It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:41 pm



Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Adv Gen Standard Moveset Guide 
Author Message
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:59 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Singapore
Post 
Charizardz wrote:
Heres a suggestion for {charizard} . It might not be too good,but its what my {charizard} knows.

{charizard} ,King's Rock

Wing Attack
Flamethrower
Swords Dance
Earthquake

mine's somewhat like that. But wing attack and eq uses atk, flamethrower uses sp atk. judging on your moveset, you might want to change flamethrower for a physical one.


Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:35 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:59 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Singapore
Post 
according to netbattle, sceptile's dragon claw and leech seed are incompatible...


Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:47 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:47 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Red Sands
Post 
??? Why would they be incompatible? It's a TM and egg move you're talking.

_________________
<center>
Image
Avatar by CHARZARDRAKE | Signature by Dragonite
DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket


Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 93
Location: here
Post 
I'm currently working on a bug team, and I've an idea for this guy:
{gligar} @leftovers
(EV's:252 spd, 252 sp.def)
(careful) |Ability: sand veil
that sums the strategy..lol
Sandstorm
Sand tomb
/Metal Claw
Toxic
EQ

problems
flying pokemon with Arial Ace,
and {whiscash}/ {skarmory} /{weezing}/{claydol}/{lunatone}/ {solrock} whose immune to toxic, sandstorm and resist to EQ.

if you switch SandTomb to Metal Claw, you can't trap the oponenet, but you're only left with {skarmory}.
EQ takes care of Ice pokemon, and your only weakness is WATER/{skarmory}.

so, do you like my gligar?

_________________
scythers. cause they're green.


Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:44 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 1400
Location: Aurora, CO
Post 
scyther_girl wrote:
I'm currently working on a bug team, and I've an idea for this guy:
{gligar} @leftovers
(EV's:252 spd, 252 sp.def)
(careful) |Ability: sand veil
that sums the strategy..lol
Sandstorm
Sand tomb
/Metal Claw
Toxic
EQ

problems
flying pokemon with Arial Ace,
and {whiscash}/ {skarmory} /{weezing}/{claydol}/{lunatone}/ {solrock} whose immune to toxic, sandstorm and resist to EQ.

if you switch SandTomb to Metal Claw, you can't trap the oponenet, but you're only left with {skarmory}.
EQ takes care of Ice pokemon, and your only weakness is WATER/{skarmory}.

so, do you like my gligar?
EQ doesn't take care of Ice pokemon, Ice is weak against: Fire, Rock, Fighting & Steel.

Unfortunetly even if you put HP Electric in there it wouldn't do much...

I think this Gligar set might work:

{gligar} @ Lefties/Leichi Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
Adamant/Jolly Ability: Sand Veil/Hyper Cutter
Toxic
Rock Slide/Earthquake
Sand Tomb
Swagger

Strategy: Trap, confuse, poison, attack. Rock Slide takes care of Ice-Types or Earthquake for the STAB.

Simple enough.


Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 93
Location: here
Post 
I checked my set.
apearantly, sand veil only works in desert, or has very little effect, as I battled for 15 minutes and my enemies didn't miss once..even with Lax Incence attached.
but Lax+ 3 double team and you're invisible to them..
last try:

{gligar} @ lax incence
Carefull | hyper cutter
double team
swagger
screech
EQ/Arial Ace


EV's on speed & sp.def.
strategy: d-team, lower the foe's deffense, then swagger. so when it attacks itself, it'll hurt. then sweep with EQ. if your attack state sucks, don't worry. you have time until something hits you..
so much for Levitate problems.. :twisted: let them kill themselves.

EQ isn't super efective to Ice? funny. :P still, STAB EQ (150 power)can handle almost anything..(and when s-e, 300!!) Rock slide is 75 power, and it has lower accuracy. you don't wanna miss and get Ice beam in your face, right?
about your set.. Sand tomb may end after 2 turns, and there goes the strategy.. setting up the confuse/toxic/trap takes 3 turns. and without a Careful(+sp.def) and double team, you'll faint quickly. you get to attack only 2-3 times after all that work. then Sand tomb again..

how come this guy have a standard sweeper moveset, when it has so many posible strategies, and only average attack? I demand change! :D

_________________
scythers. cause they're green.


Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:20 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 am
Posts: 248
Post 
scyther_girl wrote:
I checked my set.
apearantly, sand veil only works in desert, or has very little effect, as I battled for 15 minutes and my enemies didn't miss once..even with Lax Incence attached.
but Lax+ 3 double team and you're invisible to them..
last try:

{gligar} @ lax incence
Carefull | hyper cutter
double team
swagger
screech
EQ/Arial Ace


EV's on speed & sp.def.
strategy: d-team, lower the foe's deffense, then swagger. so when it attacks itself, it'll hurt. then sweep with EQ. if your attack state sucks, don't worry. you have time until something hits you..
so much for Levitate problems.. :twisted: let them kill themselves.

