It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 2013 International Challenge 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Another Global Link Tournament is coming up. Are you gonna enter? What teams do you plan to use? What are your expectations?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would, but then I took an arrow to the knee found out midterms are coming up next week. My life is officially bound to school. Damn.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Do you have to have a certain game for it. If it needs BW2 then no I will not. But BW, PDPt are okay for me. Now I just need to make sure I haven't restarted any of my games... DAMN. Well I've got a lot of work to do for me to transfer them all over to BW. I probably won't be entering anyway. I don't do competitive battling, or trading. Not really my thing. I might though. Just hope I don't go straight up against some guy who devotes his life to DV, EV and IV training.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I probably will be competing but I'm have no idea as to what my team will be yet.

And James: you do need BW2 for these challenges as they contribute points for the VGC series.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Unfortunately, it's BW2 only. And it's full of guys who dedicate themselves to competitive battling.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I might try and enter only if my hacked mons are available for use. If not I just might have to miss out.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
There goes my chances. I might join if there's one next year for X and Y. I'll probably go out first round. I don't care about IVs and EV at all really. I'm ignorant and don't understand them. Natures aren't important.
Moves and stats are as far as I go. But I'll need to trade for it... And I don't trade! Oh well. Make sure to post your s
Results so I can see how you did. (What do you get if you win?)

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

James86134 wrote:
I'll probably go out first round.

The wifi tournaments are ladder based so you won't be knocked out. Basically you have a certain amount of time to win as many battles as possible. And, at least as far as I know, the wifi tournaments tend to be a little bit less competitive than actual events that you have to go to.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rankings were released in the last couple of days, not 100% certain when.

I finished 18620 out of 21017 with 1401 points. First place had 2007 points. Full results, including the top ten used pokemon along with their moves and abilities as a percentage in the division, are here. My record ended up being 13/23/0/5 (wins/losses/ties/opponent disconnects) for a total of 41 matches played. I'm not sure that I recorded all of my matchesso that may not be 100% accurate.

My team ended up being a pseudo-rain team with Porygon Z, Lucario, Sceptile, Kabutops, Medicham, and Entei. Porygon Z was easily my MVP and Kabutops was an absolute beast in the rain. Sceptile, Entei and Lucario also get honourable mentions. Unfortunately, I messed up Medicham's moveset and didn't notice until after I had locked my team in, so I used it maybe twice and both times it just didn't work out.

Overall, I think I did pretty good, especially since this was my first competition.

If people would like I can post movesets and other such details.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Using my Rain team, I made a total of 1501 points (11 wins-10 losses). I haven't checked my position yet, hope I didn't get disqualified due to problems on my net.
This didn't go as well as my previous tournament, where I scored 1604 and finished 309th with 17/8, again with a Rain team. But it was a nice effort, and it gave me experience for the 2013 Winter's Challenge, which starts soon.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]