It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pokeballs Guide 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Pokeballs Guide

Pokeballs are used to capture Pokemon. The Poke Ball is the most basic type of Pokeball, but there are many other varieties of Pokeballs which have differing effectiveness, ranging from the Great Ball, which is basically a slightly improved Poke Ball, to the Master Ball, which can capture any wild Pokemon without fail. Using the right Pokeball at the right time will make your job of capturing Pokemon that much easier. This guide will cover the different types of Pokeballs in each generation of games to help you in your quest to catch them all.

Colours Generation - Red, Blue, Yellow

These Pokeballs were introducted in the first generation of the games and have been present in every game ever since, not including the Safari Ball which was not present in GSC due to the lack of a Safari Zone in the games.

Metallics Generation - Gold, Silver, Crystal

The new Pokeballs introduced in this generation are custom made by Kurt, who can be found in Azalea Town. He can create one Pokeball per day for you in exchange for an Apricorn, and the type of Pokeball created depends on the colour of the Apricorn.

Gems Generation - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

The Gems Generation introducted Pokeball effects, which appear whenever you send a Pokemon out. The types of effects vary according to the type of Pokeball your Pokemon was captured in.

Jewels Generation - Pearl, Diamond, Platinum

Five new Pokeballs have been introduced, but the Dive Ball is now only randomly available in Solaceon Town by showing the man the Pokemon he asks for, due to the lack of the diving mechanic in the games. The Park Ball returns, but it is much different from that of the Metallics Generation, being used in the Pal Park instead of a Bug Catching Tournament.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

thank i was looking for the quick ball,but i don't to anymore thanks to you!thanks again

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nemocracy. :|

Why not try to add on to a topic and actually contribute to it instead of going "OMG! AWESOMEZORZ!"

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:17 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Necromancy rules are a little more lax in the Game Guides forum, because the topics remain relevant. It might take a few months for someone to find a flaw with the guide and report it, for instance. In any case, you haven't contributed to the topic with your post either :/

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:39 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I caught one error:
Under the Jewels Generation for the Premier Ball's locations you added Rustboro City...

Also, perhaps you could add a table from FR/LG. It's the same as RSE but the locations are different.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:57 am
Just your average 10 year old

You can get dusk balls in Solaceon town.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Can you show us the calculation for catching a Pokemon? Thanks.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's covered in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14327

Do let me know if you find that guide insufficient.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[quote="sN0wBaLL"][color=lightskyblue]It's covered in this topic: http://psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14327

Do let me know if you find that guide insufficient.[/color][/quote]

PERFECT. Thank you very much! You too, Peanut Lover.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Anyone know what a Hyper Ball is? I saw it as one of the items I could get 999 of with my friend's AR but I didn't use it because I didn't know what it was.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[quote="khoufu"]Anyone know what a Hyper Ball is? I saw it as one of the items I could get 999 of with my friend's AR but I didn't use it because I didn't know what it was.[/quote]

A Hyper Ball is the translated Japanese name of an Ultra Ball.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, thank you. I wonder why it said 'Hyper Balls x999' instead of Ultra Balls on the Action Replay 999 items cheat.
By the way, is there a way to obtain a Cherish Ball in the game? And, do you get one with the item if you go to the Nintendo event with the item for the pokemon, or do you have to use regular balls for that? I'm a little confused about Cherish Balls. (I had the Member Card and caught my Darkrai lv 50 on Platinum with a Poke Ball.)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cherish Balls are only programmed in to note that a Pokémon was from an event (that is, with out hacking). Also, a Cherish Ball cannot be obtained legally. No Pokémon, as of now, have been distributed holding Cherish Balls, or in any game have Cherish Balls been given away in the games.

So in short: you cannot get a Cherish Ball in the games without hacking, but pokemon that are distributed at Events are given in Cherish Balls. No, you don't get a Cherish Ball with the item when it comes around (e.g. Member Card, it does not come around with a Cherish Ball).

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. The programmers just gave it a catch rate anyway so the game wouldn't crash if you used a cheat to get them. SO, no matter what pokeball you catch it in, if it's from a legit event item, does your pokemon automatically appear to be caught in a Cherish Ball or in a Master Ball etc.? I'm still a little confuzzled about this.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll give an example.
Let's say someone hacked the Azure Flute. They go up to Mt. Coronet and use the Azure Flute. They go up and catch Arceus in a Poké Ball. When caught, the Pokémon is in a Poké Ball, not a Cherish Ball.

