It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Unique moveset thread 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I gave it the fighting resist berry to not violate Item Clause in Chefs cup, and there are too many pokes with fighting type moves out there. However I most likely wont use it because I have too little time to EV train it. And KOL, if I took your advice it wouldn't really be unique. Also, I picked psychic to yet again help against fighting types.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cactuar wrote:
Also, I picked psychic to yet again help against fighting types.

Go with Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Ice Beam. The only way you're going to take down a Fighting type is if you survive the SE STAB physical hit because of the berry, which is one use, and Counter back. Furthermore, because of Blissey's massive HP, any Counter of a Fighting physical move is practically a guaranteed OHKO - or your opponent is too weak to hurt Blissey without the berry. Essentially, the Counter berry combo is a surprise that can only work once. You might as well select a more normal move for the last slot so that your Blissey can be more useful in a normal situation.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

EvilPenguin wrote:
Koipen apparently does not understand the concept of a joke. Also, learn to spell.

"pinguin"

I'm sorry if I have too many grammatical errors. English is not my first language. I also though people were serious here. If this is just speak of crap and jokes thrown around, name it "Thread for humour that's not funny"

Shinashu: Seems working, although I have to ask what's the purpose of the EVs? I think you should also go with T-Bolt or Discharge in the first slot , but definately not Hp Grass alone. Then any poke with Sub has free set-up on you. (Or with Taunt) (I think I have seen this before?)

[Ah, found it. Not the same, but UU tank set on Smogon has the same moves except Heal Bell discarded for Hidden Power, and Charge Beam to Discharge]

Cactuar: CounterBliss. I've seen this fella too. But why Rest? Even with NC, Softboiled is still almost always the better option, since you dont utilize really the status healing part. It could help Bliss vs. Bliss Stall wars though..

FCScizor: You could use Metronome. Then, if you reach the fifth hit, it has 1.5 boost. Also Swords Dance to an option? Roost could work too. I see that Pursuit doesn't do really anything now. Maybe SD / BP / FC / BB (Or SP). (That's whole lotta Acronyms)

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So this is somewhat of a gimmick set, but it's fun and works decently. Esp. against those that predict my usual techitop-ish set

Hitmontop
Adamant @Sitrus berry
Technician
252HP 252ATK 4SPD
-Sub
-Bulk up
-Mach punch
-Thief

Come in and sub on something that'll switch for fear of being revenge killed or in which sub will block a slow WoW or Sleep. Get a bulk up or two and pound out heavy mach punches. Sitrus berry allows a "free" sub and can be a saver by preventing a <25%hp sub fail. It also allows thief to grab a leftovers,lum or pinch berry from the opponent afterwards, hindering some walls.

Downside is that thief may grab a choice or other fail item, and it really needs 2 bulk ups to do significant damage unless the opponents team is already crippled.

Sucker punch/leftovers works fine too over thief and with those intimidate is viable over tech.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
Esp. against those that predict my usual techitop-ish set

You mean that thing from Hell you call a Pokemon?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've always seen this as a good BP moveset, although I'm the only one I've ever seen use it.

Vaporeon @Leftovers,
Water Absorb
Bold
(252 HP/129 Def/129 Sp.Def)

Acid Armor
Wish/Substitute
Baton Pass
Surf

First, I'd use 2 Acid Armors, which raises Defense 4 stages. Then, depending on the second move, i use Wish or Substitute, the immediately Baton Pass to this Blissey.

Blissey @Leftovers
Serene Grace
Bold
(200 HP/128 Def/128 Sp.Def/54 Sp.Attack)
Bold
Calm Mind
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Softboiled

Once getting the added Defenses and a Substitute from Vaporeon, Blissey uses one Calm Mind, giving it a decent Sp.Attack stat and raising it's Sp.Defense. Then Blissey would use either Ice Beam or Thunderbolt to beat most Pokemon.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Where have I seen that Vaporeon before... oh yeah it looks like this one http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/vaporeon.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:54 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
Where have I seen that Vaporeon before... oh yeah it looks like this one http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/vaporeon.
[size=85I never use Smogon for Movesets, so I wouldn't know what they have. No-one battles with it, so I had no clue that moveset existed outside of my PMs. (And I can almost guaruntee you that it doesn't suggest BP'ing the Acid Armors to Blissey.)[/size]

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
I never use Smogon for Movesets, so I wouldn't know what they have. No-one battles with it, so I had no clue that moveset existed outside of my PMs. (And I can almost guaruntee you that it doesn't suggest BP'ing the Acid Armors to Blissey.)

