It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GenV Team Rating Center! (Closed for the time being) 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Second draft of my team... I'm probably getting really annoying by now :P sorry guys.
Purpose: Battle Subway/Wi-Fi
Type: Sandstorm

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 attack, 128 defense, 128 sp. defense
Moves: Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Curse

So, a common and obvious lead. First in line, he's a slow but brawny sweeper AND a sandstorm set up. Curse is used to raise stats, Stone Edge is used for a powerful STAB, as is Crunch. Earthquake is just there for coverage. Leftovers to preserve bulk. But should I swap Earthquake for Thunder Fang to cover the water weakness?

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed
Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Swords Dance

Another common sandstorm team member, my Excadrill gets cracking due to Sand Rush with Tyranitar's leftover sandstorm. Air Balloon is there to dodge an Earthquake, but should I switch with Focus Sash to set up a Swords Dance? Earthquake for a powerful STAB. Rock Slide for flying, bug and Volcarona. X-Scissor for psychic, dark and grass. Swords Dance if given the chance.

==========

So those are my first two Pokemon I've got set in my Sandstorm team. Feel free to make little changes to them, but dont change the Pokemon itself as they have been working for me. Now for my third, I'm thinking its between Gliscor, Garchomp and Reuniclus.

I tried Reuniclus but I lost to things like Mandibuzz, Scrafty and Gliscor (probably because of its moveset: Psychic, Reflect, Light Screen, Trick Room). If I had to use a Reuniclus again, what would it's moveset have to be? It's ability would have to be Magic Gaurd because it protects from weather AND poisoning AND burning.

Gliscor would help with the fighting type problem on the team (without falling to dark types like Reuniclus), but he doesnt know many good Flying type moves. He doesn't help with the team's on-going water weakness. Also, if I'm going to use him, I don't know if he should be a sweeper or a wall. With his ability Sand Veil he might be able to set up a couple Sword Dances and sweep from there. Don't know the details on being a wall though.

Garchomp wouldn't really cover the fighting problem, but he has Sand Veil and is a Dragon - therefore he's already kinda hard to take down (unless they've got a powerhouse ice type). He has access to Fire Fang, like Gliscor. But unlike Gliscor he has the power to use it more efficently without setting up a Swords Dance.

Suggestions? Comments? Ideas? I really need help here guys.

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For Biosci's team(s):

Quote:
Quote:
Ferrothorn
Nature:Sassy
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet
EV: 252 Hp, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave/Toxic/Sandstorm

For the item, do Leftovers since he doesn't get much recovery. And for the fourth move, do Leech Seed to drain away the foe's health, while healing yourself even more.

Quote:
Mandibuzz
Nature: Modest
Ability: Overcoat
Item: Sitrus Berry
EV: 252 Hp, 124 Def, 124 SpDef, 8 Spd
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Air Slash
Incinerate(?)

For your last move, Shadow Ball would be best to give more coverage. And if you plan on using a Special Attacking version, change the EVs to 252HP / 252SpA / 4Spe since its SpA is low and it needs all the EVs it can get.

Quote:
Terrakion
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Justified
Item: Muscle Band
EV: 252 Att, 128 Def, 128 Spd
Stone Edge
Earthquake/X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword

For the nature, a Jolly nature would be much MUCH better due to its good Atk and speed. For the EVs, change it to a spread of 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe for the sheer power and speed. Finally, do X-Scissor over Earthquake for some coverage, and Close Combat over Sacred Sword for power.
If your team doesn't go by the item clause, then do Life Orb for the item. But if you do go by it, then an Expert Belt or your old item can do.

Quote:
Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Life Orb
EV: 128 Hp, 252 Def, 128 SpDef
Calm Mind
Psychic
Focus Blast/Thunder
Shadow Ball

Looks pretty good. But keep Focus Blast over Thunder.

==================================================

Quote:
Amoonguss @Lum Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Timid
EVs: 132 HP, 100 Def, 4 SpAtt, 20 SpDef, 252 Spe
-Spore
-Rage Powder
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Looks pretty good to me. You still should put those speed EVs into his defenses to take more hits.

Quote:
Reuniclus @Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP, 252 Def, 128 SpDef
-Dream Eater
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
-Focus Blast

Looks pretty good. You might want to put Calm Mind in place of Protect or Shadow Ball to boost up.

Quote:
Heatran @Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SpAtt, 252, SpDef
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Protect
-Roar(?)

For the item, do Leftovers since this is a defensive Heatran. And for the fourth move, Toxic would work best on foes if Amoongus faints.

Quote:
Hydreigon @Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtt, 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Protect
-Dark Pulse

Not much to say here. Just add that last 4 EVs to HP for slightly more bulk.

Overal, I like your idea of having every poke use Protect every other turn. Hope these tips helped!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Game: pokemon white
Team Theme: Testing a few pokes
Battling Environment: Battle Subway Single/ Super single train
Team Preview: N/A
Restriction: N/A
Reply: Post

Well its been another month and Im still looking into some pokes to make a team. Anyways this team is just a mash of 3 pokes that im interested in using. This is mostly a team to see how they work. Now i havent actually used this team yet, sinceI have to breed one of them first.

{dragonite} lvl 90
Marveouls Scale
Adamant
Leftovers
252 Hp/6 Att/ 252 speed
Outrage
EQ
Roost
Dragon Dance

This is a retweek from the FAQ I generally use. Now im not a big fan of Dragonite, basically because it reminds me of Dudley the Dragon.
However, I was interested in seeing it in battle with its DW ability. The EV spread is to make it a little bulky. Leftovers is to restore Hp and to make its ability more than a 1 time use. The retweek comes in on the moves. EQ and Roost were options in one spot, however I found this odd, since the main purpose was to keep Dragonites HP full, and Leftovers doesnt restore all that much. So I decided to keep both, Roost for a more exensive heal, and EQ for power. DD is for first turn stat boosting, and outrage is STAB. Against the trainers in the sports dome in Nimbasa, It does pretty well, HOWEVER its IVS are horrid (not really one of my best breeds). So this guy proably wont make it onto other teams.

{lucario} (Awating to be bred)
Neutral Nature
Steadfast/Inner focus
Life Orb
128 Att/ 128 sp.Att/ 252 Speed

Close Combat
FlashCannon
EQ/???
Shadowball/ Dragon pulse/ Dark Pulse/ Hidden power Ice

Ok so I thinking of making a mixed sweeper out of Lucario. Lucario has a good amount of resists thanks to its steel typing (and can alsoe resit poison, good if Im up against Toxic spikes). Either ability would work, Inner focus would make it stop fakers, While steadfast will give it a speed boost. On the physical side im going with CC for power/accuracy and STAB and EQ (or another powerful physical move) for power and coverage over fire types. On the special side Flash Cannon for STAB. However the last slot is currently being debated. IF by some breeding miracle I can get Lucario with Hp Ice, Im going with that for, again type coverage and dragon sweeping. If the breeding gods decide not to give me one with that its between ShadowBall/Dark pulse for type coverage, or Dragon pulse for Power.
I decide Life orb would work best here, boosting both special and physical attacks. This is my first time trying to make a mixed sweeper so some input would Be great here.

{crawdaunt} (needs to be Ev trained/ taught moves)
Choice Band/LIfe orb/ Scope lens/focus stash
252 HP(6Hp?) / 252 Atk / 6 Spd(252 Spd?)
Jolly Nature
Adaptability

Crabhammer
Night Slash/(Crunch)
Sword Dance/Superpower
X-Scissor

Again this set is another retweak from the FAQ I frequent.Im interested in seeing if how crawdaunt fairs from the other water/dark (sharpedo). Im thinking of switching the Hp and speed Evs, since im going with a Jolly natured one over an adamant natured one (DW gave me a male so cant really breed). Now Crabhammer and night slash(Crunch was actually suggested but Im kinda interrested in night slash on this guy ) are STAB and for a higher chance to critcial hit AND get boosted by adaptability. X-Scissor is for Grass types. SuperPower is the suggested move to counter Ferrotorn and Empolena which could wall it, but Id rather not lower its att/Def (defiantly not its Def). So I figured Sword dance could come i and give it some Att boost. Now the item: Im not a fan of choice items and I dont like using em. So I decided on 3 alterinatives, Life orb for more ompf, Scope lens to up Critical, and Focus stash to survive a bit longer.

