It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Rate my Ghost team? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So since ive always loved ghost type pokemon i thought of makin a ghost team.
So i just want to know if i should shift out some of my pokemon with some other ghosts or not or maybe give them other moves (Note: i have never been good to judge which moves come in handy in a combination)

So here we go

Gengar Lvl: 88
Nature: Calm
Item: destiny Knot
Moves:
Shadow ball
Dark Pulse
Hyposis
Dream eater

Spiritomb Lvl: 63
Nature: Lonely
Item: None
Moves:
Dark pulse
Sucker punch
Hypnosis
Dream eater

Dusknoir Lvl: 64
Nature Sassy
Item: spell tag
Moves:
Payback
Curse
Trick room
Psychic

Froslass Lvl: 73
Nature: Hardy
Item: NeverMeltIce
Moves:
Destiny bond
Blizzard
Ice fang
Ice beam

Drifblim Lvl: 63
Nature: Hasty
Item: Smoke ball
Moves:
Fly
Payback
Ominous wind
Shadow ball

Sableye Lvl: 59
Nature: Bold
Moves:
Faint attack
Mean look
Confuse ray
Shadow ball

Image Image

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm assuming you'll want to use this team in competitve battling and not just in-game.

Gengar would benefit more from replacing Dream Eater with Thnderbolt or something. You could use more type coverage, and a strong Special Attacker like Gengar can work wonders with Thunderbolt. Focus Blast is a greta option to consider as well. Also, change his item. Destiny Knot is pretty useless in the competitive metagame, since attraction isn't that big of a threat. Try Choice Specs (remove Hypnosis and replace with a Sp. Atk) or Life Orb for power.

Spiritomb is seriously lacking. Three of the moves are the exact same as Gengar's; it's basically a weakness-free, watered down Gengar. Keep Sucker Punch, throw on Will-O-Wisp, try out Hidden Power Fighting or Rock, or consider Tricking a Choice item onto a foe. Could demolish them. Try to run with Choice Band for Trick sets or possibly Spell Tag for more power.

Dusknoir is a little shaky. True, he's one of the best Trick Roomers you can find, but how will that affect the rest of your team? Not everyone on your team is particularly fast, but they're all faster than Dusknoir. You may end up screwing yourself over unles you save him for the very end of the battle. Just a tip. Replace Psychic with a Punch move (Fire, Thunder, Ice) and maybe replace Tirck Room with Eatrhquake if you decide to go that route. Also, give him Leftovers instead of Spell Tag. Works much better.

Don't use Blizzard on Froslass; Ice Beam will be enough. You may want to replace Ice Fang with Ice Shard just so you can get in a quick hit when you need to. Replace Blizzard with something like Pain Split or even Trick if you don't end up using it on Spiritomb. You could also consider Shadow Ball in place of Ice Beam if you need to. Froslass also makes a decent suicide lead if you want to set up Spikes, let Focus Sash work and then use Destiny Bond to take them out the next turn. You have to be careful with suicide sets, as you may need to run Taunt as well. Use Lefites if you don't use Trick (and if you don't run Lefties on Dusknoir).

Never use Fly on a competitve team. Big no-no. two-turn set up, not hugely strong and not great acuracy means it's a very, very bad choice. You won't so much need the Flying move if you've got Ice and Psychic-type attacks somewhere on your team to deal with Grass and Fighting. A good set to consider would be Substitute, Baton Pass, Stockpile, and Shadow Ball. You can pass Subs and Defensive boosts to team members, and you've still got a reliable attack if you want to hide behind the subs yourself. Attach a Petaya or Leichi Berry to pass when your helath has dorpped low enough and sweep the rest of your opponents team.

Sableye is very lackluster. It was neat when they gave us a Pokemon with no weaknesses, but really it's fragile and not strong. Never use Mean Look on a competitive team, especially when half the time you don't want to trap anyone with Sableye, as they'll probably win. You may want to just run a set with Toxic, Will-O-Wisp and some other support moves and try to switch in on Fighting, Normal, or Psychic-type attacks. Shadow Ball/Shadow Claw are always good attack options, so do whatever. Lefties is good on Sableye, but it would be better saved for the others I've mentioned. Maybe try a Quick Claw or something to just give you a little boost.

Sorry for the uber long post. I'm just trying to help.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So here we go

Gengar Lvl: 88
Nature: Calm
Item: destiny Knot
Moves:
Shadow ball
Dark Pulse
Hyposis
Dream eater

I wouldnt give it a calm nature, make it modest, switch hypnosis for engergy ball for water ground coverage and dreameater for confuse ray

Spiritomb Lvl: 63
Nature: Lonely
Moves:
Dark pulse
Sucker punch
Hypnosis
Dream eater

id have made this with a calm nature, dream eater combo works well with it but i on my spiritomb used smokescreen and double team

Dusknoir Lvl: 64
Nature Sassy
Item: spell tag
Moves:
Payback
Curse
Trick room
Psychic

dusknoir my favoraite pokemon, Trickroom works well with him, switch the other moves for wilo-wisp, fire punch for heracross counters/ thunderpuch typical gyarados counter, shadow punch for stab. dusknoir special attack is stil quite week in comparrison to is attack so psychic isnt a good idea

Froslass Lvl: 73
Nature: Hardy
Item: NeverMeltIce
Moves:
Destiny bond
Blizzard
Ice fang
Ice beam

nature again should be changed timid and swap icefang for thunderbolt

Drifblim Lvl: 63
Nature: Hasty
Item: Smoke ball
Moves:
Fly
Payback
Ominous wind
Shadow ball

drifblim is an excellnt baton passers o i sugest minimize, baton pass, ominous wind for stab and possible boosts, and explosion for a big finale, if unburden is the ability this works alot better, and give it a stat boost berry

Sableye Lvl: 59
Nature: Bold
Moves:
Faint attack
Mean look
Confuse ray
Shadow ball[/quote]

suprised that a ghost team lacks a giritina, and sableye's not that strong, (hopefully it doesnt have stall as an ability) that being said i still love sableyes design. IF you going for an awsome ghost team id go for a unique stype (as ghost types typicaly have) such as giritina, Rotom, shednija , even mismagmius which magical leaf gives more a beinift to this team than sableye, few ideas for you;

Shedinja (not the best but..) hasty nature holding any benifiting item
Grudge,
toxic
confuse ray
heal block

Giriatina (best ghost mix sweeper) mild nature( boost special detracts from defence, not much of a poblem due to mist pysical type being an imunity)
hold speed boosting item
Shadow force
dragon claw
aura sphere (never missed covers 2 weeknesses)
earth power ( general type covarage)

Rotom modest/ timid nature ( holding lagging tail/ choice band)
overheat ( if you have acsess to heat rotom) / discharge
double team
toxic
trick

mismagius timid nature, leftovers
nasty plot/ calm mind
Magical leaf/ thuderbolt
Substitue/ perish song
shadow ball

hope that helps ( as i was writing this someone else posted so sorry if it repeats some points

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24060&start=200 How hard is it to actually look for an official rating thread!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

thanks guys youve been a big help and oh sorry if i havent looked after an official thread -.-'
btw you can close this thread if you like i think i got my answer thanks you two for the help :D

Image Image

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I didn't direct him to the Rating Thread, Shina, because he only had like 6 posts and I'm pretty sure you need 25 to post there. Otherwise, yeah, I'd have said something. Or if that rule has been amended and I didn't know about it. Oh well.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, the amount needed is 25, or less if you have a good knowledge of competetive battling...

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]