It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{steelix} @ Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
Nature:Adamant (+ Atack,- Special Atack)
EVs:252 Atack,129 Defense,129 Hp
~Defense Curl
~Rollout
~HP (Flying)
~Substitute

First Substitute then Defense Curl.Proceed to Rollout the opponent.HP (Flying) is there so Fighting types aren`t a problem.EVs are in Atack for better damage and Defense and Hp for physical survivability.Sturdy is there because...well Rock Head is pretty useless without a recoil move and it protects Steelix against Lock On + Fissure Nosepass or...something similar :/.I`m not good at berries at all so you can change the lefties if you want to and replace them with a Defense/Atack boosting or healing berry.This thing should stay clear of Water types because they instanly own him,period.Fire types can be KO-ed with Rollout.The Ground and Water weaknesses can`t be helped at all but I would say he pretty much covers his other weaknesses and gives a hard time to anything else.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I'm not sure if this one's been suggested already, but I thought it was interesting.

{exeggutor} @ Lefties
Modest, Chlorophyll
EVs 251 SA, the rest divided between Def. and SD.
Psychic
LeechSeed
Toxic
Protect

It's fairly straightfoward. Seed, Toxic, then Protect. The Lefties and Seed should heal you of most damage when Protect fails or you use Psychic. Psychic is there to counter Grass/poison types who are immune to both Toxic and LeechSeed, as well as to give it an attacking move.

Last edited by Skytune on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright, I'll get working on aanother one.

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:07 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Steelix: Doesn't look like it'll work too well, but it's worth a shot. I can test that.

Exeggutor: Looks like it'll work. I'll probably end up changing the EVs to something like 252 Sp. Def and 129 HP and Def, as Psychic already receives STAB. I can test that, too.

When I test out these, I'll be testing out a new (different) scale as well, but that won't decide if these make it to HoF or not.

Edit: (Results... pretty fast this time)

Steelix not too well. Kind of weak to the Special attacks anyway. It didn't live long enough to get Defense Curl and Rollout up anyway.

Exeggutor did great, though. I used the EV's as above (what I suggested). Ended up taking down a Suicune beautifully. 5 PsyBucks.

I've edited my scale on the other post, and it works pretty well.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know I`m probably pushing it with my "creative" movesets but I just can`t help my creativeness these days :P.Behold the Ludicolo.

{ludicolo} @ Leftovers
Ability:Doesn`t matter,Rain Dance isn`t in the moveset
Nature:Modest (+ Special Atack,- Atack)
EVs:252 Special Atack,129 Defense,129 Speed
~Sunny Day
~Fire Punch
~Solarbeam
~Synthesis

Set up Sunny Day then use Fire Punch and Solarbeam at will.Synthesis is there for healing which is boosted a little by Sunny Day being active.The Punch gives Bug types a hard time and I know Flying and Poison types give Ludi trouble but this set is good and I think it`s worth trying out.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

That one's okay. The Ability should be Swift Swim so if the Rain comes out, you have more Speed to set up the Sunny Day. I'll test.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Adamant Nature (+A, -SA)
Ability: Rock Head
Evs: 126HP, 126 Spd, 252HP
Defense Curl
Rollout
Thunder Wave (staller)
Double-Edge/Iron Tail
DC+Rollout, Thunder Wave to stall and Double-Edge(w/Rock Head) for an attack. For those mean Ghosts, put Iron Tail instead. If the EV's need to be adjusted, then do so.
The things I do when I'm bored....
-Gardevoir~

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

On the Aggron, I really don't think that'll work well. Similar to the Steelix, Rollout won't do much at first, and you'll just be pretty vulnerable in there. The reason the Snorlax worked was because it had Belly Drum to max the power, it could heal itself (the Rest version at least), and had reasonable defenses.

Also, Thunder Wave and Quick Claw is redundant, so that should be switched for Leftovers. Another suggestion could be to take off Double-Edge/Iron Tail and put in Swagger. That would get it working better, more than likely... except if they're a Fighting.

I'm not sure too where to go on it, though.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:41 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The reason why Snorlax can pull it off is also because Snorlax can last long enough. Reasonable Defense stat plus the fact that it is only weak to Fighting moves helped. On the other hand, Steelix and Aggron have too many weaknesses. A single Surf might be able to take them out already.

I've updated the Hall of Fame and Test List. Skytune will be aiding tiger10x in testing some of the sets from now on. Also, Water Pokemon Master/Benjamin has indicated that he would not be interested to come back and help out (lost interest in Pokemon), so he's been removed from the "Staff" List :?