Thanks in advanced for the advice.

Credit given where credit is Due-Dragonites and Crawdaunts movesets from GameFAQ.com. FAQ written by Aggron bird.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For bottomsupfellas:

Quote:
Quote:
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 attack, 128 defense, 128 sp. defense
Moves: Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Curse

Pretty good Curse set

Quote:
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EV's: 252 attack, 252 speed
Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Swords Dance

Your Excadrill is looking a lot better now! Keep that set

For your third poke, a Rotom-W would be good since he covers your team's weaknesses to Ground and Water. Though it still hurts from Grass and Fighting moves.. Here's a recomended set:
Rotom-W @ Leftovers (Or Life Orb if using Item Clause)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP, 252 Special Attack, 128 Speed
Moves: Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Pain Split, Hidden Power Fire OR Will-O-Wisp
HP Fire is most recomemded here, but if you don't like to do Hidden Power, then use W-O-W instead.

I've been thinking, and a Hippowdon would be a great replacement for Tyranitar since it lowers several of your team's weaknesses as well as still setting up Sandstorm. And it can even do a Curse moveset:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant/Brave
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Special Defense
Moves: Curse, Crunch, Ice Fang, Earthquake OR Fire Fang
The nature on this doesn't really matter, since he is already bloody slow, and has no special moves. The Special Defense EVs let it survive more Special attacks. If Rotom-W isn't running HP Fire, then use Fire Fang on him. Otherwise, use Earthquake.

Hope this helped your team!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@Shuckle-Rock$ - Thank you! I'll post my more updated team soon.

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
Trading Thread

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

[Game]: Pokemon Black
[Team Theme]: Trick Room. Yes, I said Trick Room.
[Battling Environment]: VGC 2011 Format - Doubles, Level 50, Item and Species Clauses in effect
[Team Preview]: It exists, but it really doesn't mean a whole lot to me since I pretty much use always the same 4.
[Restrictions]: Each player has a team of 6 Pokemon that can't have duplicate items, but only 4 can be brought into each battle (the 4 are decided on the team preview screen). Oh, and only Unova Pokemon are allowed, excluding Victini, the Three Dragons, and the three unreleased Pokemon.
[Reply]: Reply in this thread.

So yeah. I pretty much use the same four always, but I'm considering who my two backups will be. Right now they are Mienshao and Volcarona, just in case Trick Room fails, but I'd like to try and replace Mienshao with someone more effective, such as Conkeldurr or a backup TR setup. Anyway, movesets below.
~~~

Modest, 252 SpA 160 Def 98 SpD, Shell Bell (or Life Orb if I ever buy one), Magic Guard
Trick Room, Psychic, Recover, Focus Blast

The heart and soul of the team, and one of the two leads. Reuniclus' purpose is very simple - to set up Trick Room and then start destroying things. I find Trick Room to be a great strategy, since it just screws with so many Pokemon that rely on Speed for setup. Once Reuniclus sets that up, the whole team can basically kick back.
He can hold one of two items - Shell Bell or Life Orb. I haven't tested Life Orb myself, but I've found that using Shell Bell virtually eliminates the need to use Recover (I would use Leftovers, but someone else is holding it), and therefore just one good Psychic can get him a fairly large chunk of his HP back. Psychic-Focus Blast is a good combo, and fortunately FB doesn't miss all that much if I need to use it, but I wonder where I can make improvements.

Calm, 60 Def 180 SpD 70 SpA 200 HP, Leftovers, Mummy
Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot

SUCH A BRO. The other half of my leads, Cofagrigus is an incredibly good and sorely underestimated Pokemon. He can be seen as the new Dusknoir - very slow, subpar HP, but absolutely titanic defenses and a rather wide movepool. I pick my moves for him depending on the situation - usually what I do is I lead with one or two WOW, thereby weakening any physical leads out of commission - it's good for Reuniclus, since any physical lead would go attack Cellbear instead of this guy (for obvious reasons). After Trick Room is ready, he can move pretty much unhindered - Reuniclus is only a tiny bit slower than he is, but he pretty much has free reign. Calm Mind is great for heading up special threats, and the combo of WOW and CM covers him on both fronts, and Lefties keeps him alive perpetually.

Shadow Ball is just basic STAB - I don't want to use Hex, because without WOW it's a really stupid move and once I get a couple CMs off, I want a guarantee that I'll OHKO my target or at least give it a severe dent, and thus I find Shadow Ball as a much better STAB. The last slot I gave to Grass Knot, but honestly I think it can go to any special attacking move. Grass Knot seemed like the most fitting because it can troll a lot of things, but is there a better option for this guy that gives him good coverage?

Quiet, 252 Atk 252 SpA 6 HP, Quick Claw, Shell Armor
Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Megahorn, Pursuit

Ah, Escavalier...and with a moveset that nobody sees coming. I doubt anyone would predict a mixed Escavalier or recommend it (surprise Focus Blast!), but even though it doesn't get a nature like Brave to boost its Attack stat, I find that Megahorn is actually an OHKO on a lot of things, especially things that are SE. And even without a defensive investment, Escavalier can take a lot more punishment than you might think - it's basically super-bulky Scizor with Megahorn. The knight can perform well with or without Trick Room (he is the slowest member on the entire team), much like everyone else on the team, but juuuuuuuust in case he's holding a Quick Claw to even the odds a bit.

Brave, 156 HP 196 Atk 8 Def 150 SpD, Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs
Stealth Rock, Bulldoze, Explosion, Power Whip

Oh come on, you had to have seen this guy coming. Yet, despite Ferrothorn's immense usefulness, he rarely ever hits the field. The only times when he's really seen are when Reuniclus has failed to set up a Trick Room, or when he's the last Pokemon standing. Nevertheless he is a Pokemon much to be feared. The moveset's a bit odd to say the least, given his timing at when he gets sent out (Stealth Rock and Explosion are usually a bit earlier in the game), but that doesn't mean he can't perform well. Truth be told this is a moveset he also has in singles that works quite well (which is why I don't want to get rid of Stealth Rock). Obviously, give him the Helmet to punish physical attackers.

I'm trying to find a good niche for the guy, though - whenever he comes to the field, Trick Room is usually not present. I want to find the best point to send him in (or switch him in), as well as find a good alternative to Bulldoze if there is any. Bulldoze and Explosion work best when Cofagrigus is his partner - the former because of Cofa's massive defense, and the latter because HE'S A GHOST

~~~~~
I'd appreciate any and all comments you can give me though. Just keep in mind, this is doubles, with strict item clause, and Unova mon only, so my repertoire is a bit limited.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[Game]:B/W
[Team Theme]:Hyper Offensive/Sweep
[Battling Environment]:3 v 3 OU
[Team Preview]:Off
[Restrictions]:None
[Reply]:Post

{azelf} @ Focus Sash
Naive - 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

One of the most common leads in the OU metagame, Azelf. Great speed, attack, access to stealth rock and explosion are sure reasons to choosing this set. He uses the focus sash to endure at least one hit to set up stealth rock and then explode on turn 2. Then taunt to prevent the opponent's stealth rocks. With psychic just as a backup.

{scizor} @ Choice Band
Adamant - 32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Super Power
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Typical Sweeping scizor with BP. Technician, Choice Band, Swords dance, AND STAB = Impossible to stop BP sweep. Overall just used to knock out everything in it's path. Not much else to tell about it.