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

**bump**

{gliscor}
Adamant @ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil/Hyper cutter (either is fine)
252atk 252spd 4hp
-EQ
-Rock slide
-U-turn
-Taunt

Lead/Scarfed attacker

With the scarf Glicsor outspeeds up to +1 jolly Gyarados, easily placing him above all non-scarf leads. U-turn allows it to break sashes and bring a counter in, EQ brings good damage, Rock slide gives good coverage, flinch and 2hkos frailer leads like Aerodactyl (giving the 30% chance of no SR.) Taunt is very risky but can pay off quite well, for pokes faster than Gliscor's norm it shuts down SR etc. but at the cost of reveling the CS and having to switch, however with slower leads it does the same but hides the CS until later in game, which can mess an opponents prediction. SR is also an option in the last slot for a guaranteed SR, but has the same if not worse risks.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Surprise! Another Blissey set!

{blissey} @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 100 HP/200 SAtk/210 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Substitute

PROS:One of the strangest but most effective Blisseys I've ever used. The odd thing about this Blissey is obviously substitute. The goal of this blissey is to switch into a weak special attacker (i.e Jolteon, Zapdos, Scarf Heatran) and set up a Substitute. Then, when your opponent brings in a counter, you hammer them with Thunder(bolt) or Ice beam. This set's lost some of it's effectiveness after Mence was banned but it can still hammer physical sweepers with low Sp.Def or weaknesses. Thunder is mentioned in here because if you factor in serene grace and the shaky accuracy, you get a not-too-bad 49% paralysis chance, and Ice Beam's 20% freeze chance ain't too shabby either. This Blissey can destroy or seriously dent many pokemon that would usually force out Blissey or OHKO it, most notably Gyarados, Dragonite, Zapdos, Flygon, Gliscor, the list goes on and on.
Also, this is somewhat random, but this Blissey doesn't get shut down by Tricking a Choice Scarf like many other blisseys do.

CONS:There are issues with this blissey, one of which is the inability to even put a small dent in other Blisseys. Also, since I'm giving up Natural Cure for Serene Grace, Toxic and Will-o-wisp will give this blissey severe problems. U-turn is another area of concern with Gliscor and Flygon, for obvious reasons. Additionaly, you have to be extremely careful switching into non-scarfed heatrans as they will very likely explode on you. Mixed pokemon can give this blissey some problems as well. Overall, you just have to be careful what you switch Blissey into.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{dragonite} @ leftovers
careful 104 def 252 sp def 32 atk 100 hp

thunder wave
swords dance/ bulk up/ light screen
roost
dragon claw

based on the togekiss from smogon except twisted and molded into the piece of cr*p that pases below your eyes

strategy

come in on a focus blast [which is carried a lot in ireland] and t wave after thy swap out then proceed to swords dance and roost up if needed if their sweeper stays in after t wave then hit it with dragon claw

pros last a long time

cons fails to taunt walls [like bibarel god i hate that thing!!!]

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:

come in on a focus blast [which is carried a lot in ireland]

O_o lol..

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

seiriously i batteled a dude who had focus blast on four of his pokes

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
seiriously i batteled a dude who had focus blast on four of his pokes

Thats a fail. Was he irish?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah it was one of my friends using my wi fi

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I was thinking with its solid 95/110/80 defenses, slowbro could pull off a tanking set in UU similar to something that is extremely popular in OU. I call it...
Crobro!

{slowbro} @ leftovers
bold nature (+def -atk)
Evs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SPDEF
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind
-Surf

Obviously the real Crocune does this better, but Crobro could possibly work in UU.
Thoughts?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
erm, I have a hypno and gengar with hypnosis,dream eater, and nightmare.hypno also knows psychic, and gengar night shade.Finally, a darkrai with dark void,dream eater,nightmare, and focus punch.
Items:hypno-mind plate
gengar-that berry that weakens sepereffective psychic moves
darkrai:nothing so far

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was reading the description for Tentacruel and I thought this might be a neat moveset

{tentacruel} @Grip Claw/ Leftovers

Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)

--252 HP--126 Def--126 Sp. Def--4 Sp Atk

-Wrap
-Toxic/ Toxic Spikes
-Attract
-Surf/ Water Pulse(For the possible confusion)

Obviously wouldn't work against a Steel or Poison type, but would be VERY annoying imo.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Budew {budew} @ Focus Sash
Modest
252 Spec Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpD
~ Sleep Powder
~ Stun Spore
~ Leafstorm
~ Sunny Day

This is the lead to one of my OU teams. No, seriously. Let's face it, no one's gonna taunt a Budew, and in the 10+ matches against Aerodactyls and Azelfs, they have always either gone for the Stealth Rock or the attack. Sleep Powder their lead. Then they will likely switch (if they don't, just use Sunny Day and die, you won't do much else anyway). When they switch, Stun Spore. Now believe me, Budew can outspeed almost every Pokemon in the game if they are paralysed, including Ninjask, Scarf Heatran, and even max speed Jumpluff in the sun. So either use Sunny Day to setup for the rest of your team (or Rain Dance, dunno if she can learn it, haven't tried it yet), or kill it with Leafstorm if its a massive threat to your team. Note that Leafstorm will never OHKO Tyranitar, so its better to try eliminating it later.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Slim Shady wrote:
Modest
~ Sleep Powder
~ Stun Spore
~ Leafstorm
~ Sunny Day

