It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GenV Team Rating Center! (Closed for the time being) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As with all Rating Centers here, there are some rules that you have to follow so that we don't have problems. Any teams that do not follow these rules will not be rated.

-------------------THE RULES-----------------

1. You may only post a team here if:
You do not have any of the Shame Ranks (Probation, Illiterate, Fails at life, etc)
You have not posted a Team in the last month

2. All standard Psypoke Forums and Battle Forum Rules apply - no spamming, vulgar language, etc.
2a. Bad Spelling or Grammar throughout the entire post will not be tolerated. Can't spell? Spell Check exists for a reason. Use 1337speak throughout and your whole team will be deleted on the spot if I happen to notice it. Also, only Raters may use colors, bold/italic/underlined font, etc. No excessive use of smilies - try to keep it to only using the {pokemon} one when you are listing your team info. Sentences such as "My counters your " are annoying and will be removed.

3. The format for posting a team is as follows:

Copy, Paste and answer this:
Quote:
[Game]:
[Team Theme]:
[Battling Environment]:
[Team Preview]:
[Restrictions]:
[Reply]:

[Game] Refers to which pokemon game your using: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heartgold/SoulSliver, Black/White, Pokemon Online Etc.

[Team Theme] If your team is based on Offence, Stall, Baton Pass, Balanced, Sandstream, Drizzle say so here.

[Battling Environment] UU, OU, Ubers, Matchup Wifi, Dream World, Battle Subway, E4 etc. Also add Double, Triple, Rotation or Miracle shooter if your playing those.

[Team Preview] Any in-game wifi battles have this. It's seeing your opponent's team before battle and vice-versa. Some 6v6 formats on PO have this turned off.

[Restriction] If you are unable to use 3rd gen tutors, Hidden Power etc. say so here. Also all teams will be rated with OHKO and Evasion Clause unless stated here.

[Reply] If you want your response openly posted say "Post" or via Private message say "PM"

Next post your pokemon in this format.

Quote:
Pokemon {pokemon} @ Item
Nature - EV Spread (add IV spread if special, all will be assumed 31 otherwise)
Ability
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

A short description of the pokemon - I would suggest aiming for about 3-5 sentences, (1-2 sentence descriptions are unacceptable). Here, describe the purpose of the pokemon - why did you choose this specific pokemon, with this specific moveset, over the other 649 pokemon there are? Mention what the Pokemon's role in your team is - for instance, is your pokemon a Lead, designed to set up entry hazards like Stealth Rock or Spikes? Is it an Attacker, intended to hit the opponent hard with attacks to weaken them? Is it a Baton Passer, giving the key stat boosts to another pokemon on your team that it needs in order to sweep the foe? Is it a Tank, or a Supporter, or a Spinner, or any of the other various roles a pokemon can have? Mention if your pokemon is intended to counter any specific pokemon (for instance, say how Magnezone is your number one Skarmory counter), or if there are any specific pokemon that counter yours (like how your Skarmory's number one fear is Magnezone).

<Repeat for each pokemon in the team.>

4. Do not post incomplete teams. If you chose 5 pokemon by yourself, you don't need us to find you a 6th. Same goes for items, nature, EVs, moves - if you can't think of a fourth move to put in, pick one out that looks decent. If on the other hand you cannot decide between two moves, feel free to mention both in your moveset listing.

5. Do not complain if your team is not rated after only a short time. The raters have lives that consist of things that don't involve rating your team.
If your team appears to have been skipped (if teams posted after yours have been rated even though yours has not been), then you may make a post pointing this out to the raters, who will either get to it ASAP or explain why it was skipped (if it did not follow an important rule). Otherwise, there shall be no "When will my team be rated?" posts.

6. If you posted a team in the Rating Center w/Pancakes that has not yet been rated, you will need to post it again here to get it rated.

7. Do not post more than one team per month. I don't care if they're different. Posting multiple teams just causes more backlog.

8. The raters have authority to deny rating a team to any poster who does not follow any of the above rules, or for any reason not listed above. They also may add, delete, and change rules at their discretion.
8a. If you are not Rater, do not critique or say anything about another person's team. The test to become a rater is here. If you want to talk about other people's teams, take the test and hope you pass.

9. Rules are subject to change.

Current Team Raters
MasonTheChef
zPIRATED
Blastoise_EX
Aquadude
Shuckle-rock$
Pegir
/vXv\
IceArceus12

And you can now start posting your teams :)

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Game-B/W
Team Theme- N/A
Batteling Environment- Battle subway/ Random Matchup Single
Restrictions- Stink at breeding for specific natures/Iv's, dont know all Ev's of Every single poke, have not yet transfered all pokes over to white yet from platinum, no acess to DW abilites yet, no access to Ev reducing berries
Reply- post

Skarmory lvl 50
252 Hp/252 DEF/ 6 speed
impish nature
Ability= Sturdy
Item=leftovers
Roar
Stealth rock
Roost
Brave Bird

Say hello to my lead. I tweaked this from a set I found on GameFaq.com. I used Roar instead of the suggested whirlwind because, well I didnt relaize until after 5 hours of breeding for the impish nature, that whirlwind also needed to be bred on. I went with stealth rock over Spikes, that was just personal preferance. Anyways. On my first turn Skarmory sets up stealth rock. I follow that up by a few roars to ensure that all of the opponets pokes have gotten Stealth rocks at leats once, and to see what im up against. If any of the pokes Can be taken out by bravebird in one shot, I go for it. If not I continue Roar, until they are weak enough so that 1or 2 bravebirds can take em out. Roost when needed. As im not one for defensive pokes, I find that this skarmory set is ratehr enjoyable. The Sturdy ability has also gotten me out of a few tight spots.

Meinshoa lvl 50
6hp/252 att/252 speed
Jolly nature
ABility= Regerator
item= Wide lens
Fake out
High jump kick
Stone edge
U-turn

This is another set I got from GameFaq. One tweak I did was give it the Wide lens over the lIfe Orb, mainly because I dont have the Life Orb, Yet. Meinshoa comes into play when Skarmory goes down. Fake out the first turn. High Jump kick is for stab. Stone edge is for Flying types. U-turn for healing ( thanks to Regenerator) or to get away from pshycic types ( or aything else I cant take down). This set works ratehr well, although It does get OHKO'd rather easily by powerful moves such as hammer arm or psyhic moves. Works with Zapdos to switch between them.

