It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 need ev/iv training help 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OK, for one I have maxed out every one of my pokemon and dont hardly ever use a vitamins for it except of course PP Up and PP max. So I was on this trash ask website called Yahoo answers and four people (screen names, as far as I know they were all the same person) contradicted every thing I said. So has the rules Ev training changed: I.E. I now noticed that what they said about ev training now happens after every battle instead of at leveling up, but in Black and white can you still EV train a level 100? It used to be that rare candies/ day care/ and pokewalker only gave you the minimum amount of ev. They were saying using day care and rare candies now gave you max or better stats, seriously? Those were the two things that bothered me the most, was this just some hack running at the mouth or is there some truths to these. If so why am I infecting all my dueling pokemon with pokerus and hand training each one! Help

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I dont understand what you are trying to say..

Pokemon are born with IV's that you can't change.
Pokemon gain EV's after each battle until a max of 510. So if the pokemon is at level 100, it still gains EV points until the points hit max 510.
Day care and Rare Candy give 0 EV's. The pokemon didn't fight anyone while giving them this so they dont get any EV.
This applies to Gen 4 and Gen 5.

And Vitamins are actually helpful and quickly EV trains. But you need to know what to use.

Image Image Image Image Image Image - White
----------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image - OTeam

My Trading Thread (Closed)

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A 'mon gets its EVs when it defeats a Pokémon. Your Wooper will get an HP EV if it fights a Slowpoke, or is holding an EXP Share while your Lotad is fighting it, or if your Wooper is out in battle against the Slowpoke for one turn and you then switch out to your Lotad before it attacks or gets hit.

The EVs total up and change your stats at level-up, or if you put the Pokémon in the PC. The PC trick won't work on a Pokémon who is at level 100, and that's why I prefer to keep my Pokémon at level 99 instead, just in case I want to subtract some EVs with the special berries and replace them with different ones. I don't know the rule here for Black and White, sorry.

Pokérus doubles battle EV gains: that Slowpoke will now give your Wooper two HP EVs instead of one. Or four instead of two if you're using the Macho Brace as well.

The vitamin items add ten EVs to the stat it corresponds to. HP Up is HP, natch, Protein is Attack, Iron is Defense, Calcium is Special Attack, Zinc is Special Defense, and Carbos is Speed. But they don't work on a Pokémon who already has 100 EVs in the stat you're trying to boost, so if you're planning on speeding up a Pokémon's EV training with them, do it before you fight anything.

And that should be everything

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hate to call you out skeleton, but in black and white you gain your evs after each battle instead of leveling up, based on the number of IVs you have accumulated during battle. The rule has changed for pokemon balck and white to make your pokemon more duel competitive (so they claim). If your level 100 has not maxed out upon reaching level 100 (under normal condtitions) then it will continue to ev train until it reaches it pre configured maximum limits. So you should still ev train your pokemon to make them stronger than the average. I found out that rare candies actually (in black and white) only give half of the level min, and as well a day care. So the morons at yahoo answers told the person wrong, but some things they said were right. I went straight to nintendo after not gettinga response back in two days. Thank you both for your help. and I hope this information is helpful to you.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:59 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hate to call you out skeleton, but in black and white you gain your evs after each battle instead of leveling up, based on the number of IVs you have accumulated during battle. The rule has changed for pokemon balck and white to make your pokemon more duel competitive (so they claim). If your level 100 has not maxed out upon reaching level 100 (under normal condtitions) then it will continue to ev train until it reaches it pre configured maximum limits. So you should still ev train your pokemon to make them stronger than the average. I found out that rare candies actually (in black and white) only give half of the level min, and as well a day care. So the morons at yahoo answers told the person wrong, but some things they said were right. I went straight to nintendo after not gettinga response back in two days. Thank you both for your help. and I hope this information is helpful to you.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Firstly, Don't Double Post ^^^

In B/W the EV System did change as so now EV's are calculated after evrey battle not every level. So you can EV Train Level 100's. Also if you put a Pokemon in daycare/rare candy level up, then no EVs are gained. However, if you already have EV trained Pokemon and put them in daycare/rare candy level them up, the Ev's will be taken into account

More Info: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]