It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Munches Mix Tier Tourney!!!!!!!! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm going to throw my two cents in and say that Quick Claw should be allowed. Chance items, like all items can either help or hurt you. Quick Claw only has a small chance of happening, just about the same chance of getting burn from Flamethrower, para from Thunderbolt, freeze from Ice Beam, or any of the status effects from Tri Attack. Sure Quick Claw can be annoying, but there is always luck put into battling, so if someone wants to rely more on luck then let them. Also if Quick Claw is banned then ban Razor Claw or Razor Fang, as their effect is totally luck based, just as Quick Claw's is.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
I'm going to throw my two cents in and say that Quick Claw should be allowed. Chance items, like all items can either help or hurt you. Quick Claw only has a small chance of happening, just about the same chance of getting burn from Flamethrower, para from Thunderbolt, freeze from Ice Beam, or any of the status effects from Tri Attack. Sure Quick Claw can be annoying, but there is always luck put into battling, so if someone wants to rely more on luck then let them. Also if Quick Claw is banned then ban Razor Claw or Razor Fang, as their effect is totally luck based, just as Quick Claw's is.

I'd agree with that IF the item wasn't able to be descisive in the final outcome. If his Metagross doesn't outspeed my Infernape, I would have gotten the kill without having to bring in my wall to keep ape from getting "out sped" again and dying. If I hadn't done that, I would have had enough HP on said wall to survive his attack that killed me during the battle, and explode on his Tentacreul, thus winning 4-0. Again for emphasis. I went from winning FOUR to ZERO, to having to put up with his toxic stalling, because of the quick claw. For lack of a better word, that is utter ****.

Again, I think that battling should be about who played better, not who gets luckier.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Then Any Move that uses luck should be banned If it doesn't have a 100 percent chance happen then its just "luck"

Also that metagross you faced was the very same Metagross I used In the VGWC w/ the quick claw It was a very good LEGIT strategy.

As far as Smogons Concerned, Using quick claw is not HAX but rather a calculated gamble

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:
Then Any Move that uses luck should be banned If it doesn't have a 100 percent chance happen then its just "luck"

Also that metagross you faced was the very same Metagross I used In the VGWC w/ the quick claw It was a very good LEGIT strategy.

As far as Smogon is concerned, Using quick claw is not HAX but rather a calculated gamble

You continue to site Smogon as a source for your arguement, but the fact is that 90% of them agree with me. Think of what Smogon is made for. To provide info on EVs, IVs and movesets. All of that stuff goes out the window when hax comes into play. You think it would be fair if a Bronzong outsped a Timid, max speed Jolteon just because of it's item? They sure don't. That's why in virtually every Smogon tourney there is a ban on hax items. It's not a legit strategy. The difference between move has and items has are totally different btw. You can't control move hax, but you can make the game fair by at least using an item that doesn't promote hax. And "calculated gamble," really? More like pray that your bs item provides you with the unfair advantage that you were looking for when you put it on.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Last post I am going to say on this. You can't control move hax, this is true. You can't control Item hax on the other hand either. Sometimes you might not even get a Quick Claw boost, other times you might hit it every time. Luck exists in all Pokemon battles, if someone wants to rely more on luck than let them. Thems the breaks. Besides there was no rule listing in the original post forbidding any items at all, so as far as /xVx knew Quick Claw was legal. Also /xVx this isn't Smogon, Psypoke doesn't abide by Smogon rulings, really the only thing we abide by from Smogon is the tier system. But then again 99% of Pokemon sites use Smogon's tiering anyway so that point is moot.

Hax exists in the game in all forms of the game. Para Flinch. ScarfRachi. Sand Veil. All these rely on hax and luck, the game is never fair completely. I have had plenty of battles that explain that completely. To finish this, who would leave in a Jolteon on a Bronzong anyway? Jolteon couldn't OHKO Zong, and Zong would fire off an EQ more than likely to OHKO Jolteon.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes I know its not smogon which my point, Thank you for agreeing.
(Said in 300 spartian style voice)
This is ... PSYPOKE!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
Last post I am going to say on this. You can't control move hax, this is true. You can't control Item hax on the other hand either. Sometimes you might not even get a Quick Claw boost, other times you might hit it every time. Luck exists in all Pokemon battles, if someone wants to rely more on luck than let them. Thems the breaks. Besides there was no rule listing in the original post forbidding any items at all, so as far as /xVx knew Quick Claw was legal. Also /xVx this isn't Smogon, Psypoke doesn't abide by Smogon rulings, really the only thing we abide by from Smogon is the tier system. But then again 99% of Pokemon sites use Smogon's tiering anyway so that point is moot.

Hax exists in the game in all forms of the game. Para Flinch. ScarfRachi. Sand Veil. All these rely on hax and luck, the game is never fair completely. I have had plenty of battles that explain that completely. To finish this, who would leave in a Jolteon on a Bronzong anyway? Jolteon couldn't OHKO Zong, and Zong would fire off an EQ more than likely to OHKO Jolteon.

Im afraid that i misread and i didn't include hax clause in the rules so /vWv is technically in the right, but believe me Nasty i know how you feel, and don't forget you have your other opponent to try and beat and get through to the next round.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Quick Claws allowed or no Quick Claws?

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

quick claw allowed i forgot to put it in the rules.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okey dokey. Cool

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When is the first round going to end? Or does it end when we do both battles in the pairings?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

when everyone completes there matches for round 1 and 2

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

/vXv\ has beaten me in our 2nd round match

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Battle confirmed

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok so /vWv has won all his/her games so you have 6 points and Nasty and wail have 1 each

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thats MR. /vXv\ (Note the ? symbol way under my name)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

why do i have 1 point? I lost both of my battles.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2