{gengar} @ Life Orb
Timid - 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
- Shadow Ball
-Thunder Bolt
- Focus Blast
- HP Fire

Life Orb Gengar is a fearsome sweeper that has few true counters. With great Special Attack and Speed, great type coverage, as well as three immunities, Gengar is capable of dealing heavy damage to almost any team. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give Gengar complete type coverage and hit some of the metagame's top threats for super effective damage. Focus Blast always OHKOes max HP Tyranitar in sandstorm, 2HKOes most Snorlax, and always OHKOes min HP Heatran. Thunderbolt offers a quick OHKO against Gyarados and 2HKOes max HP Suicune. In the last slot, Hidden Power Fire can be used for its additional power against most Steel-types (most notably Scizor and Forretress), but running Hidden Power Fire forces Gengar to have an imperfect Speed IV which means it will almost always lose the speed tie against opposing Gengar. Finally, Explosion allows Gengar to go out with a bang and possibly defeat Blissey.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

First Team Rate, Here Goes:

fifaking wrote:
[Game]:B/W
[Team Theme]:Hyper Offensive/Sweep
[Battling Environment]:3 v 3 OU
[Team Preview]:Off
[Restrictions]:None
[Reply]:Post

{azelf} @ Focus Sash
Naive - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion U-Turn
- Taunt

One of the most common leads in the OU metagame, Azelf. Great speed, attack, access to stealth rock and explosion are sure reasons to choosing this set. He uses the focus sash to endure at least one hit to set up stealth rock and then explode on turn 2. Then taunt to prevent the opponent's stealth rocks. With psychic just as a backup.

Explosion isn't used as much in B/W compared to previous Gens as Explosion no longer halves the defense of the target. U-Turn is preferred as Azelf can scout for counters and stay alive. Other then that its the tried and tested Azelf Lead so thats fine.

{scizor} @ Choice Band Leftovers
Adamant - 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Super Power
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Typical Sweeping scizor with BP. Technician, Choice Band, Swords dance, AND STAB = Impossible to stop BP sweep. Overall just used to knock out everything in it's path. Not much else to tell about it.

If you're going to run SD then have Leftovers as your item. If you're going to have a CB I suggest you take off SD to free up space for another attacking move such as Night Slash. Other than that its fine.

{gengar} @ Life Orb
Timid - 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- HP Fire

Life Orb Gengar is a fearsome sweeper that has few true counters. With great Special Attack and Speed, great type coverage, as well as three immunities, Gengar is capable of dealing heavy damage to almost any team. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give Gengar complete type coverage and hit some of the metagame's top threats for super effective damage. Focus Blast always OHKOes max HP Tyranitar in sandstorm, 2HKOes most Snorlax, and always OHKOes min HP Heatran. Thunderbolt offers a quick OHKO against Gyarados and 2HKOes max HP Suicune. In the last slot, Hidden Power Fire can be used for its additional power against most Steel-types (most notably Scizor and Forretress), but running Hidden Power Fire forces Gengar to have an imperfect Speed IV which means it will almost always lose the speed tie against opposing Gengar. Finally, Explosion allows Gengar to go out with a bang and possibly defeat Blissey.

Looks Good.

Watch out mainly for Haxorus and Electric Types, who resist a quarter of all your attacks. However SR should be able to turn most neutral attacks into OHKO's. Also due to SR fire types should be easy to OHKO. This team has great potential and should be able to do very well in the 3 Vs 3 metagame.

Hope I helped! :)

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Last edited by IceArceus12 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@IceArceus12 thanks for the help.

BTW: Bug Bite gets 130 power from STAB and Technician well as X-Scissor only gets 120 power from only STAB.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
X-scissor has more 20 more base power over Bug Bite.

No it doesn't; it has 10 less. You forgot Technician gives Bug Bite 90 base power, which translates to 135 from STAB. edit: ninja'd
The only Bug-type move Scizor should be running on him is either Bug Bite or U-Turn, depending on what you're using him for. X-Scissor should never be run.

As for the CB bit? If you're going to run Swords Dance, run a different item for Scizor, like Lefties. I'd recommend the Lefties since SD Bullet Punch is something to be feared and gives him much more fluidity.

...yes I know I'm not a team rater but I had to comment on the X-Scissor comment being wrong.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

fifaking wrote:
BTW: Bug Bite gets 130 power from STAB and Technician well as X-Scissor only gets 120 power from only STAB.

DNA wrote:
Quote:
X-scissor has more 20 more base power over Bug Bite.

No it doesn't; it has 10 less. You forgot Technician gives Bug Bite 90 base power, which translates to 135 from STAB. edit: ninja'd
The only Bug-type move Scizor should be running on him is either Bug Bite or U-Turn, depending on what you're using him for. X-Scissor should never be run.

Sorry! I forgot about the Technician Boost! Thanks for correcting me :frustrated:

DNA wrote:
As for the CB bit? If you're going to run Swords Dance, run a different item for Scizor, like Lefties. I'd recommend the Lefties since SD Bullet Punch is something to be feared and gives him much more fluidity.

That was in the original post in the extra comments for Scizor but now I've highlighted that as the most recommendable option. Thanks

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[Game]: Pokemon Online
[Team Theme]: No real theme
[Battling Environment]: OU
[Team Preview]: Yes
[Restrictions]:
[Reply]: Post

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Rash - HP/220 Att/32 SPAT/252
Shell Armour
Ice Shard
Surf
Spikes
Rapid spin

Cloyster is a nice sturdy lead with some decent moves, he functions to both set up spikes and rapid spin away any hazards. Ice shard gives him some nice ability to knock out certain leads *cough* Ninjask *cough* and makes him decent at revenge kills whilst surf is a reliable move overall. Both benefit form STAB and the Life Orb powers them up nicely while still giving the ability to choose moves.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid - HP/48 SPAT/208 SPD252
Levitate
HP Fighting
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Nasty Plot

My personal opinion of Mismagius is that they are underrated as the recommendation of "can sweep teams that are unprepared" is very true, having some of the best coverage with HP Fighting and Shadow Ball, while having a powerful STAB move to boot. I use him as a late game sweeper and set up the sub and nasty plot up to sweep. the HP EV's and IV's coupled with leftovers gives the option of my subs when trying to set up on a problematic enemy praying they will miss or do something else.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm- HP/36 SPDF/220 SPD/252
Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Surf
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray

my bread and butter, perhaps my favorite parafusioner ever. switch in on an electric move when possible the TW and confuse (when possible in that order) to cripple and maim where I can causing switch-ins to be easier. The ev spread allows for greater bulk and leftovers causes a my enemies to squeal in frustration, or at least that's how I imagine it

Kingdra @ Leftovers (should i replace with presim berry?)
Adamant- HP/180 ATT/252 SPD/76
Swift Swim
Rain Dance
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall

If rain is not already on the field set it up to cause an increase in speed and increase the STAB of waterfall, when possible Dragon dance up and attempt a clear sweep using either of the physical STAB moves available to him. Leftovers is to help compensate for confusion and to improve overall survivability of the sweep.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Jolly- ATT/252 DEF/4 SPD/242
Oblivious
Superpower
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Shard

A basic choice banded sweeper, switch in and use which ever weapon is needed. With and overwhelming attack power, strong STAB Earthquake and priority ice shard with good HP and a decent speed make him a great physical sweeper and revenge killer. However I try to use the Ice Shard on Cloyster to prevent being locked in.

Heatran @ Air Ballon
Timid- SPAT/252 SPDF/4 SPD/252
Flash fire
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
HP Grass

A good S. Attacker switching in on fire moves when possible or forcing a switch from a ferrothorne which is now all too common in this meta-game and killing the bulky waters that come in to replace them with HP Grass. Using stealth rock on the switch to rack up that oh so lovely entry damage making sweeps simpler.

