It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Tales of Jack London 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Jack London... Truly a great author. Two of his books are on my favorites list. These include the tragic and proud story of 'White Fang', as well as the also tragic, proud tale of Buck in 'Call of the Wild'. I wish to read 'Sea-Wolf' as well, but I haven't gotten to it. >.<

One of the things that utterly inspires me is that Jack London grew up in many of the settings used in his books. Like in 'Call of the Wild''s beginning setting, London spent a good portion of his life in California.

Someone must've also read one of his books... SHouldn't they...? *squints eyes, to see no one* Darn...

Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I LOVE ABSOULUTLY LOVE WOLFS
I read Call of the Wild I wanna read White Fang but i havent gotten to it yet Jack Londons AWSOME

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You should pick it up soon. I could barely stop. In fact, I was scolded in class once for reading it. XP I read it 1 1/2 times. I read it once, and then a couple months later, I started reading it again, but switched too a different book. The end is so kyoot! But I won't give spoilers.

I'd go read Sea-Wolf right away, but I'm already in the middle of like 4 books, so, nyeh, I'll continue to postpone it. XP

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

mm when i was younger i read a compilation of call of the wild and other short stories by jack london. it was alright, i guess, im not a big fan of nature books or lengthy, dragged-out, exhausted, tedious, etc. descriptions of setting so yeaaaaa..... :roll:

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ya, I love Jack London's books and wolves. I've read both "Call of the Wild", and "White Fang", which were awesome books. Even way back in 4th grade I dressed up as Jack London for something about famous people.... I don't remember all the details, but ya....

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]