It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Do you wish for a remake of Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald in Gen 6? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A part of me does want a remake of them simply because that's what they've done so far with the others. But then another of me doesn't really care, because I wouldn't get it even if they did make one. The only reason I played LeafGreen was because it was in color. I don't plan on playing HeartGold or SoulSilver, and I wouldn't play RighteousRuby or SuperSapphire. But I still think they should make them (although I'd change the titles to something cooler than RighteousRuby and SuperSapphire).

Sun May 12, 2013 1:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah those titles should not be the real titles for those remakes! But dude you should play Heartgold and Soulsilver they were awesome remakes!

Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm starting to get a little worried about them possibly remaking these. At first, I thought it was totally going to happen but I'm not quite as sure now just because if you look at the remake history so far, it makes a RSE remake quite late already, as they've gone to two new gens since the last remake.

I'm still hopeful though, I desperately want these to happen, especially if they include some of the rumored additions in Gen 6.

Sat May 18, 2013 4:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well so far the remakes have been for each new system. They went from GB and GBC to GBA and remade the first game, then they went to DS and remade the second game. So going to the 3DS and remaking the third game fits the pattern. But we'll see.

Sat May 18, 2013 6:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If they did remakes of every single games, it would be weird. o_O
Maybe for their 20th anniversary they're gonna do a remake of one of the games, dunno.

Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I remember getting home from school on my birthday, running around like mad and doing my homework and all my chores so my Mum would give me my Twelfth Birthday Present, which my Dad spent all day driving around looking for, only to return to the first store and ask when they'd be getting Pokemon in, and the lady said she had just opened the box.

So I started with my Blue Version, and after two years I finally finished the First Regional Pokedex, 150 with a Diploma :)

Then my best friend in High School got Gold and Silver for Christmas so he let me play his Silver while he played Gold.

It was like four or five years later when Emerald was in the discount section and talk of Diamond and Pearl was happening when I bought Emerald Version a few months before my eighteenth birthday. I never got to finish it because I moved clear across the country, but a few years later I bought it again and tried to finish it, but I moved again and gave the game to a friend before I left town.

A few months back I bought one off ebay, as soon as you get the eighth badge it freezes before leaving the match. You can't transfer your Pokemon to the other games either, I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

My point is, having had Nintendo play upon my "Must-Catch-All-Pokemon" mantra for the past fourteen years, even though I've had continued unluck with the third Gen I will definitely support, play and purchase a remake.

Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert- AWESOME STARTER EVOS!!
The Regi's, weather effects, Castform, Tropius, Absol, Aqua and Magma, I would love to see it all in 3D.

Can you imagine Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon battling in Sootopolis in 3D? ZOMFG if any games need remaking it's the third Gen.

I'd call them Aqua Sapphire and Magma Ruby

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Sun May 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Like most Vet. players I started with RBY but when I got RSE, I bombed the internet for remakes, but there were none, so I say RSE 2.

Mew, in all, is better than mewtwo.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's far from impossible to enjoy both the original and the remake. Especially when it comes to Pokémon.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I started from Red. I enjoyed the remake of FRLG.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd like to see it but I probably wouldn't buy it for 10 years. :P
I'd like to see what Hoenn looks like in 3D. They better not screw it up too badly.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

1996: Red/Blue
1997: Nothing
1998: Yellow
1999: Gold/Silver
2000: Crystal
2001: Nothing
2002: RubySapphire
2004: FRLG
2005: Emerald
2006: Diamond/Pearl
2007: Nothing
2008: Platinum
2009: HGSS
2010: Black/White
2011: Nothing
2012: Black/White2
2013: X/Y

In 17 years there has only been 4 occasions that a game hasn't been released from the main series.
It's pretty certain Ruby/Sapphire will get remade and its fairly certain (though a bit less) that we will see a Pokémon Z.

The only real question is which way round they will come. FRLG came out before emerald and HGSS came out after Platinum.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

they should be remade although i doubt emerald will be, i hope frlg remakes are VolcanoRed, ForestGreen and OceanBlue it would be a great opportunity to play through hoenn which i have never gone through but i have raised a blazekin

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:49 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh, further to my last post:

Red/blue -> FRLG = 8 years
Gold/Silver -> HGSS = 10 years
Ruby/Sapphire -> today = 11 years

If anything we are overdue a remake.
Although, if they bring out Z in 2014, then the year after would be a 10 year anniversary of arguably the best game of the series (Emerald).