If I've made any mistakes with the format you have my sincerest apologies.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My Team

Darmanitan @ Sitrus Berry. (Phys Sweeper)
Adamant Nature. 252 ATK, 252 SPD, 6 SPD.
Sheer Force.
Superpower
Overheat,
Thrash
Rollout
Yay, extreme fire type powerhouse. I was thinking that because superpower and Overheat have self-induced stat lowers, I should give it a Restore Herb (or whatever it is) but I decided against it in the end. It only has 1 STAB move though, so I want a fire move over Rollout (Flare Blitz was too much).
Tyranitar @ Leftovers. (Lead)
Relaxed Nature. 252 DEF, 252 ATK, 6 SP. ATK.
Sand Stream.
Stone Edge,
Earthquake,
Thunder,
Shadow Claw.
I only really want Tyrant for setting up Sandstorm, though it can learn a lot of powerful moves. Leftovers are probably subject to change, there are some better items for Tyranitar. I was considering Stealth Rock, but it can only learn it by tm and I have no access to Gen IV TMs. 
Scrafty @ *undecided* (Physical Sweeper)
Bold Nature 252 ATK, 252 SP. ATK, 6 SPD.
Shed Skin.
Payback
Head Smash
Focus Punch
Substitute
*not in double and rotation battles*
I never really used Scrafty, so I figured I should make use of it in my new team. Scrafty sorta lacks Speed yet has nice Defense, so Payback slots in nicely. Head Smash is a good damager, so along with Attack its nice to have. Focus Punch + Substitute = Pwned opponent. Scrafty can learn both . Although, I don’t think its necessary to repeat a Physical Sweeper…
Excadrill @ Absorb Bulb. (Spinner)
Serious Nature, 252 ATK, 252 DEF, 6 SP. DEF.
Sand Force.
Swords Dance,
Drill Run,
Fissure,
Rapid Spin
*not in double and rotation battles*
Not in too much need of a spinner, but yeah, wanted Excadrill, works well as one. Swords dance for epic attack, then Drill Run for Crits. Fissure if EXTREMLY threatened, and Rapid Spin if the team is spiked.
Crustle @ *undecided* (Wall)
Bold Nature. 252 DEF, 252 SP. DEF, 6 HP.
Sturdy.
Stealth Rock,
Rock Wrecker,
Flail,
Slash.
This dude sets up Entry Hazards. Stealth Rock on entry, then Slash and Rock Wrecker. Flail if it gets low on health. Sturdy works for this job quite well, that if it gets hit by a potential OHKO move it will survive and will be free to drop Flail, and it also blocks actual OHKO moves altogether.

Bisharp @ Expert Belt (Tank)
Sassy Nature. 252 ATK, 252 DEF, 6 SP. ATK
Defiant
Iron Defense,
Iron Head
Swords Dance
Guillotine
Or
Durant @ *undecided* (Tank)
Sassy Nature. 252 ATK, 252 DEF, 6 SP. ATK
Swarm
Entrainment
X Scissor
Dig
Guillotine
Bisharp’s strategy: Iron Defense and Swords Dance away. When its high enough, use Iron Head. If extremely threatened, use Guillotine. Durant’s strategy: Entrainment the enemy to the practically useless Swarm, unless it knows Bug moves. X Scissor and Dig away, and Guillotine when threatened. I’m just going to switch between them.
[Game]: Black
[Team Theme]: Abstract (though with a hint of sandstorm)
[Battling Environment]: Random Matchup Double, Triple, Rotation
[Team Preview]: On
[Restrictions]: Random Matchup Restrictions, plus only available to stuff in Unova

Art page. I shall draw every single Pokemon and there is nothing you can do to stop meMUHAHAHA *ahem*

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hopefully this is the right way to do it >.<
[Game]: Pokemon White
[Team Theme]: Diverse is the way to go!
[Battling Environment]: Ghetsis (post-E4; in-game)
[Team Preview]: None
[Restrictions]: No move tutors AT ALL, excepting Draco Meteor; no Gen. III-IV TMs (that cannot be obtained pre-E4 or postgame); no idea what EVs or IVs

This is my team for Ghetsis (I got through E4 and N, but Ghetsis creamed me)
I just wanted to know if I can survive Ghetsis without my secret weapon (Zweilous lv. 63, soon to be Hydreigon), and either way, I want to know how I could improve them.

Chandelure lv. 57 @Charcoal
Naughty Nature (Atk. +/Sp. Def. -) l Flash Fire
-Flame Burst (Hex?)
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Will-O-Wisp

Unless forced to use Zekrom first against Ghetsis, like the first time around, I'm going against Ghetsis's Cofagrigus with Chandelure. In my haste to get my second-favorite Unova Pokemon, Litwick, I didn't check for its nature until AFTER it evolved into Chandelure. So yeah... I might replace Flame Burst with Hex again, for the WoW + Hex, but other than that, Cofagrigus will be no match against Chandelure.

Zekrom lv. 56@Magnet
Hasty Nature (Speed +/Def. -) l Terravolt
-Dragon Claw
-Fusion Bolt
-Slash
-Zen Headbutt

This is to (hopefully) counter Hydreigon, and to do some massive damage. Dragon Claw over Dragonbreath because 1. it's stronger, and 2. Zekrom's better with Attack rather than Sp. Attack. Zen Headbutt and Slash just because I couldn't think of other moves :/

Samurott lv. 58 @Mystic Water
Serious Nature l Torrent
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Revenge (Megahorn/Swords Dance?)
-Aerial Ace

Surf for STAB Special Attack, while Waterfall for STAB Physical Attack. Revenge for variety (against Hydreigon and Bouffalant) and Aerial Ace against Fighting types that my team falls prey to easily. I'm thinking of getting rid of Revenge and putting either Swords Dance or Megahorn. Any suggestions?

Archeops lv. 55 @None
Rash Nature (Sp. Attack +/Sp. Def. -) l Defeatist
-Fly
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-Crunch

This bird is packing Rock Slide and Acrobatics, latter of which is a deadly 110 power because it doesn't hold an item. Fly is for convenience and attacking where Acrobatics fails (when I put Archeops on Lucky Egg training or something). Rock Slide for STAB as well, and Crunch for Cofagrigus if Chandelure fails.

Excadrill lv. 57 @Soft Sand
Impish Nature (Def. +/Sp. Attack -) l Sand Force
-Earthquake (Drill Run after training?)
-Sandstorm
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Set up Swords Dance and Sandstorm if I can, and hopefully OHKO most, if not all, of Ghetsis's remaining team. Earthquake for powerful STAB and against Bisharp, and Rock Slide for Fliers and Levitating foes.

Leavanny lv. 57 @Miracle Seed
Adamant Nature (Atk. +/So, Atk. -) l Swarm
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Leaf Storm

Set up with Swords Dance if possible. If not, go head on with X-Scissor against Hydreigon (given that Fire Blast is either out of PP or misses).

Yes, my team is a little... odd, but hope you can rate them all the same ^^ Thanks~
-torchie

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tyranitar @ Leftovers. (Lead-Tank)
Relaxed Nature. 252 DF, 252 HP, 6 AT
Sand Stream.
Stone Edge, or maybe rockslide if you want.
Crunch
Brickbreak
See below*
thunders a terible idea, its much less effective then stone edge
sadly you don't have gen 4 tms or tutors so tyranitar is less useful
Crunch is SE against all type that ghost is plus it gets STAB and it hits normal types
again earthquakes good but It will hurt all of your team mates
Brickbreak is the next best thing to superpower which grants you the same coverage as earthquake without taking out allys
the last slot is mostly apreferance move, some options are.... Pursuit, curse, double team (it's not banned on random matchups), dragon tail, Toxic, thunderwave

Excadrill @ Air balloon (Spinner/sweeper)
Jolly 252 AT 252 SP 6 HP
Sand Rush
Swords Dance
Drill Run*
Rockslide
Rapid Spin
exadrill isn't meant to endure an attack so just having him as a fast spinner is good enough

NO scrafty
what you need is a special attacker
Reuniculus is very popular for this role as magic guard protects it from sand damage
SA Tank
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Recover
item: Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Quiet
evs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA

another good sand storm SA is Landorus (who for the rec SHOULD be called Sandorus*
SA sweeper
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
evs: 252 SA/ 4 AT / 252 SP
Moves
Earth power
Rock slide
Hidden power Ice
Rockpolish will make him supa fast/Fissure if you 'd rather go for broke

Crustle @ Mental Herb (balenced wall)
careful Nature. 252 HP, 188 DF 68 SD
Sturdy
Spikes/Protect
stealth rock/protect*
Rock Wrecker/rock slide
X-scissor
Balanced walls are way under rated Crustle is an excelent caniadiate due to the boost it receives from sand storm
hit 333 in both SD and DF (asumming awesome IVs) this thing can parry almost any move rock wreckers awesome but only use it just before you die

