It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Discussion: Sets that cause ragequits. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I'm going to attempt to make a weekly discussion topic every week to bring some life back to the battle tower.

So what makes you ragequit a battle? Hax? Outpredicted? Stall?

Likewise are there sets you use to cause the opponent to ragequit? Or just make them rage in the chat?

So post and discuss your ragequit strategies, stories and movesets.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, I never ragequit a battle, neither do I attempt to cause that. But I've seen people ragequit when things go bad for them. E.g. a guy was using a Ninjask Baton Pass strategy and he Baton Passed in Lucario. So I had setup Dual Screens and beat his Lucario with Scizor. As soon as his chain broke, he quitted.
Generally, it's not the sets that cause ragequit. It's just that some people can't accept defeat.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't like to ragequit but I have caused it before. I just get lucky and hax them out, and they don't like that. They also tend to ragequit when one of my sweepers starts going through their entire team.

I really hate stall though. It is probably one of the things that comes closest to making me ragequit, along with Umbreon's; they give me problems.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

From what I saw recently, people really hate it when a Scizor or Salamence destroys their entire team. A guy I just battled ragequited because my Scizor used Swords Dance and Bullet Punched its way through everything. He actually claimed I was lucky because Scizor critted on his Latios. Like a Latios can survive a +2 Technician LO STAB Bullet Punch. Give me a break.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
From what I saw recently, people really hate it when a Scizor or Salamence destroys their entire team. A guy I just battled ragequited because my Scizor used Swords Dance and Bullet Punched its way through everything. He actually claimed I was lucky because Scizor critted on his Latios. Like a Latios can survive a +2 Technician LO STAB Bullet Punch. Give me a break.

It bugs me when people forfeit late game as you are sweeping through their team, you'd think after a 50 turn battle you can be kind enough to stick around another two turns and just say Good game.

I had a guy recently rage in chat on my Sub/LSeed/T-wave/Iron head Ferrothorn basically paraflinching and substalling his entire offensive team out. When they spam "f*** you noob" "haxhaxhah" I almost have to say I love the hate :)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, immaturity on a game is just plain laughable. But it annoys me to no end when the other guy forfeits. I want to see their losing messages (the last one I fought had "you're trash", imagine his winning message).

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Does it make a difference if you forfeit or lose?

I dislike Salamence since it wrecks my entire team. Sometimes I forfeit right off the bat if I see one in the opponent's team. I've never had someone rage at me (except maybe once in Spanish but I had no idea what they were saying) despite being rather annoying at times.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I always battle till the end, and sometimes, it can be kinda surprising ;)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Splash, Harden, Protect, False Swipe. Now I know you're just f***ing with me.

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Only that you can't face such a set.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I know. But I felt like I should be that one guy in this thread.

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Been loving this set lately, it can really make the opponent rage when played well.

Gothitelle
Timid @ Choice Scarf
Shadow tag
4hp 252atk 252spd
-Trick
-Magic Coat
-Psyshock
-Thunderbolt

Bring this in against any defensive lead Forretress,Skarmory,Ferrothorn,Hippowdon etc. Simply Trickscarf them and follow-up with magic coat to force them to set hazards on themselves. Then you can whittle their HP down with Psyshock/T-bolt until their own hazards will KO if they switch back in, then switch out to a powerful boosting sweeper suck as DDhaxorus/gyara, Volcorona, or Cloyster for a free set-up (or two as it seems people prefer to leave the crippled poke in and assume it's going to be ko'd.)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Deoxys-D w/ Pressure @Light Clay
Bold/Careful Nature
252 Def, 252 SpDef
Light Screen
Reflect
Taunt
Night Shade

Although it's a bit unorthodox, this set really catches enemies off-guard and annoys them to no end. 90% of people expect Stealth Rock or Spikes, so they just switch in Espeon, only to find a screen in their faces. Then they proceed to CM with Espeon, only to find out that Double D packs a Night Shade to eat up their low HP. I've actually gotten KOs with a Dual Screener. Plus, this often breaks Baton Pass chains. And from what I see, the majority of ragequitters are guys with Baton Pass teams that lose their boosts.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My personal pet peeve is Volcarona- my team has no great counters to it, and after a couple of Quiver Dances, it's pretty much hopeless for me.

On the other side though, I love to see people's rage quitting reactions whenever I get the opportunity to stall then sweep their team with my Sigilyph. Build up the Cosmic Powers, pass on crippling burns with Flame Orb/Psycho Shift, and then demolish any non dark type with Stored Power, replenishing health with Roost all the while. The only downfall- unlucky crits from a Night Slash or Stone Edge.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:48 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

No one ever wants to face my Cloyster lead. There is even one guy I know who outright refuses to face me if I use it (he's never been on the receiving end of mine, but has with others).

And do I blame them? No; my Cloyster sweeps entire teams of Ubers. I need just 1 turn to set up and I'm golden...unless priority.

Moral of the story: run priority.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]