Let's say another person went to the event in Japan for the Member Card. They go to Canalave City, use it to open the locked house, talk to the person in the house. They are sent to New Moon Island, and they battle Darkrai. They catch Darkrai in a Dusk Ball. The Darkrai was caught in a Dusk Ball, not a Cherish Ball.

Finally, let's say someone got a 9th Movie Event Manaphy. They pick it up from the man in green in any PokéMart. They view the Manaphy, and it is in a Cherish Ball.

Clear now?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, quite clear now, thank you. Sorry if I seemed like a pain, I jsut wasn't sure if it changed what ball it was in because you said the Cherish Ball proved it was legit and I have a Darkrai ina Cherish ball that says 'met at Fullmoon Island at level 40'. I think I get it now, thank you.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So One thing I know is that in DPP
Dive ball is said to be effective verse pokemon that live in the sea.

Fri May 22, 2009 10:16 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I recall a fastball in gsc?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
[quote="Platypus"]I recall a fastball in gsc?[/quote]

That's what the Speed Ball is my friend, remember what I just said please & apologies to everyone else for not being more on topic here, seriously...

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In gen 4, you can get a masterball from a daily lottery. Don't know about the other gens though.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

thanks
i wandered what the heavy ball does

tihis means that dragons are always the answer
they will make the worldhave something it never had befor

peace
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Sun May 31, 2015 1:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

is there other balls as it seams too small of list

tihis means that dragons are always the answer
they will make the worldhave something it never had befor

peace
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Sun May 31, 2015 1:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

sN0wBaLL wrote:
Pokeballs Guide

Pokeballs are used to capture Pokemon. The Poke Ball is the most basic type of Pokeball, but there are many other varieties of Pokeballs which have differing effectiveness, ranging from the Great Ball, which is basically a slightly improved Poke Ball, to the Master Ball, which can capture any wild Pokemon without fail. Using the right Pokeball at the right time will make your job of capturing Pokemon that much easier. This guide will cover the different types of Pokeballs in each generation of games to help you in your quest to catch them all.

Colours Generation - Red, Blue, Yellow

These Pokeballs were introducted in the first generation of the games and have been present in every game ever since, not including the Safari Ball which was not present in GSC due to the lack of a Safari Zone in the games.

Metallics Generation - Gold, Silver, Crystal

The new Pokeballs introduced in this generation are custom made by Kurt, who can be found in Azalea Town. He can create one Pokeball per day for you in exchange for an Apricorn, and the type of Pokeball created depends on the colour of the Apricorn.

Gems Generation - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

The Gems Generation introducted Pokeball effects, which appear whenever you send a Pokemon out. The types of effects vary according to the type of Pokeball your Pokemon was captured in.

Jewels Generation - Pearl, Diamond, Platinum
rembourser crédit
Five new Pokeballs have been introduced, but the Dive Ball is now only randomly available in Solaceon Town by showing the man the Pokemon he asks for, due to the lack of the diving mechanic in the games. The Park Ball returns, but it is much different from that of the Metallics Generation, being used in the Pal Park instead of a Bug Catching Tournament.

Thank you for your share :)

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ace wrote:
I'll give an example.
Let's say someone hacked the Azure Flute. They go up to Mt. Coronet and use the Azure Flute. They go up and catch Arceus in a Poké Ball. When caught, the Pokémon is in a Poké Ball, not a Cherish Ball.

Let's say another person went to the event in Japan for the Member Card. Theyเกมยิงปลา go to Canalave City, use it to open the locked house, talk to the person in the house. They are sent to New Moon Island, and they battle Darkrai. They catch Darkrai in a Dusk Ball. The Darkrai was caught in a Dusk Ball, not a Cherish Ball.

Finally, let's say someone got a 9th Movie Event Manaphy. They pick it up from the man in green in any PokéMart. They view the Manaphy, and it is in a Cherish Ball.

Clear now?

Thank you :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What is the best Pokeball for catching Gigantamax?

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next