Bisharp @ Expert Belt (Tank)
Adamant Nature. 252 ATK, 252 HP, 6 DF
Defiant
Iron Head
Sucker punch
brick break/low sweep- low sweep is weaker but it slows down the foe prehaps allowing bisharp to get another hit in even maybe flinching the foe
thunderwave/guilotine/protect* thunderwave will cripple them but guillotine is nice to have on a tank

Mandibuzz Tank
Adamant w/ Bright Powder @ Over Coat
EVs 252 HP 252 AT 4 SD
Brave Bird
Knock off
Bone rush
Roost
bonerush is good for hurting steel types which can be problematic, knock off is just to deprive the foe of their item.
This set was made by me, for me and it works awesomely

darmanitan
doesn't really fit the sandstorm team so you may want to used exacdrill instead
Darmanitan @ Life orb. (Phys Sweeper)
Adamant Nature. 252 AT, 252 SP, 6 SD.
Sheer Force.
Superpower
Fire punch
Rockslide
U-turn*
Rollout? Really? Try Rock slide, same accuracy more power, plus it hits more than 1 foe
If you don't like flareblitzs recoil then try fire punch its boosted to 98 basepower due to sheerforce
earthquakes good but It will hurt all of your team mates so try u-turn instead

Trust me I know Sandstorm Click on the Hour Glass Gym icon in my sig

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:

Well its been another month and Im still looking into some pokes to make a team. Anyways this team is just a mash of 3 pokes that im interested in using. This is mostly a team to see how they work. Now i havent actually used this team yet, sinceI have to breed one of them first.

{dragonite} lvl 90
Marveouls Scale
Adamant
Leftovers
252 Hp/6 Att/ 252 speed
Outrage
EQ
Roost
Dragon Dance

This is a retweek from the FAQ I generally use. Now im not a big fan of Dragonite, basically because it reminds me of Dudley the Dragon.
However, I was interested in seeing it in battle with its DW ability. The EV spread is to make it a little bulky. Leftovers is to restore Hp and to make its ability more than a 1 time use. The retweek comes in on the moves. EQ and Roost were options in one spot, however I found this odd, since the main purpose was to keep Dragonites HP full, and Leftovers doesnt restore all that much. So I decided to keep both, Roost for a more exensive heal, and EQ for power. DD is for first turn stat boosting, and outrage is STAB. Against the trainers in the sports dome in Nimbasa, It does pretty well, HOWEVER its IVS are horrid (not really one of my best breeds). So this guy proably wont make it onto other teams.

no qualms here next

Quote:
Neutral Nature
Steadfast/Inner focus
Life Orb

Close Combat
FlashCannon
EQ/???

Ok so I thinking of making a mixed sweeper out of Lucario. Lucario has a good amount of resists thanks to its steel typing (and can alsoe resit poison, good if Im up against Toxic spikes). Either ability would work, Inner focus would make it stop fakers, While steadfast will give it a speed boost. On the physical side im going with CC for power/accuracy and STAB and EQ (or another powerful physical move) for power and coverage over fire types. On the special side Flash Cannon for STAB. However the last slot is currently being debated. IF by some breeding miracle I can get Lucario with Hp Ice, Im going with that for, again type coverage and dragon sweeping. If the breeding gods decide not to give me one with that its between ShadowBall/Dark pulse for type coverage, or Dragon pulse for Power.
I decide Life orb would work best here, boosting both special and physical attacks. This is my first time trying to make a mixed sweeper so some input would Be great here.

I have run a mixed lucario before

Lucario (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 104 Atk / 176 SAtk / 228 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Sky Uppercut
- Blaze Kick

Quote:
Choice band/Life Orb/ something else
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
Adamant Nature
Adaptability

Crabhammer
Crunch
X-Scissor
Superpower

Again this set is from the FAQ I frequent. Crabhammer and Crunch are STAB and get boosted from adabtability, X-scissor is for grass types , and superpower is for Ferrothorn/Empoleon. Now the biggest problem I have with ths set is its item. For this set it suggested Choice Band, however I do not like being locked into a move AT ALL. Id rather use Life orb (however it suggest Life orb shoulde be used with Dragon Dance,But I can breed since its male) or some other item.

Credit given where credit is Due-Dragonites and Crawdaunts movesets from GameFAQ.com. FAQ written by Aggron bird.

Scratch crawdaunt A it gives you uncovered a multitude of weaknesses B Crawdaunt can not take a special hit worth a darn and you need a switch in from dragonite in case of an ice move what I would reccomend doing is trading a ditto for a washer rotom or an oven rotom (rotom-H) if you have not done that trade yet and using the wash rotom or heat rotom as your third member if you have done that trade already for something different i would reccomend trying a mixed eelektross but that would not give you any ice coverage. milotic, Gallade, Medicham, and politoad are also good options.

my eelektross is
Eelektross (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 112 Atk / 136 Def / 88 SAtk / 136 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Brick Break
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
It is a phasing scout Dragon tail make like whirlwind with a power of 60 volt switch scouts the opponent Flamethrower burns things, and break break is for a coverage and b to stop dual screeners.
All four of those other pokemon give wonderful type coverage for your team .
but try to get a washer or oven rotom

Rotom-W or Rotom-H @ Wise Glasses
EVs: 116 HP / 100 Def / 192 SAtk / 100 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp/thunder wave
- Signal Beam/overheat (H only)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

The signal beam or over heat are for type coverage and everything else is standard this is meant to tank some hits
Will-o-wisp lowers attack thunderwave lowers use which one you like better

This is the best help I can give I hope I helped good luck.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Accidental double post my apologies

GofD wrote:

{dragonite} lvl 90
Marveouls Scale
Adamant
Leftovers
252 Hp/6 Att/ 252 speed
Outrage
EQ
Roost
Dragon Dance

no qualms here next

Quote:
Neutral Nature
Steadfast/Inner focus
Life Orb

Close Combat
FlashCannon
EQ/???

I have run a mixed lucario before

Lucario (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 104 Atk / 176 SAtk / 228 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Sky Uppercut
- Blaze Kick

all this is is a mixed sweeper nothing special about it

Quote:
Choice band/Life Orb/ something else
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
Adamant Nature
Adaptability

Crabhammer
Crunch
X-Scissor
Superpower

Again this set is from the FAQ I frequent. Crabhammer and Crunch are STAB and get boosted from adabtability, X-scissor is for grass types , and superpower is for Ferrothorn/Empoleon. Now the biggest problem I have with ths set is its item. For this set it suggested Choice Band, however I do not like being locked into a move AT ALL. Id rather use Life orb (however it suggest Life orb shoulde be used with Dragon Dance,But I can breed since its male) or some other item.

Scratch crawdaunt A it gives you uncovered a multitude of weaknesses B Crawdaunt can not take a special hit worth a darn and you need a switch in from dragonite in case of an ice move what I would reccomend doing is trading a ditto for a washer rotom or an oven rotom (rotom-H) if you have not done that trade yet and using the wash rotom or heat rotom as your third member if you have done that trade already for something different i would reccomend trying a mixed eelektross but that would not give you any ice coverage. milotic, Gallade, Medicham, and politoad are also good options.

my eelektross is
Eelektross (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 112 Atk / 136 Def / 88 SAtk / 136 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Brick Break
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
It is a phasing scout Dragon tail make like whirlwind with a power of 60 volt switch scouts the opponent Flamethrower burns things, and break break is for a coverage and b to stop dual screeners.
All four of those other pokemon give wonderful type coverage for your team .
but try to get a washer or oven rotom

Rotom-W or Rotom-H @ Wise Glasses
EVs: 116 HP / 100 Def / 192 SAtk / 100 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp/thunder wave
- Signal Beam/overheat (H only)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

The signal beam or over heat are for type coverage and everything else is standard this is meant to tank some hits
Will-o-wisp lowers attack thunderwave lowers use which one you like better

This is the best help I can give I hope I helped good luck.

Last edited by Aquadude on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks AquaDude.

I havent traded the Ditto yet, so I think I might do that. In fact, I havent really used Rotom before, So I guess this would be a good time to do so.

Again, Thanks.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A little team I made on PO one day, it seems to do pretty good so far, but it needs some improving.