EQ isn't super efective to Ice? funny. :P still, STAB EQ (150 power)can handle almost anything..(and when s-e, 300!!) Rock slide is 75 power, and it has lower accuracy. you don't wanna miss and get Ice beam in your face, right?
about your set.. Sand tomb may end after 2 turns, and there goes the strategy.. setting up the confuse/toxic/trap takes 3 turns. and without a Careful(+sp.def) and double team, you'll faint quickly. you get to attack only 2-3 times after all that work. then Sand tomb again..

how come this guy have a standard sweeper moveset, when it has so many posible strategies, and only average attack? I demand change! :D

Sandstorm weather needs to be up for Sand Veil to take effect. slso, for accuracy, try HP rock.

_________________
<FireStarter>I'm sure Psyducks will be at stakes too
<FireStarter>*Psybucks


Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:46 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Standard implies that the moveset works and is quite commonly used. No one ever said that was the ONLY possible strategy.

_________________
ImageImage


Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:24 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 93
Location: here
Post 
snowball, I was kidding. :D

_________________
scythers. cause they're green.


Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:06 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:58 am
Posts: 67
Post 
One thing that worried me about Jolteons moveset, which I think should be taken into thought. With Attract and Baton Pass, the effect of attract wouldn't be passed on, right? But with Thunder Wave and Baton Pass, you could easily Baton Pass to any gender, never having to worry about that move which gives you the edge.


Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:24 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Mortific wrote:
One thing that worried me about Jolteons moveset, which I think should be taken into thought. With Attract and Baton Pass, the effect of attract wouldn't be passed on, right? But with Thunder Wave and Baton Pass, you could easily Baton Pass to any gender, never having to worry about that move which gives you the edge.


There's absolutely nothing wrong. The move given in the moveset is "Attract/Thunderwave" (which means Attract OR Thunderwave) already, since both would work, though perhaps Thunderwave works better like you said.

_________________
ImageImage


Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:43 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:58 am
Posts: 67
Post 
Not that I wish to emply something is wrong, just that Thunder Wave would work better with the Baton Pass combo, because Thunder Wave just paralyzes the enemy, while with Attract, you have be one gender, and the foe the other, that limits your change, and because the foe was infatuated with Jolteon, it seems as the Pokemon you change to has to know Attract too.
Of course I could be wrong, but just as a precaution.


Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:39 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Yes, I do get your point, thank you, but since Thunderwave is already part of the suggested set I think it can be left as it is :)

_________________
ImageImage


Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:24 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:47 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Red Sands
Post 
Blaziken @ Scope Lens
Docile | Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SA, 6 Spd
~Sky Uppercut
~Blaze Kick
~Focus Energy
~Slash

Can I suggest that you give Blaziken Thunderpunch? That would take out both Water and Flying types and it can be gotten from the Battle Frontier Move Tutors in Emerald.

_________________
<center>
Image
Avatar by CHARZARDRAKE | Signature by Dragonite
DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket


Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:05 am
Posts: 55
Post 
I didnt have time to read through the posts to see if anyone said anything, but that Umbreon set is NOT standard. Its not even good. Here are a few sets:


Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 212 HP/240 Def/56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Mean Look
-Taunt
-Wish
-Baton Pass

Chaosbreon: most useful one there is.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 212 HP/240 Def/56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
-Mean Look
-Wish
-Baton Pass
-Substitute/Protect

Advanced wishpasser (Supportbreon). 00DV in speed to ensure that Umby gets hit first before passing.


Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 212 HP/240 Def/56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Torment
-Mean Look/Wish
-Protect
-Baton Pass

TP Umby. Can be similar to chaosbreon with Mean Look if you torment on the switch agains phazers. otherwise you can use Wish as support. Also annoys the hell outta CBers/CB Teams.

_________________
Image

Image

^Bluefox owns for these.


Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:58 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
The movesets in this guide work better in-game than in competitive battling. It caters to the needs of most people, as most people play Pokemon against friends and/or by themselves instead of playing on Netbattle all the time. As such, moves like Taunt and Torment, which see limited use in such circumstances, are not in the standard sets, and the EV Spreads are more straightforward. Still, thanks for your suggestion; I will be updating the guide soon with movesets that are more geared towards the metagame.