Zapdos lvl 100
Timid nature
Ev's- (please note that these Ev's are just an estimate.) 170Hp/170 Sp.Att/ 170 Sp.Def
Abilty= pressure.
Thunderbolt
voltswitch
shockwave
drillpeck

The biggest problem with this guy is that i dont know it's specifc Ev's. That said, i find that this Zapdos does work ratehr well( AFTER I gave it T-bolt). Voltswitch is so tha tI can swith back to Meinshao, if the need arises. T-bolt is for stab. Shockwave is for anyone who really likes double team. Drillpick is also for stab. The reason why Zapdos isn't holding an item, is simply because I havent thought of a good one to give it yet. AS for why I chose him, It was suggested, and I went and ran with it.

Tyhanks in ad

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD wrote:
Game-B/W
Team Theme- N/A
Batteling Environment- Battle subway/ Random Matchup Single
Restrictions- Stink at breeding for specific natures/Iv's, dont know all Ev's of Every single poke, have not yet transfered all pokes over to white yet from platinum, no acess to DW abilites yet, no access to Ev reducing berries
Reply- post

Skarmory lvl 50
252 Hp/252 DEF/ 6 speed
impish nature
Ability= Sturdy
Item=leftovers
Roar
Stealth rock
Roost
Brave Bird

Say hello to my lead. I tweaked this from a set I found on GameFaq.com. I used Roar instead of the suggested whirlwind because, well I didnt relaize until after 5 hours of breeding for the impish nature, that whirlwind also needed to be bred on. I went with stealth rock over Spikes, that was just personal preferance. Anyways. On my first turn Skarmory sets up stealth rock. I follow that up by a few roars to ensure that all of the opponets pokes have gotten Stealth rocks at leats once, and to see what im up against. If any of the pokes Can be taken out by bravebird in one shot, I go for it. If not I continue Roar, until they are weak enough so that 1or 2 bravebirds can take em out. Roost when needed. As im not one for defensive pokes, I find that this skarmory set is ratehr enjoyable. The Sturdy ability has also gotten me out of a few tight spots.

I'd give the leftovers to zapdos and give Skarm either Lum or a Red Card. Def EVs can be moved to S.def to hold a bit better against neutral special attacks. Aside from that it's fine.
GofD wrote:
Meinshao lvl 50
6hp/252 att/252 speed
Jolly nature
ABility= Regerator
item= Wide lens
Fake out
High jump kick
Stone edge
U-turn

This is another set I got from GameFaq. One tweak I did was give it the Wide lens over the lIfe Orb, mainly because I dont have the Life Orb, Yet. Meinshoa comes into play when Skarmory goes down. Fake out the first turn. High Jump kick is for stab. Stone edge is for Flying types. U-turn for healing ( thanks to Regenerator) or to get away from pshycic types ( or aything else I cant take down). This set works ratehr well, although It does get OHKO'd rather easily by powerful moves such as hammer arm or psyhic moves. Works with Zapdos to switch between them.

Looks good, I'd say LO as well, but Wide lens does make HJK alot safer.

GofD wrote:
Zapdos lvl 100
Timid nature
Ev's- (please note that these Ev's are just an estimate.) 170Hp/170 Sp.Att/ 170 Sp.Def
Abilty= pressure.
Thunderbolt
voltswitch
shockwave
drillpeck

The biggest problem with this guy is that i dont know it's specifc Ev's. That said, i find that this Zapdos does work ratehr well( AFTER I gave it T-bolt). Voltswitch is so tha tI can swith back to Meinshao, if the need arises. T-bolt is for stab. Shockwave is for anyone who really likes double team. Drillpick is also for stab. The reason why Zapdos isn't holding an item, is simply because I havent thought of a good one to give it yet. AS for why I chose him, It was suggested, and I went and ran with it.

With that spread you may be best with:
Leftovers
Substitute/Volt change
Roost
Toxic
T-bolt/Sky drop/Heat wave/Volt switch

Standard sub/roost stall, toxic when able and use T-bolt for damage, Sky drop will do less but is nice for turn stalling(and is illegal in random matchup), Heat wave gives you the ability to beat Ferrothorn and counter Scizor. Volt switch will ruin your sub but against faster pokes will allow Mienshao to come back in and fakeout+toxic damage. If you can get another one go with Timid 192hp 64def 252spd.

Overall looks ok, powerful special attackers can be a big threat as the team is rather low there. Same with Physical sweepers once they get through Skarmory.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just a question about the one post a month thing...

Can this rule be void if you have over X amount of posts?
I'm not going to go posting a team every week, but I might like to post at least two a month.
Of course I won't be doing this every month, but I'd still like to know if it would be okay.

And if you say no to that, can I at least post two teams this month because its the opening?
I have already made three teams since the time the game came out, but havn't found a spot to get help, so maybe the rule could be effective as of May?

Thanks in advance
~HTP

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for that Mason . I think Im gonna try those tweaks on my Zapdos.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[Game]:B/W
[Team Theme]:Taking hard hits and Hitting back hard (Tanks)
[Battling Environment]:VGWC, Double
[Team Preview]:think its on...
[Restrictions]:Item clause, speciecs claues. Unova region only pokemon. Zekrom, reshiram, kurem, victini, Genesect, keldao, meloneta are banned. (OU) Berry which haven't been released also can't be used
[Reply]:Post

Anywhere below where it says /Defenses means extra EVs that can be spread either to Offence or to defenses. more than likely I will boost defenses as the 110 standard was meant to withstand base 130 offensive pokemon with max attack and choice (AKA Garchomp) but now there are quiet a few Unova pokes with over 130 base offence, I.E. Haxorus, chandlure, Exadrill, Escavalier, conkeldurr, archeops, daramintian, volcrona
Hydregion
Modest w/life orb @ Levitate
EVs 252 HP 60 DF 60 SD 138 SA/Defenses
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Surf
?????/Taunt/Dark Pulse
>Easily one of the strongest Pokemon available in this VGWC, levitate protects it from everyone earthquakes, taunt is an option but since its slower than normal it will be difficult to use effectively, Dark pulse gets stab but its only better if it get SE which risks a justified switch-in.