[Team Theme]: Uh, offensive, I guess
[Battling Environment]: Wi-Fi Ubers
[Restrictions]: Species clause, no Soul Dews, no DW abilities
[Reply]: Post or PM, whatever is easier for you

Now for the team (sorry I have no pictures):

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder

He's here to set up rain for the rest of the team, and can also use Calm Mind to set up and sweep later in the game, if I need him to. He has the typical Kyogre moveset, which actually works fine on him. His only problem is that most Groudons are slower than him, so they set up sun and SR.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef (0 spe IVs)
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rocks
- Toxic Spikes

My spinner and hazard set up guy. 0 speed IVs is for the gyro ball power boost. I'm also thinking of replacing him with a Ferrothorn, so what do you think? He also has basically no weaknessess in the rain, and with those massive defenses, he's been annoying for my enemies to take down. I just remembered he has stealth rocks, not spikes.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

A rain-abusing special sweeper. With the Electric/Ice combo, nothing resists his attacks, and after a nasty plot or two, he can destroy a lot of things, spamming his Thunder left and right. Even Groudon and Rayquaza hide from his Hidden Power, so that he can clear the way for Kyogre to cause some more rain that was lost from Groudon or ignore the temporary loss of it by Rayquaza. I'm not sure if I should give him Taunt or not.

Palkia @ Haban Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Aura Sphere
- Spacial Rend
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Blast
An amazing mixed sweeper. He is mostly here to prevent Zekrom from destroying Kyogre, which would put an end to my rain of terror (pun completely intended, so laugh at it. Ha ha ha). Haban Berry mixed with his OHKO potential allows me to fake Specs, let them switch into a counter, and then kill it. It also helps him sort of survive most Draco Meteors.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Healing Wish
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Supportter/stall. That's all she's here for, really. Lack of leftovers is depressing, but the boost in her super low Defense is totally worth it.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

And finally, my Arceus counter. Immune to Extremespeed and Earthquake, along with an immunity to both types of spikes (which are usually nonexistent unless Forretress is dead), allows him to come in whenever and destroy those Arceus's. His physical movepool allows him to also smite Blissey, and even Chansey and other physical walls.

And that's it. If I make a change, it will be in pink. You can also fell free to switch out one teammate for something else, if need be.
Thank you in advance for your help! :mrgreen:

Last edited by Yog on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry for the late reply :/

Yog wrote:
A little team I made on PO one day, it seems to do pretty good so far, but it needs some improving.

[Team Theme]: Uh, offensive, I guess
[Battling Environment]: Wi-Fi Ubers
[Restrictions]: Species clause, no Soul Dews, no DW abilities
[Reply]: Post or PM, whatever is easier for you

Now for the team (sorry I have no pictures):

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Water Spout
- Thunder

He's here to set up rain for the rest of the team, and can also use Calm Mind to set up and sweep later in the game, if I need him to. He has the typical Kyogre moveset, which actually works fine on him. His only problem is that most Groudons are slower than him, so they set up sun and SR.

If your bringing him early and switching him around to keep rain going you may want surf for more consistent water power esp. after taking a beating late game to get a CM sweep up. Otherwise good.

Yog wrote:
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef (0 spe IVs)
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

My spinner and hazard set up guy. 0 speed IVs is for the gyro ball power boost. I'm also thinking of replacing him with a Ferrothorn, so what do you think? He also has basically no weaknessess in the rain, and with those massive defenses, he's been annoying for my enemies to take down.

you'll still be x2 weak to fire and technically x2 weak to water in rain, I'd stick with forretress for Sturdy and TS/spin support.

Yog wrote:
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast/Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

A rain-abusing special sweeper. With the Electric/Ice combo, nothing resists his attacks, and after a nasty plot or two, he can destroy a lot of things, spamming his Thunder left and right. Even Groudon and Rayquaza hide from his Hidden Power, so that he can clear the way for Kyogre to cause some more rain that was lost from Groudon or ignore the temporary loss of it by Rayquaza. I'm not sure if I should give him Taunt or not.

I'd stick with focus blast for Ferrothorn as while taunt is good, a mispredict is usually fatal in Ubers. T-wave may be an option for stopping a sweeper from running through you.

Yog wrote:
Palkia @ Haban Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Aura Sphere
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder

An amazing mixed sweeper. He is mostly here to prevent Zekrom from destroying Kyogre, which would put an end to my rain of terror (pun completely intended, so laugh at it. Ha ha ha). Haban Berry mixed with his OHKO potential allows me to fake Specs, let them switch into a counter, and then kill it. It also helps him sort of survive most Draco Meteors.

Hasty but no physical moves? Use Aqua tail over surf to go mixed, Fire blast can be used over thunder for ferrothorn/scizor coverage even in rain and acts well in the occasional sun.

Yog wrote:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Supportter/stall. That's all she's here for, really. Lack of leftovers is depressing, but the boost in her super low Defense is totally worth it.

Set is good. Healing wish can be tried over Aromatherapy to restore Water spout kyorge late game or give thundurus a 2nd chance, but either is good.

Yog wrote:
Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Destiny Bond

And finally, my Arceus counter. Immune to Extremespeed and Earthquake, along with an immunity to both types of spikes (which are usually nonexistent unless Forretress is dead), allows him to come in whenever and destroy those Arceus's. His physical movepool allows him to also smite Blissey, and even Chansey and other physical walls.

Not sure on destiny bond, replacing it with dragon tail would give you some phazing and hazard shuffling along forretress with shadow sneak to finish.

Yog wrote:
And that's it. If I make a change, it will be in pink. You can also fell free to switch out one teammate for something else, if need be.
Thank you in advance for your help! :mrgreen:

Overall your team is quite good, it carries a lot and has decent synergy. :)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[Team Theme]: Sandstorm
[Battling Environment]: OU, Random matchup
[Team Preview]: N/A
[Restrictions]: B/W Legendaries

Tyranitar @ Focus Band
Evs: 252HP/56Atk/200SDef
Nature: Quiet (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice beam

Tyranitar is my lead. He sets up Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. He has a mixed set to take care of a lot of threats. He can also take a good bit of damage.

Excadrill @ Balloon
Ability: Sandrush
Evs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw/Rapid Spin/X-scissor

Physical sweeper. Evs, Nature and Ability equals HUGE speed. Swords Dance to increase attack. Eathquake or Rock Slide depending on what I'm against.
I'm not sure what to use for the fourth move. Shadow Claw/X-scissor for physical attack or Rapid Spin to remove SR etc.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Evs: 252HP/192Def/64SAtk
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Special attacker who can take hits. Magic Guard protects from sandstorm and allows for boost from Life Orb without a cost.
Sets up a Calm Mind or two and then attacks with Psychic/Focus Blast depending on opponent. Recover when needed.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Good defence and attack and regains HP thanks to poison heal. Sets up Substitute and uses Toxic if necessary. Ice Fang for dragons and other Gliscors, Earthquake for most others.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Evs: 204HP/100Def/204SDef (0Spd IV)
Nature: Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power whip

Wall. Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs could damage attackers. Leftovers + Leech Seed would keep him alive for longer. I was thinking of also giving him ingrain, to allow for him to stay out longer regaining a lot of life each turn, but I don't know if it would be worth it or what move to get rid of. Low speed IV and lowering nature allow for max power Gyro Ball.

Scizor @ Shell Bell
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Would have used a life orb/leftovers but there already being used. Swords Dance to boost attack. Technician boosted Bullet Punch and Bug Bite for STAB moves. Roost to regain life.

This is my first (proper) competitive team so it probably has some big weaknesses (fire,water and ground types I think). I'm not sure if I should put in a water type (or something like that) to make up for my weaknesses and I don't know who I would get rid of for one.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Game:Black
Team Theme: Offense
Battling Environment: Ubers, Double
Team Preview: Yes
Restriction:None
Reply:Post

When I say Standard move i mean the move I use when there is no specific benefit to using the others.

