-65 and Infernape's is the same as well. I can't exactly remember the exact power but I know for certain its in that range. Also my Yanmega has a secret ability and by that I mean he can switch into stealth rocks twice seeing how his HP isn't divisible by two.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:53 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

hey i fixed up meh team a bit. Its still for battle revolution. I dont know how the ninjsk is, cuase i havent tried it yet. I've recently been looking up more standard pokemon than my last team, which REALLY stunk. Once again, please keep in mind that entry hazards DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT come up in PBR. This is because of how short the battles are. Anyway, let us begin!

Azelf@focus sash
Ability:levatate
nature:calm
EVs:252 speed, 252 atk 6 hp
moveset:
Taunt
Stealth rock
Explosion
Psychic
This is as standard as it can get, i think, except for the EVs. Use is pretty simple, use stealth rock on first turn. However, if i suspect the foe to use a non-attacking move, I use taunt. After that explode, or, if i can get the ohko, use psychic.

Breloom@muscle band
Ability:effect spore (this was from sapphire, so no poison heal)
nature:adamant
Evs: 252 atk 252 spd 6 def
moveset:
leech seed
substitute
seed bomb
focus punch
Once again, standard. leech seed on first turn it's out. Then sub up and prepare to sweep. Focus punch is extremely powerful and can easily get the OHKO on many a pokemon. plus, factor in STAB, and this move is as powerfull as hell coming from a breloom.

Salamence@choice specs
ability:intimidate
nature:hasty
evs: sp.atk 252, spd 252 6 hp
moveset:
dragon pulse
hydro pump
flamethrower
draco meteor
This thing is an offensive beast. This is actually my fastest pokemon, so it can get a lot of ko's before being knocked out. dragon pulse and draco metoer for STAB. Draco metoer is here for in case I need some extra oomph. hydro pump and flamethrower are good moves too. This thing, being fast, can come in for a revenge kill.

Electivire@expert belt
ability:motor drive
nature: adamant
evs 255 atk 255 spd
moveset
earthquake
ice punch
thunder punch
cross chop
This electivire can switch in after articuno and hopefully get a motor drive boost. I have expert belt because this electivire hits 13 of the 17 types, which is VERY good. I was thinking of replacing expert belt with choice band for some extra oomph, Thoughts?

Articuno@leftovers
ability: pressure
nature:quiet
evs 252 hp 252 def 6 sp.def
moveset
ice beam
roost
roar
reflect
Contrary to popular beleif, this is a good wall. Roar is for phazing and stealth rock damage. roost for healing, ice beam for stab and a good attacking move. reflect is here to help my defensivly weak team.

Ninjask@atk-raising berry(i forgot the name)
ability:speed boost
evs 252 speed 252 atk 6 hp
moves
substitute
swords dance
x-scissor
baton pass
This is for a baton passer. sub- up until i get the boost from the berry. X-cissor for good stab and an attacking move. do that and baton pass to either brelom or electivire. pretty standard, i think.

OK guys, thanks in advance for the rate! I hope this team is a lot better than my last one.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:56 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Torterra (SubSeeder) - ( though i would prefer sceptile or venusaur to do the job , but i currently lost my FR and Emerald version )
Substitute
Stone Edge
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

Salamence (Physical Sweeper) -
Aqua Tail
Fire Punch
Draco Meteor
Roost

Aerodacytl (Spiker) -
Roar / Whirlwind
Stealth Rock
Ice Fang
Aeriel Ace

Metagross (Tank) -
Toxic
Protect
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake

Dusknoir (Annoyer) -
Confuse Ray
Will O Wisp
Thunder Punch
Shadow Punch

Gallade (Annoyer) -
Hypnosis
Night Slash
Focus Punch / Close Combat
ThunderWave

I apologize for my post at the battle tower as I have problem posting thread .

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay so I'm relatively new to the DPP generation of pokes, so I've made a team with only 1st - 3rd gens because I'm too familiar with the 4th gens. I tested this team out on Shoddy Battle today (Smogon server) and it seems to perform pretty well (went 7 - 1). However, if any 4th gen pokes would do better, please do tell me how I can improve my team. This is what I have right now:

{forretress} @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Spikes

Okay so this guy is my lead, because of his physical beastliness and his resistances to A LOT of types (and only one weakness too). He can easily set up multiple layers of spikes (and rapid spin stealth rocks and spikes as well). The Gyro Ball is in there to cripple those common speedy lead pokemon like Weavile, Aerodactyl, and Gengar. A STABed Gyro Ball with a speed stat of 76 has GOT to hurt. I was thinking about replacing Explosion with something else (maybe Earthquake) as I haven't really found a good use for it.