Throh
Adamant w/ Red Card @ Guts
EVs 252 HP 100 DF 100 SD 58 AT/Defenses
Storm Throw
Payback
Earthquake
?????/Wide Guard-See other topic/Protect
>Hopefully wide guard works verse surf/earthquake otherwise I'll need to run Protect, Storm throw's guarantied CH cuts through any defensive boosts, due to its speed payback will most likely hit for double damage, Red card on a slow pokemon sounds like a bad idea because your foe gets to send out what ever pokemon they want and you can only use prediction to choose your move, however the foe will most likely choose some thing that resists fighting moves so payback will likely be SE (ghost, psy) I choose guts over moldbreaker for two reasons, one is hydregions levitate, mursharna's telepathy and the other is guts lets it absorb status

Bouffalant
Adamant w/ leftovers @ Sap sipper
EVs 252 HP 20 DF 20 SD 218 AT/Defenses
Head Charge/Thrash
Payback
Earthquake
Wild Charge
>Sap sipper is chosen here because it allows it to switch in on grass attacks aimed at terrakion, thrash doesn't get recoil but you get locked into it

Terrakion
Adamant w/ choice band @ Justified
EVs 252 HP 60 DF 60 SD 138 AT/Defenses
Sacred Sword
Rock Slide
Earthquake
??????/Quick Attack/Protect
> Simply Powerful set, justified is useful to take dark type attacks aimed at Musharna, quick attack gets you a priority move

Musharna
Modest w/ Lum Berry @ Telepathy
EVs 252 HP 100 DF 20 SD 138 SA/Defenses
Psychic
Shadow ball/????????
Hidden Power [Fight]
Moonlight
> A second Special based tank, not as usefull, but telepathy helps it avoid earthquake/surf, It has a small move pool so It may be more helpful as a supporter
Helping Hand, Magic Coat-Which now bounces taunt!,Yawn all are options

Mandibuzz
Adamant w/ Bright Powder @ Over Coat
EVs 252 HP 252 AT 4 SD
Brave Bird
Knock off
Bone rush
Roost
>This Set is Basic, smogon suggests whirlwind over Bone rush, but since this doubles its not as useful, bonerush is good for hurting steel types which can be problematic, knock off is just to deprive the foe of their item.

Waffles needed!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
[Game]:B/W
[Team Theme]:Taking hard hits and Hitting back hard (Tanks)
[Battling Environment]:VGWC, Double
[Team Preview]:think its on...
[Restrictions]:Item clause, speciecs claues. Unova region only pokemon. Zekrom, reshiram, kurem, victini, Genesect, keldao, meloneta are banned. (OU) Berry which haven't been released also can't be used
[Reply]:Post

Hydregion
Modest w/life orb @ Levitate
EVs 252 HP 60 DF 60 SD 138 SA/Defenses
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Surf
?????/Taunt/Dark Pulse
>Easily one of the strongest Pokemon available in this VGWC, levitate protects it from everyone earthquakes, taunt is an option but since its slower than normal it will be difficult to use effectively, Dark pulse gets stab but its only better if it get SE which risks a justified switch-in.

Go with dark pulse. HP psychic may work as well to cover fighting types since the team has 3weak 1resist.
/vXv\ wrote:
Throh
Adamant w/ Red Card @ Guts
EVs 252 HP 100 DF 100 SD 58 AT/Defenses
Storm Throw
Payback
Earthquake
?????/Wide Guard-See other topic/Protect
>Hopefully wide guard works verse surf/earthquake otherwise I'll need to run Protect, Storm throw's guarantied CH cuts through any defensive boosts, due to its speed payback will most likely hit for double damage, Red card on a slow pokemon sounds like a bad idea because your foe gets to send out what ever pokemon they want and you can only use prediction to choose your move, however the foe will most likely choose some thing that resists fighting moves so payback will likely be SE (ghost, psy) I choose guts over moldbreaker for two reasons, one is hydregions levitate, mursharna's telepathy and the other is guts lets it absorb status

Wide Guard DOES protect from ally attacks. Throh works best as defensive/support so move those atk EVs to def for more bulk, and try Circle throw over Storm to scout/phaze and Body slam to spread paralysis.
/vXv\ wrote:
Bouffalant
Adamant w/ leftovers @ Sap sipper
EVs 252 HP 20 DF 20 SD 218 AT/Defenses
Head Charge/Thrash
Payback
Earthquake
Wild Charge
>Sap sipper is chosen here because it allows it to switch in on grass attacks aimed at terrakion, thrash doesn't get recoil but you get locked into it

Go with head charge as you can't choose what to hit with thrash. Max the Atk EVs and the rest is fine.
/vXv\ wrote:
Terrakion
Adamant w/ choice band @ Justified
EVs 252 HP 60 DF 60 SD 138 AT/Defenses
Sacred Sword
Rock Slide
Earthquake
??????/Quick Attack/Protect
> Simply Powerful set, justified is useful to take dark type attacks aimed at Musharna, quick attack gets you a priority move

If you can get it go with a Jolly one + max speed. Even without max that speed stat or use Conkelldurr. Quick attack or SD in the last slot. Bulk up+Mach punch conkeldurr would still do better here IMO.

/vXv\ wrote:
Musharna
Modest w/ Lum Berry @ Telepathy
EVs 252 HP 100 DF 20 SD 138 SA/Defenses
Psychic
Shadow ball/????????
Hidden Power [Fight]
Moonlight
> A second Special based tank, not as usefull, but telepathy helps it avoid earthquake/surf, It has a small move pool so It may be more helpful as a supporter
Helping Hand, Magic Coat-Which now bounces taunt!,Yawn all are options

You got nice synergy with telepahty here and the set is fine, but with the team's many fight weakness you may want to use Confagrigus to fully block and threaten them with mummy.

Confagrigus
Calm @ Lum
252HP252S.def
Protect/Endure (Endure abuses mummy better)
Shadow Ball
HP fight
Nastyplot/Toxic/Haze/Power Split (NP to threaten a sweep, toxic to break a wall, haze to... haze, power split to weaken opposing attackers and empower you, but go for min atk. s.atk IVs)

Jellicent can do great here as well.

/vXv\ wrote:
Mandibuzz

Adamant w/ Bright Powder @ Over Coat
EVs 252 HP 252 AT 4 SD
Brave Bird
Knock off
Bone rush
Roost
>This Set is Basic, smogon suggests whirlwind over Bone rush, but since this doubles its not as useful, bonerush is good for hurting steel types which can be problematic, knock off is just to deprive the foe of their item.

