It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Sylveon 
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Ok, for people that are saying a new type, like Fairy or Light... Think of it this way.

What types would resist it? What moves would be a light type move?

"Would you like to use Surf on Light Type Sylveon?" Select Yes.

"Its not very effective."

How does that even work. The only thing that would even link to light would be Dark.

Now Fairy. I don't think that can count as an element. Omg, the fire kingdom is attacking!

Get the flutter troops ready.

"The fairy kingdom is going down."

Again how dumb.

Moves:
Light: Flash, Blinding Light, Flash Punch, Shutter Kick?
Fairy: Flutter, Magic Wand Whip, Wavy Wand?

Just think logic. If game freak is gonna make a new type (which they aren't), they're gonna think it though (hopefully).

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

James86134 wrote:
What types would resist it? What moves would be a light type move?

Well considering that GF is essentially restarting the series in a way it is possible for a new type in the "second generation." When Dark types were announced no one would of guessed that Fighting types were strong against it or even that they were immune to Psychic types.

If a Light type is created it'll most likely be on equal terms as Dark, such as being immune to Ghost attacks or something along those lines. Though it does mirror Normal types. I can see Sylveon as a Light type, but Flying type is my better guess.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I can't wait until its type and evolution method are revealed! Maybe a new stone will be released too... :idea:

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I can't wait for this generation to be under way so we can stop guessing about new types. Why can't people be happy with the 17 we have? Light? Fairy? This is Pokemon, not Yugioh.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

More than anything I just want them to reveal Sylveon's type because I'm tired of people grasping at ten different straws to jump to their own conclusion about what type she is. The crack theories from the fandom are getting more and more ridiculous as the days pass.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost, you'll never believe this! I've just come up with a theory for Sylveon!

Sylveon has four legs, four ribbons, two eyes, and two bows. 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12. Eevee's number in the National Pokedex is 133. If we split the number 12 that we got into 1 and 2, and remove the first and second digits in Eevee's number, we are left with 3, which can only mean....

Highlight to view spoiler.
HALF LIFE 3 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
way to steal off cheezburger. bravo

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why thank you. It is off of Cheezburger.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't see how people think Sylveon is Dragon. The "red alert" sign that it isn't a Dragon is it's appearance: would Gamefreak seriously make a "girly", "non-badass", and clearly not made to please boys Dragon?

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Impersonation wrote:
I don't see how people think Sylveon is Dragon. The "red alert" sign that it isn't a Dragon is it's appearance: would Gamefreak seriously make a "girly", "non-badass", and clearly not made to please boys Dragon?

You never know. Look at Dragonite and Altaria. Then look at all the others.

(but seriously, the chances of it being a dragon type is kinda slim, it really doesn't look reptillian. Still sticking with normal or flying)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Quote:
Can you explain me how ribbons and scarfs can be organic!? We see this kind of things alot since Gen 4...

Can you explain to me how horses can be on fire naturally? We've see these kind of fantasical things a lot since the beginning of Pokemon...
Even specific to the example you used, Pokemon with ribbons and stuff as part of their body were present before Gen 4 too; look at Jirachi. Look at Suicune.

Oops, I didn't see this post...
Actually... fire horses are part of mythology and old stories as "ghost horses" and stuff like that.

I've always been fascinated by these horses:
-Pegasus
-Unicorns
-Fire horses
-Ghost horses (headless knight on a ghost horse...)
-Centaur (Thanks HW)

And I never heard about a pink squirrel (???) with organic ribbons anywhere.

And for Suicune and Jirachi, I truly don't know.

Last edited by GhostPony750 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Suicune is most likely for aesthetics, while Jirachi is likely based off of Japanese mythology. And a half-man, half-horse is called a centaur.

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't remember about Suicune, but Jirachi is based on some festival tradition. Ribbons generally don't mean anything, you can interpret it howver you want.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

About the Fairy-type: there's the Fairy Egg Group. So, if they create the Fairy type, they'll have change the type to Fairy of the Pokémons in this group, cuz will not make sense Pokémons in the Fairy Egg Group not being Fairy-type.