This is the lead to one of my OU teams. No, seriously. Let's face it, no one's gonna taunt a Budew, and in the 10+ matches against Aerodactyls and Azelfs, they have always either gone for the Stealth Rock or the attack. Sleep Powder their lead. Then they will likely switch (if they don't, just use Sunny Day and die, you won't do much else anyway). When they switch, Stun Spore. Now believe me, Budew can outspeed almost every Pokemon in the game if they are paralysed, including Ninjask, Scarf Heatran, and even max speed Jumpluff in the sun. So either use Sunny Day to setup for the rest of your team (or Rain Dance, dunno if she can learn it, haven't tried it yet), or kill it with Leafstorm if its a massive threat to your team. Note that Leafstorm will never OHKO Tyranitar, so its better to try eliminating it later.

you do know that if the lead knows substitute(smeargle/ninjask) and budew would be near useless and give the opponent a chance to set up and baton pass right? and the main idea is to ''bluff'' the opponent and once they see you using sleep powder on their lead they will probably be expecting a stun spore(since your attacks wont even be scratching them much) and switch to a poke that has natural cure(or a poke that has lum berry and taunt) to kill ur budew(blissey is a good example leaf strom wont be hurting it at all).oh yeah lets not forget about a lead that knows fake out(infernape) and after fake out you're dead(focus sash becomes useless) and leads that has lum berry(machamp) could kill you straight away without you hurting it(even if you use leaf strom it wont hurt it much).Despite of the fact that it MIGHT actually set up a SD or RD for the team there are better RD/SD leads than this and able to sweep and support the team even better(zaptos can be RD lead and able to abuse thunder while azelf can explode or spam fire blast after SD) and I dont see why you use budew when there's roserade

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

BorDofBorDNesS wrote:
I was reading the description for Tentacruel and I thought this might be a neat moveset

{tentacruel} @Grip Claw/ Leftovers

Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)

--252 HP--126 Def--126 Sp. Def--4 Sp Atk

-Wrap
-Toxic/ Toxic Spikes
-Attract
-Surf/ Water Pulse(For the possible confusion)

Obviously wouldn't work against a Steel or Poison type, but would be VERY annoying imo.

I have a similar set as well but its in swampert version and I call it trappert

{swampert} @grip claw/leftovers(grip claw is recommended if your last slot is rest)
Relaxed
252HP 216DEF 42SPDEF
-Whirlpool
-Yawn
-Earthquake
-Rest/Ice Punch/Focus Punch//water pulse/stone edge/rock slide

This set is quite simple. Knowing that the enemy would probably switch in a grass type poke or a poke that knows a grass type move to counter swampert you could use yawn first and the one that switches in would be force to use a grass type attack on you or switch to escape the sleep. Then if you want to play safe switch to a poke that resist grass type attacks (skarm or forrtress would be the best choice) and the foe's poke would sleep letting you set up at least one layer of spike or rapid spin(if you switch into forrtress) or you could switch to a scarftran who resist grass type attacks and sweep it or a scizor/lucario/dragonite to set up sword dance/dragon dance when they are sleeping. If your opponent decides to switch poke instead of thinking of killing your swampert(this is why stealth rock and spikes support are great with this swampert, able to force them to switch) and you want to play safe scizor infernape and scarfgon would be your next best choice all of them except scarfgon will be able to resist grass type attacks(i pointed this out even though i pointed out they will be switching because some people likes to play safe which isnt a bad thing) and all of them can use U-turn providing you with a nice scouting move or if your able to kill it kill it. After you are sure that grass type move/pokes are gone from your opponent's team use whirlpool first then yawn they wont be able to escape for 5 turns(if you use grip claw) and will be sleeping as well letting you spam your STAB EQ on them to death if the dont have levitate resist it or are flying type of course. Rest is recommended as said above because whirlpool gives you a 5 turn trap with grip claw after a yawn it will become 4 turns and the next turn when they are going to sleep you use rest if your low on hp because they will still be trap for another 3 turns and you will be waking up on the last turn on the turn that they are sleeping with full health(or the health you had after you sleep because if you use rest faster than the guy so they guy managed to hit you or moves like bullet punch and vacuum wave) and they guy will still be sleeping if you're lucky and they will be having at least 5/16 of their health gone because of whirlpool(if they are not holding leftovers sludge or anything that restores health) and still haven calculated the whirlpool damaged you cause(i know it wont be much) and the STAB earthquake before you use rest and damaged from spikes and Stealth rock. But if you dont like the idea of rest you could always have Focus Punch since you will 100% hit them when they are asleep and cant switch to a ghost type thanks to your whirlpool. If you dont like focus punch either because they might suddenly awake and hit you go with low kick.Of course with focus punch you cant do anything much to rotom and gengar since your STAB earthquake dosent work either you could always go with Rock tomb to lower their speed and if your not satisfied with its accuracy and power Stone edge and Rock Slide is a good choice its up to you to choose Rock slide has more PP and accuracy but in return having less power and having lesser chance to crit compared with stone edge. If you like to annoy your opponents even more Water Pulse would be great as well having them wake up and being in a confuse status as well and having a chance not to hit you before they sleep again because of yawn and they cant switch out either if whirlpool is still in effect it could really mess them up. Ice punch is also great at countering dragon types like dragonite but not against grass type because they will kill you before you kill them so be smart.

