It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Who's that Pokemon? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Samurott wrote:
...one of the most powerful/well known pokemon to this day.

The thing is, I think Gengar is neither among the most powerful nor among the most well known...Heck, I see more people talking about Caterpie!
Samurott wrote:
...since its a ghost/poison type, it could give Mewtwo a run for its money.

I beg your pardon? Are you perhaps saying that Gengar could potentially compete with Mewtwo?
Please, anything that can outspeed Gengar and hit it with a Psychic attack (*cough*'Zam 'Zam) can and will demolish the cartoon ghost.

Well, nevermind that random rant. I just love arguing with Samurott, don't I.

Here I have a mysterious guest with me, and I'll (try to) translate his groans and roars for you:
??? wrote:
"I hail from a beautiful island. The powers of ice and fire I fear not.
The arena I will purify, with water in salt, and salt in water. Waves of the ocean I shall ride, however unlikely,
Powers of the earth and air I will hinder you. A slap of my palms could scare you, heal you, or wake you.
Who, I am."

Fine, I'm not the best Pokemon translator in the world. But work with what you have! *evil grin*
No, he's not Yoda

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lucario? Just a hunch but it has merit.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

King_Charizard wrote:
Lucario? Just a hunch but it has merit.

Sorry, no. I wouldn't do something as obvious as using the Pokemon in my username, avatar and siggy ;P
Not sure how it connects with the enigmatic description either, but - here's a hint - the typing is very, very close. You would want to look for a Pokemon who shares one of Lucario's types...
And because I made this question extra tricky, I'll drop another hint: It's not from the same generation as Lucario. Happy guessing (& researching)!

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is it Hariyama?

Brawly uses one, in Dewford which is on a island.
It has Thick Fat which weakens fire and ice attacks.

Bulbapedia wrote:
Hariyama is able to learn the move Brine, despite its Fighting-type: possibly a reference to how sumo wrestlers purify the ring with salt before the match.

As to this:

??? wrote:
A slap of my palms could scare you, heal you, or wake you.

I would be scared to get hit by those palms, Hariyama learns Smelling Salt, which heals the target of paralysis, and he learns Wake-Up Slap.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gengar is a ghost, which means while Mewtwo has it outmatched in speed, but say you can take a lv. 75 Haunter like I did in blue. Then, at lv. 86, you trade it so it evolves into Gengar then you take it back. Now, since Haunter was... Well, Haunter for, like, 60 some odd levels, it grew faster and stronger. I took Mewtwo out with every attack with Shadow Ball and I had to use Dux (Please tell me you know the reference, otherwise I may do a little PORBS) to actually catch it.

Goodbye
"

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

CONGRATULATIONS Dare234, you not only guessed the correct answer but also explained the fiendish poem thus earning you bonus points respect from me!

I'm just going to explain stuff in detail:

I hail from a beautiful island: Not counting the RS trade, you first find Makuhita on the tropical Dewford Island. Later in the game Makuhita and Hariyama can be found in the Victory Road, which is still on an island!
The powers of ice and fire I fear not: Thanks to the Thick Fat ability despite Pokedex saying it's not fat but muscle.
The arena I will purify, with water in salt, and salt in water: Flawless victory, Dare234. *Bulbapedia user bro fist*
Waves of the ocean I shall ride, however unlikely: Yes. 253.8kg of muscle and fat could Surf on water. Weird but those who watch the anime knows its significance~
Powers of the earth and air I will hinder you: Referring to the ever so annoying Sand-Attack and Whirlwind, both of which Hariyama learns naturally.
A slap of my palms could scare you, heal you, or wake you: Fake Out, Smellingsalt (Hari's signature move), Wake-up Slap. 'Nuff said.

As you can see, I avoided direct descriptions of such things as typing and color, but a fun riddle to compose indeed.

Your turn, Dare234. Do not disappoint us! ;)

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I'll try to live up expectations, but no promises.

This Pokemon is nothing without a claw, loses something upon evolution, make use of trees and boulders, and are conisdered very hostile.

Who's that Pokemon?

