It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 How is everyone this Winter? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

We just went to Mexico over a week ago. I was there with my mom, aunt, and cousin. We did a lot for New Year's Eve. My dog was also dying. He finally died. I miss him. My 3DS broke before I even got on the plane, so I plan on getting that fixed. The circle pad broke, so now when I play, my trainer's always skating everywhere and walking all over the place. It is a mess.

I already had bought the games in October. I also came from another Pokemon forum, and I'm just chilling now. So let's chat about our days.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It's been really cold, and I've been sitting by myself in my apartment by myself for the last five weeks.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Some weird temparatures, but overall an awesome winter. (since I love winter)

Got a new guitar for christmas. The only thing that bothers me is that my mom didn't want to go to a christmas party, I was quite lonely that night.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I got a guitar already. I'm trying to learn how to play it though. I was trying to play my favorite Pokemon music on it, but need to be taught how to make the strings work.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MichaelXD wrote:
I got a guitar already. I'm trying to learn how to play it though. I was trying to play my favorite Pokemon music on it, but need to be taught how to make the strings work.

Yea, it's quite hard to learn to use it. :)

Also, be aware of your preferences:
-technique (pick or fingers)
-playing style (by reading or by ear)
-and your favorite music style

I guess this could help you lol. (The first song I learned on my guitar was Rocket Hideout from the classic pokemon games)

So well, back to the winter; there's ice everywhere, it's awful. It was pretty dangerous traveling everywhere on the holidays.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh, this is so much fun. But I have school next week too and I plan on getting my 3DS fixed because of the crack on the cursor pad, plus an IV calculator for my ipod if I haven't said that already.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hope you get your 3DS fixed soon. That cursor sounds annoying. I've had a nice winter insofar, being very creative yet lax on posting my creativeness. Finals are over, which improves everything. Oh, and then there's obsessing over whether people actually look at my stuff... eh. Just the usual.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Got myself a job, finally xP And nothing much else happened, tbh. Moving to South Korea really has its downs, especially not having friends over for Christmas and New Year's... But at least we had family over at our house c:

Been trying to get back into Pokemon after being pretty disappointed about Gen. VI after I first heard about them (mostly because they finally decided to add a new type, only to say it's 'fairy' and that Dragon -my second-favorite type- type moves are ineffective against them). Gotta say though, Trevenant is an awesome concept c: (though I'd probably prefer other Ghost types over it at the end x; ) So far, so good.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:14 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thank you Cute Kirlia. My mom actually planned to send it in next week, but I was also planning on working on fixing my cheat devices too because they stopped working first.

I was overwhelmed by the Fairy type. In fact, some of the Pokemon just baffled me. They changed Snubbull, Granbull, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, and the like to pure Fairy type. I was watching someone in a Wifi battle on youtube using Shadow Ball on a Clefable which wouldn't have worked in the past.

I like the new dinosaur Pokemon in Gen VI, such as Tyrantrum. I was looking for Larvitar because I was playing Pokemon X with the name Harry because of that old cartoon people still love on Cartoon Network, depending on the cable they have, and I can't get Larvitar in Pokemon X. I tried to get Larvitar, but they wouldn't trade it to me. I could only get Aron and then later evolve it into Mega Aggron once I obtain the Aggronite.

When I get to that part when Floette falls from the sky or look at a Floette up close, I'd say that it actually looks like Jiminy Cricket's closest cousin. It is a Fairy type, has an umbrella just like Jiminy Cricket, but while Jiminy Cricket was male, Floette is only female. It's very funny. Then there's Florges which should also be a Grass type because it's a flower, but it's only pure Fairy, and actually looks like a real monster instead.

I caught all my other Pokemon around it and when I last left off, I was trying to breed a few Pokemon and birth them as soon and quickly as possible.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cold.
Really.
Really.
REALLY.
MOTHER.
F**KING.
COLD.
At one point, it was colder than Moscow.
My car has been in a ditch/snowed in four times in the course of the last month alone.
Hell froze over. Literally.
Even my dog doesn't want to go outside.
It's either 20 below freezing or nice with winds.
I drift without oil or the E-brake.

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

This pic is from yesterday morning, before the additional 6" of snow I shoveled today. Worst winter since '96, which I'd imagine is before most people here were born.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hmm... this looks like Canada's weather, also with all the trees... do you live here? And yep, there's a lot of snow here too, but not the worst, the worst was in 1997 in Quebec.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I actually got to see TheCyberMew posting *faints*.
Winter is quite warm this year here. Never going under 10 C, reaches as high as 20 some days. That's barely what someone would call winter.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There was hardly any snow where I lived. I got a keyboard. I want to play some original Pokémon music, but I don't know how to use the keyboard :cry:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:19 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I was in NYC - I remember the winter of 96.
The 6 weeks from Christmas 2010 to February 2011 was the worst I think for me - 30 inches of snow for Christmas, and we got walloped every week.

In that whole time, because our garbage trucks doubled as our snow removal, we had garbage pickup once, maybe twice.
I'm just glad it was winter-intersession and I didn't have to go to classes - never would have made it out there.

Of course, down here in Raleigh, I was told we'd be warm, and no need for a winter coat - BULL. My parka was used more down here than I think anyone could have predicted. Heat's been blasting non-stop since end of October, I think. It is freezing.
The good news - we just had 3 days of cancelled classes this week, so I'm happy for that. I actually am prepared, thankfully. And I got caught up on my video gaming :D

*Prays for more snow for more cancelled classes and work*

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My situation is the same as Hunted Water's, but I'm at college. So, I have to WALK everywhere. I slipped on ice like three times the other day. Also, on an unrelated note, I didn't even know TheCyberMew posted things these days.

EDIT: Today, Urbana-Champaign experienced a ludicrous phenomenon. I observed no less than six distinct weather patterns in this order:

1. Clear
2. Thundersnow
3. Pointy, painful ice shards that I heard actually cut a guy
4. Freezing rain and umbrella-breaking wind gusts
5. Regular hail
6. More snow

And all that was in the span of five hours. At least it wasn't that cold out.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

We got around 11 inches of snow here. Thankfully it's all melted away now. Back in 2001 we had an ice storm that left a lot of the city without power for a week or two. I thought it was fun at the time since we got to go over to our friend's house where they had a gas stove that they could use to heat the house with cooking.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That's really cold over here in Fulton, going coooooldddddd hrrrrrrr

Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

TheCyberMew wrote:

This pic is from yesterday morning, before the additional 6" of snow I shoveled today. Worst winter since '96, which I'd imagine is before most people here were born.

Damn!!!! lol i thought we had it rough in Ohio

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh, the weather has cleared up again. We finally now have normal weather in 2017. It's also been three years since I last posted in this thread. I was banned for two years, but forgot about it. I should go play outside now.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]