Since the team lacks speed you could use a choice scarf set here:

Jolly 252Atk 252Spd 4hp
-Brave bird
-Bone rush
-U-turn
-Knock off/Punishment

Braviary could do this alot better though and has better typing. (Mandibuzz has only 65 base attack)

Jolly 252Atk 252Spd 4hp
Defiant@ Choice scarf
-Brave bird/Sky drop
-Superpower
-Rock slide
-U-turn

Overall the team looks alright, defense is nice but if a mid/fast sweeper gets a hold your done. and the fight weakness can be a large issue with Mienshao, Conkeldurr and Scraffty all being popular.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

[Game]: Pokemon Platinum
[Team Theme]: Offence
[Battling Environment]: UU/OU
[Team Preview]: Off
[Restrictions]: No trading / move tutor / breeding
[Reply]: Post

Pokemon:

Infernape @ Nothing
Level 60
Nature : Relaxed

Moves:
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Staraportor@ Nothing
Level 60
Nature : Adamant

Aerial Ace
Return
Roost
Close Combat

Roserade @ Nothing
Nature : Naive
Level 60

Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Solarbeam (OHKO move)
Weather Ball

Weavile @ Nothing
Level 60
Nature : Bold

Night Slash
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Icy Wind

thats my team rate it not all are uu

thx

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry swkazashi, but you need to add:

Summary for each poke.
Held items (Just add something there)
EVs (Optional, but without we can't help with much other than movepools.)

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just going to post a quick team here. No originality at all.

[Game]: Pokémon White Version
[Team Theme]: Sandstorm
[Battling Environment]: Random Matchup Wi-Fi (therefore it is Level 50 and 3 vs. 3, with Team Preview on, with Item Clause. There is no Sleep Clause and no Evasion Clause in Random Matchup, unfortunately. No Moody clause either. Hopefully there is an OHKO clause...). Random Matchup Wi-Fi probably uses the same strange ban list as the Battle Subway; stuff that aren't broken like Mew and Celebi are still banned.
[Team Preview]: True
[Restrictions]: 5th Gen Pokemon may not have all Perfect IVs until I learn 5th Gen Non C-Gear RNG.
Since this is Lv 50 (Flat) Matchup, this causes a few differences as compared to a standard Lv100 battle. For example, Pokémon with Hidden Power Fire suffer no Speed IV drawback. Sometimes, a certain amount of EVs do not always cause a stat change at Level 50, therefore EVs can be optimized to a Lv 50 Standard and allow wider distribution of EVs.

Lead: Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish / 252 HP, 6 Atk, 148 Def, 100 SpDef, 4 Speed / 31/31/31/31/31/31
Sand Stream
-- Roar
-- Earthquake
-- Slack Off
-- Stealth Rock
Sets up Sand Stream for my team. Sets up Stealth Rock to help negate Focus Sashes and deal extra damage. Sandstorm's residual damage helps in wearing down tougher enemies. Roar could be changed as battles are 3 vs. 3, therefore there are less Pokemon to cycle through. I chose Hippowdon over Tyranitar as my team already has a Fighting weakness from my sweeper, Excadrill. I may change to Tyranitar if I see problems from Special Attackers. This Hippowdon can also be used as a physical wall thanks to its high base HP and Defense. Slack Off is a very reliable recovery option as it heals 50% of Hippowdon's HP without any drawbacks or being weather-affected.

Main Sweeper: Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly / 252 Atk, 6 Def (this is because I'm not too sure of the actual HP IV), 252 Speed / 23/31/23/12/27/31 (the IVs for defenses and HP may not be correct, but the actual IV is around that number)
Sand Rush
-- Earthquake
-- Rock Slide
-- X-Scissor
-- Swords Dance
Not very interesting, but he sweeps well. Comes in with Hippowdon's support and sets up Swords Dance (if I can) and start sweeping. Earthquake and Rock Slide have excellent offensive synergy. X-Scissor could be replaced by Return, but if I do, I can't hit Levitate Bronzong for neutral damage (Shouldn't be much of a problem, I don't think Bronzong will appear that often and I don't think it can really do much to Excadrill). Air Balloon covers his weakness to Ground, but that may mean I will have to bring Excadrill in when one of my Pokémon faints as to prevent the Air Balloon from being popped. For this reason, I may switch to Tyranitar as Tyranitar's Ground weakness could help attract Ground typed attacks.

Backup: Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly / 252 Atk, 6 Def, 252 Speed / 31/31/31/31/31/31
Sand Veil
-- Swords Dance
-- Earthquake
-- Outrage
-- Fire Fang
Garchomp is not very interesting either. With Garchomp's decent bulk (thanks to its high base 108 HP), set up a Swords Dance and start attacking with the correct move in accordance to the opponent's type. Earthquake and Outrage are STAB for Garchomp, but also have excellent type synergy. Outrage is even better in Random Matchup as battles are 3 vs. 3, so you may be able to rip through an opponent's team before any confusion. Fire Fang is not a very good attack, but it deals with pests like Ferrothorn (+2 Fire Fang does a minimum of 123.8% to a standard 252 HP/60 Def EV Ferrothorn) and Scizor (+2 Fire Fang does a minimum of 168.2% to a standard 248 HP EV Scizor). Yache Berry helps protect against Ice-typed attacks; an Ice-typed attack is very predictable when aimed at Garchomp, so it could be even easier to make a switch to Excadrill as most Ice-typed opponents won't have a Ground-typed move too (the Air Balloon won't matter in that case), with the exception of Mamoswine who probably won't be that common.

That's my team. As I said, the team is not very original; just a standard Sandstorm team taking advantage of excellent abilities like Sand Rush.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

but what sort of summary can be here? i havent planned out the uses its pure offence

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, here's my review. Hope it helps.

Ace wrote:
Just going to post a quick team here. No originality at all.

[Game]: Pokémon White Version
[Team Theme]: Sandstorm
[Battling Environment]: Random Matchup Wi-Fi (therefore it is Level 50 and 3 vs. 3, with Team Preview on, with Item Clause. There is no Sleep Clause and no Evasion Clause in Random Matchup, unfortunately. No Moody clause either. Hopefully there is an OHKO clause...). Random Matchup Wi-Fi probably uses the same strange ban list as the Battle Subway; stuff that aren't broken like Mew and Celebi are still banned.
[Team Preview]: True
[Restrictions]: 5th Gen Pokemon may not have all Perfect IVs until I learn 5th Gen Non C-Gear RNG.
Since this is Lv 50 (Flat) Matchup, this causes a few differences as compared to a standard Lv100 battle. For example, Pokémon with Hidden Power Fire suffer no Speed IV drawback. Sometimes, a certain amount of EVs do not always cause a stat change at Level 50, therefore EVs can be optimized to a Lv 50 Standard and allow wider distribution of EVs.

