Dragon Tamer

Lickilicky @Silk Scarf
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk
Explosion
Belly Drum
Substitute
Focus Punch/Return/Gyro Ball

Pretty simple really, not sure if it would work though, probably not; Sub up, Belly Drum, then Focus Punch away or Explode to break any walls or threats to your team.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{Ninetales} @ leftovers
timid 252 hp 44 spe 212 sp def

will o wisp
roar
protect
fire blast

not sure if it would work but wow the opponent take a turn of protect and then roar them away and continue to do so with fire blast there to KO things close to death

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
{Ninetales} @ leftovers
timid 252 hp 44 spe 212 sp def

will o wisp
roar
protect
fire blast

not sure if it would work but wow the opponent take a turn of protect and then roar them away and continue to do so with fire blast there to KO things close to death

Ah, good ol' pyroshuffling. Ninetales could do this pretty well because it has high special defense, probably heatran could pull this off too.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i just picked Ninetales because i satarted on a breeding prodject for someone and its hard but has made me love vulpix and Ninetales

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've been trying to make a defensive marowak recently, unfortunately It's outclassed by Hippowdon in OU, but could be nice in UU

{marowak}
Careful/Impish @ Thick club
252 hp 20atk 232s.def
-EQ/Bonemerang
-Stone edge
-Protect
-fire punch/SR/Perish song

60/110/80 defensives are pretty decent, 20atk EVs bring it to 200atk. which is doubled due to thick club making STAB EQ/Bone quite powerful. Stone edge for coverage, Protect to stall w/ perish song, scout SE moves, WoW and Trick. Last slot can be F-punch for coverage, SR as it's bulky enough to set it up or perish song to phaze incoming threats.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok i want to know if people think this is useable

{celebi} @ leftovers
bold 252 hp 56 sp atk 108 sp def 92 def

nasty plot
leaf storm
earth power
leech seed

or

{celebi} @ leftovers
bold 252 hp 180 def 76 sp def

nasty plot
leech seed
baton pass
thunder wave

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My old Hitmonlee had a very risky set

{hitmonlee}@ Salac berry
Jolly Nature +Spd -SpAtk
Ability: Limber
Ev's: 252 speed 252 attack and 4 Hp
- Sucker punch
- Mach punch
-Blaze kick
-Close Combat

Now don't get me wrong this is a high risk, high reward deception set the purpose of this set is to trick people into it is a Salac Reversaler and then nail them with a sucker punch or a mach punch A pure sweeper approach actually worked fairly well it is all about prediction and who can out predict whom it is not an easy task to use this this is for players who are decently skilled at predicting it was on my best UU team ever Blze kick and sucker punch also serve as type coverage

Counters: an Intimidate Arcanine lowers the attack CM Mismagius gets around sucker punch any psychic or ghost type with will-o-wisp's particularly Grumpig with thick fat resists because it resists fire and fighting also any thing faster than Hitmonlee will easily rip Lee to shreds or get their job done hitmonlee does have a 300 speed without salac though the last major counters to this are sleep inducers and pokemon using will-o wisp

When it works it works well when it sucks it sucks overall it is not that bad a pokemon and worth an attempt
It was on the team that got me up to 10th in smogon's a couple of years ago it was not the star of the team but was a contributing member
Azumarill, Hypno and Khangaskhan made the team go but jumpluff and I forgot my 6th on the team but it gave me a team with great synergy

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Politoed @LO
Calm - 240 HP/ 140 Def / 128 SpD
Water Absorb
- Perish Song
- Hypnosis
- Surf
- Icy Wind

For Battle Tower teams, since the Icy Wind speed drop would be pointless since they would switch out of Hypnosis or Perish Song. So it has two choices, comes in lays down Perish Song, and switchs out or puts it to sleep to avoid attacks and then switches, or comes in puts it sleep, uses Icy Wind to drop opponents speed, then switches out. Surf is there for a strong STAB move just in case it needs to go on the offensive. The EVs are placed to make it a bulky little frog, also has LO to help make it even bulkier. Water Absorb to be able to switch in on water attacks that my threaten another pokemon, Damp was an option, but SD and explosion aren't all that common in Battle Tower.