{blissey} @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
176 HP / 232 Def / 102 SDef
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Stealth Rock
Softboiled

The Bliss is pretty self-explanatory; it walls special attacks, and cripples fast pokemon with T-Wave. I didn't max out the Def EVs because I wanted to save some for Special Defense, in order to increase its Special bulkiness. Blissey is pretty tank, so the Stealth Rock set-up should be pretty easy.

{starmie} @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Natural Cure
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Trick

It's ONLY one of the best special sweepers in the game. I decided to Scarf it so it could outrun Salamences, Dragonites, and Gyarados using Dragon Dance and easily kill them with Ice Beam / T-Bolt. The Trick is there just for fun; it pisses people off when you screw up their set-ups by Tricking a Choice item to them (especially annoying when used against walls).

{salamence} @ Life Orb
Naughty / Intimidate
232 Atk / 24 SAtk / 252 Spd
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Earthquake

Personally, I don't see a difference between 400 Attack and 405 Attack. This one's pretty self-explanatory as well; classic Mence with a bit of Special backup. The Fire Blast (with the 24 SAtk EVs) is there to cripple Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, and other annoying Steel types that resist / neutral the EQ / Outrage combination. I can't really decide between FB and Flamethrower. Fire Blast has a lot more power, but I don't know if I can trust that 85% accuracy; Flamethrower might not be able to OHKO, but it does have 100% accuracy.

{swampert} @ Leftovers
Impish / Torrent
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Stone Edge / Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Protect

A Classic example of beastly physical bulky water. 306 Defense and 404 HP is pretty hard to get through. With 257 Atk, Swampert's STABed Earthquake does a considerable amount of damage as well. Avalanche is in there to cripple flying and dragon types who think they can wear Swampy down, (it kills Mence really badly), as it is pretty difficult to OHKO this bulky Swampert. I can't really decide between Stone Edge and Waterfall. Waterfall is a STABed 80 damage move (the boost from Torrent may come in handy too), but without Stone Edge Swampert is defenseless against Gyarados (although Avalanche might work...). Sadly, Swampy dies to Special Grass-type moves (216 SDef but 4x weakness), especially Grass Knot, which hits pretty darn hard. I have Protect in there in order to scout out moves, especially the Special Grass-type ones that would easily KO Swampy.

{breloom} @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Poison Heal
40 HP / 252 Atk / 218 Spd
Spore
Substitute
Seed Bomb
Focus Punch

Another self-explanatory Pokemon moveset. I mean, Spore is ONLY the best sleep-inducing move in the game. Sub is there for obvious reasons (for recovery), just in case opponents do happen to wake up. Breloom hits hard with the STABed 150 damage Focus Punch (225 damage O_O), and the Egg bomb is really there as a filler to hit random Water and Ground types...

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I was considering replacing the Breloom with Heracross or Lucario. Also, I was thinking maybe having a Dusknoir as a tank instead of Swampert as it can block Rapid Spins, and has minimal weaknesses (no 4x grass weakness). Also, I noticed today that I don't have any good Machamp counters. 405 Defense is darn hard to get through, although it only has a maximum of 294 HP. As I've said before, I'm not too familiar with the 4th gen pokes, so any help would be appreciated.

The Heracross would just be your everyday ordinary Scarf/Band, and Lucario would more than likely be Scarfed with Crunch to take out pesky Ghosts and Starmie. Dusknoir would use the classic 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef spread, with two punches, Pain Split, and WoW.

Last edited by FrozenVirus on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lugia>>>you and Frozenvirus I'll rate you guys tomorrow when I have time. (unless another rater beats me to it)

SceptileRulez I or another rater will rate you once you add a summary for each poke.

Luna... Read the 1st post.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:00 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

MasterChef wrote:
Lugia>>>you and Frozenvirus I'll rate you guys tomorrow when I have time. (unless another rater beats me to it)

SceptileRulez I or another rater will rate you once you add a summary for each poke.

Luna... Read the 1st post.

aight, thanks

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lugia>>>you wrote:
hey i fixed up meh team a bit. Its still for battle revolution. I dont know how the ninjsk is, cuase i havent tried it yet. I've recently been looking up more standard pokemon than my last team, which REALLY stunk. Once again, please keep in mind that entry hazards DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT come up in PBR. This is because of how short the battles are. Anyway, let us begin!

Azelf@focus sash
Ability:levatate
nature:calm
EVs:252 speed, 252 atk 6 hp
moveset:
Taunt
Stealth rock
Explosion
Psychic
This is as standard as it can get, i think, except for the EVs. Use is pretty simple, use stealth rock on first turn. However, if i suspect the foe to use a non-attacking move, I use taunt. After that explode, or, if i can get the ohko, use psychic.