Lead: Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish / 252 HP, 6 Atk, 148 Def, 100 SpDef, 4 Speed / 31/31/31/31/31/31
Sand Stream
-- Roar Toxic
-- Earthquake
-- Slack Off
-- Stealth Rock
Sets up Sand Stream for my team. Sets up Stealth Rock to help negate Focus Sashes and deal extra damage. Sandstorm's residual damage helps in wearing down tougher enemies. Roar could be changed as battles are 3 vs. 3, therefore there are less Pokemon to cycle through. I chose Hippowdon over Tyranitar as my team already has a Fighting weakness from my sweeper, Excadrill. I may change to Tyranitar if I see problems from Special Attackers. This Hippowdon can also be used as a physical wall thanks to its high base HP and Defense. Slack Off is a very reliable recovery option as it heals 50% of Hippowdon's HP without any drawbacks or being weather-affected.
Like you said, Roar isn't the most useful option in a 3vs3 battle. If I were you I'd replace it with toxic because your team by the looks of it could have some potential problems with bulky waters (especially Unaware Quagsire and Swampert)

Main Sweeper: Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly / 252 Atk, 6 Def (this is because I'm not too sure of the actual HP IV), 252 Speed / 23/31/23/12/27/31 (the IVs for defenses and HP may not be correct, but the actual IV is around that number)
Sand Rush
-- Earthquake
-- Rock Slide
-- X-Scissor
-- Swords Dance
Not very interesting, but he sweeps well. Comes in with Hippowdon's support and sets up Swords Dance (if I can) and start sweeping. Earthquake and Rock Slide have excellent offensive synergy. X-Scissor could be replaced by Return, but if I do, I can't hit Levitate Bronzong for neutral damage (Shouldn't be much of a problem, I don't think Bronzong will appear that often and I don't think it can really do much to Excadrill). Air Balloon covers his weakness to Ground, but that may mean I will have to bring Excadrill in when one of my Pokémon faints as to prevent the Air Balloon from being popped. For this reason, I may switch to Tyranitar as Tyranitar's Ground weakness could help attract Ground typed attacks.
I would keep X-Scissor in place of return if I were you. You could also move some of those speed ev's into a defense or HP if you wanted since his speed is already being doubled by Sand Rush.

Backup: Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly / 252 Atk, 6 Def, 252 Speed / 31/31/31/31/31/31
Sand Veil
-- Swords Dance
-- Earthquake
-- Outrage
-- Fire Fang
Garchomp is not very interesting either. With Garchomp's decent bulk (thanks to its high base 108 HP), set up a Swords Dance and start attacking with the correct move in accordance to the opponent's type. Earthquake and Outrage are STAB for Garchomp, but also have excellent type synergy. Outrage is even better in Random Matchup as battles are 3 vs. 3, so you may be able to rip through an opponent's team before any confusion. Fire Fang is not a very good attack, but it deals with pests like Ferrothorn (+2 Fire Fang does a minimum of 123.8% to a standard 252 HP/60 Def EV Ferrothorn) and Scizor (+2 Fire Fang does a minimum of 168.2% to a standard 248 HP EV Scizor). Yache Berry helps protect against Ice-typed attacks; an Ice-typed attack is very predictable when aimed at Garchomp, so it could be even easier to make a switch to Excadrill as most Ice-typed opponents won't have a Ground-typed move too (the Air Balloon won't matter in that case), with the exception of Mamoswine who probably won't be that common.
This looks good, works well with Excadrill as far as typing is concerned. As you said the ice attacks people aim at garchomp are fairly predictable so you could give it a life orb or something if you prefer.

That's my team. As I said, the team is not very original; just a standard Sandstorm team taking advantage of excellent abilities like Sand Rush.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks for the team rate. The reason as to why I left maximum Speed EVs for Excadrill is because I expect Excadrill to be very popular in Random Matchup, so it would help to at least tie in speed. Just one more question, would my team be any better with Tyranitar over Hippowdon and Skarmory over Garchomp? I've ran into quite a few Latios in Random Matchup, so using Tyranitar may be more benefitial than with Hippowdon. Skarmory could deal with Fighting-types thanks to its high defense.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ace wrote:
Thanks for the team rate. The reason as to why I left maximum Speed EVs for Excadrill is because I expect Excadrill to be very popular in Random Matchup, so it would help to at least tie in speed. Just one more question, would my team be any better with Tyranitar over Hippowdon and Skarmory over Garchomp? I've ran into quite a few Latios in Random Matchup, so using Tyranitar may be more benefitial than with Hippowdon. Skarmory could deal with Fighting-types thanks to its high defense.

Good point about Excadrill, I ran into two yesterday out of like four or five battles. Tyranitar is definitely helpful against Latios, with a decent amount of special defense ev's. Skarmory would definitely be a great choice if you wanted to go that route, as he has good defensive synergy with Tyranitar.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

[Game]: Pokemon Black
[Team Theme]: Slow Start
[Battling Environment]: For Fun with Friends, maybe Wi-Fi. Triple Battle
[Team Preview]: I don't know what PO is...
[Restrictions]: Items, Sleep, Pokemon Clauses

All of my pokemon's moves are in order of preferred usage, and the @ ??? means I can't think of a suitable item for that pokemon.

