It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 2012 Autumn Friendly Team 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm gonna enter the Autumn Friendly competition on Pokemon.com, and i need team moves. So if i could get some help i'd be greatful :3
*****IF YOU ARE ENTERING AS WELL DON'T GIVE ME BAD MOVES. I DON'T WANT TO END UP IN DEAD LAST LIKE LAST YEAR XD*******

Party-
Sceptile
Blaziken
Feraligatr
Virizion
Haunter
Latios
I'd also like to keep the Pledges on Feraligatr, Sceptile, and laziken, soo.. i just wanna see what happens when all three are used! XD
Keep in mind that te battle is NOT a single batter, but a double battle(Well, there goes my strategy..).
Thank you in advance!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

... ... ...
The Pledges are not worth it. They only have 50 BP, they're special (not physical), and to get their effects, one of them has to waste a turn. They aren't even that good of effects either. Don't bother.

Haunter? Why not Gengar?

Virizion's a good 'mon, as is Latios. Virizion is generally best if you go mixed, such as with something like Work Up / Giga Drain / Close Combat / filler. Latios can do all sorts of fun things, but hyper-offense is generally your best bet. His usual moveset is Dragon Pulse OR Draco Meteor / Ice Beam / Psychic OR filler / Hidden Power FIRE OR filler. HP Fire is to bite into things like Scizor and other Steel-types, who are fairly common.

Latios can be paired well with most things, but since it's got Levitate (as does Gengar, actually), his best partner will generally be someone who knows Earthquake.

As for those three starters? Just scrap them completely and try and go with something else, preferably things that can cover the weaknesses of Virizion and Latios well. Heatran (on a Balloon!) comes to mind, but there are many other things besides. Although, with Blaziken, you could probably keep it and go for something like Protect / Hi Jump Kick / Flare Blitz / Shadow Claw OR Earthquake OR some filler move.

...and please tell me you know how to EV train.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Not really. But i know the basics of EV training. I thought of that, too.. :P Meh. Gonna dig up some of my other pokemon from in my abyss of a PC box, keeping Haunter(Gengars have ALWAYS let me down. not haunters XD), Latios, Virizion, and Blaziken. Better throw in a Rock type somewhere.. or make Virizion keep Stone Edge. Hmm.. maybe i should throw in my Flygon or Salamence...

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Your team probably needs to have some sort of theme to go with it, or at the very least, be able to have team members that pair well with each other on the field, or you can switch into to cover up weak points.
There are generally three main categories for teams: Hyper-Offense, Weather, and Trick Room. Teams generally fall into 1 of those 3 categories, although they might branch off into other categories.

Also, Gengar is definitely worth using. I played in a Regionals tournament using a Gengar team and I went 5-3 - the only things I lost to were 2 Garchomp-Zapdos teams and 1 Virizion-Zapdos. (Seriously, Zapdos is ridiculously good in VGC.) I'm not saying that Gengar is your best option, but it's definitely worth using.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hmm. Zapdos is epic, i don't know why i haven't transferred mine in from Platinum. *charges DS to get ready to do so*

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]