It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Suggestion Box Part Ducks 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hey all! Given that the old suggestion topic hasnt been bumped in almost a year, and it was mostly related to Gen IV anyway, so I felt it was time to make a new one!

Premise is the same as last time. What would you like to see happen with Battle Tower in the future? Your input is very important, so feel free to mention even the smallest of complaints.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You need to post more. :p

No really, the biggest issue here is the lack of people. Not even enough here to have a tourney, and basically everyone seems to be gone in the rating center. So perhaps something to funnel competitive players here?

Maybe set rules for Gym threads/leagues?

And this may be a bit ambitious, but maybe trying/asking to get a "Psypoke rules" battle server on PO? Or even getting Psypoke linked to the POwiki along with Veekun,Smogon,Bublapedia etc.. would help get some traffic here, Psypoke does have a good movedex and stat calcs.

Also jking as per usual, insert Team Rate Sub-forum request here.. ;p

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I know I'm not a competitive battler, but I agree with Mason when he said that there's not a lot of competitive battlers at the moment. Part of it could be that school's in right now, and homework or jobs are keeping people busy. But mostly, people just don't know how to battle, probably. So maybe we could have an amateur league, or some sort of system that would teach people HOW to battle (in a competitive environment).

And regardless of how many people play competitively, I think a Psypoke-wide tourney would attract a lot more members. The only issue is that the competitive players would come out on top, but I know that I would still enter if such an opportunity came up, anticipating having my ass handed to me.

Other than that, I don't really see much else needing to be done. But then again, I'm not a competitive player, so...

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

@Rex09
What if, in the event of a tourney that big,we divided it into subsections based on skill/team setup/age? that way there could still be a large tournament but nobody would get auto-screwed.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The only reason I don't advocate that is, how would we determine everyone's skill/ranking? If we just ask, I can see someone skilled either deliberately lying or underestimating themselves and winding up with all the noobs. On the other hand, someone unskilled may think they're super-duper-awesome, and wind up way outclassed (which is what we're trying to avoid). And battling everyone to rank them is out of the question, since there's no time to do that. Just saying. Ideally, your idea would work; but systems always have flaws.

*goes back to lurking*

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

just some thoughts.

maybe we need some kind of school or school gym just to get some more good battlers out there or something like a noob group that someone can join to get info and help. I know they can get all of the info they need on the main site but it is a little hard if you are a noob.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I haven't been back for very long, and so I'm not aware of all the changes that happen, but...to begin with, does Psypoke as a whole have a large competitive battle community?

I'm sure there are a few key players that are phenomenal about it, and if we don't have one, that could be a start for other people to get interested. I do competitive battle somewhat*, so I might be able to help with some effort, but I'm not sure what the real issue that needs to be addressed is.

(*By somewhat, I mean that I play primarily with my favorites, I keep up with current OU trends, I play with EV trained Pokemon, but I only use Wi-Fi so far, not PO.)

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
does Psypoke as a whole have a large competitive battle community?

I'd guesstimate 4-6 people here that have posted in the last few months.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm pretty new to competitive battling, and I'm actually just starting to EV train my first few Pokemon :? , but I'd be more than happy to help out the Battle Tower in some way. A big tournament sounds like a good idea. I know Psypokes had one way back. If we could get something started like ZeldaInformer's league, that would be pretty cool. We could use some of the pre-existing gyms (Mason"s, Bat Master's, Pory's) and add a few more. It would probably be a lot of work, but I think that we could get it done. I want to help out Psypokes as much as possible, so I'll try to do anything I can to improve it here. We could use some more competitive battlers, and more members in general. There are only about thirty people who actually consistently post here :( . I'm not saying we should overrun the site with n00bs, but maybe a few more genuine members.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a suggestion for the forums:

Make a new forum called Pokemon Colluseum (spelling fail) or something, and make it about warstories.
If you don't know what a warstory is, it's a documentation on a Pokemon battle with commentary from one or both of the battlers after each turn. I see alot of these on Smogon about battles people have had on Pokemon Online. But the battle actually has to have good predictions and a good fight, not just a 6-0 sweep or an endless stall war.

Just something to consider.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

just giving a heads up.

I plan to start a club thing basted on weather. kinda a thread in the battle tower that once a week there will be a meeting that members of this club can post and all of the other days noobs and weather cerious people can post questons. just because I like weather and I think weather is going to break a lot of matchs.

so if you want to be in this club just PM me. EDIT: OK I lied I am starting now.

the club name is DOPPLER

Edit: this club is for people that have some knowledge of weather or want to get some more.
I know there are some people that do weather on this forum please join.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
You need to post more. :p

No really, the biggest issue here is the lack of people. Not even enough here to have a tourney, and basically everyone seems to be gone in the rating center. So perhaps something to funnel competitive players here?

Maybe set rules for Gym threads/leagues?

And this may be a bit ambitious, but maybe trying/asking to get a "Psypoke rules" battle server on PO? Or even getting Psypoke linked to the POwiki along with Veekun,Smogon,Bublapedia etc.. would help get some traffic here, Psypoke does have a good movedex and stat calcs.

Also jking as per usual, insert Team Rate Sub-forum request here.. ;p

*COUGH COUGH* ahem.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
*COUGH COUGH* ahem.

Would you like a Ricola?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Now that we've got our own PO channel, maybe it's time to update the banlist and do some tourneys. We don't have competitive battlers here, but thanks to PO we can help members become one. shinashu has already proposed a mono-type; we should try and get it running, see where it can get us.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
We could also do something like Gen tourneys. Or colours.

PO helps us quite a lot. We can go straight to battling instead of having to wait for someone to get a good team.

As soon as I can download it onto my laptop. I will have it and be ready.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]