Anyway, congratulations to Skytune for the Exeggutor set :D

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, I didnt think it would be extremely effective, see the "Im bored" part. Sometimes I get extremely bored and supply my good Pokes with horrible movesets. Yay!

-Gardevoir~

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks, guys. :oops: I had another idea. (Run away!)

{aggron} @ Chesto
Sturdy, Impish/Careful Nature
EVs: 252 Hp, 189 Sp. Def, 69 Def.
Counter
Thunderbolt
Attract
Rest

Rather different set for Aggron. Counter is there for any fighting or ground moves (i.e, BrickBreak, Earthquake) which are very common moves. Thunderbolt is there for any water types that may Surf this guy to death, Attract to help preserve it a bit longer, and Rest to help it heal damage when Attract is in effect. EVs are spread to maximize Hp (to help it withstand attacks), boost the lousy Sp. Def (to help it last against water moves), and keep the high Def. for which Aggron is famous (helps Aggron last long enough to use Counter). You might want to change the last two moves, and I know that Aggron has lousy Sp. Attack, so Thunderbolt won't be very effective. *shrug* Make of it what you will.

EDIT: Thought of another one, this time for Espeon. Ready? Okay!

{espeon} @ King'sRock/Lefties
Synchronize, Modest nature
EVs: Sp. Attack 252, Sp. Def. 129, Def. 129
Psychic
Bite
Reflect
LightScreen

Espeon's one of the few pokemon able to learn both Screens, and since it has both physical and special weaknesses, those moves cover both. It's fast enough to put them in effect. It might have been better to give it Lefties to hold, but I like the King'sRock since you can have it Bite. With Espeon's high Speed and Sp. Attack, it can put to good use Bite, and that move is totally unexpected from an Espeon. Opponent sends out ghost, Espeon uses Bite, ghost goes byebye. Psychic is there for sweeping. This guy would run into some major trouble against a Regice or Blissey though.

EDIT: And another one. The creative juices are really flowing today.

{volbeat} @ ChoiceBand
Swarm, Adament Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, 129 Speed, 129 Hp
Trick
SignalBeam
Swagger
PsychUp

Use Trick right away to give the opponent the ChoiceBand. If they use either a stat-boosting move or a not very effective move, then use Swagger, then PsychUp. SignalBeam is there to make use of that, and to confuse the foe on occasion. Fairly straightfoward.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Aggron: I still doubt anyone will stick around longer if they see Counter once. They'll just switch to water, and use a much faster Surf to get you. Just too slow to work.

Espeon: Amazingly, I attempted at Espeon a while ago with almost the same set. Only difference was Calm Mind for Light Screen. It would work better, but it didn't make the HoF anyway. Sorry.

Volbeat: The ChoiceBand thing doesn't work if you're slower than the opponent. They'll probably switch and kill the strategy. I don't think it'll work, but I'll test it.

You (Skytune) can test the Ludicolo and I'll test your Volbeat.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Criticalchamp :shock:
Machamp (M) @ Scope Lens
Trait: Guts
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Focus Energy
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rest

Might need a little tweaking with the Evs.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Dont forget Criticalzor (my fave since I submitted it lol)
Criticalpedo! LOL
{sharpedo} Scope Lens /Rough Skin
Adamant/Jolly, Evs: 252 Spd 252 Attack 6 HP
Focus Energy
Slash
Attract
HP Ghost
Attract first to stall, then set yourself up for Super Critical Smackdown! Probably wont live more than 3-4 turns, maybe even 2. HP Ghost for those mean ghosties. (LOL, hits them, takes advandtage of Attack, and super effective w/ high critical hit!)
Might need a lil' tweaking....

-Gardevoir~

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:45 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I find it funny when people push the trend of one or two successful HoF-ers to "That one can learn it, too. Post!" I mean, this is seriously pushing the whole "Creative" thing. If it is, then they probably won't be tested, but that's up to Snow.

Machamp: Rest makes you fall Asleep, and that lets your opponents take full advantage. I seriously doubt it would have enough lasting time anyway, so you'd take off Rest and use an attacking move. Probably Rock Slide or something.

Sharpedo: Also looks seriously vulnerable. Attract won't do much at all to help with this strategy. I'd also suggest Jolly.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aggron: I still doubt anyone will stick around longer if they see Counter once. They'll just switch to water, and use a much faster Surf to get you. Just too slow to work.