Last edited by ScaleyJones on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i like the politoed, in theory it would work really well for disabling at least one pokemon in the battle tower. only problem i can see is that a lot of battle tower people use mono-type teams, and the politoed won't be doing much against a team of sceptile, jumpluff and shiftry. whatever the case, imma try that out :D

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:18 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Slim Shady wrote:
i like the politoed, in theory it would work really well for disabling at least one pokemon in the battle tower. only problem i can see is that a lot of battle tower people use mono-type teams, and the politoed won't be doing much against a team of sceptile, jumpluff and shiftry. whatever the case, imma try that out :D

Thanks, I made it myself, and I have tested it in a team featuring Gliscor and Charizard, they cover eaach others weaknesses really well, and can take down most of every type, and because the frog switches out alot anyways mono-type teams don't pose much of a problem.

P.S. Tell me how it works out for ya!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

-snip-

Last edited by ScaleyJones on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Shedninja set isn't too unique as Smogon lists a set similar to it. Rocks kill it as well as Hail and Sandstorm.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
The Shedninja set isn't too unique as Smogon lists a set similar to it. Rocks kill it as well as Hail and Sandstorm.

Do you wish for me too snip my post, I didn't check Smogon first, my bad.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK i've been playing with this thing for a while on shoddy and its pretty good
MUFF

{jolteon} @ petaya berry
timid 252 SPE 252 SP ATK 4 SP DEF

thunderbolt
shadow ball
toxic
substitute

its basically to scout out what your opponents lead is. Unfortunatly aerodactyl usually outspeeds and can kill me you have to think when you come up against an aerodactyl but if you're in need of a bit more power just sub down to the petaya boost

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since smogon thinks the only set good for Umbreon is trap pass...

-Cursed Cleric-
{umbreon}
Careful @ Synchronize
252HP 252DEF 4SPD
Custap berry/Leftovers
-Wish
-Heal bell
-Curse
-Payback

Easily the most defensive wish/bell user outside of event wishbliss. Wish gives the usual heal/support. Heal bell cures teamates and allows good abuse of synchronize to throw back T-wave, Wow and deters toxic. Curse up while waiting on wish to keep even SE moves from hurting to much and Payback for good damage. the 4speed can allow a curse before other nospeed base 65 pokes like scizor and some TTar. Custap is very useful to get a final wish in or throw a weaker payback to KO the opponent and receive it's own wish. You can also switch out and bring Umby in later to use the berry and get a priority wish/bell. Leftovers is also quite good for recovery

Some SE damage calcs after one curse.

Non-LO Infernape's CC 35-42%(LO is 2hko)
CB Scizor's U-turn 47-56% Superpower 54-64%(small chance of 2hko due to attack drop)
Max attack Machamp's DP 45-53%

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{shuckle}@life orb
Jolly
252spd/252def/4hp
-Rock Polish
-Power Trick
-Stone Edge/Rock slide
-Earthquake

Unbeleivably humiliating shuckle sweeper. He can break 400 speed after rock polishing three times and over 600 atk after power trick. SE and EQ are great for coverage.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blastiose_ex wrote:
{shuckle}@life orb
Jolly
252spd/252def/4hp
-Rock Polish
-Power Trick
-Stone Edge/Rock slide
-Earthquake

Unbeleivably humiliating shuckle sweeper. He can break 400 speed after rock polishing three times and over 600 atk after power trick. SE and EQ are great for coverage.

