It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Forum Advertisement Version 2.0.0 Update: 04/18/07 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Welcome to the Forum Advertisement topic! This topic will briefly describe basic advertisement of your forum.

There are millons of forums around the internet, ranging from Pokemon to Starting a Forum. So what is going to make yours worth visiting? What puts yours above the rest?

Unless its "an idea", its recommended you don't start a forum unless you are going to put some good time and effort into it. Things like Proboards and Invision Free are not good ideas if you are really looking to turn into a forum admin.

Once you have your appropriate setup, and think your forum is ready, check this criteria out:

• Is your template unique or custom built? If not have you adjusted it at all?

• Is your template consistent throughout the forum, or any website that may be attached?

• Does your forum have any guidelines? If it doesn't, is it viewable to the public?

• Does your forum have a focused theme?

• Will there be an active Administrator or Moderator?

Once you've asked yourself these questions, try working with them. Maybe your theme could use some work! Maybe your guidelines are a bit difficult to understand.

Proper Advertising

Once you've completed our little checklist, its time to advertise.

The biggest forum killer, even bigger than hacking is inactivity. So how do you get members? When will you get the pleasure of coming home from work or school and seeing new posts? The answer to that, is dependent on your advertising skills.

Linking

Try linking with another website. If you offer there forums link on yours, maybe you get get yours on theres. This is very common, and an excellent idea.

Forum Advertising

Try visiting another forum. Maybe they have an advertising section where they would let you post a topic. If you do this, be sure that you give plenty of information about your site. Make sure you supply:

• The forums theme

• A direct link

• Describe the atmosphere (strict, relaxed)

• Administrator contact

Once supplying that, it should be enough to direct some traffic.

LINKS

phpbb.com
Possibly the most popular board software, find downloads, and the phpBB community here.

communitypromotion.com
Promotion tips more advanced than this topic.

communityadmins.com
Discuss all aspects of designing and managing a forum.

Thank you,
Truestar

For more information or questions, Private Message me (my e-mail notification is on), or shoot me an e-mail at: fa_truestar@hotmail.com

Last edited by Truestar on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:46 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Stickied, good sir. :) Thanks for taking the time to type all of this up.

Everyone, read this and follow it carefully, or I'll be forced to send your topic (or post, whatever) to...um....somewhere, but it won't be pleasant.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If you deleted your forum, or something similar, please let the T&A Moderators know, or me, so I can remove it from the "database".

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hello all,

I've updated this topic as I see it as my responsibility to do so. I've adjusted grammar, spelling, and the Psypoke User Forum Database. As you can see, the Users database is quite clean.

As you can see, many points the Moderators of this forum have been proven.

Tom wrote:
This forum is highly succesful because an excellent website supports it.

Yup, over 15 of the forums users submitted didn't have a backbone.

Tom wrote:
I find it likely that some people are setting up forums because they want a 'quick fix' forum that will be swarming with people overnight, you can then take pleasure in banning people and using the powers you get by owning your own board.

How true. I went through each of the submitted sites and found quite a few with banned users. Good call Tom.

Tom wrote:
Those people will fail.

Correct! Thus 3 out of the 21 users sites are still existing today with at least one active user.

Kryten wrote:
Not true at all Tom. All we want is to make our own.

lmao. Okay, I just wanted to quote that. :P

TheCyberMew wrote:
...there is no motivation to join unless you know the owner of the board...

Again, the Mods have pwned everybody. 3 out of 21 sites. :)

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
Because they want a forum as popular as Psypoke with themselves in power.

Yep again. How do I know? I looked through the users forums and saw angry members. Why? The staff was corrupt.

So what does this mean? I'm not adding anymore sites unless they follow this criteria:

1. The board must have a new post every 3 weeks.

2. The board cannot duplicate Psypoke, or my site. (An added bonus for taking the time creating this topic ;) ) Well...Hell. You copy any site it's not appearing here unless a Moderator or Administrator puts it here. :)

Thanks, please feel free to keep submitting your sites and private message me for questions. :)

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It was getting hairy, so I shaved it. Gets to the point and basics needed the advertise a forum.

w00t.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

True revenue lies in keywords and metacodes in your scripts to appear in search engines.

In search of HTML coders and other HTML help and assistance. For further information read here http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14610

Fri May 04, 2007 9:21 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Indeed, and its a good idea after the forum is established and launched. :)

Sat May 05, 2007 11:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]