P.S. I will add more clues if needed.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im going to go with scyther, its pretty hostile looking.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No, but good guess. The Pokemon I'm thinking of isn't really related to Scyther, but I can see where you got that from.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The moment I read the description, my mind screamed "Sneasel!"
- Its main, if not only, weapon is its sharp claws - it's the "Sharp Claw Pokemon", after all. Also evolves with a Razor Claw.
- When it evolves into Weavile it loses a gem on its chest and one tail "feather".
- Sneasel doesn't have anything to do with boulders, but Weavile "...carves patterns in trees with its claws...communicates by clawing signs in boulders."
- Both Sneasel and Weavile are notorious for their hostility and viciousness.

However, I can't understand one passage in Sneasel's Pokedex entry:
"Its paws conceal sharp claws."
Come on, how the heck is those giant claws retractable? And how would those "paws" look without the claws...

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was thinking of Weavile but, in my opinion, you got it.

Without a Razor Claw Weavile is literally nothing, as in nonexistent, it loses a tail feather and a gem when it evolves, it carves signs in boulders and trees for communication, and it is considered hostile.

Well, I hope that lived up to expectations, go ahead SL.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ah, I see. It's the "upon evolution" part that got me thinking about Sneasel instead.

I have a slightly easier question this time:

Every party needs balloons. Kids looooove balloons. Who wouldn't? But watch out for this balloon - a simple touch could leave you rolling on the ground feeling like your fingers are burning from the intense toxin, if its sharp spines haven't pierced through your hand yet. Yup, a balloon with its own needles, who could've guessed that? What's more, it likes to cover the entire floor with that stuff. You can't even take a step safely without risking holes in your feet or more life-draining toxin! Worst case scenario: it goes KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOM right in your face. Gruesome.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seeijng balloon, I thought either Drifloon or Jiggz. But Jiggz is to obvious and I know SL enough that I ruled Jiggz out. When spikes were mentioned, bye Drifloon. When it is noted that they emitted toxin, I thought poison type. So, Qwilfish is a pufferfish, so that can be reated to a balloon w/ toxin-emitting spikes. So, I guess my answer is...
Qwilfish. {qwilfish}

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

We have a winner! The answer is indeed Qwilfish {qwilfish} the Water/Poison type Balloon Pokemon!
BTW I also mentioned (Edit: Poison Point,) Spike, Toxic Spikes, and Explosion in the description.

[ShinyLucario used Baton Pass to Samurott!]

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yay! Samurott takes the Baton Pass, then PKMN Trainer uses Full Restore, just in case!
This Pokemon is one of the most coveted (popular, reknown, etc) pokemon in history. Although it is not a legendary, it can be seen at least once a week.
What pokemon is this?

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is it {pikachu} ? It's in every episode of the anime, so you can see it every week on the TV.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh, soo close! Actually, I shouldve said that there is no reference to the anime. Although I do see how you couldve thought pika. Here's a hint: Think Mt. Moon from 2nd Gen and Monday.

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im going with {zubat} . Because you always see them in mt.moon.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Nope. The answer that Samurott is gunning for is {clefairy} . They show up at the top of Mt. Moon every monday, and are popular.

My turn! This Pokemon evolved with the help of a stone, but not one that you would think. It also happens to be bright pink! (LOL @ rhymes). Who's that Pokemon?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is an easy one. Happiny evolves with a stone - namely the Oval Stone - but it doesn't work like "real" evolutionary stones. Instead of simply using it on the Pokemon, you have to level up while holding it, thus it's in the same family as Razor Claw and Razor Fang. Happiny's entire family is bright pink. 'Nuff said.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well! Someone was VERY confident! O_o
Anyways, Cleffa. Just a random, 90-100% chance of failure, trippy guess.

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:40 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

OK, yeah, you guys need another clue:

The Pokemon I'm thinking of gets smarter over time.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is it {slowpoke} who evolves into {slowking} with a King's Rock?

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:00 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ding-Ding-Ding! We have a winner! The answer was, in fact, Slowking. The tough part was that I said 'stone' instead of 'rock', thus leading people astray.

(so, umm... who makes the next one?)

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dare picks it up now. Make a good one, Dare!

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next