_________________
ImageImage


Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:45 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 199
Location: My house.
Post 
sN0wBaLL wrote:
The movesets in this guide work better in-game than in competitive battling. It caters to the needs of most people, as most people play Pokemon against friends and/or by themselves instead of playing on Netbattle all the time. As such, moves like Taunt and Torment, which see limited use in such circumstances, are not in the standard sets, and the EV Spreads are more straightforward. Still, thanks for your suggestion; I will be updating the guide soon with movesets that are more geared towards the metagame.


Rather than update, why not just move/copy my moveset guide over here. Sure I still have to make a few adjustments here and there but it saves you the time.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:23 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:05 am
Posts: 55
Post 
Actually, Taunt is pretty standard for competitive battling IMO. As for in-game, I think there should be a label on which sets are strictly in-game and which ones are competitive, as I'm sure lots of netbattlers will laugh.

btw, I thought the special sweeper Umby was standard in-game ;)

_________________
Image

Image

^Bluefox owns for these.


Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:10 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
I did not move your guide to this section, but I have added a small paragraph to explain that this guide might not be suited to the current metagame, as well as provided a link to the Competitive Movesets Guide.

The reason why I'm not moving that topic is because I believe that the majority of Psypoke's users play Pokemon for leisure. As such, all the battling they ever do is in-game and with their friends. This guide might be more suited to their needs compared to the Competitive Movesets Guide. Moving your guide over might cause a little confusion. Status quo would therefore be good; NetBattlers can view your guide in the NetBattle section, while other casual players use this guide.

In short, this section is called Pokemon Game Guides, not Pokemon NetBattle Guide[/quote from fellow FEG]. I hope you understand my reasons for doing so (or rather, not doing what you mentioned). It's not because I do not recognise your efforts :)

_________________
ImageImage


Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:14 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 199
Location: My house.
Post 
Oh, it wasn't that I thought it should be moved here. I thought your post said that you were making a Competitive Set Guide in this area...I thought that would have been kind of redundant since you could have slid mine over. The reasoning made sense before so I'm not complaining. I was just going to help you so you wouldn't have to spend so much time on something already made.

Thanks for the recognition.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Tobey on Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:38 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 pm
Posts: 1959
Location: Va
Post 
Everyone seems to use Umbreons as supporters. I've found a way to use them as attackers.

Image@Leftovers
Modest nature
-Moonlight, Toxic, HP Dark, Psychic

Image@Leftovers
Admant nature
-Moonlight, Toxic, Shadow Ball, HP Flying

Nobody sees these coming. They always switch out to a Heracross or a Poison type thinking toxic'll be useless and I'll have to switch out. That's when you hit them w/Psychic or HP flying. HP Dark and Shadow ball are so you can kill psychics quickly.

_________________
Image Image
^Image by dragoni_slayer2014^


Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:04 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Nobody sees it coming indeed, so you might want to post in the Creative Movesets Thread instead. Anyway, the reason why Umbreon is not commonly used as a sweeper is because of its rather mediocre Attack and Special Attack stats.

_________________
ImageImage


Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:41 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 pm
Posts: 1959
Location: Va
Post 
sN0wBaLL wrote:
Nobody sees it coming indeed, so you might want to post in the Creative Movesets Thread instead.
Whoops, sorry.

_________________
Image Image
^Image by dragoni_slayer2014^


Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:46 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:37 am
Posts: 603
Location: ...wuszat?
Post 
I noticed that on the Standard for Grumpig, you have Shock Wave listed, although it can learn Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch. I believe Fire Punch would be more standard though because it covers more types easier. For instance, Steelix is resistant to Electric, takes little damage from Psychic and Ice, and is weak against Fire.


Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:41 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Original Post (deleted to prevent double-post =p) :
"Yeah, I noticed that too; it's one of the movesets which I am looking to update. It's because Grumpig was only able to learn those moves after Emerald was released, and this guide was written back when only Ruby and Sapphire were available."


*UPDATE*
I've just done an update for the sets. Some of the new sets address the issue that Pokemon like Grumpig learn new moves in Emerald (e.g. elemental punches).

I've also added a line at the top of the first post to indicate the date of the most recent update for this guide.

Here's the list of Pokemon which have had one or two movesets added. They are NOT sorted in any order.

Dusclops
Ariados
Crobat
Grumpig
Sableye
Misdreavus
Granbull
Qwilfish
Delibird
Mantine
Stantler
Smeargle
Raikou
Ho-oh
Sableye

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:12 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.