It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 CD Review: Rammstein - Rosenrot 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Apologies for the extremely long review, I couldn't keep my mouth shut on this :)

After a year's wait (VERY quick for them, by the way), the gods of Deutsche Metal return with Rosenrot (Rose-red). The reason for this unusually quick release is the band had 6 songs left over from the "Reise, Reise" recording sessions, so they went back into the studio after a long tour to record 5 more songs to release as an album, because the leftover 6 were just too good to go to waste, but could not be used on "Reise, Reise" because of thematic limitations.

Anyway, a track-by-track review of the album (translations in brackets [ ] ):

Benzin [Gasoline/Petrol]
The first single from Rosenrot. I can only describe the opening as a descent into madness, starting soft then becoming faster and more deranged until the guitars kick in and the vocals start. The rest of the song is a mix of guitars, drums, and the occasional keyboard coming in, and talks about separation, using the metaphor of using fire to get rid of things and forget about them. Definitely one of the hardest songs on the album, and check out the video if you can.
9/10

Mann Gegen Mann [Man Against Man]
Another soft opening turning into a very hard song. The song was inspired by Till's visit to a gay bar, and speaks from a gay man's perspective. The lyrics mention, among other things, how his gender calls him a traitor and is every father's nightmare (Mein Geschlecht schimpft mich Verr

Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I just heard Du Hast, and that's pretty good. You've got me hooked F_W.

Maybe someone could inform me more about Rammstein and his music?

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:36 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Well, I just heard Du Hast, and that's pretty good. You've got me hooked F_W.

Maybe someone could inform me more about Rammstein and his music?

This is the official English site. Herzeleid.com has lyrics and English translations.

If you want to listen to samples of 6 songs (Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann, Spring, Zerst

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I question "Amerika". In this song it sounds as if he is serious, yet I can't see how America is wonderful. (Based on this song). I can't interpret whether there's sarcasm or not. Is he honestly saying America is wondeful, or is he trying to put a deeper message across?

I love his approach though, it's literally a perfect song in my opinion. The ending is great, with the "choir", and not to mention the lyrics are awesome. :)

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:46 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I question "Amerika". In this song it sounds as if he is serious, yet I can't see how America is wonderful. (Based on this song). I can't interpret whether there's sarcasm or not. Is he honestly saying America is wondeful, or is he trying to put a deeper message across?

I love his approach though, it's literally a perfect song in my opinion. The ending is great, with the "choir", and not to mention the lyrics are awesome. :)

The song is supposed to be about the globalization of American culture (i.e. McDonalds popping up everywhere, the use of English everywhere, etc.) It's not an anti-American song (in the sense of "AMERICA SUCKS DOWN WITH AMERICA"), they're just complaining that America's influence on the world is destroying the cultures of other countries.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I had thought it was something that like. :) Thanks.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Amerika" has a really funny video. The members of Rammstein are dancing around the American Flag on the moon, and then they start playing pinball. Meanwhile, it shows all these people from all over the world mouthing the lyrics, "We're all living in Amerika, Amerika ist wunderbar."

My favorite songs by Rammstein are Sehnsucht, Du Riechst So Gut, and Laichzeit.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]