It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Which Poke'mon should be taken out of Pokemon? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GhostPony750 wrote:
In my opinion, all the 4th and 5th generation should be destroyed and put 10 miles underground. I'm fine with 3 generations and the new ones are ugly. And they can also remove every ''cute'' Pokemon (japanese ppl like ugly Things) that are just horrible like shroomish and snubull (yew...)

"Ugly" presumably meaning "didn't exist before some arbitrary date past which pokemon should not have been allowed to progress", I take it?

Evaluate each Pokemon on its own merits, don't say "oh it's in the Xth generation so it's horrible" unless you want to look like an idiot.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
In my opinion, all the 4th and 5th generation should be destroyed and put 10 miles underground. I'm fine with 3 generations and the new ones are ugly. And they can also remove every ''cute'' Pokemon (japanese ppl like ugly Things) that are just horrible like shroomish and snubull (yew...)

"Ugly" presumably meaning "didn't exist before some arbitrary date past which pokemon should not have been allowed to progress", I take it?

Evaluate each Pokemon on its own merits, don't say "oh it's in the Xth generation so it's horrible" unless you want to look like an idiot.

Ah... sorry. I'm french and i tought ugly means look horrible... :oops:
And in my opinion, for the last generation: ''No more idea, so here's that thing!!!''
The 3 first generations have something special that the 4th and 5th is missing... Idk what, but I hate these for this reason.
An i'm not the only one who have this opinion. Most of my friends say they are really horrible.

If you like the new Pokemon, it's ok. But the name of this topic is clearly ''Which Pokemon should be taken out of Pokemon'', and I wrote what it think ;)
I agree that ''They should be destroyed and put 10 miles underground'' was a bit too much... but its what i really think!!!
Sorry if I frustrated anyone, I didnt meant to do this.

For Samurott: I'm only a purist for the 4th and 5th generation of pokemon, nothing else in the World, don't worry ;)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think there are a few that should go - Stunfisk and Pachirisu come to mind. Stunfisk is a pretty useless fish, Magikarp already had that role. Pachirisu is a cute but weak Electric Pokemon - Pikachu was fine, and actually useful. Pachirisu can't even make any use of the Eviolite. I probably wouldn't like to see them go though, they're not doing any harm.

GhostPony750 wrote:
And in my opinion, for the last generation: ''No more idea, so here's that thing!!!''
The 3 first generations have something special that the 4th and 5th is missing... Idk what, but I hate these for this reason.
An i'm not the only one who have this opinion. Most of my friends say they are really horrible.

In all honesty you probably just outgrew it a little bit - what's the difference, really, between Pidgey and Pidove? I always see people complaining about Vanillite and its evolutions too, but it's no more "stupid" to make a Pokemon out of an ice cream than it is to make one out of a rock, like Geodude.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I think he is taking more issue with the fact that you write off two Generations at once and then speak in generics for why you don't like entire Generations of Pokemon, when it would be better judge Pokemon on a case by case basis rather than a group by group one. Sinnoh and Unova introduced 263 individual new Pokemon. You honestly don't like even a single one of them?

To answer the topic's question I'd leave all of them. Sure there are Pokemon that I DETEST and there are Pokemon that are completely redundant but every Pokemon has its fans and since my favorites are all pretty obscure too I wouldn't want to deny fans their favorites.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Ah... sorry. I'm french and i tought ugly means look horrible... :oops:

That makes sense... How, exactly?
Quote:

:objection:
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29512
That is more or less discussed there.
Quote:
For Samurott: I'm only a purist for the 4th and 5th generation of pokemon, nothing else in the World, don't worry ;)

That is what a purist is.
EDIT: And to say that the last two gens are ugly-while trying to avoid beating the dead horse, so to speak-lets look at Togekiss. Now at Piplup. Now at Rotom. Now at Riolu. Gen IV has a lot of "cute" pokemon, kill save Bidoofus' line. Victini, Tepig, Emolga, Oshawott Snivy's line, Reshiram... I think I made my point.

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

When you make a thing that has something for everyone, all anyone seems to do is defame whatever parts of it aren't for them.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GhostPony750, I apologize for being a bit too harsh on you. However, my point still stands: each generation is varied enough that you cannot use blanket statements like "ugly" to describe the ENTIRE generation. If you have a specific reason to happen to hate every single Pokemon in a generation, then fair enough, but the vast majority of people who claim they hate an entire generation seem to do so because, in their mind, Pokemon should have stopped progressing after a particular day and any made after that day are Digimon or otherwise not "real" Pokemon.

With that in mind, I'd like to echo Frost's sentiments on this topic. Even if I really, truly hated any Pokemon, I know that other people have different tastes than me, and some of them probably count as their favorite the Pokemon I hate.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Skeleton wrote:
When you make a thing that has something for everyone, all anyone seems to do is defame whatever parts of it aren't for them.

Exactly. No game game is perfect for everybody. Except maybe the Uber-Customizable ones like Spore or Super Scribblenauts.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
You honestly don't like even a single one of them?

For the 4th Gen, I honestly like none of them.
But for the 5th Gen, I do like the little turtle and the zebra... what's their name already?

