It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Movie Review: Mr. and Mrs. Smith 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<center>Image</center>

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a comedy about a bored husband and a wife who lead lives secret from one another as assassins, then have their world turned upside down when they are assigned to kill each other. Brad Pitt stars as John Smith, and the lovely Angelina Jolie does a stellar job as Jane Smith.

While out on what should be a standard everyday hit, they both stumble onto one another's plans (but can't recognize each other) and the hit fails. The two assassins are informed they have forty-eight hours to eliminate whoever it was messed up the job, and through fast research, they both become suspicious of the other. There is a dinner scene where both suspects each is trying to poison the other, which is VERY well acted is quite hilarious. A brawl ensues, and I laughed aloud with Mr. Smith riding atop Mrs. Smith's car yelling, "We need to talk!" as it careened off a ledge. There is also a scene where, after a day of attempting to kill each other, the two meet up at a restaurant and dance with each other, all the while finding secret weapons hidden all over each other.

There isn't really a whole lot I can say without giving away too much, so I'm just gonna say one more thing: Adam Brody (from The O.C.) has an entertaining supporting role as a member of some assassin agency who thinks he is a lot more important than he is.

Overall, I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes action flicks, as this movie has everything standard: a few big brawls, some explosions, big guns, a car chase, helicopters, and an enormous gunfight. It's a good, entertaining, fun movie.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Looks like an awesome movie. The whole concept of a husband and wife keeping that kind of secret is just plain intriguing. I can't wait to see it!

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:39 am
The Geek
The Geek

While I can't give a proper review of the movie, I can say this: it was pretty good. The local reviewers ALL gave it ZERO stars (something I've NEVER seen them do), but I have to disagree. Sure, it didn't exactly flow or anything (they literally go from trying to kill eachother to a love scene in 5 minutes) but it has some redeeming qualities... guns, and explosions. ;P

All in all, hardly epic, hardly award winning, but still fun. Action, comedy, numerous plot holes, and a total lack of flow.. what's not to like?

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I've always thought the idea behind the movie was cool, and I'm gonna watch it soon, once my exams are over :D

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]