It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 SS's sig thread 
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

As usual, it has been awhile without an update. :P Today I bring you another sneak peek for the site! I've been working on redoing the banner for the Amnesia Attack! page. (You do know what Amnesia Attack! is, right? Go play it!) This still isn't live yet, so you'll get to see it before anybody else. :D This is still subject to change as I have been through a few iterations already, but this should be close to the final version.

The old:

The new:

Without question marks:

I actually learned some new stuff while doing this one when I was (re)doing the background, mostly increasing mastery over layer modes and the cool stuff you can do with them. I included the question marks to keep it in spirit of the original, but I did receive a suggestion to possibly take them off, so there is a version without them. The main difference is Mewtwo's new form is featured now as well instead of just Slowbro. I felt it could add more of a "cool-factor," and make it more relevant to current Pokemon events. I originally had used a different font, but changed it Psypoke's "official font" to be used on sitely images, because we like to keep things consistent. :P

As always, C+C, or just general comments, are appreciated.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Looks better than the old! The question marks help out and make a rather boring or 'meh' banner an interesting choice!
Good job, Serp!

Goodbye
"

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:06 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Haunted Water wrote:
Looks better than the old! The question marks help out and make a rather boring or 'meh' banner an interesting choice!
Good job, Serp!

Thanks!

Another quick update. No official site business this time, just a personal signature I made. If you recall my type themed signatures, Butterfree was featured for the bug type. However, I felt like making a sig featuring just 1 pokemon, and by chance I ended up deciding on Butterfree, so I guess it gets features in 2 sigs now. Here's the image:

I used card art in this one rather than the official Sugimori art like I tend to favor. I really like the picture of Butterfree in the card (the FRLG set). I relied again a lot upon changing layer modes in this one, and also practiced using layer masks. The background design I made with my new Leap Motion controller, by randomly jabbing my fingers towards my computer screen. :P

I hope to have more updates soon, rather than the normal gaps on the order of months. :D

Last edited by Serpentsounds on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wow, I like this butterfree sig :shock:
The color fit really well

And the X-Files in your current sig :P

Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:19 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

GhostPony750 wrote:
Wow, I like this butterfree sig :shock:
The color fit really well

And the X-Files in your current sig :P

Thanks! And my current sig changes randomly every time it is loaded, from the list here. :p

Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I said it wouldn't be long until the next update, and I didn't lie. :P It's about time I made a sig for my favorite pokemon. I once again found a pose that I love in some TCG art.

The biggest :D you will ever see, brought to you by Chimecho. It ended up being very color-coordinated. I used a lot of the same stuff from the Butterfree sig in this one. The チリーン text still looks a little out of place to me, even after messing with it a lot, so that may be subject to future revision.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Astonishing! :shock:
The only problem, as you mentionned, is the "チリーン", which look terribly out of place.
It's too flashy, try removing the dark brown shadow.
So I think the problem is actually that your background look smooth, and the "チリーン" look too rough.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:32 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Think I might have solved it, in any case this one blends in a little better:

Time to go start a new one :D

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

...Could I have a signature?

I'd like to have Ninetales, Dragonite, and Squirtle in it... Beyond that, I think I'll leave it to your best judgement.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:22 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

In celebration of Gen VI I whipped up a quick image featuring our old pal Charizard in his brand new forms!

I think this might be an example of skill deteriorating as you don't use it (though to be fair, I didn't put a lot of time into this one). :P Nonetheless, I decided to finish it. Nothing special about the creation of it.

There are some new pokemon that I absolutely love (Mega Mawile, Sylveon, Greninja, and some more), so I might be inspired to make something with them.

Edit: made a few changes to it

Last edited by Serpentsounds on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You didn't put a lot of effort in it, but I think it's by far your best.
It looks wonderful lol.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:49 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

GhostPony750 wrote:
You didn't put a lot of effort in it, but I think it's by far your best.
It looks wonderful lol.

Wow, thanks :D. I don't know if I have the same opinion, but either way I'm very glad if it's received well. :P

Check out the new version, I ended up changing it shortly after you posted. I think it looks better with the background designs not being the same on either side.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

As usual, I've waited for months in the shadows to strike with an update. I'll get straight to it:

The base image is from the Clannad 10th anniversary art exhibit event website, a piece of art I loved the look of so much, that I had to make something with it.

As such, little time went into this piece, but I feel like that helped a certain element shine in it: simplicity. Simplicity in the sense that I left it as just a background, where in previous pieces I've generally forced some sort of foreground in. Also in the corner of simplicity is the lack of color variation; everything is a similar shade of yellow, orange, brown, or red. I see that both of these aspects can be beneficial if used properly, so the important thing is, I learned something from doing this piece. ;o

The border is based on a border I found online, which I rearranged and edited to fit my preference.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've been watching your thread for a long time and I have to say that I love your work! Particularly your backgrounds.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:04 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Dare234 wrote:
I've been watching your thread for a long time and I have to say that I love your work! Particularly your backgrounds.

Thanks a lot!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3