It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What is the pokemon, that you can't play a game without? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{skarmory}. I have one in all of my games.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The water starter (except {totodile} those things are EVIL!!!) as well as a flying type for flying ( {staraptor} {pelipper} {fearow} {farfetch'd} )as well as 2-3 pokemon that a just there because i need 6 slots on my team as well as an hm slave or 2 {wailmer} and {marill} usually.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Last edited by Wailord_2 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favourite pokemon, {gardevoir}. Even if it took me a long time to find a female (a male gardevoir seems odd...), trace-ability, and modest ralts in my Emerald game

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

A full team of 6 psychic pokemon is essential! However I cannot play without my prized possession Image

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Fire starter... apart from Blaziken, who doesn't count. I think I have an unhealthy obsession with the fire type...

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i always have a magikarp {magikarp} on my team, because they're so easy to get early on in every game, and whenever the main storyline bores me i train the magikarp like crazy and don't evolve it. There's always something satisfying about beating a trainer with a magikarp (even if its 50 levels higher and needs 4 tackles).

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My starter, so far throughout every play through I have never benched my starter. I also seem to always have an electric type on my team.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I always walk around with at least one of the following: {luxray} {absol} {latias} {latios} {gallade}

For real battling (excluding ubers) I typically stick to Choice-band {luxray}, Life-orb {gallade}, and some-random-item {absol} now.

Shameless Self Advertisement?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I always try to use different pokemon each play through. Never have benched my starter though, I always try to have a balanced team of Attackers, a Wall or 2, and some set up.

gotta love em

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hippowalrus wrote:
I always try to use different pokemon each play through. Never have benched my starter though, I always try to have a balanced team of Attackers, a Wall or 2, and some set up.

I never bench my starter, also. If there's Lapras that can be acquired in the game I have to catch it, since for some reason I never lose with one. I have grown rather attached to a growlithe I caught in HG, I know it's sad, but I put it in my PC box until I finally beat the game. I also pal parked my Rhydon from LG since it was a boss and had 175 EV's for both attack and HP. I also try and find a pokemon that can learn a very diverse moveset like lapras or rhydon and still be somewhat of a tank in battle (usually dragonite, but in my HG game I found out rapidash can learn solarbeam, mega horn and poison jab).

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmmm, first of all, I can say that I rarely have steel, bug, grass, rock, ground, etc on my team in each game. However, I believe that I always have a fire, water, and electric pokemon on my team every time since I never live without Manectric, Pikachu, Tyholosion, Charizard, Swampert, Blastoise, and such. I also noticed that I really love carrying Espeon, Umbreon, Nidoking, Aggron, Arcanine, and others with me every time. (I believe I actually worship and love Pokemon that looks like dogs or have mammal furs. xD)

[Current Pokemon Sapphire Team]

---

⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is kinda a hard question really, because I usually switch my Pokemon around. Still, since Gen. 4 I've had a Lucario on every game I could. Heck, I even went through the trouble of raising him 40 levels for happiness to evolve, but it didnt :( . Then I realised that I was playing at night, and I evolved him the next day :D

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Spiritomb wrote:
i simply can't live without {gengar} in any of my games :D

HIGH FIVE! That aside,
Kanto- Gengar/starter
Johto- Ampharos.
Hoen-I've always only played with one specific team. >.< So Crawdaunt, Flygon, Exploud, Blaziken, Raichu, and Crobat
Sinnoh- No. Just no. Hate the region all together.
Unova-Samurott, Haxorus, Gigalith, Conkelldurr

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is a generation to generation thing
In all generations I need some sort of hm slave so I will progress through the game.
Generation 1 Sandslash & Raichu Sandslash for the simple reason i've never made a team with out one. Raichu is a very interesting case in that game prior to the release of the second generation he was one of few electrics who could actually put up a fight against rock grounds he is somewhat fast and also another reason why i use Sandslash.
Generation 2 It would have to be lanturn and i'm giving an honorable mention to forretress I can't remember a game of gold and silver where I did not have 1 of them
Forretress made a perfect suicide lead in the second generation.there really is no way to easily explain why i like lanturn so much. So i'm not even going to bother trying
Generation 3 I Can't go with out swampert or ludicolo and even lanturn yes this is why I gave myself this name I started having a weird obsession with water type pokemon as for colleseum Espeon and ampharos are cthe two members I need because they are my catching squad and with out them I could not easily progress through the game.
Gen 4 games i never played but it would have been hard for me to lay off of Drapion (whose name i have trouble spelling) I also had to have some sort of steel/psychic I wouldn't be telling the whole truth if I left gastrodon and quagsire out of it
Gen 5 If I were to play this generation i'd need pokemon black For A Mandibuzz and B Ferrothorn. both of these are real tanks that are hard to break. Ferrothorn can be a pretty offensive pokemon if it wants to be. as for mandibuzz it makes a great *toxishuffler it is also one of the most durable pokemon I've ever seen

*toxishuffling is when you use toxic and moves like whirlwind and dragon tail to poison and switch it's a very bizarre tactic but it works.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert! I'm a Swampert fan ever since I played emerald and had an easy victory.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sir Draco wrote:
Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert! I'm a Swampert fan ever since I played emerald and had an easy victory.

I know you are new to the forums, but this is called necromancy (Reviving threads)
Please check the last post date before posting; this one is 2 years old!
And welcome to the forums!!! :)

Since I'm here I'm gonna post mine... {rapidash}
My favorite pokemon! :D

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Based on obviousness I would say the starter Pokemon because you can't play the game until you get it. :lol: I am currently playing FR my team is
{charizard} {nidoking} {nidoqueen} {vaporeon} {marowak} {raichu}
Based on awesomeness I would say {eevee}/{eevee}lutions.
My {marowak} (Nicknamed Pinkamena) has been really helpful for me with all the Rocket's poison types in the Silph company office I'll give her a thumbs up for that
{raichu} (Mine nicknamed Elf Ears) is a good Pokemon to have just in case. Even though Elf Ears is only level 26 he beat a level 37 {pidgeot} with Shock Wave.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I can't go without my starter and usually the main bird.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I can't go without getting a Mudkip, they're just so cute and awesome.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Why are we performing necromancy?!

I always grab a zubat

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The beauty about Pokemon is that there are so many Pokemon to choose from when making your main team, so for me there isn't an answer to this question. There are a lot of Pokemon that will be in my Hall of Fame but they won't always be on my team.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Vaporterra, I have to disagree with you a little. I feel more like we should get attached to exactly three Evolution lines, and one legendary. Then you try to win everything with those same pokemon. :lol:
At least, that's what I do.
I cannot live without Ralts and all its evolutions, Shinx and all its Evolutions, and Roserade. (Budew and Roselia are cool, but not cool enough.) This is why I mutually dislike all the regions before Sinnoh. :mrgreen:

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Like a few other people, I don't really have any pokemon I can't play a game without, but I usually like having a really good sweeper and a dragon.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A fire type (especially the Chimchar line and Torchic) And an electric type for when I am surfing and get bugged by those stupid Tentacool and Tentacruel (especially Pikachu/Raichu and Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:52 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

{mew}

I looked up Mew on the internet and ever since I have used my action replay to give me a level 10 Mew at the start of all my adventures.

I only use my Action Replay for Mew, Rare Candies (when I get stuck and can't be bothered to train(like for Red in SoulSilver))

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next