It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The How-To Guide For Ruining Vampires Stephenie MeyerEdition 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[color=#8040FF]This is my latest essay that I wrote for college. I would not recommend reading this if you are an irrational Twlight Fanboy/Fangirl. Or an irrational Stephenie Meyer Fanboy/Fangirl.

Vampires have invaded the human mind for many years. Old stories portrayed vampires as demons from Hell out to kill the innocent. These stories plagued the human mind with fear. Villagers in small villages across Europe were afraid they would be swooped up from their slumber to join the ranks of the undead. Many excellent stories have been written to portray vampires in their true light, as bringers of fear and death. Sadly there are ways to ruin vampires. Stephenie Meyer, the author of the acclaimed Twilight Saga, has done just that in a swift process. I will shed some light on this process.
The first step in the process to ruin vampires in Mrs. Meyer

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*applauds*

Really, now everyone wants to meet a vampire (or at least many girls, at least). They want to have their precious "Edward~" or "Jacob~," which is really stupid because either one of them would probably be able to rip your throat out and enjoy it. Which I find vaguely creepy and/or scary, to tell the truth.

So, to sum up my opinion:

Twilight sucks. Non-Stephanie Meyer monsters are still interesting, though.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks Rex. The grade on the essay was an 83, due to me being lazy with the spacing between paragraphs, and not adding commas here and there.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, it was definitely interesting to see someone else's opinions on this, so, no problem!! And :( for the grammar mistakes, but at least they liked the content!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
*standing ovation*
Attachment:
Crap.jpg
equals
Attachment:
Twilight.jpg
(it's actually made of sand, so don't get PO'ed)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why do they hate Stephanie Meyer so much?
But I did LOL at your pic, Edoc'Sil.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sadly, your proffessor is correct, and so are you. Sex sells, and this proves that. By both ruining one of the coolest ideas of fiction/history/horror AND creating a cult scarrier then that found in Indiana Jones' Temple of Doom, the Twilight Saga has forever shat on the idea of blood suckers and they will forever be laughed at and scoffed to for centries to come. Even "Daybreakers" (the Vampire movie to bring back VAMPIRIC MOVIES!!!) Fails and is laughed at, for even they could not get away from their main character being named "EDWARD".

There's still a little bit of hope for the Wolfman, though. And even if the Black kids (Jacob Black, for Black is their name, regardless of how Tan they are) ruin the name, we shall always have Zombies and Frankienstein and Axe-Murderers. TWIST THAT, Steph!

All-Around nice essay, may I say. But I am suprised it would be given a good grade at college-level standings. You have a cool proffessor. Cherish them...

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well thanks for the compliment there comedianmasta, but I don't really know how to react to that last part. This isn't how I turned it in. Whenever I copied and pasted it from Microsoft Word to here everything got messed up. Still thanks for saying it was a nice essay, even though it is definitely not my best work. Still I am glad other people share some of my opinions.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, at least I get your reason for not liking her. Yeah, the one thing I don't like about Stephanie Meyer is that she totally ruined the vamps' reputation. After Bram Stoker? Dracula went crazy! And then vamp stories got weirder and weirder, and she completely destroyed the whole "dracula" thing. However, I'm a staunch fan of The Host, so don't totally attack her.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Host was good. It was an original concept and a very good story, though kinda drawn out a bit. I hate her view on Vampires and her a bit because what she did to them and literary standards, all opinion based on the literary standards.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I hate how she handled leaks of one of her books. After Twilight got leaked, and her new book (whichever one is from Edward's Perspective) she had a child-like hissy fit and said she was never going to write again, she felt betrayed by family and fans, blah blah blah... I lost all respect for her as a persaon and as a writer.

As bad as it is, leaks happen and you have to deal with it.

And because of THAT moment, I refused to read the host. I know that in itself I'm acting childish, but That's how I am.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Don't worry I lost all respect for her as a writer myself after that hissy fit she threw. Even though I hate the Twilight books, I did want to see how she would rewrite it from Edwards perspective, the book was to be called Midnight Sun. The Host is the only thing of hers I will read now. Meyer should have taken a page from J.K. Rowling's book. When a part of the last Harry Potter book got leaked, Rowling didn't through a tantrum. She handled it with grace, and fired the right proper person that did the leak.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]