You're right Flaming_Wuzzle. Sorry if I Frustrated anyone! :(

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GhostPony750 wrote:
But for the 5th Gen, I do like the little turtle and the zebra... what's their name already?

Tirtouga/Carracosta and Blitzle/Zebstrika, respectively.

My least favorite generation thus far has to be... *drum roll* ...the first. Don't get me wrong, all generations are good and have both amazing and subpar Pokemon, but the first gen was worst for me because there weren't as many unique designs as there are with more recent generations.

Am I the only one that doesn't dislike generation IV?

sad but rad

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dragonair101 wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't dislike generation IV?

Gen IV is one of my favourites with the likes of Lucario, Gallade ect.

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

¡Ay ay!
GhostPony, why must you be so near sighted? It makes no sense to say "I hate Gen IV and V."
Just don't play them.
Anyways, saying what we think should be taken out is kind of a moot point. It's already there, just deal with it!

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Drago_girl wrote:
¡Ay ay!
GhostPony, why must you be so near sighted? It makes no sense to say "I hate Gen IV and V."
Just don't play them.
Anyways, saying what we think should be taken out is kind of a moot point. It's already there, just deal with it!

THIS AS BEEN CLOSED.
I made a mistake, I apologized, its all over.
Stop belittle me, its not the good way to get attention and it only frustrate me.
Also, for other topics, stop putting words in my mouth.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

CrazyRazey wrote:
I find Luvdisc an absolutely pointless Water Type apart from getting heart scales from them.

Oh, what a painful reality.

Kricketune. I understand they're somewhat important to the universe, but god... why do they exist... Stunfisk, too. Why.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

corsola, luvdisc, delibird, karrablast, shelmet, the entire snivy evo line.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I didn't like some of Gen V and hated Gen IV. But there were some good Unova pokemon. I think the pokemon that should be removed are the ones like corsola, who are utterlyterrible and don't evolve to even try and make the thing better.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
What pokemon I think should be taken out of pokemon...

Answer = SPINDA

Why, because we already have Teddiursa & now Cubchoo, we don't need whatever cuteness you were suppose to be bringing to the table & other then that, what do you have, a questionable choice for DW ability, horrible stats, founder of Teeter Dance which is simply a not exactly a great move & lastly for it's appearance appeal being better taken care of by Cubchoo & more so Teddiursa(who also shares a similar green for their Shiny color) it simply has no other redeeming qualities, NONE I mean even Delibird is a pokemon associated with a holiday but you Spinda, you...why TF, why TF do you exist wasting all that code for your outlandish amount of different spot pattern possibilities which none of are of any interest to I would assume anyone? WHY?! :frustrated:

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
...but you Spinda, you...why TF, why TF do you exist wasting all that code for your outlandish amount of different spot pattern possibilities which none of are of any interest to I would assume anyone?

He can have different patterns? :shock: What an useless feature!
I think {gulpin} {swalot} {snubbull} {granbull} and {shroomish} should be taken out (Shroomish is supposed to be a cute pokemon...)
Also him: {slaking}

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You know it's not a unique sprite for each spot pattern, right? There's over four billion Spinda possibilities, not including the over four billion more for shiny Spinda. That many sprites wouldn't fit in a game. The code that assigns the spot pattern would take up no less space if there were only ten, I'm sure.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In general, I like all the generations.
But, Sinnoh's starters... ARGGGH! Especially Piplup. It is just SO PLAIN. It is just a very dull pokemon, with no memorable features, and I hate that it's a starter.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

SiphonoporeTown wrote:
In general, I like all the generations.
But, Sinnoh's starters... ARGGGH! Especially Piplup. It is just SO PLAIN. It is just a very dull pokemon, with no memorable features, and I hate that it's a starter.

BUT DUDE! HE AIN'T JUST A PIPLUP! HE'S A PIMPLUP!

Lol, we needed a penguin poke someday. Besides, he becomes Wtaer-Steel. You have to admit Empoleon is awesome.

Turtwig, yeah, but Grass-starters are deteriorating... and Chimchar... ugh. But whatevs, he plays well.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Skeleton wrote:
You know it's not a unique sprite for each spot pattern, right? There's over four billion Spinda possibilities, not including the over four billion more for shiny Spinda. That many sprites wouldn't fit in a game. The code that assigns the spot pattern would take up no less space if there were only ten, I'm sure.

I know it's not a unique sprite for each pattern...though it is easily a utter waste of coding in it's entirety imo...

Another pokemon I would like to see go if I were to get picky about it would be Genesect & I will admit easily that I am being bias here but it's because I see as another Mewtwo origin wise & a rather hideous design as a event only pokemon? Oh well, at least it isn't anywhere near as bad otherwise as Spinda I suppose but I wouldn't miss it for a second if they would simply omit Genesect altogether from the list of pokemon as I see it as a useless existence to say the least...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Another pokemon I would like to see go if I were to get picky about it would be Genesect...

But Genesect has a freaking Mega Buster on his back... his play style's pretty unique too. Meh, maybe I'm biased. I do love my bug-types.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, new Pokemon weren't all that great e.g. Emboar is probably the worst Fire starter, at least in design. I think Accelgo, Emboar, Crustle and Stunfisk should go out.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next