Charizard-100-Flame Plate-(M)
Lonely-EVs unknown
Blaze
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Focus Blast
Fly

Starts off as a lead With Ferialigatr, using Flamethrower as a base move. Blast Burn is to overcome type resistances and one hit KO opponents, Focues Blast is a filler. Fly is to avoid Feraligatr's Surf. Overall a fast strong attacker who can overcome most type disadvantages. I chose Charizard in particular because he always has been my favorite.

Feraligatr-100-Mystic Water(M)
Sassy-EVs Unknown
Torrent
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Hydro Cannon
This is my second lead. He has an AOE to go in combo with charizard who is immune to earthquake. Waterfall and Hydro Cannon are powerful STAB moves and are base coverage moves. Ice Beam is a powerful move for coverage. I chose Feraligatr because he has a small ocean of HP and has strong stats all around.

Lucario-100-Wise Glasses-(M)
Relaxed-EVs Unknown
Steadfast
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Extreme Speed
Stone Edge
Lucario has the best coverage of moves in my team. Dark pulse is to stall enemies and is for coverage, Stone Edge covers as well. Extreme Speed is for when you need to chip off that last bit of health without risking priority moves. Aura Sphere is For STAB, Never miss accuracy and is the base move. I chose Lucario because he has a respectable mix of Attack, SP. Attack and Speed.

Metagross-100-Leftovers
Brave-EVs Unknown
Clear Body
Gyro Ball
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Zen Headbutt
Metagross has the best stats on the team overall, other than Speed. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are both great STAB moves the capitalize on his massive Attack. Gyro Ball is for after Hammer Arm. Hammer Arm is a powerful filler that boosts Gyro Ball. Metagross was Included because he has few type weaknesses and no stat weaknesses other than speed.

Raikou-100-Bright Powder
Quiet-EVs Unknown
Pressure
Calm Mind
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Raikou is one of the best legal electric types out there with good stats and moveset, also the only "indirect" fighter on my team Calm mind boost his special while he's behind substitute to set up, thunderbolt and shadow ball. The latter can also make him even more deadly.

Haxorus-100-Dragon Claw-(F)
Sassy-Evs Unknown
Rivalry
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Outrage
Poison Jab
Haxorus is my pure Physical offence, With an Astronomical Attack stat. Dragon Claw is the Standard Move with STAB. Shadow claw is for coverage and high crit rate, Outrage is to deal massive damage with STAB and Dragon Claw once she knocks someone out I switch her out to avoid the confusion. Poison Jab is a filler that's unexpected.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love Hydreigon,I'd never trade a Hydreigon :D .

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[Game]: Black and White
[Team Theme]: Rain Stall
[Battling Environment]: Pokemon Online
[Restrictions]: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Self KO Clause

This is a really fun play-style and I've done extremely well with it! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Politoed-Drizzle
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Nature: Bold Item: Leftovers
Scald
Toxic
Ice Beam
Encore/Hypnosis

What rain team would be complete without Politoed? To keep in theme with stall, I'm using a defensive version. Scald is used for STAB and has a nifty Burn chance which I love when facing Physical Sweepers, excluding Conkledurr. Toxic is for passive damage that I love when going into a stall war. Ice Beam is solely there for Dragon and Grass types. Believe it or not, it can actually take an unboosted Leaf Storm from Celebi. Encore is a fantastic tool I found for Politoed that makes boosters rip their hair out. However, I was thinking of switching to Hypnosis, but it's accuracy frightens me.

Ferrothorn-Iron Barbs
252 HP/ 48 Def/ 208 Sp. Def. Speed IVs:0
Nature: Relaxed Item: Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball
Substitute

I've been told that this set is what makes me win sometimes. SubSeed Ferrothorn is a fantastic set I came up with and is a force to be reckoned with. The EVs and nature are for as much bulk on both sides. Stealth Rock is a necessity on any team, helping me nab a few KOs. Gyro Ball is a much better move than Power Whip, because it hits more targets and has better accuracy. Substitute and Leech Seed combo annoys like crazy, unless I'm against a Grass type. Most people criticize the set because Ferrothorn is too slow. Any Grass Pokemon can pull a SubSeed set off, as long as you're bulky or speedy.

Dragonite-Multiscale
224 HP/ 252 Sp. Att./ 32 Speed
Nature: Quiet Item: Leftovers
Roost
Hurricane
Thunder
Brick Break

Dragonite's new tools are what make it such a beast this generation. Multiscale plus the HP takes hits like a champ, even Ice moves. Hurricane is amazing, 120 BP, STAB, a 30% confusion, and 100% accuracy in the rain is scary. Thunder is also terrifying, scaring off Water types like Jellicent or even Tentacruel. Roost is to keep Multiscale working as long as possible, and Brick Break is for Ferrothorn and Tyranitar. My one problem with this set is, while its amazing in the rain, half the set is worthless when it goes away. If there is a Pokemon that could do Dragonites job better, please be my guest.

Reuniclus-Magic Guard
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp Def
Calm Mind
Recover
Psychic
Focus Blast

To be honest, I don't care much for Reuniclus. The only reason I use it was because it's the best Calm Mind user in OU. Jirachi didn't work for me, Latias has poor coverage with just Dragon Pulse, and Espeon is too frail to pull it off. Please make me aware of a better user, but this is what I have. Calm Mind is the crux of this set, boosting its Specials Attack and Defense to immense levels. Psychic and Focus Blast get decent coverage, but they don't hit pure Psychics at all. Recover keeps it healthy. The one thing I adore about Reuniclus is Magic Guard. That ability has saved me a few times.

Vaporeon-Hydration
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm Item: Leftovers
Toxic
Acid Armor
Scald
Rest

I still don't see why HydraRest Vaporeon isn't used more often. True, it loses out on a immunity and key moves such as Wish and Heal Bell, but the fantastic bulk of this set is worth it. Acid Armor may seem strange at first, but it's used to maintain fabulous overall bulk, getting 314 Defense and 317 Special Defense. Toxic and Scald cause Poison or Burn, respectively, and deal good damage. Scald also deals massive damage off of a decent Special Attack and a rain-boost. Rest keeps it healthy without the obnoxious sleep side effect.

Haxorus-Mold Breaker
4 HP/ 252 Att./ 252 Speed
Item: Choice Scarf Nature: Adamant
X-Scissor
Brick Break/Dual Chop
Earthquake
Outrage

Good Lord does this thing rock. It's Speed and Attack sats are monstrous with a Scarf, backed by good coverage moves. Haxorus may seem a little out of place on a stall team, but it's role is a crucial one. It's job is to pick off weakened opponent that the rest of the team has weakened. Outrage is stupidly strong, maiming even Steel types. Earthquake rounds out the coverage, hurting all Steel types, except Skarmory. X-Scissor ruins Celebi, because without it, Celebi sweeps through my entire team. Literally. Even Dragonite can't stop it after a Nasty Plot. I've had some debate over Brick Break over Dual Chop. Brick Break hits floating Pokemon, but Dual Chop gets through Subs and has STAB.

Thanks in advance for the rate! I've had suggestions to use Tentacruel or Forretress, but I simply don't know where to use them. If you can help, that would be great! Thanks again!

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:
[Team Theme]: Sandstorm
[Battling Environment]: OU, Random matchup
[Team Preview]: N/A
[Restrictions]: B/W Legendaries

Tyranitar @ Focus Band
Evs: 252HP/56Atk/200SDef
Nature: Quiet (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice beam

Tyranitar is my lead. He sets up Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. He has a mixed set to take care of a lot of threats. He can also take a good bit of damage.

Focus band is risky and some still consider it banned as it as luckhax similar to brightpowder. Use Focus sash to survive Scizor or expert belt to increase damage. Superpower can also be used over ice beam or SR as a good wall breaker.

DragoBoy wrote:
Excadrill @ Balloon
Ability: Sandrush
Evs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw/Rapid Spin/X-scissor

Physical sweeper. Evs, Nature and Ability equals HUGE speed. Swords Dance to increase attack. Eathquake or Rock Slide depending on what I'm against.
I'm not sure what to use for the fourth move. Shadow Claw/X-scissor for physical attack or Rapid Spin to remove SR etc.

