It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

Forum rules

ALL GLORY TO THE FLOATING CLEFFA

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Just a Thought 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I went out to go see X-Men First Class last night with my boyfriend and a coworker friend of his. In the movie there was a mutant that I had never seen before, take note I have only seen various cartoon incarnations of the X-Men so I haven't seen all the mutants, and that was Darwin. His mutant power is adapt to survive. So he can submerge himself in water and instantly grow gills, stand on the sun, etc. In other words he cannot be killed by any external forces. So we got to talking about ways to kill Darwin and the most plausible one I came up with is for a telepath like Emma Frost or Professor X is to crush his brain/mind, but the only way for this to work is for him to willingly let them into his mind so his body isn't fighting against them. I know its a trivial thing to dwell on, but I'm just curious does anyone else have a theory on how to kill Darwin?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Age? A stab in the chest? One thing that annoyed me in the Sonic the Hedgehog games was Super Sonic could still get crushed despite being invincible. Maybe that?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have an idea, but it's kinda bloody... The trick here is to kill him before he has time to react.

One way is for someone cas distract him by talking to him and such, while a group of snipers set up a few hundred feet from him. And once his back is turned finally they pull the trigger...

Or you could simply drop a big and heavy object on him with his back turned. Or you could kill him in his sleep. Just thinking things

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If it were me, I would probably try infecting him with some sort of airborne disease or something like that. But then again, he could just develop a super-immunity....

Damn, but the only thing I can think of is old age, like Krisp said.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Poisoned air wouldn't work. His body would adapt to the toxin before it would kill him.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You could cut his head off. That would work if he isn't a starfish.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Expose him to Leech, and then kill him however one would like.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Throw him in a volcano, them trow a glacier in seconds later, then flood the volcano, then nuke it multiple times, then pour in all types of parasites and poisons known, then block the volcano up so no air gets in, and leave him there. If he manages to escape, take a fine fishing line or something like it that's very sharp and stab and slash multiple times and put random poisons, toxins and diseases in to the wounds. Or drop a boulder on his head so it cracks open and take a whisk to his brains. Or release thousands of raging Tyranitars and Gyaradoses on him, which cause maps to be redrawn and mountains to be leveled. I'll post again when I get in to another violent mood. :twisted:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
Expose him to Leech, and then kill him however one would like.
That's cheating.

Wikipedia wrote:
However, his powers appear to not be able adapt quickly or thoroughly enough to withstand an energy attack placed in his mouth by Sebastian Shaw. He may have turned into pure energy, which has happened in the comics medium and matches his power set, however nothing has been explicitly stated beside the appearance of possibly him dying
According to Wikipedia, you've got to do it quickly.
{thunflora}
~Pegir

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, in the movie Shaw (the bad guy) inserted pure energy into his body. His body didn't know how to react, and blew up... so that kinda seems like the way to go..

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Very simple. Force him to watch the 24-hour marathon on TNT (every Christmas) of "A Christmas Story" ... he'll be bored to death.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I thought he did die though, when he ate the fire ball thing, or am i thinking about the wrong movie.

He was black, right?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

How long before biological adaptation sets in? In reality, a bullet or a well-placed knife would instantly end his life. The body, whether human or otherwise cannot "adapt" to live suddenly without specific organs or functions. This exists no where in evolution. He may be impervious to environmental changes, which largely are predictable. But to survive damage to vital organs, such as sudden trauma to the heart, lungs, or cerebellum, it would be impossible to create an internal adaptation that could substitute any organ's process that satisfies major, life-sustaining functions instantaneously. If his power is adaptation, and not regeneration, then most any extreme combat would destroy him.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]