Sadly there are some set maybe there are still some counters that I dont know yet if I left it out please mention it. First after they see you use whirlpool they might use U-turn to get away. Rapid spinners destroy this chain as well. Grass type poke/moves and moves that cause sleep are the biggest counters to this set If they managed to sleep you first your toast and if you don't managed to finish their grass type poke or poke that knows grass type moves your dead meat as well. Kingdra would barely feel a thing from whirlpool and if its holding Lum berry your yawn would give him 2 turns to set up which is bad so spam STAB earthquake when you're up against kingdra/tentacruel or stone edge/rock slide if you're facing gyarados. Toxic could be use over Yawn but its up to you because when up against a Cresselia you cant do much and she could keep healing with moonlight. Substitude also counter this set because you wont be able to trap them nor sleep them and the worse thing is you're giving them a chance to set up(kingdra/dragonite/baton pass teams greatly appreciate this) although this set could be very annoying when used on some pokes but against the wrong poke or a wrong move could lead to a lost without a doubt.Whirlpool's accuracy is poor as well so dont expect it to hit everytime so the chain will most likely fail if it misses. Like i said, there might be many more counters but I cant think of more for now if you know list them up please.

The only thing I can said is having grip claw and annoy your opponent with poison/sleep and not letting them switch is not a bad strategy but dugtrio and magnezone does it better they sweep after they trap their for and dont need to waste time inflicting status on them. But if you're going for a stall team I think builds like this could be fairly effective if only swampert could learn a move that sleeps the foe immediately right after it hits then this build wouldn't be half bad, as for now even though I have this kind of build there isn't much potential in it because if you dont sweep the pokes that could counter this set before it is used it might be a waste of slot and against experienced players it wont work much.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Max_LKC wrote:
Slim Shady wrote:
Modest
~ Sleep Powder
~ Stun Spore
~ Leafstorm
~ Sunny Day

you do know that if the lead knows substitute(smeargle/ninjask) and budew would be near useless and give the opponent a chance to set up and baton pass right? and the main idea is to ''bluff'' the opponent and once they see you using sleep powder on their lead they will probably be expecting a stun spore(since your attacks wont even be scratching them much) and switch to a poke that has natural cure(or a poke that has lum berry and taunt) to kill ur budew(blissey is a good example leaf strom wont be hurting it at all).oh yeah lets not forget about a lead that knows fake out(infernape) and after fake out you're dead(focus sash becomes useless) and leads that has lum berry(machamp) could kill you straight away without you hurting it(even if you use leaf strom it wont hurt it much).Despite of the fact that it MIGHT actually set up a SD or RD for the team there are better RD/SD leads than this and able to sweep and support the team even better(zaptos can be RD lead and able to abuse thunder while azelf can explode or spam fire blast after SD) and I dont see why you use budew when there's roserade

Well, it works for me, so yeah :P. I've actually got a Shoddy log of it working well, alongside a team of a Lotad, a Voltorb, an Electrike, a Kabuto and a Phione, so I've even got proof. And if an Aerodactyl sees a Roserade, it'll Taunt it. Most of the time I've been up against a taunt lead, they ignore the fact that Budew can do anything at all, and set up SR or attack.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like the Budew for only one reason. It is gimmicky and I love gimmicky Pokemon.

Here is another gimmick Pokemon. Note this should only be used for the lulz.

Pikachu
Jolly@Light Ball
252 Atk 252 Speed
Fly
Iron Tail/Thunderpunch
Substitute
Focus Punch

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Came up with a decent idea for a mixed sweeper / wallbreaker

Blaziken@Life Orb
Naughty
252 Atk/252 Satk/4 Spd
Agility
Fire Blast/Overheat
Brick Break
EQ

Basically, use agility and then attack. The odd part about this is only 4 speed evs. After agility though, Blaziken gets above 390 spd, so you focus the evs on offence

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next