Beheeyem Image @ Leftovers
Sassy
EV spread: 6 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 252 / 0
IV spread: 30 / 13, 14, 15 / 24 - 27 / 19 - 22 / 16 - 19 / 18 - 21
Telepathy
- Trick Room
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Psychic
Starts out to one side, because this little guy has to stay alive. Beheeyem is the one who allows all my other slow pokemon to attack before my opponents, giving me an edge. Beheeyem uses its moves in order, start with Trick Room, then set up a Light Screen. Continue using Recover and Psychic until TR or LS wear off, then set them up again! Telepathy also allows it to dodge moves such as Golurk's EQ.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Escavalier Image @ Silver Powder
Brave
EV spread: 0 / 252 / 252 / 0 / 6 / 0
IV spread: 29 / 28, 29 / 6 - 9 / 20 - 24 / 10 - 14 / 26 - 29
Swarm
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Iron Head
- Protect
Starts in the middle, and is my main Sweeper. Escavalier mainly uses X-Scissor, because it has STAB and Silver Powder, and also Swarm when health is hard to find.
But if there is another Bug type and X-Scissor can't 'cut' it (pun),
AA is super effective! Or Iron Head for fun and STAB.
Protect is useful against Fire types and EQ, especially since Escavalier starts in the middle of the action.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jellicent Image @ Wide Lens
Bold
EV spread: 0 / 0 / 129 / 252 / 129 / 0
IV spread: 20 - 23 / 0 - 3 / 9 - 12 / 12 - 16 / 29 / 4 - 7
Water Absorb
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
Jellicent starts on the other side. Jellicent has some low accuracy moves such as Hydro Pump and Blizzard, but with the Wide Lens, those moves hit a lot more often. Hydro Pump and Shadow Ball are two great STAB moves, and Blizzard and Energy Ball are for hitting other types.
Lots of people like dragons, and Blizzard hits multiple targets, so it is a very awesome move when combined with Wide Lens. Jellicent will be my Sp Sweeper.
Ferrothorn Image @ ???
Gentle
EV spread: 0 / 6 / 252 / 0 / 252 / 0
IV spread: 29 / 24 - 27 / 0 - 5 / 12 - 15 / 24 - 27 / 4 - 7
Iron Barbs
- Ingrain
- Toxic
- Protect
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn has only one major weakness, Fire types. That is why Protect is so important. Ferrothorn mostly walls, with Ingrain used first, then Toxic, the Protect or Power Whip when necessary. Ferrothorn has awesome Def and Sp Def, so Ingrain / Protect is a great way to keep it alive.
Gigalith Image @ ???
Naive
EV spread: 0 / 252 / 252 / 0 / 6 / 0
IV spread: 6 - 9 / 24 - 27 / 27 / 13 - 16 / 4 - 7 / 15 - 18
Sturdy
- Stealth Rock
- Sandstorm
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
Gigalith is solid like a rock, and is used to set up a bit, then go out with a bang. Start with Stealth Rock, a very awesome move, then continue with Sandstorm, which only hits Jellicent on my team. After that use Rock Slide until health gets low, then when at 1 HP, thanks to Sturdy, use Explosion whilst Ferrothorn or Escavalier use Protect. Also Explosion won't hit Jellicent or Golurk because they are a Ghost Types, nor will Beheeyem be hit because of Telepathy. Hmmm... Maybe I should include Explosion on someone else too? (I just thought of this)
Golurk Image @ ???
Brave
EV spread: 0 / 252 / 129 / 0 / 129 / 0
IV spread: 6, 7, 8 / 16, 17, 18 / 7, 8, 9 / 4, 5, 6 / 17, 18, 19 / 27
Iron Fist
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Mega Punch
- Safeguard
Golurk Basically does damage. EQ and Shadow Punch STAB, with Shadow Punch never missing. Shadow Punch and Mega Punch are increased damage thanks to Iron Fist, which make Shadow punch have STAB, No miss, and boosted power, which means it becomes a pretty good move. Safeguard can be changed, I just thought that it might help prevent some Paralysis or Burn.
Well, That's all folks!
Thanks for reading!
~HTP

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First rating I've ever done here! Hope this helps HTP:
Quote:
Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Relaxed
EV spread: 252 / 0 / 128 / 0 / 128 / 0
IV spread: 30 / 13, 14, 15 / 24 - 27 / 19 - 22 / 16 - 19 / 18 - 21
Telepathy
- Trick Room
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Psychic
Looks like a good support. Just do Relaxed instead of Sassy to up its defense. You should also put some EVs in HP instead of make its already good defense even higher.
Escavalier @ Silver Powder
Brave
EV spread: 252 / 252 / 6 / 0 / 0 / 0
IV spread: 29 / 28, 29 / 6 - 9 / 20 - 24 / 10 - 14 / 26 - 29
Swarm
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Firstly, make its EVs into HP again, since its defenses are already great. And, Protect is rather useless on him. If you use Protect, the foe may get annoyed, but he can still hit you the next turn. You should replace that with a more useful move like Swords Dance.
Jellicent @ Wide Lens
Quiet
EV spread: 0 / 0 / 129 / 252 / 129 / 0
IV spread: 20 - 23 / 0 - 3 / 9 - 12 / 12 - 16 / 29 / 4 - 7
Cursed Body
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
Since you have Trick Room in play, Quiet nature is better for attacking. With him, Scald is better than Hydro Pump since, even though it has lower power, you can always rely on it, and it has a high burn rate. Also, with high defenses, Recover should be in there to keep him alive longer.
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy
EV spread: 252 / 0 / 128 / 0 / 128 / 0
IV spread: 29 / 24 - 27 / 0 - 5 / 12 - 15 / 24 - 27 / 4 - 7
Iron Barbs
- Ingrain
- Toxic
- Protect
- Leech Seed / Iron Defense
With the item, Rocky Helmet, along with Iron Barbs, with really hurt any physical attackers. And once again, put more EVs into HP. And you should give a better nature like Sassy. Finally, if you can breed, give it Leech Seed since it steals more HP every turn. If not, you can give it Iron Defense since it skyrockets its defense.
Gigalith @ Air Balloon
Relaxed
EV spread: 252 / 252 / 0 / 0 / 6 / 0
IV spread: 6 - 9 / 24 - 27 / 27 / 13 - 16 / 4 - 7 / 15 - 18
Sturdy
- Stealth Rock
- Sandstorm
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
Again, put EVs in HP, and since this team has Trick Room, give it Relaxed nature. And Air Balloon will give you a temporary immunity to ground moves. Your moves look pretty good though.
Golurk @ Life Orb
Brave
EV spread: 0 / 252 / 129 / 0 / 129 / 0
IV spread: 6, 7, 8 / 16, 17, 18 / 7, 8, 9 / 4, 5, 6 / 17, 18, 19 / 27
Iron Fist
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm
Life Orb is good for strengthening the moves by a lot, and even the HP cost is still worth it. And for attacks, use Stone Edge and Hammer Arm instead, since the two have good power.

Also, if you plan using this team for competitive battling, you should try to get some better IVs, but if this is ONLY for friends, you might be ok.
Also, you might want to plug in another special sweeper in somewhere, like Chandelure.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey there!
My team is as follows;

Samurott-lvl 100 Serious nature, sturdy body with ability torrent
Aqua Tail
Aerial Ace
Slash
Ice Beam

HP: 331
ATK:282
DEF:212
SP.ATK:252
SP.DEF:166
SPEED:182
Surf
Ice Beam

HP:321
ATK:347
DEF:226
SP.ATK:213
SP.DEF:242
SPEED:211

Charizard-lvl 74 (rising quickly, very quickley) Lax nature, often doses off with the ability Blaze
Flamethrower
Wing attack
Slash
Shadow claw