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:24 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

As much as the remakes would be awesome, I kinda wish they would keep making these fun, quirky eShop titles. Also, a new Drill Dozer (I cannot mention this often enough).

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If they did a remake of Ruby Sapphire, I want the secret base thing to make a return as well.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It would be the best thing ever to bring RSE back, but what would be the added word to the beginning?
1. FIRE Red
2. LEAF Green
3. HEART Gold
4. SOUL Silver

I can't think of anything...

XD Yup...

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Blood Ruby
Cryps Sapphire

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

^Haha

A good chunk of my favorite pokemon made their debut in gen 3. I would love to see Hoenn remade as it is my favorite region.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For a new set of names for it, I think Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire would be fitting but thats just me. Perhaps the gang titles would be good as well. -KC

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I, personally, would absolutely love to see remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald is in my top three favorite games of all times.

The problem I see with the remakes, though, is the fact that the first two generations of games were cut off. After the series was basically remade, the first two generations of games were cut off, as most everyone should recall. Therefore, "Krys" couldn't send her Meganium to "Lyra". You could and would be able to have analogous "Brendan"'s and "May"'s receiving pokemon from each other in a way that could be somewhat similar to oneway…gift giving? It could work, I can easily see it working, but…

Ah hell, I just disproved my own point…

Maybe they could set up some sort of Time Capsule like system that allows trading between the new games and the home games, then? Complete the cycle, in a sense? They really should make Gen V fully compatible with Bank, and just give it certain limitations...

Anyway! Just as long as they don't try to stuff every one of the inevitable 800+ pokemon into them, and give an EPIC Sootopolis battle, then remakes would be great!

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm... Yeah, there are some good points and possible names...

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THEM?! :frustrated:

Oh, don't mind me, just... frustrated... *eye twitch*

XD Yup...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

to be honest i think we are past the era of remakes. What they should have done was maybe making XY slitghly harder, so it would be more time consuming, or is it just me getting so old i know mechanics? there will be a breaking point for everyone sooner or later if you are kinda only playing two games, with newer graphics every other year.
Okay that there are some aspects that would maybe have been awesome if remade in 3D, like the Three-way battle, but the whole game would just become repetitive as there isn't much which allows to change as it is supposed to be like the earlier version.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:12 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

No I do not support this. There was sense in Red, Blue, Silver and Gold being remade due to severely obsolete and crappy graphics(Seems like only yesterday the Silver and Gold graphics were actually amazing haha) but I don't see a necessity for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Nor honestly am I a huge fan of the Hoenn region so I actually don't believe it deserves to be the region that gets the wonderful 3D graphics and features. To this day I have yet to ever make it to the elite four in any of those games. I'm at Victory Road in Sapphire but lost interest at least a year ago. Alright so that's partially to do with the Twilight theme I have on it, I've been over Twilight for three years now but have kind of a sentiment feeling about it since I had used it to team up with my best friend with her Ruby to flll our Pokedexs and I have a Mewtwo on it that another friend had traded me. Actually however I plan on trading that Mewtwo to my Fire Red when I can manage a soft reset shiny Bulbasaur on and get it going.
I apologize for the slight biased.

From what I can tell Hoenn was not a heavily popular region and the 4 remakes we already have plus there's also Black and White 2 to consider, they in a way are remakes might be considered too many already. It will start to taint their run of constant originality, attention to that probably would be attracted this time. Especially considering this is a set that does NOT require improved graphics.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Black and White 2 aren't considered remakes. They're the sequels to Black and White, just like Platinum for Diamond and Pearl.......and Yellow to Red and Blue. And trust me every region has its fan base. Just go on Twitter and you'll see a lot of #RemakeHoenn tweets. You'll have to think of spinoff/side regions like Orre and Sevii Islands to go into the "less popular" realms of the Pokemon world.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes.
When I started Ruby, I got to naming my Mudkip Muddy and my Gameboy advanced colour (I think) ran out of charge and I lost my Gameboy charger, I had to go online and watch youtube to find out what happened. I'd love to be able to play Ruby

I started with FRLG as I Don't count my ruby failure

And imagine Sylveon in Hoenn. And Mew.

Yes.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next