It wasn't at the time of posting, but Excadril was banned from OU. My apologies on the late reply. Standard Scarf or Boosting Terrakion is a good replacement.
DragoBoy wrote:
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Evs: 252HP/192Def/64SAtk
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Special attacker who can take hits. Magic Guard protects from sandstorm and allows for boost from Life Orb without a cost.
Sets up a Calm Mind or two and then attacks with Psychic/Focus Blast depending on opponent. Recover when needed.

Standard, looks good.

DragoBoy wrote:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Good defence and attack and regains HP thanks to poison heal. Sets up Substitute and uses Toxic if necessary. Ice Fang for dragons and other Gliscors, Earthquake for most others.

Same as reuni, standard and good. Maybe a phazing move over sub just to have one around.

DragoBoy wrote:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Evs: 204HP/100Def/204SDef (0Spd IV)
Nature: Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power whip

Wall. Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs could damage attackers. Leftovers + Leech Seed would keep him alive for longer. I was thinking of also giving him ingrain, to allow for him to stay out longer regaining a lot of life each turn, but I don't know if it would be worth it or what move to get rid of. Low speed IV and lowering nature allow for max power Gyro Ball.

Go with leftovers, if you want ingrain use it over gyro ball, worse coverage but better PP and constant 120power. But Protect would do better with LS, as the stall+levtovers often beasts ingrain's recovery and can scout HP fires.

DragoBoy wrote:
Scizor @ Shell Bell
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Would have used a life orb/leftovers but there already being used. Swords Dance to boost attack. Technician boosted Bullet Punch and Bug Bite for STAB moves. Roost to regain life.

since the item is limited, Occa berry may prevent a fire from running thru scizor/ferro. Superpower over roost for better sweeping.[/quote]

DragoBoy wrote:
This is my first (proper) competitive team so it probably has some big weaknesses (fire,water and ground types I think). I'm not sure if I should put in a water type (or something like that) to make up for my weaknesses and I don't know who I would get rid of for one.

Team has a pretty large fire/ground/water weakness as you said, adding a starmie/lati@s over Scizor may be a good idea. Otherwise not bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wakerz wrote:
Game:Black
Team Theme: Offense
Battling Environment: Ubers, Double
Team Preview: Yes
Restriction:None
Reply:Post

Sorry Wakers, but your team is straight up bad. Zard,Gatar have no business in Ubers and the rest really only fill certain niches in the Uber metagame. Look at Yog's team above for a good example of a team built for Ubers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yaysnivy34 wrote:
[Game]: Black and White
[Team Theme]: Rain Stall
[Battling Environment]: Pokemon Online
[Restrictions]: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Self KO Clause

This is a really fun play-style and I've done extremely well with it! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Politoed-Drizzle
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Scald
Toxic
Ice Beam
Encore/Hypnosis

What rain team would be complete without Politoed? To keep in theme with stall, I'm using a defensive version. Scald is used for STAB and has a nifty Burn chance which I love when facing Physical Sweepers, excluding Conkledurr. Toxic is for passive damage that I love when going into a stall war. Ice Beam is solely there for Dragon and Grass types. Believe it or not, it can actually take an unboosted Leaf Storm from Celebi. Encore is a fantastic tool I found for Politoed that makes boosters rip their hair out. However, I was thinking of switching to Hypnosis, but it's accuracy frightens me.

I'd stick with Encore to force prediction to help set up stall, as sleep is a bit nerfed this gen. Rest is good.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Ferrothorn-Iron Barbs
252 HP/ 48 Def/ 208 Sp. Def. Speed IVs:0
Nature: Relaxed Item: Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball
Substitute

I've been told that this set is what makes me win sometimes. SubSeed Ferrothorn is a fantastic set I came up with and is a force to be reckoned with. The EVs and nature are for as much bulk on both sides. Stealth Rock is a necessity on any team, helping me nab a few KOs. Gyro Ball is a much better move than Power Whip, because it hits more targets and has better accuracy. Substitute and Leech Seed combo annoys like crazy, unless I'm against a Grass type. Most people criticize the set because Ferrothorn is too slow. Any Grass Pokemon can pull a SubSeed set off, as long as you're bulky or speedy.

The downside to gyro ball is the PP and some pokes like Renuiclus can take it without a scratch. with the rest of the team Gyro ball is fine though. The rest is pretty standard.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Dragonite-Multiscale
224 HP/ 252 Sp. Att./ 32 Speed
Nature: Quiet Item: Leftovers
Roost
Hurricane
Thunder
Brick Break

Dragonite's new tools are what make it such a beast this generation. Multiscale plus the HP takes hits like a champ, even Ice moves. Hurricane is amazing, 120 BP, STAB, a 30% confusion, and 100% accuracy in the rain is scary. Thunder is also terrifying, scaring off Water types like Jellicent or even Tentacruel. Roost is to keep Multiscale working as long as possible, and Brick Break is for Ferrothorn and Tyranitar. My one problem with this set is, while its amazing in the rain, half the set is worthless when it goes away. If there is a Pokemon that could do Dragonites job better, please be my guest.

Dragonite does this best but as you said sun kills it and sand/hail hurt multiscale. Giving Haxorus BB you can run Dragon Tail in the last slot to work as a phazer in bad weather, Aqua tail is also a bit safer option if you want to give Thunder to Reuniclus.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Reuniclus-Magic Guard
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp Def
Calm Mind
Recover
Psychic
Focus Blast

To be honest, I don't care much for Reuniclus. The only reason I use it was because it's the best Calm Mind user in OU. Jirachi didn't work for me, Latias has poor coverage with just Dragon Pulse, and Espeon is too frail to pull it off. Please make me aware of a better user, but this is what I have. Calm Mind is the crux of this set, boosting its Specials Attack and Defense to immense levels. Psychic and Focus Blast get decent coverage, but they don't hit pure Psychics at all. Recover keeps it healthy. The one thing I adore about Reuniclus is Magic Guard. That ability has saved me a few times.

since you have rain Thunder can be put over Focus blast, it does lose some coverage but most of those pokes you can CM+recover thru or you'd be switching out of anyways, plus the para chance is nice to CM/recover up on.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Vaporeon-Hydration
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm Item: Leftovers
Toxic
Acid Armor
Scald
Rest

I still don't see why HydraRest Vaporeon isn't used more often. True, it loses out on a immunity and key moves such as Wish and Heal Bell, but the fantastic bulk of this set is worth it. Acid Armor may seem strange at first, but it's used to maintain fabulous overall bulk, getting 314 Defense and 317 Special Defense. Toxic and Scald cause Poison or Burn, respectively, and deal good damage. Scald also deals massive damage off of a decent Special Attack and a rain-boost. Rest keeps it healthy without the obnoxious sleep side effect.

Wish should be legal due to female DW Eevees found at the Pokemon Cafe map in Japan. It can go over AA, but it may be redundant with rest. set is good.
yaysnivy34 wrote:
Haxorus-Mold Breaker
4 HP/ 252 Att./ 252 Speed
Item: Choice Scarf Nature: Adamant
X-Scissor
Brick Break/Dual Chop
Earthquake
Outrage

Good Lord does this thing rock. It's Speed and Attack sats are monstrous with a Scarf, backed by good coverage moves. Haxorus may seem a little out of place on a stall team, but it's role is a crucial one. It's job is to pick off weakened opponent that the rest of the team has weakened. Outrage is stupidly strong, maiming even Steel types. Earthquake rounds out the coverage, hurting all Steel types, except Skarmory. X-Scissor ruins Celebi, because without it, Celebi sweeps through my entire team. Literally. Even Dragonite can't stop it after a Nasty Plot. I've had some debate over Brick Break over Dual Chop. Brick Break hits floating Pokemon, but Dual Chop gets through Subs and has STAB.

I's stick with BB for Ferro alone, rest of set is good.

yaysnivy34 wrote:
Thanks in advance for the rate! I've had suggestions to use Tentacruel or Forretress, but I simply don't know where to use them. If you can help, that would be great! Thanks again!

since your team is barely affted by Toxic spikes I don't see tenta adding much other than spinning SR from dragonite. Forretress does about the same as ferro, but seedstalling is much preferred for a stall team. Overall the team is very good and set very well to stall.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next