It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Magikarp's Hidden Strength (One-Shot Rated G) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My first fanfic ever! Open to all comments!

One sunny morning, Coach Lapras was instructing Pokemon how to battle at Water-type Academy, deep in Seafoam Islands. He blew his whistle. "Who's next?" He looked at his notes. "Goldeen?"

Goldeen walked over to Lapras's desk and slipped him $20. "I'd rather not partake in these silly little games. I've got much better things to do."

Lapras's eyes turned into dollar signs. "Whatever you say!" Goldeen's dad, Seaking, was an executive at Goldenrod City's Radio Tower, so they had all the money in the world.

"By the way, my daddy's signing me out at 1:30 to bring me to a super contest all the way in Hearthome City," Goldeen bragged.

Coach Lapras crossed something off his list, then he announced, "All right then. I guess we have Magikarp next."

Magikarp hid behind a bookshelf. The bookshelf collapsed, so he hid in the closet. Eventually, another student named Vaporeon (who had already did her move performance already and was excellent) found him.

"What moves do you know?" Coach Lapras asked.

Magikarp looked down at his fins. "Splash," he said softly.

"What? Splash? You know Splash? You're a crackup!" Coach Lapras chuckled. He rolled on the floor laughing. "Ha! Splashing around to no effect at all! Haha!"

To no effect at all. The words rang in Magikarp's head. Finally, he said, "I'm not kidding."

Coach Lapras got off the floor. "Oh." Everyone was silent for a moment. Then, they all started laughing.

"Don't worry," Goldeen told Magikarp as she batted her eyelashes. "We're not laughing at you. We're laughing with you! Oh wait. We are laughing at you." The class burst into laughter again.

When class was over, Magikarp swam home. He hid in his bedroom and locked the door, crying.

Later, his mom knocked on the door. "Dinner's ready!" she yelled.

"I don't want any," Magikarp said.

"But I picked Blue Apricorns - your favorite!" Mama Magikarp called. But Magikarp still did not come out.

At night, when Magikarp was supposed to be sleeping, he sneaked out to the Lake Of Rage, where he trained all night long. He worked very hard battling wild Pokemon, and he didn't stop for anything - not even Blue Apricorns!

The next morning, when the Dragonite Bus made his rounds to bring the little Pokemon to school, Magikarp didn't get on the bus. . .but Gyarados did!

Magikarp had evolved into Gyarados, a Water-and-Flying-type Pokemon that weighed 518.1 pounds.

At school, Coach Lapras was taking attendance. "Magikarp?" he called, but no one answered. He looked at Magikarp's desk, where Gyarados was sitting, casually.

"Magikarp. . .is that you?" Coach Lapras stammered.

"Yep, he has the same eyes," Poliwag said.

"I feel so guilty. Gyarados, why don't you retake your battle exam?" Coach Lapras offered.

Gyarados happily proceeded to the front of the room and showed off his cool moves, like Bite, Ice Fang, and Dragon Rush. Now, Gyarados was the strongest Pokemon in the whole class!

Credit goes to Baby~Eevee for avatar!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hah, cute story, I would've preferred it if he stayed as a magikarp and you documented his magikarp adventures being picked on and so forth, but made me dawwwww nonetheless

9/10, would like to read more :)

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

it's so simplistic, but i really like it!! for some reason, i sincerely felt bad for Magikarp; his plight pulled at my heartstrings, as corny as that may sound. like DragonPhoenix, I give this a 9/10!! write more stuff like this, please.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When I first read the title, I was like: "WTF? A story about a stupid Magikarp?" Well, I was proven wrong. I felt so bad for the Magikarp, and by the end, I loved him! You should write more stories with the Gyarados (from Magikarp) as the main character. It'd be great. Keep it up!
(Can I make a new topic here without PMing the mods or signing up? If I have to sign up, where is the thread to do that? Thank you! Oh, I was going to make my story based on the RP I started, except it's going to be about the boy, Rynn, instead of Julie. That's what it was supposed to be, but I didn't want to play as a guy, as I'm a girl.)

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hehe thanks guys, in the future I may write more about the whole community. There will be a Slowpoke who always forgets things, a Teddiursa that's so cute that it gets away with everything, a Starly that's a mailman...and whatever else I can think of.

Credit goes to Baby~Eevee for avatar!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Awesome, sounds good! I'm a big fan, looking forward especially to mailman starly! Gaah someone should draw up some cute artwork for you too :3 I'm a sucker for loser-nerd kid who gets the hot-bimbo girl through songwriting and romantic dates kinda thing. YES IM A LOSER I KNOW. lol.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

dude that's a pretty good story. i give it about 9.5/10. if there was a longer ending i would have given you a 10

Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]