As you mentioned in the top SR isn't seen on PBR. Mostly since battle are too short to be used effectively. Using it is fine but you can run fire blast or T-bolt over it to hit steels. Also a timid nature would be best.

lugia>>>you wrote:

Breloom@muscle band
Ability:effect spore (this was from sapphire, so no poison heal)
nature:adamant
Evs: 252 atk 252 spd 6 def
moveset:
leech seed
substitute
seed bomb
focus punch
Once again, standard. leech seed on first turn it's out. Then sub up and prepare to sweep. Focus punch is extremely powerful and can easily get the OHKO on many a pokemon. plus, factor in STAB, and this move is as powerfull as hell coming from a breloom.

I believe 212 spd is enough to outspeed any major threat to him if his EV is 31. Toxic heal is much better on a sub/punch set, as effect spore does nothing when your behind a sub. Otherwise good. A black belt can put a bit more power into focus punch at the cost of losing a bit from seed bomb.

lugia>>>you wrote:

Salamence@choice specs
ability:intimidate
nature:hasty
evs: sp.atk 252, spd 252 6 hp
moveset:
dragon pulse
hydro pump
flamethrower
draco meteor
This thing is an offensive beast. This is actually my fastest pokemon, so it can get a lot of ko's before being knocked out. dragon pulse and draco metoer for STAB. Draco metoer is here for in case I need some extra oomph. hydro pump and flamethrower are good moves too. This thing, being fast, can come in for a revenge kill.

Hasty is ok, but Naive will help him make more use of intimidate. and since atk. isn't being hindered, trade out dragon pulse for Outrage/EQ to smack through s.walls the he may come in on.

lugia>>>you wrote:

Electivire@expert belt
ability:motor drive
evs 255 atk 255 spd
moveset
earthquake
ice punch
thunder punch
cross chop
This electivire can switch in after articuno and hopefully get a motor drive boost. I have expert belt because this electivire hits 13 of the 17 types, which is VERY good. I was thinking of replacing expert belt with choice band for some extra oomph, Thoughts?

Looks ok, Low kick and Brick break are other options for cross chop. Expert belt is sufficient.

lugia>>>you wrote:

Articuno@leftovers
ability: pressure
nature:quiet
evs 252 hp 252 def 6 sp.def
moveset
ice beam
roost
roar
reflect
Contrary to popular beleif, this is a good wall. Roar is for phazing and stealth rock damage. roost for healing, ice beam for stab and a good attacking move. reflect is here to help my defensivly weak team.

Calm nature here. he can wall well, but any rock/Stab electric attack will slay him. Moveset is good for what it does. Roar, along with SR isn't terribly useful in PBR and can be replaced with substitute to run a Subroost set, which is great for pressure stalling. Toxic can also go over reflect to help subroost.

lugia>>>you wrote:

Ninjask@atk-raising berry(i forgot the name)
ability:speed boost
evs 252 speed 252 atk 6 hp
moves
substitute
swords dance
x-scissor
baton pass
This is for a baton passer. sub- up until i get the boost from the berry. X-cissor for good stab and an attacking move. do that and baton pass to either brelom or electivire. pretty standard, i think.

Here's the problem with ninjask in PBR. Your opponent sees him before the match, so they can and will bring with them something that can defuse him. Since his job is so narrow but so threatening. however likewise that can ease prediction on your part as you'll know that a poke like skarmory is much more likely to be used. Jolly nature is preferred to say above some scarfed pokes. Rest looks good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FrozenVirus wrote:
Okay so I'm relatively new to the DPP generation of pokes, so I've made a team with only 1st - 3rd gens because I'm too familiar with the 4th gens. I tested this team out on Shoddy Battle today (Smogon server) and it seems to perform pretty well (went 7 - 1). However, if any 4th gen pokes would do better, please do tell me how I can improve my team. This is what I have right now:

{forretress} @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Spikes

Okay so this guy is my lead, because of his physical beastliness and his resistances to A LOT of types (and only one weakness too). He can easily set up multiple layers of spikes (and rapid spin stealth rocks and spikes as well). The Gyro Ball is in there to cripple those common speedy lead pokemon like Weavile, Aerodactyl, and Gengar. A STABed Gyro Ball with a speed stat of 76 has GOT to hurt. I was thinking about replacing Explosion with something else (maybe Earthquake) as I haven't really found a good use for it.

