It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Unofficial Psypoke Gym League: Leader Placement Tournament 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, that was some horrible luck on my side. >.< Maybe we can rematch on Monday. Either way your still the tourney winner. At least until I go through the gyms with my team and beat you as champ.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[color=#8040FF]Yeah I definitely want a rematch. Don't think I will be that easy to beat as the champion. As I don't know if I am going to keep my team or make a whole new one. [/c
    olor]

Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:23 pm
    Ace Trainer
    Ace Trainer

Alright, great job you guys and all who participated. Sorry I've been around scarcely lately, but I hope to fix that now that my play rehearsals are over every day. So, Shina's our Champion. Since I beat you in our test battle that automatically makes me champ. Yay me!

I'm just kidding, of course. So, our next order of business shall be a new Leader venue and creating our Gyms. Shina, since you are the Champion you'll have to aid me in figuring this out. You guys still want a subforum and think that's going to work? We could just get stickied threads for each Gym in the Battle Tower, but that'd be a hell of a lot of stickies, so that probably won't work. Gimme some feedback, peeps.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:20 am
    Pokemon Master
    Pokemon Master

A subforum is better, not only for the gym leaders, but for the moderators as well. There have been two threads recently in the Battle Tower about the gym league; it should be easier for moderators to handle those if they're in a subforum specifically for the gym league.

If we're waiting for a subforum to be created, we can make gym threads in the Battle Tower and ask the moderators to move them to the subforum once it is created.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
    Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
    Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am
    Pokemon Master
    Pokemon Master

Sorry, I know I'm not a gym leader, but i was following the tourney. congrats, shina.
    onto the little issue:
    Until a subforum is created, how about one thread where everyone can challenge? for instance, I might post in the thread saying," Okay, i have 2 badges, now i want to challenge mektar. PM me to set up a time." that way, it's also a bit less for mods. just my two cents.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am
    Dragon Tamer
    Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
    Until a subforum is created, how about one thread where everyone can challenge? for instance, I might post in the thread saying," Okay, i have 2 badges, now i want to challenge mektar. PM me to set up a time." that way, it's also a bit less for mods. just my two cents.

That might work, but I can see a problem with that. People are most likely(not all of them obviously, but a noticable amount) will be like "Woah, a Gym League!?! When did this become active? Can I battle the champ right away? Do I only have to get 8 badges to be eligible to battle the champ? Can I become a Gym Leader? And BLAH BLAH BLAH".

And they'll just ask question after question even if the answer is in a little rule box in the first post. That would just clutter up the thread. And you can't put all the rules in the title of the thread, (although apparently that doesn't help with even one rule, coughSIGN-UPSARECLOSEDcough)

At least with a subforum, if we are allowed one, we can have a Rules/Information for the Gym League in one solid place that is made for only the Rules and Information, that's easily found and always read first. And then make them put a little {milotic} or something in their post to show that they read the rules of the entire league.

If we were to have only a thread for this, yes it could be in the first post, but when we get to like our 3rd or 4th page, people will start to ignore the first post and zip right to the end. And then we may have to be constantly saying "Please read the first post, and then ask again after".

Now, I'm sorry you had to read all that. But I hope I made a point there.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 pm
    Dragon Tamer
    Dragon Tamer

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I got kinda lazy, should be done with my team tommorrow, guess I automatically start at the bottom since I missed the tournament...

Edit: I'm figuring I need to test battle too?

FC:
    5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
    4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:15 pm
    Dragon Tamer
    Dragon Tamer

I'm back, and with a shiny new name thanks to Jigglypuff. So hows this been going?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:57 am
    Pokemon Master
    Pokemon Master

We are going to need more than just one giant ass thread for everyone to challenge. If we did that things would be so cluttered and no one would know what to do, and thus we would have to close down shop. As for everyone else who would go "ZOMG A GYM LEAGUE IMMA ASK TO BE CHAMP!" That shouldn't happen as we would post up rules of the league, and said rules would say "don't ask to be champ we have one" or something to that effect, to deter that. But then again no one actually ever reads rules or does any basic reading of the sort. I say within the rules there would be certain things written in the smaller text to saying doing things that they read the rules, so that way we can try to avoid any kind of mishap. Either put an Arcanine or put Kablam in your post if you really read this. We are going to need threads for each individual Gym Leader and the Champion, and E4 (should we decide to do an E4).

As I am going to say for the umpteenth time, we are more than likely not going to get our own subforum. Our best bet would be to create each thread that we need here and then just sticky them, only in the case we don't get our own subforum. So I say the higher ups in this unoffical league put forth the argument towards the admins for the subforum, these people I would include but not limited too Me, Emin, Chef, and EP. We and any other more active and known member could and should help as we need the maximum amount of people like this to put forth a very convincing argument. As I am going to say again for the umpteenth time, we are not going to get one unless we put forth a very convincing argument.

Finally as for some rules, since I am the champ, I am going to take the liberty of coming up with the rules for the league and PM them to Emin. I mean Emin is kind of the grand architect of this, by that I mean Emin set up the tournament and such I have totally forgotten who originally wanted to do this anyway, and I should help play a part in the creating of the rules since I am the champ and I feel obligated to. For the most part I am going to rehash most of the rules from an old Gym League I was a part of before, where I had the short lived reign as the Fire Gym Leader. The rules were quite fair there, and they will be quite fair here. I expect to have them sent off to Emin either tonight or tomorrow, more than likely tomorrow.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:23 pm
    Art Commentator
    Art Commentator

I'm still making the challenger IDs, right?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:31 pm
    Pokemon Master
    Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
    As I am going to say for the umpteenth time, we are more than likely not going to get our own subforum. Our best bet would be to create each thread that we need here and then just sticky them, only in the case we don't get our own subforum.

We should go ahead and open the gym threads here. We'll get a sub-forum if the threads are active enough.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
    Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
    Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 pm
    Pokemon Master
    Pokemon Master

I understand that much but I'm just saying. I am not any further on the creation of the rules seeing how I am on vacation and haven't had much time to do so.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 pm
    Dragon Tamer
    Dragon Tamer

sigh... has no one seen my other post? (page 3, towards the end...)

FC:
    4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 am
    Pokemon Master
    Pokemon Master

elementotrl wrote:
    sigh... has no one seen my other post? (page 3, towards the end...)

We are so sorry with our lives, with some of us in college and working, that we are so busy we cannot cater to your whim. I will test battle you myself ok, just wait till the weekend when I don't have a class. I will take the mantle as interim head while Emin is away. Pm me to set up your battle, the rules are coming give me time.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 pm
    Dragon Tamer
    Dragon Tamer

kk, anytime Saturday should be okay, just pm me a time

FC:
    4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 am
    Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3