I saw the chart with the eeveelutions and makes sense the opposite thing. But if we think about the same generation, we'll notice that one of the eeveelution are strong against the other
Jolteon → Vaporeon → Flareon
Umbreon → Espeon
Glaceon → Leafeon

"

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Not to enable people grasping at straws to convince themselves of a new type coming, but there are Pokemon in the Dragon egg group that aren't that type (Charmander, Treecko, Ekans, Seviper, etc), and also ones in the Bug egg group that aren't that type either (Flygon, Gliscor, Drapion).

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm just so tired of people speculating about supposed new types. The chance of a new type is one in a million, and it's pretty much just not going to happen. There's no need for a "Light" or "Fairy" type. The ones we've got already are good the way they are, with only a couple minor issues (Poison could use some reworking). Adding another would just screw everything up. So sit down and wait for the official announcement for Sylveon's type, kiddies.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:12 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
there are Pokemon in the Dragon egg group that aren't that type (Charmander, Treecko, Ekans, Seviper, etc), and also ones in the Bug egg group that aren't that type either (Flygon, Gliscor, Drapion).

Oh, I forgot these groups, sorry. Anyway, I can't imagine Fairy being a type...

"

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yeah it is hard to imagin this: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&tb ... x=28&ty=60 as a type

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'll clear it up for everyone. All of the Eeveelutions names have something to do with their element.
Jolt-eon = Electricity
Flare-eon = Fire
Vapor-eon = Water
Umbr-eon = Shadow/Dark (Umbra is latin for shadow)
Esp-eon = Psychic(ESP, which is Extrasensory Perception)
Leaf-eon = Grass
Glace-eon = Glacier/Ice
Sylv-eon = Air/Flying(A Sylph is an mythological creature having to do with air. Think of Sylphymon.)

So I think Sylveon is most likely going to be a flying type, probably with out the ability to learn fly.

Bug, Dragon, Fighting, Poison, Ghost(I can actually see this one happening.) It's driving me nuts seeing all these different speculations that make no sense. :frustrated:

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rexxii wrote:
I'll clear it up for everyone. All of the Eeveelutions names have something to do with their element.

If anyone is on this site and they don't know that then they shouldn't be here.

Rexxii wrote:
Sylv-eon = Air/Flying(A Sylph is an mythological creature having to do with air. Think of Sylphymon.)

The sylph theory has been pointed out a few times already. My only problem with it is that the ph would change to a v, and no other eeveelution has the letters change like that. It's still the most likely option though (although sylvian is a close second, imo)

Sorry for the harsh welcome, but welcome to Psypoke!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

DragoBoy wrote:
If anyone is on this site and they don't know that then they shouldn't be here.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Lol, I only say this, just as a reminder, because people are pulling random types out of the air(pun not intended). Saying dragon, bug, "fairy"[what?]...

DragoBoy wrote:
The sylph theory has been pointed out a few times already. My only problem with it is that the ph would change to a v, and no other eeveelution has the letters change like that. It's still the most likely option though (although sylvian is a close second, imo)

Personally I think they changed it just to throw people off. Maybe just because it sounded nice. Maybe even because it was closely resembled "Sylphymon."

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

to sum up what this thread has said is:
1)there will be no new types and if you think there will be you are a noob
2)sylveon is most likely to be flying

http://pokemon.hunngry.com/forum.php - new forum please check it out as we need more members :)

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

alkranite wrote:
1)there will be no new types and if you think there will be you are a noob

Oww.... no one is a noob because they have an opinion on something...

Oh well... I don't think there will be any new types, since we are at gen 6 now, all the older pokemon won't have this type and it would be complicate to equalize everything... what if this type become overpowered?

But one thing is sure: I don't like sylveon.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

they are noobs because only a noob would think a new type is going to implemented

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or just rude. New types are improbable, but believing in them doesn't make you a noob.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next