Looks great, Leave explosion there as he's trickbait so he'll be able to do something useful when you bring him back in. Macho brace may be used to allow gyro ball (with no speed IVs) to hit anything above 198 with 100bp and 297+speed with 150 if you looking for power. Though EQ will kill off magenzone and would probably go best over rapid spin, as I don't think a lot of people will set up hazards on a spinner.

FrozenVirus wrote:

{blissey} @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
176 HP / 232 Def / 102 SDef
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Stealth Rock
Softboiled

The Bliss is pretty self-explanatory; it walls special attacks, and cripples fast pokemon with T-Wave. I didn't max out the Def EVs because I wanted to save some for Special Defense, in order to increase its Special bulkiness. Blissey is pretty tank, so the Stealth Rock set-up should be pretty easy.

Looks good, like the s.def EV's just keep her away from any physical attacks.

FrozenVirus wrote:

{starmie} @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Natural Cure
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Trick

It's ONLY one of the best special sweepers in the game. I decided to Scarf it so it could outrun Salamences, Dragonites, and Gyarados using Dragon Dance and easily kill them with Ice Beam / T-Bolt. The Trick is there just for fun; it pisses people off when you screw up their set-ups by Tricking a Choice item to them (especially annoying when used against walls).

**thumbs up**

FrozenVirus wrote:

{salamence} @ Life Orb
Naughty / Intimidate
232 Atk / 24 SAtk / 252 Spd
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Earthquake

Personally, I don't see a difference between 400 Attack and 405 Attack. This one's pretty self-explanatory as well; classic Mence with a bit of Special backup. The Fire Blast (with the 24 SAtk EVs) is there to cripple Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, and other annoying Steel types that resist / neutral the EQ / Outrage combination. I can't really decide between FB and Flamethrower. Fire Blast has a lot more power, but I don't know if I can trust that 85% accuracy; Flamethrower might not be able to OHKO, but it does have 100% accuracy.

I say go with fire blast. You don't want skarm removing you DDances as DD sets are countered differently then choice sets. Which will make getting a DD up harder when mence comes back in.

FrozenVirus wrote:

{swampert} @ Leftovers
Impish / Torrent
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Stone Edge / Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Protect

A Classic example of beastly physical bulky water. 306 Defense and 404 HP is pretty hard to get through. With 257 Atk, Swampert's STABed Earthquake does a considerable amount of damage as well. Avalanche is in there to cripple flying and dragon types who think they can wear Swampy down, (it kills Mence really badly), as it is pretty difficult to OHKO this bulky Swampert. I can't really decide between Stone Edge and Waterfall. Waterfall is a STABed 80 damage move (the boost from Torrent may come in handy too), but without Stone Edge Swampert is defenseless against Gyarados (although Avalanche might work...). Sadly, Swampy dies to Special Grass-type moves (216 SDef but 4x weakness), especially Grass Knot, which hits pretty darn hard. I have Protect in there in order to scout out moves, especially the Special Grass-type ones that would easily KO Swampy.

Looks good, Stick with waterfall as your starmie can come in and counter DDgyarados easily.

FrozenVirus wrote:

{breloom} @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Poison Heal
40 HP / 252 Atk / 218 Spd
Spore
Substitute
Seed Bomb
Focus Punch

Another self-explanatory Pokemon moveset. I mean, Spore is ONLY the best sleep-inducing move in the game. Sub is there for obvious reasons (for recovery), just in case opponents do happen to wake up. Breloom hits hard with the STABed 150 damage Focus Punch (225 damage O_O), and the Egg bomb is really there as a filler to hit random Water and Ground types...

Looks the standard. You could try stone edge over seed bomb to smack flyers like gyarados and zapdos.

FrozenVirus wrote:

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I was considering replacing the Breloom with Heracross or Lucario. Also, I was thinking maybe having a Dusknoir as a tank instead of Swampert as it can block Rapid Spins, and has minimal weaknesses (no 4x grass weakness). Also, I noticed today that I don't have any good Machamp counters. 405 Defense is darn hard to get through, although it only has a maximum of 294 HP. As I've said before, I'm not too familiar with the 4th gen pokes, so any help would be appreciated.

The Heracross would just be your everyday ordinary Scarf/Band, and Lucario would more than likely be Scarfed with Crunch to take out pesky Ghosts and Starmie. Dusknoir would use the classic 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef spread, with two punches, Pain Split, and WoW.

I like the idea of Dusknoir over swampert, just keep in mind swampert is much more offensive than Dusky but Dusky has more utility use. Spiritomb is another option for a bulky ghost that can also wall Machamp quite well, but is less offensive than Dusknoir. I'd stick with breloom over the others, as it's spore isn't being disabled any of your other pokes, and sub+toxic heal is quite nasty.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next