How are you gonna survive the 4turns to set that up and still have enough HP to use LO?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{raichu} @ Choice Band
Jolly
252speed/252attack/4hp
-Volt Tackle
-Brick Break
-Return
-Iron Tail

This is the set that I turned my shiny event Pichu into, making it into a Raichu instead of a light ball Pikachu. The set's advantages over its pre-evolved counterpart include better speed and the ability to actually survive a hit or two in the UU environment. With the band, the attack stat remains quite high. Thanks to a stab Volt Tackle, Raichu can come in and do some massive damage, especially on pokemon expecting a special set like that of most Raichu. The recoil may bite a little bit, but I find it that most of the time Raichu can survive using 3 VTs before fainting. Brick Break is helpful against the rock/ground and steel/ground types. The last two moves are significantly less useful, but the very poor physical movepool that Raichu has doesn't give it too many options. In the event of not moving first, Raichu can usually survive a nonboosted special attack in UU. When faced against a faster pokemon using a physical attack, there's a smaller chance of survival but if Raichu doesn't faint then there's a nice chance of the opponent being paralyzed thanks to static. Mostly due to the awesome power of stab VT, this set always allows my Raichu to do massive damage and he almost always gets in more than one KO.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MasterChef wrote:

How are you gonna survive the 4turns to set that up and still have enough HP to use LO?

I thought about that so i decided to use a ninjask bp lead instead and replace polish for substitute.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{poliwrath}
Damp
Adamant
252 HP, 208 Atk, 36 SpD, 12 Spe
Bulk Up
Waterfall
Earthquake
Vacuum Wave

This is an Anti-Explosion Lead Poliwrath. His ability Damp makes him completely immune to Explosion, and most lead with Explosion can't do a thing to it, except Psychic Azelf. Bulk Up is so that physical attackers can't do much, and Waterfall and Earthquake will take care of Metagross and Heatran. Vacuum Wave is mainly to laugh in the face of unsuspecting Aerodactyl. The given EVs allow Poliwrath to 2HKO Metagross with a +1 EQ, 2HKO Heatran with Waterfall, and a high chance to 2HKO Azelf with Waterfall. It can also survive some attacks from other leads (HP Grass from Heatran 3HKOs), allowing it to set up.

Unfortunately, it has a couple points against it. First, it can't learn Fake Out or entry hazards. Second, anything that it is not designed to beat will probably beat it (ex. Machamp, Swampert). I wouldn't personally use it, but t is an interesting choice if you're daring. I originally had it hold a Lum Berry, but it can't beat things that would status anyway, so I'm unsure of the item. I've considered Leftovers or Rindo Berry, though.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You could use Jaboca berry on it, it basically reflects fake out and puts pokes like Infernape in a bad spot, Also you can Waterfall to areodactyl's sash and bulk up while it attacks and KO's itself.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You're right, Jaboca makes a good Sashbreaker, although I don't see all that much use for it, except Infernape, and in certain situations Aerodactyl.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Articuno @ LO
Mild - 200 Spd / 146 Sp Atk / 100 Sp Def / 64 HP
Pressure
- U-Turn
- Tailwind
- Reflect/Light Screen
- Ice Beam

Simple strategy. You can either Reflect or Light Screen up or don't do anything. Then Tailwind and either U-Turn out to another poke, or proceed to Ice Beam your opponent. You can choose Reflect to cover its lower Def stat, or Light Screen to up its Sp Def stat. It depends on your personal preference. EVs on speed for Tailwind reasons, EVs in Sp Atk to increase its Ice Beam so it can go on the offensive, EVs on Sp Def because its already pretty good, can be switched to Def if you go with Reflect. In hindsight Suicune can also fill this roll, but lacks U-Turn

Last edited by ScaleyJones on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{articuno} with Timid??? With U-Turn, The move itself is awesome, but with a Timid {articuno}? How about Mild or Lonely?
That's just me though.
Please, hold my other eggs for me! Go to torchie13125's profile and see them all!

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So this is a concept set, but It should work as a good dragon tail shuffler.

{daikenki} (Oshawott's final evo)
Jolly @ Leftovers/Red card
4hp 252atk 252spd
-Waterfall/Megahorn/Assurance
-Aqua Jet
-Dragon Tail
-Copycat

Firstly SR and/or spikes should be set up, Bring Daikenki into something that it can take a hit from and use Dragon tail to phaze. If the switch in is slower you can use copycat to reuse dragon tail without negative priority. once targets are weakened use Waterfall/Megahorn to finish them off.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next