HP:232
ATK:164
DEF:172
SP.ATK:178
SP.DEF:121
SPEED:192
Shadow Claw
Toxic

HP:240
ATK:208
DEF:135
SP.ATK:110
SP.DEF:146
SPEED:166

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

New team members magnezone an (electric/steel) fixes some issues you have and to maintain great typing on the 6th pokemon it can not be weak to the following 5types water, rock, ice, fighting, and electric and I'll let you figure it out on your own because you know what you like.
I'd really love to help you more, but you need to fill these catagories out
[Game]:
[Team Theme]:
[Battling Environment]:
[Team Preview]:
[Restrictions]:
[Reply]:

before I can do so I can calculate the stats but I need to know the EV spread or IV Spread I would also like to know if they have an item held or not if they dont tell me what you have to use if it is black and white

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lol yay I got selected. Anyway , I'll probably only do rates with presentable quality and stuff. And are for competitive battling and not in-game. Just sayin.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[Game]: White
[Team Theme]: N/A
[Battling Environment]: Random Match Up to begin with, if all goes well Pokemon Online. OU Pokemon.
[Team Preview]: Off
[Restrictions]: No restictions to Move Tutors. Standard Rules (Sleep Clause, OHKO Clause, Ect Ect)

Zapdos @Leftovers
Pressure
Timid Nature
192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Right, long and short of it, I haven't made a proper team since Gen 3 because I despised the new pokemon that were brought into Gen 4 with a Passion. So, Zapdos was my lead way back then, I'm hoping he can still do the job now. Thunder Bolt is mandatory STAB move sorted. Heat Wave to deal with Steels (I believe Jirachi was a common Lead at one point?), but obviously, most notably Ferrothron. Substitute and Roost to help keep me alive, and to keep the Pressure going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
IV: Speed 0
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Basic job is to cover Zapdos's weaknesses in the hope of keep big bird alive. Comes in on Zapdos's counter, normally going to be a physical beasty of some sort throwing rocks at Big Bird. First port of call is setting up Leech Seed, Then laying down Stealth Rock, personal preference, I want to be able to hit the what I expect to be extremely common and pretty much Ferrothrons biggest threat (Volcarona) for 50% on the switch in. Gyro Ball so I don't get Taunted out, Protect to stall for Lefties and Seed healing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jellicent (Male) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold Nature
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Surf
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Basically, Spin Blocker / Annoyer / Bulky Water. Comes in on any water type not called Lanturn or Ludicolo, Set-Up Sweepers if i'm feeling Brave, Anything that I think is going to Spin or Explode. Absolutly love this pokemon's typing, with Water Absorb he gets 3 lovely immunities. Surf is there to stop him being useless if Taunted. Recover, for obvious reasons. Will-O-Wisp to shut down Sweepers and to whittle down other Bulky Waters, Taunt to shut down Set-Up Sweepers, Baton Passers and other Bulky pokemon that need recovery moves.

Volcarona @ Life orb
Flame Body
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power Ghost

My Special Sweeper, rather basic set that doesn't need much explaining, Quiver Dance for it's lovely SpA, SpD and Spe boost. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance for STAB (and the 50% chance of a SpA boost), HP because I don't have a single move that is Super Effective against the buggers other wise. Life Orb is there to do maximum damage to pokemon on the switch in if I can't find a favourable one to set-up Quiver Dance on.

Terrakion @ Balloon
Justified
Adamant Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword

Meet my Physical Sweeper. Switch in on expected Ground/Dark moves, then either Swords Dance or Rock Polish depending on what I feel I need at the time, Ideally I'll be able to grab both and sweep. Stone Edge as I prefer the power or the accuracy. Sacred Sword as I'm not sure the Power increase is worth the drop in Defences, I haven't run anything through the damage Calc, but I doubt there's many pokemon that will survive a +2 Sacred Sword that wouldn't survive a +2 Close Combat anyway, so I'll go for the 2HKO's with no defence drop.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Meet my final party member and Revenge Killer. Mamoswine is a very threatening pokemon with his 130 Base Atk. As you all know, a revenge killers job is simply to hit a weakened enemy with a priority move, so thats why we have Ice Shard. Icicle Crash and EQ for STAB, plus the fact that you can't have a team without EQ. Stone Edge for coverage incase he's left all on his tod.

And thats it, afew concerns I have, is Zapdos a viable lead anymore? Like i said, I've been a long time away from Competitive Battling so I'm not to sure how far it's moved on. Obviously I've done my research to put these guys together, but I still need some guidance.

Another thing, no Spinner and only a Pseudo Hazer in Jellicent sort of has me worried. Funny how you don't notice these things until you've wrote it all down. Suggestions on different Pokemon and different roles are always appreciated.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

[Game]: White
[Team Theme]: N/A
[Battling Environment]: Random matchup triple.
[Team Preview]: on i think
[Restrictions]: No restictions to Move Tutors. Standard Rules (Sleep Clause, OHKO Clause, Ect Ect)

blastoise
no item
skull bash
hydro pump
aqua tail
water pulse

empoleon
no item
hydro cannon
hydro pump
ice beam
water pulse

snivy
everstone
leaf storm
giga drain
leaf blade
attract

samurott
no item
slash
hydro pump
water pulse
razor shell

totodile (my fav)
everstone
crunch
super power
ice beam
hydro pump

flaffy
no item
thunder shock
electro ball
discharge
charge

could you tell me what items and move i should get :D

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Zapdos does not seem to be a viable lead anymore but ferrothorn would work

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
IV: Speed 0
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Basic job is to cover Zapdos's weaknesses in the hope of keep big bird alive. Comes in on Zapdos's counter, normally going to be a physical beasty of some sort throwing rocks at Big Bird. First port of call is setting up Leech Seed, Then laying down Stealth Rock, personal preference, I want to be able to hit the what I expect to be extremely common and pretty much Ferrothrons biggest threat (Volcarona) for 50% on the switch in. Gyro Ball so I don't get Taunted out, Protect to stall for Lefties and Seed healing. Seems like a good lead and if a counter is switched in just switch to jellicent

Defensive set that has show n me that it works
Zapdos @Leftovers
Pressure
Timid Nature
192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Right, long and short of it, I haven't made a proper team since Gen 3 because I despised the new pokemon that were brought into Gen 4 with a Passion. So, Zapdos was my lead way back then, I'm hoping he can still do the job now. Thunder Bolt is mandatory STAB move sorted. Heat Wave to deal with Steels (I believe Jirachi was a common Lead at one point?), but obviously, most notably Ferrothron. Substitute and Roost to help keep me alive, and to keep the Pressure going.