Volbeat: The ChoiceBand thing doesn't work if you're slower than the opponent. They'll probably switch and kill the strategy. I don't think it'll work, but I'll test it.

You (Skytune) can test the Ludicolo and I'll test your Volbeat.

Then make the nature on the Volbeat Jolly, switch the EVs from Attack to Speed, and try it then. For the Aggron, that's why I put Surf on there. If the opponent doesn't have a brickbreaking or earthquaking pokemon, then use Thunderbolt, as they'll probably switch to a water type. If they do know either of those moves, it will probably hurt Aggron more than half, and then there goes their pokemon with Counter. I know it's got problems, but it might work. If you've time, will you test in anyways?

I'm on the Ludicolo. I'll report tomorrow (if I can get on Netbattle. It was screwy today).

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:40 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Thanks S_S and tiger10x. That's what I think as well. I had the Primeape set added in, and the next was a Scizor, similar in concept (Scope Lens and all), and it went in as well, but now it's getting repetitive, and the originality is disappearing :?

Updated the Test List.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 100 HP / 200 Spd / 208 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Punch
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Say hello to Feraliboah!

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, one last moveset before the creative juices dry up...

{noctowl} @ Leftovers/Chesto
KeenEye/Insomnia, Modest nature
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 189 Def, 69 Sp. Def.
Psychic
FaintAttack
MudSlap
Rest/LightScreen

Just a special version of Noctowl. Mudslap is for electric types, while FaintAttack is for any psychics/ghosts and Psychic is for any fighters/poisoners. MudSlap will also be supereffective against any steel or rock types. Like it?

PS. On the Aggron, change Attract to Thunderwave. If the opponent might switch, use Thunderwave. Then your Thunderbolt will be before their Surf.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok I think I hit the jackpot on this one.

Image@Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
Modest Nature.
Super Power-Swagger-psyche up-Iron Defense

Swagger your opponent than psyche up. Use super power once or twice than Iron defense, Swagger, psyche up, Super Power, and repeat. I went with Defense Deoxys so it doesn't get KO'd when its defense gets too low

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Feraligatr: I think it might be okay. I do doubt it though. With the extra Speed, you won't be able to pull off a SubPunch as well, and no defensive part to it. If you have EVs in HP, that barely helps any. If they attack you with Electric or Grass, it's just going to get you anyway. I suppose worth a test though.

Noctowl: Just not powerful or quick enough to pull off that set, I would think. Mud Slap would do practically nothing to Electric's anyway. No.

Deoxys: Even though it still has awesome defenses, if you Swagger them before Iron Defense, you're just helping them. Totally useless against Ghosts, who'd benefit from Swagger and then murder it. It also has a whole in the Special Defense. You've also got the Nature wrong. It should be Careful. Basically though, Toxic-ers, Poisons, Ghosts, etc. could easily take care of this. Not sure where to go on it, although I'm leaning towards no.

I've my own ideas, too, but I'm just formulating them now. I might edit one in along with the next results.

Edit:

Bad news: Volbeat can't learn both Silver Wind and Trick on the same set. Invalid Egg moves. :(

A set of mine:

{slowbro} @ Leftovers
Timid / Own Tempo
EVs: 129 Defense; 129 HP; 252 Speed
- Counter
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Psychic

Simple strategy really. I know it might be pushing the Creative thing a little too much, too, as it's Counter there instead of Flamethrower of the Standard. But it is a different strategy. It could also work as:

{slowbro} @ Leftovers
Timid / Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP; 129 Speed; 129 Spec. A.
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Surf

Same thing with the low HP problems, though. If that becomes an obstacle, replace Psychic with Rest. (The first that is)

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry, I couldn't test mmmj's Ludicolo. I couldn't get connected to Netbattle. :( As for the Volbeat, was that SilverWind or SignalBeam? I think I had it on SignalBeam... If I can, I'll test out your Slowbro tomorrow too.

PS. Why aren't they Slowking? Just curious.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh... sorry. I misread Signal Beam for Silver Wind. :P I guess I still have to test it.

The reason why it's Slowbro is because it's Defense is better than Slowking, as Counter is the main strategy. Slowking's the opposite with higher Spec. Def.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:57 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm fine with the Feraligatr, so do test it. I'm leaning towards a no for the Deoxys as well, but I think it might be worth some testing, albeit with tweaking in EVs, Natures and such.

Slowbro... Well, kinda standard indeed, because the main strategy is still to special sweep, with Counter as an alternative strategy :?

I'll wait for Skytune's comment ;[

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 58  Next