Zapdos is a very viable pokemon but not a viable lead

Jellicent (Male) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold Nature
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Surf
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Basically, Spin Blocker / Annoyer / Bulky Water. Comes in on any water type not called Lanturn or Ludicolo, Set-Up Sweepers if i'm feeling Brave, Anything that I think is going to Spin or Explode. Absolutly love this pokemon's typing, with Water Absorb he gets 3 lovely immunities. Surf is there to stop him being useless if Taunted. Recover, for obvious reasons. Will-O-Wisp to shut down Sweepers and to whittle down other Bulky Waters, Taunt to shut down Set-Up Sweepers, Baton Passers and other Bulky pokemon that need recovery moves.

Volcarona @ Wise Glasses
Flame Body
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power Ghost

My Special Sweeper, rather basic set that doesn't need much explaining, Quiver Dance for it's lovely SpA, SpD and Spe boost. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance for STAB (and the 50% chance of a SpA boost), HP because I don't have a single move that is Super Effective against the buggers other wise. Life Orb is there to do maximum damage to pokemon on the switch in if I can't find a favourable one to set-up Quiver Dance on.

Nothing needed changing but the item

Terrakion @ Balloon
Justified
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace for type coverage / quick attack for prioity
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword

Meet my Physical Sweeper. Switch in on expected Ground/Dark moves, then Swords Dance i Don't like rock polish because it is a set up move and keeps you away from sweeping Stone Edge as I prefer the power over the accuracy. Sacred Sword as I'm not sure the Power increase is worth the drop in Defenses, I haven't run anything through the damage Calc, but I doubt there's many pokemon that will survive a +2 Sacred Sword that wouldn't survive a +2 Close Combat anyway, so I'll go for the 2HKO's with no defense drop.
I liked the way you were thinking with rock polish but why it already has a 315 speed and if you change the nature to jolly that give it a 346 speed and that is generally fast enough to take care of things
You said you wanted a hazer so I’m going to give you one

Quagsire @ Muscle band
Water Absorb
Nature Relaxed if you want defense Adamant if you don’t care about defense and want power and EV’S feel free to tinker with these but here is what I'd do Hp: 132 Atk: 160 Def:112 Sp. Def: 112
Haze
Recover
Earthquake
Rock slide/ Stone edge

It’s defenses may be a bit low but it is typed near perfectly for you your only worry now is grass Ground and rock cover each other very well. very few pokemon will wall you and you have a somewhat viable hazer now
Mamoswine was causing a massive typing issue 3 fire weaknesses, 3 fighting weaknesses, and 3 water weaknesses so i decideded because you said you wanted a hazer this is what I gave you It is not a star but it'll get the job done
Notes: I dislike set up moves just for having set up moves that is why I rid of SR I dislike life orb because it does recoil The items I reccomended give a slight boost to your power without dealing any recoil aside from that your team looks very viable and formidable Quagsire gives you a hazer and keep in mind these are only reccomendations you can Impliment the ones you like and ignore the ones you don't
The only questions I leave you with are a how will you handle the item clause when it comes up? and b. how is toxicroak going to be handled?

Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Aquadude wrote:
You said you wanted a hazer so I’m going to give you one

Quagsire @ Muscle band
Water Absorb
Nature Relaxed if you want defense Adamant if you don’t care about defense and want power and EV’S feel free to tinker with these but here is what I'd do Hp: 132 Atk: 160 Def:112 Sp. Def: 112
Haze
Recover
Earthquake
Rock slide/ Stone edge

It’s defenses may be a bit low but it is typed near perfectly for you your only worry now is grass Ground and rock cover each other very well. very few pokemon will wall you and you have a somewhat viable hazer now
Mamoswine was causing a massive typing issue 3 fire weaknesses, 3 fighting weaknesses, and 3 water weaknesses so i decideded because you said you wanted a hazer this is what I gave you It is not a star but it'll get the job done
Notes: I dislike set up moves just for having set up moves that is why I rid of SR I dislike life orb because it does recoil The items I reccomended give a slight boost to your power without dealing any recoil aside from that your team looks very viable and formidable Quagsire gives you a hazer and keep in mind these are only reccomendations you can Impliment the ones you like and ignore the ones you don't
The only questions I leave you with are a how will you handle the item clause when it comes up? and b. how is toxicroak going to be handled?

Right, well, firstly, I know I had some serious typing weaknesses but I did also have cover for each of those types (Fire = Ferrothorn, Mamoswine weak. Volcarona, Terrakion, Jellicent resist. Fighting = Mamoswine, Ferrothorn, Terrakion Weak. Volcarona, Zapdos Resist, Jellicent Immune. Ect ect.)

I personally don't like Quagsire as a pokemon, so I won't be using him, but I think a Swampert might work well in that position. Switch Ferrothorn over to Spikes and let Swampert lay down Stealth Rock and shuffle opponents with Roar.

As with regards to your questions, I think the item Clause is a terrible idea, so I'll just be ignoring battles that use it. If that means I can't use Wi-Fi (which just dawned on me) I'll take the team straight to Online useage. And Toxicroak will be handled the same way as every other sweeper, Jellicent comes in, Burns Toxicroak, I then switch to something that can kill it as I can't risk Jelli getting sucker punched.

One big Question for you though. I don't want to use Ferrothorn as a lead, because I think the defensive synergy he has with Jellicent will effectively make them the Skarm-Bliss of this generation. So, on this team the one I'm more inclined to sacrifice is Zapdos, so what do you suggest I should run as a lead otherwise?

EDIT: Infact I think I made up my mind, Swampert can run the lead, lay down Stealth Rock and get the hell out of there. He isn't a Common Lead so I doubt many people will be prepared for him and end up Switching out, which is my free Stealth Rock. I then switch to an appropriate counter. Also means I've got myself a nice pseudo-hazer.

And then for the last spot I'll sacrifice my Zapdos for a revenge killer that I still think I need. And that revenge killer is going to be Conkeldurr. Doesn't share any of the common weaknesses on my team and is hopefully going to be a useful addition.

Much Appreciated Aqua.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Volcrona doesn't resist fire. and online battles have basically the same rules as the battle subway (a few more restrictions) but item clause is still used.
Swampert is still very common

and sadly Zapdos has become too fragile, even my Bulky Zapdos gets OHKOd, most of the time.

Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry, thought Flame Body was was Flash Fire for a second XD

And if Pokemon Online is anything like Netbattle (those were the days :lol: ) then Item Clause won't really be used. If it is Common, I'll have to have a re-think obviously, probably go with Choice Band Conkeldurr, Air Balloon Terrakion and then Wise Glasses on Volcarona.

Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next